criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

DICE should introduce an in game voting system for determining what the community wants

Prev1
DICE has said that they will largely be listening to community feedback when it comes to deciding what gets added in the seasons. This is a good thing overall IMO. However it can be hard determining what the community wants as a whole when looking at internet message boards, Twitter, etc. as those places at their best still only represent a tiny fraction of the Battlefront community.

Therefore I think they should introduce an in game voting system that allows people to vote on what they would like to see in upcoming seasons. This would bypass things like community made polls which can be manipulated. Additionally, it would capture a larger segment of the people who actually play the game, as many of them never set foot in online message boards or social media to talk about Battlefront.

Online petitions, polls and community feedback would still have some relevance of course(may even help them with their official poll questions), but asking the actual players in the game itself would be the best way to gauge actual community interest in the things that are being asked for. Additionally, it allows them to put in more realistic options for development purposes, as sometimes what the community asks for may not be possible from a developer standpoint.

What do you guys think?
#JustSayNoToReyLo

Replies

• Doctor_Fate
    36 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I find this idea good to an extent .

i see the potential of a lot of people getting mad (me included) to see that their fav (or just a character that they really like) get excluded for a character that they really dont care about .

Just the thought that Chirrut or Windu were once considered but Ahsoka Worshipers took them from me would be unbearable :pensive:

But again this is the best idea ive seen someone come up with

Forum or reddit polls shouldnt really be considered as Reddit only consists of like 5% of the community and the forums 0.1% kek

So yeah , this is best alternative .
  • Alex64
    5796 posts Member
    Devs could use this system to see which season packs release.
  • I would like this, but EA has their "game changers" who represent the community.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Yea. Just a simple pop up poll that has 2-4 choices and gives you 100 credits if you complete it. It should have pictures so that even the most casual Star Wars fan will know what the planet/hero/etc is.
  • Trooper8059
    10198 posts Member
    Imagine the sheer amount of characters you'd have to put on that list...
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • I would like this, but EA has their "game changers" who represent the community.

That seems to be more related to game mechanics though.
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    Yea. Just a simple pop up poll that has 2-4 choices and gives you 100 credits if you complete it. It should have pictures so that even the most casual Star Wars fan will know what the planet/hero/etc is.

I like that, a small credit bonus would be a good way to encourage engagement. Pics would also definitely be a necessity.
    Imagine the sheer amount of characters you'd have to put on that list...

They would keep it manageable.

Another thing they could do is to conduct a series of polls. The first could be a vote on the era. After that it could be requested heroes from the winning era, etc.

They could also have polls and community events surrounding smaller things like hero skins and reinforcements. Doing things like that is a good way to drive community engagement and make the fans feel like their voices matter.

Obviously there are certain things that would take precedence over fan requests, like seasons that are locked into movie releases, as well as gameplay fixes and tweaks. Regardless though, the more community engagement the better.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • lowell
    597 posts Member
    Create a direct message sender in the game that sends the message to the systems at the studio if the team is able to receive messages through it like how you can chat with other players in-game to request anything fans would like to see from the canon to be in the game.
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    Yeah I like that, like an in game survey to save us a trip to the forums
  • I like this idea, a lot actually!
  • Yeah, I've been thinking there should be official surveys. In game is a very good idea.
  • EvazanJr wrote: »

Definitely needs pictures, even a small description of the content. However I don't see the need for a credit bonus as it will encourage players who don't care to vote for a random thing, making the results less representative.
  • IMPACT
    34 posts Member
    Yeah I like that, great idea!
  • Sssoul
    26 posts Member
    also they could ask something like whats ones favorite era/faction to play as
  • Danxoln wrote: »
    Yeah I like that, like an in game survey to save us a trip to the forums

Indeed, plus the vast majority of people who play the game will never come to the forums in the first place.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Real talk though the majority don't care about Ackbar so the community can't be trusted.
  • Real talk though the majority don't care about Ackbar so the community can't be trusted.

The Ackbar supporters just aren't as loud, they're the silent majority. ;)
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    edited August 2017

Definitely needs pictures, even a small description of the content. However I don't see the need for a credit bonus as it will encourage players who don't care to vote for a random thing, making the results less representative.
    Good point isn't neccesary
  • For the most part, everyone wants pretty much the same thing. Basically everything from the original battlefront games with more stuff added. Giving us anything less is a waste of time. There's no excuse for the last battlefront dice made, should never have released half a game
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    For the most part, everyone wants pretty much the same thing. Basically everything from the original battlefront games with more stuff added. Giving us anything less is a waste of time. There's no excuse for the last battlefront dice made, should never have released half a game
    Not everyone wants the same thing and we can't get everything. I'd prefer the maps from EAs game over the originals.
  • Dice knows we wanna play as jawas, ewoks, wampas, and tuskens as well as the hero battles. Bring all that back with updated maps and added content such as new heroes and villains. That's what people want and unless they get it there gonna stop playing after a month like everybody else.
  • Dice knows we wanna play as jawas, ewoks, wampas, and tuskens as well as the hero battles. Bring all that back with updated maps and added content such as new heroes and villains. That's what people want and unless they get it there gonna stop playing after a month like everybody else.

I don't want to play as jawas, wampas or tuskens. I want them to be neutral, ai controlled pests.

Post launch, the devs need to know what the community wants first.
  • You know it'd just get Boaty McBoatfaced and we'd end up with Prune Face for lulz though right?
  • You know it'd just get Boaty McBoatfaced and we'd end up with Prune Face for lulz though right?

Lol. Doubt it when it is something people actually care about.

No one gives two **** about the name of a boat, can't say the same for battlefront content.

No one gives two **** about the name of a boat, can't say the same for battlefront content.

Ngl though I'd be legitimately hype for Prune Face.

Ngl though I'd be legitimately hype for Prune Face.

Ffs lol
  • DarthJ
    6109 posts Member
    Great idea, I'd back it. Probably the sanest, most sensible and well thought out thread I have ever seen on here, hats off to you!

I'm still not keen on the idea of the community deciding though, I'd rather thry had some of the more important characters who miss launch as coming first. My main worry is someone like Ahsoka being pushed ahead of Windu, Dooku, Anakin etc purely because some people scream loudest for her. Don't get me wrong, I want her in the game eventually, but think this could go south just as easy.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Great idea, I'd back it. Probably the sanest, most sensible and well thought out thread I have ever seen on here, hats off to you!

I'm still not keen on the idea of the community deciding though, I'd rather thry had some of the more important characters who miss launch as coming first. My main worry is someone like Ahsoka being pushed ahead of Windu, Dooku, Anakin etc purely because some people scream loudest for her. Don't get me wrong, I want her in the game eventually, but think this could go south just as easy.

Ahsokaaaaa!!!
    She should come together with Anakin and Obi-Wan if they are not available at launch.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• DarthJ wrote: »

Don't think anyone is going to vote ahsoka over anakin, even the most devoted ahsoka fan
  • I think a poll would be a great idea, games like final fantasy 15 had that for a while. It doesn't need to be complicated, just pick a planet, some heroes and reinforcements, and maybe a few vehicles you want in the game from a list of choices. DICE can make their own list if they so wish, even if some of the options aren't what all of us want. Maybe add game mode ideas in there for a little twist, unless DICE wants to keep a minimum amount of modes to keep the playerbase together.
    For the most part, everyone wants pretty much the same thing. Basically everything from the original battlefront games with more stuff added. Giving us anything less is a waste of time. There's no excuse for the last battlefront dice made, should never have released half a game
    Not everyone wants the same thing and we can't get everything. I'd prefer the maps from EAs game over the originals.

I said update the maps, it's not like they're coming up with new ideas they are just leaving stuff out because they know you will buy whatever they release. And ya everyone wants basically the same thing some just want more than others

I don't want to play as jawas, wampas or tuskens. I want them to be neutral, ai controlled pests.

Post launch, the devs need to know what the community wants first.

Lol you don't wanna be a wampa? Do you not want to play as mace windu or qui-gon jinn either because if nobody says anything they're gettin left out too. But hey atleast we got greeto

Thanks!

Yeah, well the whole people screaming loudest issue is why I like the idea of an in game voting system. The results will be truly representative of what the community wants. I just get sick of the constant back and forth on the forums about what characters should and shouldn't make it into the game, with people claiming such and such character is or is not popular. A voting system like this would definitively settle a lot of those arguments.

Additionally, I really like the idea of a voting system that can't be rigged somehow. Let's say I want to get a ridiculous character choice like Uncle Owen into the game. If I have enough of a following, I can probably get a lot of people who don't even play the game to come in and vote on a poll, artificially inflating his numbers. Stuff like that happens all the time online. Restricting the voting system to an in game vote means that things like that can't happen. Sure, there's the possibility that a popular YouTuber could influence the vote among players, but not in a major way. Even Battlefront Updates, who is probably the most popular Battlefront YouTuber, only draws in a tiny fraction of the number of people who play Battlefront.
    I think a poll would be a great idea, games like final fantasy 15 had that for a while. It doesn't need to be complicated, just pick a planet, some heroes and reinforcements, and maybe a few vehicles you want in the game from a list of choices. DICE can make their own list if they so wish, even if some of the options aren't what all of us want. Maybe add game mode ideas in there for a little twist, unless DICE wants to keep a minimum amount of modes to keep the playerbase together.

Anything to drive community engagement is a good thing IMO. I really want Battlefront II to be a successful multiplayer game that is supported long term. Making the player base feel involved and recognized is a great way towards making that happen.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo

Thanks!

Yeah, well the whole people screaming loudest issue is why I like the idea of an in game voting system. The results will be truly representative of what the community wants. I just get sick of the constant back and forth on the forums about what characters should and shouldn't make it into the game, with people claiming such and such character is or is not popular. A voting system like this would definitively settle a lot of those arguments.

Additionally, I really like the idea of a voting system that can't be rigged somehow. Let's say I want to get a ridiculous character choice like Uncle Owen into the game. If I have enough of a following, I can probably get a lot of people who don't even play the game to come in and vote on a poll, artificially inflating his numbers. Stuff like that happens all the time online. Restricting the voting system to an in game vote means that things like that can't happen. Sure, there's the possibility that a popular YouTuber could influence the vote among players, but not in a major way. Even Battlefront Updates, who is probably the most popular Battlefront YouTuber, only draws in a tiny fraction of the number of people who play Battlefront.
    I think a poll would be a great idea, games like final fantasy 15 had that for a while. It doesn't need to be complicated, just pick a planet, some heroes and reinforcements, and maybe a few vehicles you want in the game from a list of choices. DICE can make their own list if they so wish, even if some of the options aren't what all of us want. Maybe add game mode ideas in there for a little twist, unless DICE wants to keep a minimum amount of modes to keep the playerbase together.

Anything to drive community engagement is a good thing IMO. I really want Battlefront II to be a successful multiplayer game that is supported long term. Making the player base feel involved and recognized is a great way towards making that happen.

This forum would be a good example. It's probably nowhere near fool-proof but generally speaking everyone using this board will have an account linked to a BF2 license (I don't think they've switched that on yet).

It's as good as anything, they'd just have to advertise it elsewhere, on social media, in-game message (join the forum now to vote on Season 2!) with the added bonus of increasing forum engagement.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Good idea!
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • This is a good idea
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I hope the poll is for people who actually own the game and not who own "most" Origin troll accounts #thiago
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• I'd like to hear peoples' opinions even if they don't own the game. Some people didn't buy it because I said they shouldnt pay 60$ for just hoth, tatooine, and endor. Kinda felt like all the dlcs they came out with should have been in the base game as well. Not sure why they left out Ben kenobi and mos eisley if they wanted to keep it like the movies. Also idk if the emporer ever fought on endor or tatooine in the movies but he was definitely tearing it up on battlefront shoulda gavem a lightsaber if he can be in jabbas palace. Tired of the lame excuses to why battlefront was such a failure. It's very simple, it has less content then the original games. And the only new content is greeto and lando calrissian, ya that's exactly what we waited 10 years for
  • I'd like to hear peoples' opinions even if they don't own the game. Some people didn't buy it because I said they shouldnt pay 60$ for just hoth, tatooine, and endor. Kinda felt like all the dlcs they came out with should have been in the base game as well. Not sure why they left out Ben kenobi and mos eisley if they wanted to keep it like the movies. Also idk if the emporer ever fought on endor or tatooine in the movies but he was definitely tearing it up on battlefront shoulda gavem a lightsaber if he can be in jabbas palace. Tired of the lame excuses to why battlefront was such a failure. It's very simple, it has less content then the original games. And the only new content is greeto and lando calrissian, ya that's exactly what we waited 10 years for

There will be plenty of ways to hear people's opinions online still. A system like this is simply meant to get direct community input from actual players though. That way we can actually properly gauge just how much the community wants certain things.
    DarthJ wrote: »

Thanks!

This forum would be a good example. It's probably nowhere near fool-proof but generally speaking everyone using this board will have an account linked to a BF2 license (I don't think they've switched that on yet).

It's as good as anything, they'd just have to advertise it elsewhere, on social media, in-game message (join the forum now to vote on Season 2!) with the added bonus of increasing forum engagement.

I get what you're saying, but at the end of the day, you won't get nearly as much community response from the forums. Maybe they could encourage forum participation in other ways, like using the forum to choose voting options or something like that.
    I hope the poll is for people who actually own the game and not who own "most" Origin troll accounts #thiago

That's the idea.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • lowell
    597 posts Member
    Actually, there might have been some people who didn't buy Battlefront 2015 because they didn't see more non-

film Star Wars content besides Jakku and Sullust. Will non-film media haters be sad if Akiva or Kuat is the new

Sullust for Battlefront II or like when Crait will be like the Jakku DLC from the first game?

I said update the maps, it's not like they're coming up with new ideas they are just leaving stuff out because they know you will buy whatever they release. And ya everyone wants basically the same thing some just want more than others
    No they aren't.

No they aren't.

Well why was so much was left out of BF1 what's your opinion
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    edited August 2017

No they aren't.

Just cuz the game was a disappointment doesn't mean they held stuff back. They were rushed and screwed up.
  • JMaster
    2114 posts Member
    I love the idea, @Admiral_Petty! A poll that everyone who plays Battlefront can answer would be wonderful, instead of specific forums and Youtubers who may skew results or community desires. I have to wonder though, could and should players send suggestions and polls? Or would it purely be DICE sending them, in your case. I would love it if players themselves could provide surveys (with a look over by moderators of course, to eliminate DARTH J J ABRAMS!!! YES/MAYBE?polls or whatever : / ), what do you think?
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • JMaster wrote: »
    I love the idea, @Admiral_Petty! A poll that everyone who plays Battlefront can answer would be wonderful, instead of specific forums and Youtubers who may skew results or community desires. I have to wonder though, could and should players send suggestions and polls? Or would it purely be DICE sending them, in your case. I would love it if players themselves could provide surveys (with a look over by moderators of course, to eliminate DARTH J J ABRAMS!!! YES/MAYBE?polls or whatever : / ), what do you think?

It would give fans a clearer view of what everyone else wants as well as the developers, on here everyone's ideas are kind of spread out hard to tell what's popular and what's not
  • DarthJ
    6109 posts Member
    JMaster wrote: »

At first I read the Darth J line and thought you hated me, before I read the rest
    PSN: ibrajoker59
    JMaster wrote: »

At first I read the Darth J line and thought you hated me, before I read the rest

I like that J J Abrams thinks he can recycle the iconic stuff from the original trilogy and call it a new movie, a lot of making up to do in TLJ.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member

No they aren't.

Nothing was left out of BF1 for launch. The rushed the game and couldn't make enough content (really messed up)

No they aren't.

Nothing was left out of BF1 for launch. The rushed the game and couldn't make enough content (really messed up)
    Yep, there was even supposed to be a campaign for Battlefront 2015. But they tried to release the game with The Force Awakens, so it was cut. But the Season Pass was definitely a bad decision on their part.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    edited August 2017

No they aren't.

Yep, there was even supposed to be a campaign for Battlefront 2015. But they tried to release the game with The Force Awakens, so it was cut. But the Season Pass was definitely a bad decision on their part.
    Well it worked for Battlefield so makes sense but I'm glad there getting rid of it for the next game.

• JMaster wrote: »

I think the in game polls would always be sent out by DICE. They could still look at online polls and discussions to gauge player interest for the polls they create, but creating them themselves would ensure that the options are always realistic and doable.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo