criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Darth Maul Must Block

Prev13456
This issue hasn't gone away. We haven't forgotten and this needs to be fixed.

Issue with no block:

Lightsaber duels will not be possible.

Fighting heroes will eliminate any skill or learning curve and lead to ability spam as the best way to fight instead of any tactical play.

Blocking blaster bolts should be a staple when it comes to any lightsaber wielder however the extent if their ability should be balanced.

Maul will be too vulnerable on open maps. Maul got away with it slightly on theed due to it being mainly close quarter engagements with choke points.

NO LIGHTSABER WIELDER WILL BE MADE OP BY BEING ABLE TO BLOCK.

Lightsaber users should be balanced around their ability to block.

Replies

• ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    NO LIGHTSABER WIELDER WILL BE MADE OP BY BEING ABLE TO BLOCK..

*Begins Having Flash-Backs To Luke In Star Wars BattleFront (2015)*
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • ROMG4 wrote: »

?
  • ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »

?

If I counted how many times I have been Force Rushed By Luke after he blocked making my shots and that of my Team-Member's Useless

It's not fun

And the idea of Maul being able to Block would be even worse than Luke

The problem is Maul wasn't designed to be like that he was designed to be a mad Berzerker character and had his speed increased dramatically to compensate for this. he is a character designed to flank and pop in a room devastate the Republic Forces and than dart out while your team wipes out the few survivors and than rinse and repeat

By having Darth Maul be able to block they would have to remove most of the stuff they brought in for him as with his Extreme Speed and tactic, he wouldn't have to retreat he would just be able to stand in the room and spam his abilities like normal but unlike Vader he would be given super speed the very same combination that makes Luke in the first game so annoying and Over-Powered
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Master_Cunha
    4550 posts Member
    edited August 2017

?

If I counted how many times I have been Force Rushed By Luke after he blocked making my shots and that of my Team-Member's Useless

It's not fun

The problem is Maul wasn't designed to be like that he was designed to be a mad Berzerker character and had his speed increased dramatically to compensate for this. he is a character designed to flank and pop in a room devastate the Republic Forces and than dart out while your team wipes out the few survivors and than rinse and repeat

By having Darth Maul be able to block they would have to remove most of the stuff they brought in for him as with his Extreme Speed and tactic, he wouldn't have to retreat he would just be able to stand in the room and spam his abilities like normal but unlike Vader he would be given super speed the very same combination that makes Luke in the first game so annoying and Over-Powered

You have to fight clever. Flank the hero shoot the from behind. Luke was very easy to take out, especially on open maps.

Now heroes are even easier to kill as the have little to no ohk abilities and their health is drastically lower.

Blocking ability would also be balanced by stamina, number of simultaneous deflections and accuracy.

If you gain distance between maul and your self you can kill him in one overheat.

?

It's not fun

Totally agree, Maul is fast and like a berserker, no need for block
  • Ozzyhun wrote: »

?

It's not fun

This will completely ruin lightsaber duels.
  • ROMG4
    2421 posts Member

?

It's not fun

You have to fight clever. Flank the hero shoot the from behind. Luke was very easy to take out, especially on open maps..

It is on open maps where he is the strongest

Luke gets a bad reputation because the game is dead and there are no real pros left. but when you find that Good Luke out of a hundred or so mediocre ones it is quite horrifying. I've seen Good Lukes just jumping around the entire map with their speed trait just running around and massacring the infantry while they spawn into the map in HVV and Hero Hunt Raider Camp before getting the HP and than curb stomping Vader or the rest of the Infantry in the case of Hero Hunt

Sure the Lukes you may have fought in recent memory may be easy to deal with but when you run into enough Lukes that know how to randomly jump and zig-zag all over the place making it impossible to hit them with good accuracy

Your opinion on giving Block to characters that can jump around the map and have AOE Instant Kills starts to change

I mean sure when you are fighting this one dumb Luke that keeps block crawling to this one Stormtrooper that has DL-18 with survivalist while you shoot him in the back with Tier 3 Berzerker EE3 on Cooling Cell he's pretty easy to beat

But when he's not played by a bad player
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • Completely agree, Maul should get a block. He's literally a punching bag & all he has are offensive abilities.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

?

It's not fun

Lightsaber duels in battlefront was never a thing, you never blocked each others lightsaber......you just hack and slash and hit as it was before in the old times
    Ozzyhun wrote: »

?

It's not fun

you never blocked each others lightsaber

Yeah I wouldn't be to sure about that.
    I battled extensively with my friends with Luke & Vader and I can assure you that you could indeed block lightsaber attacks as a force user in Dice's first battlefront game.
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    DeFaLt17 wrote: »

?

It's not fun

I battled extensively with my friends with Luke & Vader and I can assure you that you could indeed block lightsaber attacks as a force user in Dice's first battlefront game.

Run Defalt you are no match for him he's a Noob Lord
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • DeFaLt17 wrote: »

?

It's not fun

Yes you can block but its like a QTE, you need to trigger it or something triggers it.... OP thought its like blocking in For honor when you literally can block every attack, it wasnt like this in Battlefront 2015 and nor like in this one
  • DeFaLt17 wrote: »

?

It's not fun

You can indeed block in BF 2015 but its like a QTE or something triggers it... OP tought you can block lightsaber like in For Honor where you literally can block every attack, Bf 2015 wasnt like this and BF2 will not like this.

?

It's not fun

Don't worry, I know of his sort.
    Its kinda my specialty.

aakkhwbkosde.gif

?

It's not fun

You have to fight clever. Flank the hero shoot the from behind. Luke was very easy to take out, especially on open maps..

It is on open maps where he is the strongest

Luke gets a bad reputation because the game is dead and there are no real pros left. but when you find that Good Luke out of a hundred or so mediocre ones it is quite horrifying. I've seen Good Lukes just jumping around the entire map with their speed trait just running around and massacring the infantry while they spawn into the map in HVV and Hero Hunt Raider Camp before getting the HP and than curb stomping Vader or the rest of the Infantry in the case of Hero Hunt

Sure the Lukes you may have fought in recent memory may be easy to deal with but when you run into enough Lukes that know how to randomly jump and zig-zag all over the place making it impossible to hit them with good accuracy

Your opinion on giving Block to characters that can jump around the map and have AOE Instant Kills starts to change

I mean sure when you are fighting this one dumb Luke that keeps block crawling to this one Stormtrooper that has DL-18 with survivalist while you shoot him in the back with Tier 3 Berzerker EE3 on Cooling Cell he's pretty easy to beat

But when he's not played by a bad player

Heroes in the next game won't have aoe instant kill.

?

It's not fun

Lightsaber duels in battlefront was never a thing, you never blocked each others lightsaber......you just hack and slash and hit as it was before in the old times

Not true in the last game.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Sorry but doesn't look like we will be seeing any sort of legit Lightsaber duels. :(

Since that doesn't exist, I get that they did it for playstyle and am willing to forget the authenticity thing.
  • ROMG4
    2421 posts Member

?

It's not fun

Don't worry, I know of his sort.
    Its kinda my specialty.

10 Seconds Later

dooku-xlarge.jpg

Face Tank broyo
    Heroes in the next game won't have aoe instant kill.

Darth Maul's Force Lunge
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • Shinjuku
    1759 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    https://mobile.twitter.com/eastarwars/status/873634811075641344?lang=en-gb
    Completely agree, Maul should get a block. He's literally a punching bag & all he has are offensive abilities.
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member

?

It's not fun

I never thought that tactic was OP, Luke was/is a glass cannon, yeah he has awe OHK moves and blocking, but he has little health, a single soldier can flank him and take out all his HP in a matter of seconds.
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    It's not a huge deal to me either way, Darth mauls abilities are very powerful and help compensate. I was thinking, what if Darth mauls block time is just a lot shorter than others?
  • Danxoln wrote: »
    It's not a huge deal to me either way, Darth mauls abilities are very powerful and help compensate. I was thinking, what if Darth mauls block time is just a lot shorter than others?

Exactly. I don't want block time though, instead block stamina that is depleted by blocking shots rather than being in the block stance.
  • bfloo
    14546 posts Member
    Danxoln wrote: »

Exactly. I don't want block time though, instead block stamina that is depleted by blocking shots rather than being in the block stance.

That is how block should be for all Force users.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• kylenpain
    1305 posts Member
    we dont need maul to block sorry. not yet, until we get more saber users i dont need him to block. i do want saber combat to be better but i doubt they will improve it so im okay with maul not blocking.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Danxoln wrote: »

That is how block should be for all Force users.

Agreed.
  • kylenpain wrote: »
    we dont need maul to block sorry. not yet, until we get more saber users i dont need him to block. i do want saber combat to be better but i doubt they will improve it so im okay with maul not blocking.

We'll never get good saber combat unless he can block though.

It's also not just about saber combat. He should be able to block blasters and this can easily be balanced.
  • We haven't forgotten and this needs to be fixed.

You can't fix something that isn't broken and is within the design of the character
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
  • ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    We haven't forgotten and this needs to be fixed.

You can't fix something that isn't broken and is within the design of the character

This is true

Nothing we have really seen has shown Darth Maul to be broken in any sort of way it's his design
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • kylenpain
    1305 posts Member
    kylenpain wrote: »

We'll never get good saber combat unless he can block though.

It's also not just about saber combat. He should be able to block blasters and this can easily be balanced.

well let me know when hes able to block, i dont think theyre gonna change it.
  • kylenpain
    1305 posts Member

exactly. i still dont understand why people wants heroes to have all these extra features and abilities.
  • ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    I mean basically let's look at a example that uses something we all know about which is Bossk from the previous game

Say for example before the release of Bossk we saw a Gameplay video showing a New Player Bossk get easily shred by Royal Guards and with Normal Infantry easily jump-packing away from his Micro Nades and Toxic Gas

We would naturally assume him to be too weak right? when in actuality it's the opposite

We shouldn't judge a character to be weak based on a few minutes of footage from a few different players. especially when said footage never showed him to be super duper weak and quite consistently the Darth Maul players were in the Top 3 and often earned MVP status

I mean it generally takes a few hours of practice with something before you learn it adequately in a Video Game so I still say we should wait
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
    I mean basically let's look at a example that uses something we all know about which is Bossk from the previous game

Say for example before the release of Bossk we saw a Gameplay video showing a New Player Bossk get easily shred by Royal Guards and with Normal Infantry easily jump-packing away from his Micro Nades and Toxic Gas

We would naturally assume him to be too weak right? when in actuality it's the opposite

We shouldn't judge a character to be weak based on a few minutes of footage from a few different players. especially when said footage never showed him to be super duper weak and quite consistently the Darth Maul players were in the Top 3 and often earned MVP status

I mean it generally takes a few hours of practice with something before you learn it adequately in a Video Game so I still say we should wait

It's not about being to weak, necessarily.
  • kylenpain
    1305 posts Member
    the reason maul was takin so much damage is because most of the people playing as him dont play on pc so they were still getting used to the controls. not to mention it was prealpha.

A powerful force user not being able to defend at all against other force users or deflect blaster bolts is horribly broken.
    the reason maul was takin so much damage is because most of the people playing as him dont play on pc so they were still getting used to the controls. not to mention it was prealpha.

I'm not even talking about the gameplay we saw.
  • kylenpain
    1305 posts Member

A powerful force user not being able to defend at all against other force users or deflect blaster bolts is horribly broken.

its not, we havent even see maul against other heroes besides rey and han.
  • kylenpain
    1305 posts Member

are u talking about it being balanced?

are u talking about it being balanced?

Thematically and gameplay wise.
  • Yes, Maul is 100% an offensive hero, but should be able to block at least a few blaster shots or lightsaber hits.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

its not, we havent even see maul against other heroes besides rey and han.

We know he can't defend. That won't change vs any hero.
  • Yes, Maul is 100% an offensive hero, but should be able to block at least a few blaster shots or lightsaber hits.

• Shinjuku
    1759 posts Member

exactly. i still dont understand why people wants heroes to have all these extra features and abilities.

So having a block is an extra feature?? Please, he's a sith Lord and has been trained in the arts throughout childhood, but Rey that hasn't ever endured any training can block? Bottom line all saber heroes should be able to block, no ifs or buts.
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • Shinjuku wrote: »

So having a block is an extra feature?? Please, he's a sith Lord and has been trained in the arts throughout childhood, but Rey that hasn't ever endured any training can block? Bottom line all saber heroes should be able to block, no ifs or buts.

It is obvious they care about balance over being accurate... I am not sure why people are mad that DICE are trying to balance the game when all I ever read on here about the last game is about how unbalanced it was.

Make up your minds
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
  • kylenpain
    1305 posts Member
    Shinjuku wrote: »

yes. ur asking for him to be stronger when hes already strong. he looks like a better hero than rey even tho he cant block... they can regen so it doesnt matter, rey doesnt zip around and throw her lightsaber. maul can use his spin attack THREE times, i would say thats balanced. and u dont know if rey has had training.

all saber heroes should be able to block but i dont think maul should be able to.
  • kylenpain
    1305 posts Member

It is obvious they care about balance over being accurate... I am not sure why people are mad that DICE are trying to balance the game when all I ever read on here about the last game is about how unbalanced it was.

Make up your minds

thank u, i didnt know how to say it. if maul was able to block then he should only be able to use that spin attack once.

Make up your minds

Unbalanced is having no defence against other force users.

Being able to block a few bolts and saber attacks would not unbalance him.

Make up your minds

thank u, i didnt know how to say it. if maul was able to block then he should only be able to use that spin attack once.

I would have no issue with that but with just a little blocking ability this shouldn't be necessary.
  • kylenpain
    1305 posts Member

Make up your minds

Unbalanced is having no defence against other force users.

Being able to block a few bolts and saber attacks would not unbalance him.

not when he can just run away with the spin attack. dodging is defending
  • kylenpain
    1305 posts Member

Make up your minds

I would have no issue with that but with just a little blocking ability this shouldn't be necessary.

it sounds like u guys just wanna run around as the hero all game and not die. dont be afraid to be defeated and give another player a chance to play as the hero.