criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Darth Maul Must Block

Replies

• We haven't forgotten and this needs to be fixed.

You can't fix something that isn't broken and is within the design of the character

A powerful force user not being able to defend at all against other force users or deflect blaster bolts is horribly broken.

It is obvious they care about balance over being accurate... I am not sure why people are mad that DICE are trying to balance the game when all I ever read on here about the last game is about how unbalanced it was.

Make up your minds

Unbalanced is having no defence against other force users.

Being able to block a few bolts and saber attacks would not unbalance him.

Got a lot of play time with all the heroes on all the maps?

I do... and can tell you he is balanced
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.

You can't fix something that isn't broken and is within the design of the character

A powerful force user not being able to defend at all against other force users or deflect blaster bolts is horribly broken.

It is obvious they care about balance over being accurate... I am not sure why people are mad that DICE are trying to balance the game when all I ever read on here about the last game is about how unbalanced it was.

Make up your minds

You think he is currently unbalanced?

• kylenpain
    1305 posts Member
    this isnt a lightsaber combat game... it isnt about the heroes and villains, not everything will be accurate but it will be balanced. if u want a lightsaber combat game wait for respawns star wars game being released sometime after 2019.

Make up your minds

I think if anything, he is too strong and could be nerfed a bit.
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
  • Shinjuku
    1758 posts Member
    kylenpain wrote: »
    Shinjuku wrote: »
    We haven't forgotten and this needs to be fixed.

exactly. i still dont understand why people wants heroes to have all these extra features and abilities.

So having a block is an extra feature?? Please, he's a sith Lord and has been trained in the arts throughout childhood, but Rey that hasn't ever endured any training can block? Bottom line all saber heroes should be able to block, no ifs or buts.

yes. ur asking for him to be stronger when hes already strong. he looks like a better hero than rey even tho he cant block... they can regen so it doesnt matter, rey doesnt zip around and throw her lightsaber. maul can use his spin attack THREE times, i would say thats balanced. and u dont know if rey has had training.

all saber heroes should be able to block but i dont think maul should be able to.

Stronger? It's a universal ability for all light saber wielders, without Darth Maul being able to block he's going to get chewed up and spat out by other saber characters, Han Solo's rapid fire is going to have a field day with him. It doesn't matter if he can use his spin attack 3 times, he's still going to take on damage and die, it's not as effective as having a simple block. It's probably alright for you because you won't play the character. Also Rey hasn't trained.
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • kylenpain
    1305 posts Member

Make up your minds

+1

Make up your minds

Okay. Fair enough but your talking about vs infantry.

In that case I still think a block is needed. Reduce the number of spins by 2 and add a small block that allows maul to block 3 bolts at a time. His blocking stamina could also last for about 15 bolts.

Make up your minds

Fair enough. Although this is vs infantry.

Maul could lose 2 blocks and gain a block that can deflect a few bolts at a time. His block stamina could also run out after about 15 bolts.
  • kylenpain
    1305 posts Member

exactly. i still dont understand why people wants heroes to have all these extra features and abilities.

So having a block is an extra feature?? Please, he's a sith Lord and has been trained in the arts throughout childhood, but Rey that hasn't ever endured any training can block? Bottom line all saber heroes should be able to block, no ifs or buts.

yes. ur asking for him to be stronger when hes already strong. he looks like a better hero than rey even tho he cant block... they can regen so it doesnt matter, rey doesnt zip around and throw her lightsaber. maul can use his spin attack THREE times, i would say thats balanced. and u dont know if rey has had training.

all saber heroes should be able to block but i dont think maul should be able to.

Stronger? It's a universal ability for all light saber wielders, without Darth Maul being able to block he's going to get chewed up and spat out by other saber characters, Han Solo's rapid fire is going to have a field day with him. It doesn't matter if he can use his spin attack 3 times, he's still going to take on damage and die, it's not as effective as having a simple block. It's probably alright for you because you won't play the character. Also Rey hasn't trained.

ill play with everyone but mostly infantry. no duh most saber users do block but its a game and its more about balance not accuracy. and no he wont be defeated by other saber users that easy bc hes mostly offense and can kill easily! u dont know if all saber heroes will be able to block so maul might not be the only one. hans rapid fire kills everyone, like when he gets vader from behind... blocking might not save u. if he has a spin attack that he can use three times he can just run away. stop talking like if u die u wont be able to come back ever again lol.
  • kylenpain wrote: »

ill play with everyone but mostly infantry. no duh most saber users do block but its a game and its more about balance not accuracy. and no he wont be defeated by other saber users that easy bc hes mostly offense! u dont know if all saber heroes will be able to block so maul might not be the only one. and hans rapid fire kills everyone, even if he gets vader from behind so blocking might not save u. if he has a spin attack that he can use three times he can just run away. stop talking like if u die u wont be able to come back ever again lol.

The devs said all other lightsaber users could block during ea play.

this isnt a lightsaber combat game... it isnt about the heroes and villains, not everything will be accurate but it will be balanced. if u want a lightsaber combat game wait for respawns star wars game being released sometime after 2019.

That doesn't mean the lightsaber gameplay should be awful.
  • Possible solution for Maul: Give him the block ability for blasterbolts and other force users, and let his spinattack be usable every 15 seconds instead being able to use it 3 times, similar like Luke's saber rush in Battlefront 2015.
  • kylenpain
    1305 posts Member

ill play with everyone but mostly infantry. no duh most saber users do block but its a game and its more about balance not accuracy. and no he wont be defeated by other saber users that easy bc hes mostly offense! u dont know if all saber heroes will be able to block so maul might not be the only one. and hans rapid fire kills everyone, even if he gets vader from behind so blocking might not save u. if he has a spin attack that he can use three times he can just run away. stop talking like if u die u wont be able to come back ever again lol.

The devs said all other lightsaber users could block during wa play.

i dont remember that and the only other saber heroes we know of are yoda, rey, luke, vader and kylo. any new ones might not be able to.

Make up your minds

Ah. Misread your previous p
    Edalin007 wrote: »
    Possible solution for Maul: Give him the block ability for blasterbolts and other force users, and let his spinattack be usable every 15 seconds instead being able to use it 3 times, similar like Luke's saber rush in Battlefront 2015.

I'd like this.
  • kylenpain
    1305 posts Member

so bc one hero cant block saber combat is going to be awful? u know how hard it is to make solid saber combat animations with a double bladed saber? i dont think its very easy, they probably improved it for the single blades only
  • Alex64
    5796 posts Member
    "He must block bc he's a force user" that argument isn't valid.

It's all about game-mechanics and balance.
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    "He must block bc he's a force user" that argument isn't valid.

It's all about game-mechanics and balance.

He can easily be balanced and still block.

so bc one hero cant block saber combat is going to be awful? u know how hard it is to make solid saber combat animations with a double bladed saber? i dont think its very easy, they probably improved it for the single blades only

What are you talking about?.
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    NO LIGHTSABER WIELDER WILL BE MADE OP BY BEING ABLE TO BLOCK..

*Begins Having Flash-Backs To Luke In Star Wars BattleFront (2015)*

?

If I counted how many times I have been Force Rushed By Luke after he blocked making my shots and that of my Team-Member's Useless

It's not fun

And the idea of Maul being able to Block would be even worse than Luke

The problem is Maul wasn't designed to be like that he was designed to be a mad Berzerker character and had his speed increased dramatically to compensate for this. he is a character designed to flank and pop in a room devastate the Republic Forces and than dart out while your team wipes out the few survivors and than rinse and repeat

By having Darth Maul be able to block they would have to remove most of the stuff they brought in for him as with his Extreme Speed and tactic, he wouldn't have to retreat he would just be able to stand in the room and spam his abilities like normal but unlike Vader he would be given super speed the very same combination that makes Luke in the first game so annoying and Over-Powered

You have to fight clever. Flank the hero shoot the from behind. Luke was very easy to take out, especially on open maps.

Now heroes are even easier to kill as the have little to no ohk abilities and their health is drastically lower.

Blocking ability would also be balanced by stamina, number of simultaneous deflections and accuracy.

If you gain distance between maul and your self you can kill him in one overheat.

Shoot from behind and have them turn around and saber rush you? Yeah that works great, considering he can just get the health back with a bacta.
    PSN - themancharlie25
    Phase II is the best! #CommanderFoxDidTheRightThing
    This sector is clear. NOT CLEAR. NOT CLEAR.

• How many times is a thread like "OH MER GERD! MAUL NEEDS A BLOCK! THIS IS VITAL TO HUMANITY!". Seriously, it's getting annoying.
    PSN - themancharlie25
    Phase II is the best! #CommanderFoxDidTheRightThing
    This sector is clear. NOT CLEAR. NOT CLEAR.

• kylenpain
    1305 posts Member

What are you talking about?.

see u dont even understand
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member

And he can easily be balanced without block, which is the direction they are taking and one which you must trust and accept. The game can stand to have a little asymmetry. Please stop beating the dead horse.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Ozzyhun
    97 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    You guys just don't want to understand.... also Dennis said they tried to make Maul to block, but blocking slowing him down, i mean obviusly when you blocked in the first game you walked so slow even you stopped.

The idea of Maul is not this and i can understand it. They made him fast and agile, like a berserker, blocking would just broke the dynamic of the character. Maul is **** OP and no need for blocking, because instead of blocking the blaster fire you just jump and get to the enemy as fast as you can, its stupid to slow him down.

Heroes can die easy in sw bf2, if you start blocking in the middle of the street and 600 trooper shoots at you you can shove blocking up your *****. Instead you run, run and hit and kill with speed.
  • kylenpain
    1305 posts Member
    How many times is a thread like "OH MER GERD! MAUL NEEDS A BLOCK! THIS IS VITAL TO HUMANITY!". Seriously, it's getting annoying.

+1
  • Alex64
    5796 posts Member
    How many times is a thread like "OH MER GERD! MAUL NEEDS A BLOCK! THIS IS VITAL TO HUMANITY!". Seriously, it's getting annoying.

This
  • Blazur wrote: »

And he can easily be balanced without block, which is the direction they are taking and one which you must trust and accept. The game can stand to have a little asymmetry. Please stop beating the dead horse.

So why not just give him a block? It would appease a lot of fans and improve gameplay and his character representation.
  • Ozzyhun wrote: »
    You guys just don't want to understand.... also Dennis said they tried to make Maul to block, but blocking slowing him down, i mean obviusly when you blocked in the first game you walked so slow even you stopped.

The idea of Maul is not this and i can understand it. They made him fast and agile, like a berserker, blocking would just broke the dynamic of the character. Maul is **** OP and no need for blocking, because instead of blocking the blaster fire you just jump and get to the enemy as fast as you can, its **** to slow him down.

Heroes can die easy in sw bf2, if you start blocking in the middle of the street and 600 trooper shoots at you you can shove blocking up your *****. Instead you run, run and hit and kill with speed.

A small block ability would not slow him down or make him overpowered.
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    So why not just give him a block? It would appease a lot of fans and improve gameplay and his character representation.

Why? Because they decided not to...simple.
    /thread
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    It's really boring to be Dengar In BattleFront and you can't do a thing to Luke, except rush right next to him with your abilities and than get curbstomped because all your stuff is deflected and because you are now close to him

I'm quite happy with a Light-Saber user not being able to block
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • We can wait for the beta to see how it works
    DeFaLt17 wrote: »
    Ozzyhun wrote: »
    Ozzyhun wrote: »
    NO LIGHTSABER WIELDER WILL BE MADE OP BY BEING ABLE TO BLOCK..

*Begins Having Flash-Backs To Luke In Star Wars BattleFront (2015)*

?

If I counted how many times I have been Force Rushed By Luke after he blocked making my shots and that of my Team-Member's Useless

It's not fun

And the idea of Maul being able to Block would be even worse than Luke

The problem is Maul wasn't designed to be like that he was designed to be a mad Berzerker character and had his speed increased dramatically to compensate for this. he is a character designed to flank and pop in a room devastate the Republic Forces and than dart out while your team wipes out the few survivors and than rinse and repeat

By having Darth Maul be able to block they would have to remove most of the stuff they brought in for him as with his Extreme Speed and tactic, he wouldn't have to retreat he would just be able to stand in the room and spam his abilities like normal but unlike Vader he would be given super speed the very same combination that makes Luke in the first game so annoying and Over-Powered

Totally agree, Maul is fast and like a berserker, no need for block

This will completely ruin lightsaber duels.

you never blocked each others lightsaber

Yeah I wouldn't be to sure about that.
    I battled extensively with my friends with Luke & Vader and I can assure you that you could indeed block lightsaber attacks as a force user in Dice's first battlefront game.

Run Defalt you are no match for him he's a Noob Lord

Don't worry, I know of his sort.
    Its kinda my specialty.

10 Seconds Later

dooku-xlarge.jpg

Face Tank broyo
    Heroes in the next game won't have aoe instant kill.

Darth Maul's Force Lunge

Sad but true.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Blazur wrote: »

Why? Because they decided not to...simple.
    /thread

That night be what they decided but I disagree with the decision and hope they change it.
    It's really boring to be Dengar In BattleFront and you can't do a thing to Luke, except rush right next to him with your abilities and than get curbstomped because all your stuff is deflected and because you are now close to him

I'm quite happy with a Light-Saber user not being able to block

Dengar was good against Luke, but they nerfed his hurricane strike (Not talking about the insta kill) so he's not as great anymore.
    Killed luke everytime before they patches. Fun times.
    Also what does Dengar have to do with maul?
    They have entirely different play styles & both differ way to much in regard to how the game plays.
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Shinjuku
    1758 posts Member
    edited August 2017

"ZOMGAWT MALL IZ TEWW OP LYK HE SHDNT B ABLE 2 LYK BLAWK HE BE LYK A GAWD"

Let's take Luke Skywalker's block away because he's a speed demon, let's not forget about Darth Vader because he's a tank so he won't be needing his block either. Hey, you may as well take away Han Solo's DL-44 while you're at it.
    MLtmeEi.png
  • Shinjuku wrote: »

"ZOMGAWT MALL IZ TEWW OP LYK HE SHDNT B ABLE 2 LYK BLAWK HE BE LYK A GAWD"

Let's take Luke Skywalker's block because he's a speed demon, let's not forget about Darth Vader because he's a tank so he won't be needing his block either. Hey you may as well take away Han Solo's DL-44 while you're at it.

Good analogy.
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Just let Maul block against other sabers. It'll just be a bunch of button mashing if he can't
  • Jrob122 wrote: »
    Just let Maul block against other sabers. It'll just be a bunch of button mashing then

An excellent compromise.

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• DeFaLt17 wrote: »
    Jrob122 wrote: »
    Just let Maul block against other sabers. It'll just be a bunch of button mashing then

An excellent compromise.

Still think he should get a fairly minimal block vs blasters. Don't know how this can be sooo offensive to some.
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member

An excellent compromise.

Still think he should get a fairly minimal block vs blasters. Don't know how this can be sooo offensive to some.

I'd be fine with him blocking against blaster fire, but too many people will get triggered. You have to tread lightly around some of these people lol

An excellent compromise.

How about this:
    He can have a passive star card that gives him an X (meaning 20 or 50 %) percent chance to deflect incoming blaster fire any which way. Meaning he will not block laser bolts directly at his target but in an entirely unrelated direction. He can remain on the move whilst doing so, just to retain the hit & run playstyle the developers want for him.

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Shinjuku
    1758 posts Member

An excellent compromise.

Don't worry, it's not. I've realised most of them just hop on the bandwagon for the sake of it. I've seen countless people on Twitter, YouTube comment section and on Reddit not liking the fact that Darth Maul can't block plus not to mention they want a block given to him. A 3-4 second block should do the trick, if you do think about it, 3-4 seconds is such a minuscule time frame so it wouldn't even stop him from his so called "beserker" playstyle.
    MLtmeEi.png
  • I don't want lightsaber duels to be bad again, make lightsaber duels fun again, that starts with giving each of them a block
    RIP Sig Gifs, It would be nice to have coruscant, and big offline content modes, and these heroes at launch:
    Prequel era : yoda, obi wan, Anakin, padme, maul, jango, dooku, grievous,
    Original era: Luke, leia, Han, chewy, Vader, palps, boba, bossk
    New era: Rey, kylo

An excellent compromise.

Don't worry, it's not. I've realised most of them just hop on the bandwagon for the sake of it. I've seen countless people on Twitter, YouTube comment section and on Reddit not liking the fact that Darth Maul can't block plus not to mention they want a block given to him. A 3-4 second block should do the trick, if you do think about it, 3-4 seconds is such a minuscule time frame so it wouldn't even stop him from his so called "beserker" playstyle.

They should make it 2 seconds and have him do a jog while blocking.

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Shinjuku
    1758 posts Member
    SandyAni wrote: »
    I don't want lightsaber duels to be bad again, make lightsaber duels fun again, that starts with giving each of them a block

PREACH, I just think people are shook of Darth Maul or just flat out not interested in playing the character or they want a easy win if they stumble across him.
    MLtmeEi.png
  • Yeah as many other people have said I don't want to be swinging my lightsaber with Vader while Luke is literally bouncing from side to side while I'm trying to fix the screen so I can see him, sometimes he would jump right through me lol
    RIP Sig Gifs, It would be nice to have coruscant, and big offline content modes, and these heroes at launch:
    Prequel era : yoda, obi wan, Anakin, padme, maul, jango, dooku, grievous,
    Original era: Luke, leia, Han, chewy, Vader, palps, boba, bossk
    New era: Rey, kylo
  • Shinjuku
    1758 posts Member
    edited August 2017

An excellent compromise.

That sounds good enough to me, 3 seconds max would be perfect with a slower jog IMO also how long did Luke's block last for before they increased it after launch? 4 seconds wasn't it?
    MLtmeEi.png
  • Shinjuku
    1758 posts Member
    SandyAni wrote: »
    Yeah as many other people have said I don't want to be swinging my lightsaber with Vader while Luke is literally bouncing from side to side while I'm trying to fix the screen so I can see him, sometimes he would jump right through me lol

I totally know what you mean! That man knows no limits or boundaries, I usually just go for Palpatine to counter Luke. I use chain lightning then the squad usually finishes him off :sunglasses:
    MLtmeEi.png

An excellent compromise.

How about this:
    He can have a passive star card that gives him an X (meaning 20 or 50 %) percent chance to deflect incoming blaster fire any which way. Meaning he will not block laser bolts directly at his target but in an entirely unrelated direction. He can remain on the move whilst doing so, just to retain the hit & run playstyle the developers want for him.

Nah. Just give him a relatively weak block. If enough blaster fire is aimed his way the block will be broken.

An excellent compromise.

That sounds good enough to me, 3 seconds max would be perfect with a slower jog IMO also how long did Luke's block last for before they increased it after launch? 4 seconds wasn't it?

I think the block should have a set number of bolts it can block instead of a time limit, so in sense the enemy would be overwhelming your defences.

I think about 15 shots, maybe 10.
  • Holy, this thread blew up in one day. :D
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif