criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Darth Maul Must Block

Replies

• ROMG4 wrote: »
    After replaying the first BattleFront again for the past three weeks I can definitely say I reaffirm my thoughts that Darth Maul should not have a block

If a character is designed around a certain aspect such as Speed than the character should suffer some checks and balances by not having something

The main reason for why Luke was so broken was that he had super speed and a block

Luke was not broken. Luke was also far more powerful because he had much higher health and all his abilities were one hit kills whereas none of maul's are. Mauls block can be balanced by having low stamina, accuracy and effectiveness.

Instead of not having an ability that all lightsaber wielders should have, the ability should be limited and balanced.
  • Let it go. It's not changing. They've tried making it work, it didn't work. Get over it
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • Lonnisity wrote: »
    Let it go. It's not changing. They've tried making it work, it didn't work. Get over it

I really dislike this point of view.
    Let it go. It's not changing. They've tried making it work, it didn't work. Get over it

Great. That doesn't make it any less true. They have literally said they tried giving him a block and it disrupted gameplay too much. Whining isn't going to change anything. If this is really this big of a deal then maybe you should just find another game.

You won't though. See you on the Battlefront.
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • Shinjuku
    1758 posts Member
    Lonnisity wrote: »

Great. That doesn't make it any less true. They have literally said they tried giving him a block and it disrupted gameplay too much. Whining isn't going to change anything. If this is really this big of a deal then maybe you should just find another game.

Link it to me where they said they tried giving him a block, I'd like to see it. I can't take their word serious anyway they probably didn't even try hard enough.
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    Shinjuku wrote: »

Link it to me where they said they tried giving him a block, I'd like to see it. I can't take their word serious anyway they probably didn't even try hard enough.
    Normally I would write a long post explaining why that's incredibly stupid to say but

I don't want to
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • bfloo
    14428 posts Member

I don't feel like searching for it, but around the reveal the hero dev said Maul was op with a block.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

I do not recall the devs saying it would disrupt gameplay, that is a nonsensical statement.

Giving feedback and making requests or 'whining' as you call it is the sole purpose of this forum.

Playing another game does not solve the issue that I want a flawless, authentic Star Wars shooter that allows me to play massive battles.

Lol they said it disrupted gameplay? All force users should be able to block blaster fire. Sounds like people were whining about maul being too op, well he's supposed to be op all force users are, and your still listening to what dice has to say? Lol they can't even make up new abilities, a vertical throw instead of horizontal? Don't defend these jokers
  • Shinjuku
    1758 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »

Normally I would write a long post explaining why that's incredibly **** to say but

I don't want to

¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯
    MLtmeEi.png
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    Lol they said it disrupted gameplay? All force users should be able to block blaster fire. Sounds like people were whining about maul being too op, well he's supposed to be op all force users are, and your still listening to what dice has to say? Lol they can't even make up new abilities, a vertical throw instead of horizontal? Don't defend these jokers

Yes, he's right...they did indeed make the claim he was too OP with a block. And several game changers who have played the game are corroborating that. I suggest you try the game completely before making a judgement call on what is needed and what isn't, and trust that DICE knows what they're doing.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Blazur wrote: »

Yes, he's right...they did indeed make the claim he was too OP with a block. And several game changers who have played the game are corroborating that. I suggest you try the game completely before making a judgement call on what is needed and what isn't, and trust that DICE knows what they're doing.

Um not gonna listen to dice idk why you would but ok, and like I said before he's supposed to be op he's darth maul and if that's the case then even him out, force users can be both defensive and offensive it depends on how you play don't force people into gaming styles just because you don't know how to balance characters correctly
  • You can argue with me all day it won't make the game any better
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    You can argue with me all day it won't make the game any better

Then I suppose you won't be getting the game then, eh? I'll trust DICE's ability to balance characters over some random stoner fan.
    Post edited by Blazur on

Then I suppose you won't be getting the game then, eh, stoner?

Im waiting to see exactly what's in the game at launch, if it's not enough for me then I'll wait till it is. I'll get plenty of playing time though don't worry. And grow up kid calling me a stoner ain't gonna help your argument it just makes you seem immature, you obviously don't care if the games good or not because your parents will buy you whatever you want

Then I suppose you won't be getting the game then, eh? I'll trust DICE's ability to balance characters over some random stoner fan.

That's a mildly inappropriate extrapolation of character based on a computer game disagreement.

I'll trust DICE's ability to balance characters over some random stoner fan.

That was uncalled for.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• DeFaLt17 wrote: »
    Blazur wrote: »

That was uncalled for.
    A lot of things he says is uncalled for.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif

That was uncalled for.
    A lot of things he says is uncalled for.

He's really stretching it this time.
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    DeFaLt17 wrote: »

Oh please, as if the 420 in his name was arbitrary. Google it if you don't know.

Oh please, as if the 420 in his name was arbitrary. Google it if you don't know.

Well you didn't have to be so rude to him.

aakkhwbkosde.gif

Lol you edited it, I didn't know we could do that but it's ok I won't need to, go ahead and call it well balanced but when you get in a duel with maul and can't defend yourself don't say we told you so, and how are you gonna hurt anyone's feelings by changing up what you say that's not how you burn someone kid, stay in school

Hahahahaha google it he says, spare me

Please be rude I'm not here to agree with anyone who thinks maul would be too op with a block
  • oh I can't wait for the game to release or at least Beta.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    oh I can't wait for the game to release or at least Beta.

Me neither!

(Adding some positive thoughts to this thread.)

Fair point
  • Shinjuku
    1758 posts Member
    That's primarily one of the issues I have with it too, not to also mention trusting the devs on balancing, the current Battlefront speaks volumes of how broken some characters are, we have Lando still being able to smite people, Luke with a busted OP Force Push that you can't block that deals a lot of damage, Boba Fett's wrist rocket doesn't stun Luke anymore to help him gain leverage, Krennic after they unnecessarily nerfed his Armor Breaker that can't kill Bacta users along with his useless buff & trait + horrendous cool downs on all abilities and lastly Chewbacca that chews through anything that he touches.

Please be rude I'm not here to agree with anyone who thinks maul would be too op with a block

Ignore him, he's reaching so hard to try and get a reaction out of you
    MLtmeEi.png
  • Shinjuku wrote: »
    That's primarily one of the issues I have with it too, not to also mention trusting the devs on balancing, the current Battlefront speaks volumes of how broken some characters are, we have Lando still being able to smite people, Luke with a busted OP Force Push that you can't block that deals a lot of damage, Boba Fett's wrist rocket doesn't stun Luke anymore to help him gain leverage, Krennic after they unnecessarily nerfed his Armor Breaker that can't kill Bacta users along with his useless buff & trait + horrendous cool downs on all abilities and lastly Chewbacca that chews through anything that he touches.

Ignore him, he's reaching so hard to try and get a reaction out of you

Lol it takes like one comment atleast you agree with me I don't trust them on balance either that was pretty much what the argument was
  • I'd rather maul have a block and be op, he was op in real life
    RIP Sig Gifs, It would be nice to have coruscant, and big offline content modes, and these heroes at launch:
    Prequel era : yoda, obi wan, Anakin, padme, maul, jango, dooku, grievous,
    Original era: Luke, leia, Han, chewy, Vader, palps, boba, bossk
    New era: Rey, kylo
  • SandyAni wrote: »
    I'd rather maul have a block and be op, he was op in real life

Well in the movie but yes he was very op and Luke and Vader were very op in BF1 i was unstoppable till i went up against another hero
  • Alex64
    5797 posts Member
    SandyAni wrote: »

Real life?
  • Alex64 wrote: »

Real life?

Givem a break he's probly younger
  • When you return to the forums, and people are having the same discussion, with the same points, and the same name calling, and the same Dev has to comment again...

Jesus, even I'm bored of this. Wait till Beta. While I firmly believe he should have a weak, inaccurate block (that allows him to still move fast) and have his offense slightly nerfed, let's just wait till the Beta. Then everyone can voice their opinions accurately.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Alex64
    5797 posts Member
    When you return to the forums, and people are having the same discussion, with the same points, and the same name calling, and the same Dev has to comment again...

Jesus, even I'm bored of this. Wait till Beta. While I firmly believe he should have a weak, inaccurate block (that allows him to still move fast) and have his offense slightly nerfed, let's just wait till the Beta. Then everyone can voice their opinions accurately.

The horse is dead, but they still angry
  • Alex64 wrote: »

Real life?

Someone finally caught on :lol:
    RIP Sig Gifs, It would be nice to have coruscant, and big offline content modes, and these heroes at launch:
    Prequel era : yoda, obi wan, Anakin, padme, maul, jango, dooku, grievous,
    Original era: Luke, leia, Han, chewy, Vader, palps, boba, bossk
    New era: Rey, kylo
  • WarfareKiller41
    6392 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    We'll see until the beta, none of us have even played the game and tried Maul ourselves.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • JMaster
    2117 posts Member
    Well, hey... at least he gets a ship!
    https://twitter.com/EAStarWars
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
    We'll see until the beta, none of us have even played the game and tried Maul ourselves.

Eh that's true, honestly mauls block is the least of my worries with this game. Atleast he's in the game

Eh that's true, honestly mauls block is the least of my worries with this game. Atleast he's in the game
    I want to see how they'll handle Grievous.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    Yes, and than everyone dies

Your Padme would be wrecked in three seconds
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1

They'd probably take away his block too on the basis of hes too OP.
    MLtmeEi.png
  • WarfareKiller41
    6392 posts Member
    edited August 2017

I think he should block, but not deflect. He should spin his 4 lightsabers to block the blaster bolts, but they go everywhere. And I'm curious to see how Kylo will be handled as well, he looks like one of the more unique heroes in the game.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif

There's a lot of cool stuff they could do withem. I wanna see em spinning his two top lightsabers on the battlefield

I think he should block, but not deflect. He should spin his 4 lightsabers to block the blaster bolts, but they go everywhere.

Of course and I agree, but brace yourself in case if they take away a key fundamental part from him that the rest of the saber characters all have like Darth Maul's block.
    MLtmeEi.png

I think he should block, but not deflect. He should spin his 4 lightsabers to block the blaster bolts, but they go everywhere.

Of course and I agree, but brace yourself in case if they take away a key fundamental part from him that the rest of the saber characters all have like Darth Maul's block.
    I'm just hoping that we see him no matter what, in Frostbite engine!!
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    Yes, and than everyone dies

Your Padme would be wrecked in three seconds

Padme will get picked last every time why even put her in if they're gonna leave out more wanted characters

I think he should block, but not deflect. He should spin his 4 lightsabers to block the blaster bolts, but they go everywhere. And I'm curious to see how Kylo will be handled as well, he looks like one of the more unique heroes in the game.

I hope Kylo can just freeze blaster bolts in mid air
    #infantrylivesmatter

I'm just hoping that we see him no matter what, in Frostbite engine!!

Which version of Grievous do you hope to see that they make him like? ROTS or the Star Wars Clone Wars cartoon version etc
    MLtmeEi.png
  • rollind24 wrote: »

I hope Kylo can just freeze blaster bolts in mid air
    That would be epic to see, he would probably have a mix of Luke's agility and Vader's strength.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif