criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Darth Maul Must Block

12346Next

Replies

• Shinjuku wrote: »
    Shinjuku wrote: »
    SandyAni wrote: »
    I'd rather maul have a block and be op, he was op in real life
    We'll see until the beta, none of us have even played the game and tried Maul ourselves.

Eh that's true, honestly mauls block is the least of my worries with this game. Atleast he's in the game
    I want to see how they'll handle Grievous.

They'd probably take away his block too on the basis of hes too OP.
    I think he should block, but not deflect. He should spin his 4 lightsabers to block the blaster bolts, but they go everywhere.

Of course and I agree, but brace yourself in case if they take away a key fundamental part from him that the rest of the saber characters all have like Darth Maul's block.
    I'm just hoping that we see him no matter what, in Frostbite engine!!

Which version of Grievous do you hope to see that they make him like? ROTS or the Star Wars Clone Wars cartoon version etc

May see something completely or slightly different from both
    We'll see until the beta, none of us have even played the game and tried Maul ourselves.

Eh that's true, honestly mauls block is the least of my worries with this game. Atleast he's in the game

I think he should block, but not deflect. He should spin his 4 lightsabers to block the blaster bolts, but they go everywhere.

Of course and I agree, but brace yourself in case if they take away a key fundamental part from him that the rest of the saber characters all have like Darth Maul's block.

Which version of Grievous do you hope to see that they make him like? ROTS or the Star Wars Clone Wars cartoon version etc
    I loved his appearance better in RotS, but they are still the same person after all.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • rollind24
    5176 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    rollind24 wrote: »

I think he should block, but not deflect. He should spin his 4 lightsabers to block the blaster bolts, but they go everywhere. And I'm curious to see how Kylo will be handled as well, he looks like one of the more unique heroes in the game.

I hope Kylo can just freeze blaster bolts in mid air
    That would be epic to see, he would probably have a mix of Luke's agility and Vader's strength.

He did it his first scene in TFA so I'd take that over a light saber block. Imagine the epic ness of charging along with Kylo and he just stops the blaster bolts as a group charges on to an objective.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    Yes, and than everyone dies

Your Padme would be wrecked in three seconds

She'd find a way!
    RIP Sig Gifs, It would be nice to have coruscant, and big offline content modes, and these heroes at launch:
    Prequel era : yoda, obi wan, Anakin, padme, maul, jango, dooku, grievous,
    Original era: Luke, leia, Han, chewy, Vader, palps, boba, bossk
    New era: Rey, kylo
  • ROMG4 wrote: »

Padme will get picked last every time why even put her in if they're gonna leave out more wanted characters

Padme is wanted
    RIP Sig Gifs, It would be nice to have coruscant, and big offline content modes, and these heroes at launch:
  • SandyAni wrote: »
    ROMG4 wrote: »

Padme will get picked last every time why even put her in if they're gonna leave out more wanted characters

Padme is wanted

Gaurenteed last pick I tested it with leia I assume padme will have similar results

Padme is wanted

Gaurenteed last pick I tested it with leia I assume padme will have similar results

She is a main character
  • She needs some force choking
  • Alex64
    5796 posts Member
    Sabé, she's better.
  • JMaster
    2114 posts Member
    edited August 2017

She'd find a way!
    Not unless she loses the will to live again ; ). He, come to think of it, that would be a HILARIOUS way to keep someone from getting the distinction of killing you. Darth Maul comes in, takes Padme down to the tens, and before you can press attack one last time, her death animation appears, and the the score feed reads
    [Padme killed by: LOST THE WILL TO LIVE]
    XD
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • If they have a light saber you should be able to use it as it's designed, blocking is surely necessary

Padme is wanted

She is a main character

She's still gonna get picked last like leia
  • If they have a light saber you should be able to use it as it's designed, blocking is surely necessary

The whiners at EA said it was too op, so now you have to be an offensive player when being maul, it's still gonna be fun to play as him though
  • Blazur wrote: »
    In the phantom menace did we see maul dodging and rolling around obi wan and qui gon's blows? No. We saw him blocking.

Why do people insist on using these arguments to justify game balance? Did any of the Star Wars movies reveal the shadow trooper, thermal imploder, bacta grenade, jump pack, or sonic imploder? No. Did Leia ever drop a squad shield? No. Did Krennic ever deploy a personal droid? No.

Does using the movies as a basis of your argument for what should be in the game make you look ridiculous? Yes.

1. Maul can still be balanced with a minimal blocking ability.

2. Everything in he game is built and based around canon media and must be plausible in universe for this to be an enjoyable, authentic experience.

3.Krennic's personal droid is canon. Star Wars is more than the films.

4. If something cannot be justified by Star Wars canon it should not be in the game. If you do not believe this, why are you interested in a Star Wars game? By your logic we can have WW2 tanks. By saying Star Wars media should not be the basis for what is in the game makes you look ridiculous.
  • EmperorKelos
    175 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    My opinions.
    giphy.gif
    "rollind24 wrote: »
    "I hope Kylo can just freeze blaster bolts in mid air.
    giphy.gif
    Maul can still be balanced with a minimal blocking ability.
    giphy.gif
    "Army or not. You must realize, you are doomed." ~General Grievous
    giphy.gif
  • Blazur wrote: »
    In the phantom menace did we see maul dodging and rolling around obi wan and qui gon's blows? No. We saw him blocking.

Why do people insist on using these arguments to justify game balance? Did any of the Star Wars movies reveal the shadow trooper, thermal imploder, bacta grenade, jump pack, or sonic imploder? No. Did Leia ever drop a squad shield? No. Did Krennic ever deploy a personal droid? No.

Does using the movies as a basis of your argument for what should be in the game make you look ridiculous? Yes.

1. Maul can still be balanced with a minimal blocking ability.

2. Everything in he game is built and based around canon media and must be plausible in universe for this to be an enjoyable, authentic experience.

3.Krennic's personal droid is canon. Star Wars is more than the films.

4. If something cannot be justified by Star Wars canon it should not be in the game. If you do not believe this, why are you interested in a Star Wars game? By your logic we can have WW2 tanks. By saying Star Wars media should not be the basis for what is in the game makes you look ridiculous.

The thing is, at the end of the day, it's their game. We don't have to buy it. I want him to block too, but there's always going to be some weak excuse to "him being OP". And, mark my words, when the Beta comes, and if most people think his UP without the block and ask for him to have one, the devs will say they don't have enough time to animate it, code it, etc etc etc and they want to prioritize more important things etc etc etc. I would like him to have a block unique block that allows him to move fast and close the distance quickly, but not deflect the bolts back accurately. Just a weak block that gives you the idea that he's not good at defense, but compensates with good offense. Every Sith and Jedi learns to block as younglings, so Maul being completely incapable of doing so is a bit strange. Also, since this is their forum, they can say whatever they want and shut people down if they to. So, if you want to speak unhindered, then going onto Reddit or whatever and post the flaws, as they can't delete it there or close down the thread. Anyway, I want to wait until the Beta, but I'm just worried they won't have the time to change it later on.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Shinjuku
    1758 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    @EmperorKelos I see your comment is awaiting approval,

Edit: That always happens, I'm surprised that problem hasn't been fixed yet. Just make sure that you copy your comment before posting and if it awaits approval paste it in then save it as a draft then repost it later on.
    Post edited by Shinjuku on
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
    @EmperorKelos I see your comment is awaiting approval,

not sure why...
    "Army or not. You must realize, you are doomed." ~General Grievous
    giphy.gif
  • In my opinion the biggest problem of Maul without a block is the combat between lightsaber/force users. It's a problem in terms of gameplay. The hero combat need to be more depth. Maul and every other force user should be able to block lightsaber strikes and force powers.
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    In my opinion the biggest problem of Maul without a block is the combat between lightsaber/force users. It's a problem in terms of gameplay. The hero combat need to be more depth. Maul and every other force user should be able to block lightsaber strikes and force powers.

That too. From what I've seen in the pre-alpha, there was not "saber combat"; it was just spamming the attack button. Although, that was just the pre-alpha, not even the alpha. So, hopefully when the Beta comes, well see what they have in mind.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • bfloo
    14408 posts Member
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    In my opinion the biggest problem of Maul without a block is the combat between lightsaber/force users. It's a problem in terms of gameplay. The hero combat need to be more depth. Maul and every other force user should be able to block lightsaber strikes and force powers.

That too. From what I've seen in the pre-alpha, there was not "saber combat"; it was just spamming the attack button. Although, that was just the pre-alpha, not even the alpha. So, hopefully when the Beta comes, well see what they have in mind.

Adjustments for hero modes need to be separate from the infantry modes. That is how we got unbalanced game modes the first time around.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Kavian
    319 posts Member
    NO LIGHTSABER WIELDER WILL BE MADE OP BY BEING ABLE TO BLOCK..

*Begins Having Flash-Backs To Luke In Star Wars BattleFront (2015)*

?

If I counted how many times I have been Force Rushed By Luke after he blocked making my shots and that of my Team-Member's Useless

It's not fun

And the idea of Maul being able to Block would be even worse than Luke

The problem is Maul wasn't designed to be like that he was designed to be a mad Berzerker character and had his speed increased dramatically to compensate for this. he is a character designed to flank and pop in a room devastate the Republic Forces and than dart out while your team wipes out the few survivors and than rinse and repeat

By having Darth Maul be able to block they would have to remove most of the stuff they brought in for him as with his Extreme Speed and tactic, he wouldn't have to retreat he would just be able to stand in the room and spam his abilities like normal but unlike Vader he would be given super speed the very same combination that makes Luke in the first game so annoying and Over-Powered

Berzerker you say, huh. I always thought a "mad Berzerker character" would be able to enter a room without beING MOWED DOWN BY THREE PEOPLE ON OPPOSITE SIDES OF THE ROOM. Let's face it EA doesn't want to animate Maul's block, admittedly it would be very hard to make something that would work fluidly but don't you DARE call him a tank.

Also with luke's deflection what you have to do is:

1. Set aside the spray and pray tactic because he can BLOCK OH NO

2. don't put yourself in a position where you don't have someone behind him and in front of him, you'd be dumb to fight luke head on anyway
  • Kavian wrote: »
    NO LIGHTSABER WIELDER WILL BE MADE OP BY BEING ABLE TO BLOCK..

*Begins Having Flash-Backs To Luke In Star Wars BattleFront (2015)*

?

If I counted how many times I have been Force Rushed By Luke after he blocked making my shots and that of my Team-Member's Useless

It's not fun

And the idea of Maul being able to Block would be even worse than Luke

The problem is Maul wasn't designed to be like that he was designed to be a mad Berzerker character and had his speed increased dramatically to compensate for this. he is a character designed to flank and pop in a room devastate the Republic Forces and than dart out while your team wipes out the few survivors and than rinse and repeat

By having Darth Maul be able to block they would have to remove most of the stuff they brought in for him as with his Extreme Speed and tactic, he wouldn't have to retreat he would just be able to stand in the room and spam his abilities like normal but unlike Vader he would be given super speed the very same combination that makes Luke in the first game so annoying and Over-Powered

Berzerker you say, huh. I always thought a "mad Berzerker character" would be able to enter a room without beING MOWED DOWN BY THREE PEOPLE ON OPPOSITE SIDES OF THE ROOM. Let's face it EA doesn't want to animate Maul's block, admittedly it would be very hard to make something that would work fluidly but don't you DARE call him a tank.

Also with luke's deflection what you have to do is:

1. Set aside the spray and pray tactic because he can BLOCK OH NO

2. don't put yourself in a position where you don't have someone behind him and in front of him, you'd be dumb to fight luke head on anyway

@ROMG4 you need to uses your brain to think about how to damage Luke by flanking baiting etc. Luke will have a block this game, so why won't maul if you think they are the same style?

Maul does not need insanely high speed. He would still be a berserker without it. If he is all offensive, why make his defenese be run away rather than stay and counter attack with a block?
  • +99999999 i agree this bugs me more than anything
  • LordMaul wrote: »
    +99999999 i agree this bugs me more than anything

Hi, how are ya, Maul?