criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Will it be snowing on star killer base

I hope we get some weather known for what they were in the movies.
Hoth- option for being snowy or sunny
Kamino- rainy or perhaps even slippery
Star killer base- snowy, including the forest where Kylo ren and Finn and Rey fought
Kashyyyk- foggy or cloudy
Anymore you can think of?
RIP Sig Gifs, It would be nice to have coruscant, and big offline content modes, and these heroes at launch:
Prequel era : yoda, obi wan, Anakin, padme, maul, jango, dooku, grievous,
Original era: Luke, leia, Han, chewy, Vader, palps, boba, bossk
New era: Rey, kylo

Replies

• Tatooine- mostly dry & sandstorms
  • The said the aren't making the maps any Better than the first game. Still there is snow on Twilight on Hoth.

I think every planet should have a unique weather condition that goes on and off.
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    The said the aren't making the maps any Better than the first game. Still there is snow on Twilight on Hoth.

I think every planet should have a unique weather condition that goes on and off.

So your saying the maps are returning will not be revamped or anything
    RIP Sig Gifs, It would be nice to have coruscant, and big offline content modes, and these heroes at launch:
  • Shinjuku
    1758 posts Member
    SandyAni wrote: »
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    The said the aren't making the maps any Better than the first game. Still there is snow on Twilight on Hoth.

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up doing this Sandy, there's a price to pay for free content after all. Catch 22 & all that jazz
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • SandyAni wrote: »
    I hope we get some weather known for what they were in the movies.
    Hoth- option for being snowy or sunny
    Kamino- rainy or perhaps even slippery
    Star killer base- snowy, including the forest where Kylo ren and Finn and Rey fought
    Kashyyyk- foggy or cloudy
    Anymore you can think of?

This is an excellent idea, except for maybe the slippery suggestion for Kamino, although that could end up being both frustrating and funny.

Having both weather and day/night cycles could add a lot more visual variety to the game and make it seem less stale. Imagine the occasional sandstorm blowing in on Tattooine or a blizzard on the battlefield of Hoth. Great way to keep things fresh on old levels while we wait for new ones in the Seasons.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Shinjuku wrote: »

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up doing this Sandy, there's a price to pay for free content after all. Catch 22 & all that jazz

Doesn't bother me. Just means more content. I'd rather have it than not.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    edited August 2017

No I am saying the quality of the maps in the sense of destruction and weather won't be Improving.

If the maps return I bet they would be revamped.
  • JackTHorn
    3562 posts Member
    Having both weather and day/night cycles could add a lot more visual variety to the game and make it seem less stale. Imagine the occasional sandstorm blowing in on Tattooine or a blizzard on the battlefield of Hoth. Great way to keep things fresh on old levels while we wait for new ones in the Seasons.
    Exactly. Even just simple dynamic weather and lighting options would be amazing, and go a long way toward making every ten maps feel like 50.

Daytime, sunrise/sunset, twilight, night-time. Maybe twilight and night time are a bit more rare, or unavailable on some maps. Rainstorms sweeping in, heavy clouds making things darker, starting and sometimes stopping at random points in the battle on Kamino, Takodana, Kashyyyk, Endor, Scarif. Fog laying thick over everything on Kashyyyk, Bespin, Endor, Sullust, Hoth, Takodana, Starkiller Base. Sandy wind on Tatooine and Jakku. Thick clouds and snow falling on Hoth and Starkiller Base. All at either daytime, night-time, sunset/sunrise, or twilight.

If a fan-made mod map could do it back in 2007, then Battlefront 2 should be able to do it now...
  • Dynamic weather is needed. It often forces you to play differently which can mean an entirely different outcome to the game. When fog comes in on battlefield 1 everything gets a lot more intimate and it makes you use different tactics.
  • Kyloren421 wrote: »
    Dynamic weather is needed. It often forces you to play differently which can mean an entirely different outcome to the game. When fog comes in on battlefield 1 everything gets a lot more intimate and it makes you use different tactics.

Definitely makes games more interesting along with destructible environments. Doesn't look like either will be in the next game so that's another thing to add to the battlefront 3 wishlist.
  • I think lightning in the background of kamino would be nice
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    Exactly. Even just simple dynamic weather and lighting options would be amazing, and go a long way toward making every ten maps feel like 50.

Daytime, sunrise/sunset, twilight, night-time. Maybe twilight and night time are a bit more rare, or unavailable on some maps. Rainstorms sweeping in, heavy clouds making things darker, starting and sometimes stopping at random points in the battle on Kamino, Takodana, Kashyyyk, Endor, Scarif. Fog laying thick over everything on Kashyyyk, Bespin, Endor, Sullust, Hoth, Takodana, Starkiller Base. Sandy wind on Tatooine and Jakku. Thick clouds and snow falling on Hoth and Starkiller Base. All at either daytime, night-time, sunset/sunrise, or twilight.

If a fan-made mod map could do it back in 2007, then Battlefront 2 should be able to do it now...

Even the few weather affects we get in the current game make the levels feel that much more alive. I still love it when I see fog roll over on Bespin. The more dynamic they make the levels the better.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    JackTHorn wrote: »

Even the few weather affects we get in the current game make the levels feel that much more alive. I still love it when I see fog roll over on Bespin. The more dynamic they make the levels the better.

Agreed, I like the rain effect on Imperial hangar.
    Don't like fighting at night in WA on Endor :neutral:
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• Alex64
    5796 posts Member
    I would like to see bootprints on the snow
  • I hope not to be honest, it was just distracting and awful on Twilight.
  • JackTHorn wrote: »

Would be cool but it's harder than you think.
  • I hope not to be honest, it was just distracting and awful on Twilight.
    I liked it. Varied it from a lot of other maps.

Maybe they tone it down a bit on the ground though since people find it annoying.
  • Raining in kamino seems to be a thing
  • The fact that there's even a need to ask developers for some interesting weather cycles and animation in a 2017 game with a gluttonous emphasis on graphics is disturbing...

*insert pun

• I hope we do get it, weather effects add to the variety.