criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Player vote kick?

Prev1
Since EA cannot rid Battlefront of cheaters and likely will abandon us on the upcoming Battlefront once they rush out the last update and sucked the last dollar out of players..

Can we have a kick vote system where players can vote to kick a player from the server for an hour?

Replies

• Since EA cannot rid Battlefront of cheaters and likely will abandon us on the upcoming Battlefront once they rush out the last update and sucked the last dollar out of players..

Can we have a kick vote system where players can vote to kick a player from the server for an hour?

Maybe just the game some people party up with their friends and the whole party kicks people just for fun
  • Since EA cannot rid Battlefront of cheaters and likely will abandon us on the upcoming Battlefront once they rush out the last update and sucked the last dollar out of players..

Maybe just the game some people party up with their friends and the whole party kicks people just for fun

True, but generally on a 30+ person server this is impossible. And since cheating mostly occurs on PC where such large servers are capable and common.

I'm looking at this and taking the idea from Red Orchestra series where I've seen it abused once maybe.

Either way the cheating needs to be stopped.

True, but generally on a 30+ person server this is impossible. And since cheating mostly occurs on PC where such large servers are capable and common.

I'm looking at this and taking the idea from Red Orchestra series where I've seen it abused once maybe.

Either way the cheating needs to be stopped.

true true
  • Players will be kicked for being good.
  • Alex64
    5906 posts Member
    Players wil be kicked just for the lolz.

This.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Have any of you actually played a game with this option or are you just speaking from opinion?
  • Renamed171120171725
    80 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I could make a thread "There should be light sabers in this game" and I swear to god 10 people would pop in to say NO...
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I could make a thread "There should be light sabers in this game" and I swear to god 10 people would pop in to say NO...

The forum trend is to request something shouldn't be in the game what others ask for. For instance, if you see anyone is asking for more lightsaber heroes in the game then you have to create a thread "Luke and Vader are enough, we need only blaster heroes". Arguement: "lightsaber heroes are all too similar".
    Btw, I am impressed that your name wasn't censored.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• This is just a joke solution to cheating. It wouldn't do much.

Get Xbox One
  • Have any of you actually played a game with this option or are you just speaking from opinion?

Ya I boot people on siege just for talking sometimes and the other way around.
  • kez432
    149 posts Member
    and you're the reason why I would say no to this feature.
    Have any of you actually played a game with this option or are you just speaking from opinion?

Ya I boot people on siege just for talking sometimes and the other way around.

• Lol it happens to me too sometimes the mute button isn't good enough
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Shinjuku
    1759 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Players will be kicked for being good.

Lord knows that happens so much on Battlefield 4 and Dead or Alive 5 Last Round. You're spot on Cunha, unfortunately it's those ultra salty try hard competitive players who would abuse the hell out of a vote to kick feature.
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    This is just a joke solution to cheating. It wouldn't do much.

Get Xbox One

Man, i disagree with this, why would i have to buy another platform to play a game i paid for? Why i need to play it on less quality when my PC can handle it? Why do i need to abandon my favorite control scheme (Mouse & Keyboard) for a one which i dislike and can't get kills with it (controller)

And yes, i own a Xbox One Controller, which i only use in Fight games and Hack n slash games.

Its better to EA to get a good Anti-Cheat system or just implement this vote kick stuff.

Do you have played games with this option? And if yes, idk what do you mean, i never get kicked for being good, or anyone else who i know have been kicked for that, the only time i've got kicked by "trolls" was sometime on CSGO when i tried to kick a hacker, and it was on a hacker party, so, my vote kick failed, then he vote kick me, and because he was on party, and everyone was hackers, they kicked me off.

Or even doing something an admin or clan doesn't like, as I've experienced back in Battlefield 3.

Take down the admin's chopper in a "No Stinger/Igla" server with an unguided RPG? Kicked.

Knife an enemy clan member in the back while he's fixing his tank, then stealing said tank? Kicked.
    To think that once I could not see beyond the veil of our reality, to see those who dwell behind.
  • Not my job to kick people outta games, that's for the dev if cheating is suspected. If it's left up to 9 year olds and salty **** players that suck, God help us.
  • Someone gets the hero right before you get it, kick em just so you can get to play the hero
  • As much as I'd like this for trolls (I'm on PS4 so not noticeable cheating), it would easily be abused.

I play in a party occasionally and when we are trying to get one of your players in a match, we message the lowest guy on the team and politely ask him to back out, tell him why and it's cool if not. I could see parties not giving that option or consideration and just doing it, or booting the best or worst guy on a team.

DICE just needs to up their game with regards to better anti-cheating.
  • Xerxes52 wrote: »

Or even doing something an admin or clan doesn't like, as I've experienced back in Battlefield 3.

Take down the admin's chopper in a "No Stinger/Igla" server with an unguided RPG? Kicked.

Knife an enemy clan member in the back while he's fixing his tank, then stealing said tank? Kicked.
    Right? That was so annoying, you were banned for being good.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • As much as I'd like this for trolls (I'm on PS4 so not noticeable cheating), it would easily be abused.

I play in a party occasionally and when we are trying to get one of your players in a match, we message the lowest guy on the team and politely ask him to back out, tell him why and it's cool if not. I could see parties not giving that option or consideration and just doing it, or booting the best or worst guy on a team.

DICE just needs to up their game with regards to better anti-cheating.

100% this. Spot on.
  • SalsaMan wrote: »
    Someone gets the hero right before you get it, kick em just so you can get to play the hero

lol whoever gets the hero would be kicked thts so true
  • Shinjuku
    1759 posts Member
    Xerxes52 wrote: »

PREAAAAAACH!!!!! Ugh the amount of times that has happened to me, you ain't never lied. Even if you still run & gun and kill the admin or clan members a few times in that server you'll swiftly get removed tut-tut.
    MLtmeEi.png

Yup

??? There are already light sabers in the game though. Who in the right mind would actually say no to that?
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• EvazanJr wrote: »
    This is just a joke solution to cheating. It wouldn't do much.

Get Xbox One
    Just a warning if your gonna get an Xbox One
    Xbox has a reputation system that's run by the community, effectively banning you from certain multiplayer games like Gears of War, Halo, and Overwatch to name a few.
    It doesn't matter if your good or bad, you get reported & your banned from match making.
    Thankfully Dice doesn't use this system on their games so that's good.

It really sucks, but on Ps4 they don't let the community run their enforcement system with an automated report system at all.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Not my job to kick people outta games, that's for the dev if cheating is suspected. If it's left up to 9 year olds and salty **** players that suck, God help us.

Thats a great idea! God you are just so clever.
    Except the devs abandon the game once they get every last penny out with their content releases.. The current Battlefront was abandoned a LONG time ago and if we had a system like this in place it would prevent the cheating.

But I'm sure with your 1 hour a week invested in this game.. you know all.
  • Xerxes52 wrote: »

This is obviously someone who does not even game on PC.. "The admin or clan doesnt like". Again.. have you friggin played PC multiplayer? There are no admins.. EA controls the servers.
  • I should have clarified this was for PC only.. Consoles do not have cheating problems.
    But as usually the same console rtards show up to give their opinion on what should happen on another platform. You tards don't waste 4 hours of your day gaming just to be bested by some 12 year old little piece of **** who downloaded an OHK mod or aimbot.. But sure PLEASE feel free to give your opinion about this problem you deal with in no way.
  • rollind24
    5236 posts Member
    I should have clarified this was for PC only.. Consoles do not have cheating problems.
    But as usually the same console rtards show up to give their opinion on what should happen on another platform. You tards don't waste 4 hours of your day gaming just to be bested by some 12 year old little piece of **** who downloaded an OHK mod or aimbot.. But sure PLEASE feel free to give your opinion about this problem you deal with in no way.

No, the console players just game on a system not plagued by what your whining about.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • bfloo
    14546 posts Member
    How do you pc players deal with this?

While we get exploiters on console, it isn't nearly as bad as what you describe.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    How do you pc players deal with this?

While we get exploiters on console, it isn't nearly as bad as what you describe.

Thankfully we can recognize a lot of cheaters by their names so that's why kick option would be a good solution.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    I would like to have this feature even on console to get rid of back of the map campers/people doing nothing.
  • bfloo
    14546 posts Member
    Stalemate wrote: »
    I would like to have this feature even on console to get rid of back of the map campers/people doing nothing.

We'd end up with 2 people on each team

h846398gb27k.png

• Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

We'd end up with 2 people on each team

That's fine. 4 real players.
  • They should make it joinable at anytime in the match and an automatic kick for people who remain idle
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    They should make it joinable at anytime in the match and an automatic kick for people who remain idle

That is exactly how it works in the current 2015 Battlefront game.
  • bfloo
    14546 posts Member
    They should make it joinable at anytime in the match and an automatic kick for people who remain idle

+1 If anything, the idle time is too short.

h846398gb27k.png

• Stalemate
    3600 posts Member

I agree sometimes I have to rush back from the toilet.
  • bfloo
    14546 posts Member

I agree sometimes I have to rush back from the toilet.

Then hope it doesn't time out while you are on the load screen.

h846398gb27k.png

• Stalemate wrote: »

I know they said they were changing a lot so it could be different I do agree though the kick time is pretty fast go up to get a drink and ur booted
  • Shinjuku
    1759 posts Member
    edited August 2017

I know they said they were changing a lot so it could be different I do agree though the kick time is pretty fast go up to get a drink and ur booted

I usually just tip my controller to an angle and hide somewhere in the corner and let the analog stick turn the camera angle around making my trooper spin around in circles
    MLtmeEi.png
  • Shinjuku wrote: »

I usually just tip my controller to an angle and hide somewhere in the corner and let the analog stick turn the camera angle around making my trooper spin around in circles

Bet your teammates love it
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Shinjuku wrote: »

I have seen you.

Perhaps they could have a "Don't kick me I will be right back" option.
  • ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    Ultimately we have to accept that with this system there will always be exploits. even if we don't see it ourselves someone somewhere in the game's many lobbies has been unjustly Vote-Kicked, to deny it is to lie

But we have to look at the good this system can bring and compare it against the bad of what it brings. and in my opinion the Good DRAMATICALLY Out-Weighs the bad it can bring

What can we do to stop a Bot Attack? Nothing. What Can we do to stop a Aim-Bot Cheater? Nothing. What Can we do to stop a dude flying around the map firing Orbitals everywhere? Nothing.

Even if the next game's Anti-Cheat system is highly successful and functioning, Cheaters will still seep through the cracks and ruin lobbies without it
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    Ultimately we have to accept that with this system there will always be exploits. even if we don't see it ourselves someone somewhere in the game's many lobbies has been unjustly Vote-Kicked, to deny it is to lie

But we have to look at the good this system can bring and compare it against the bad of what it brings. and in my opinion the Good DRAMATICALLY Out-Weighs the bad it can bring

What can we do to stop a Bot Attack? Nothing. What Can we do to stop a Aim-Bot Cheater? Nothing. What Can we do to stop a dude flying around the map firing Orbitals everywhere? Nothing.

Even if the next game's Anti-Cheat system is highly successful and functioning, Cheaters will still seep through the cracks and ruin lobbies without it

Get an Xbox dude playing on a key board is weird

playing on a key board is weird [/i]

???? If anything it's better than using a controller.
  • ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »

NO
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
    ROMG4 wrote: »

NO

I hate playing on computers

• "playing on a key board is weird"

I agree.