criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Player vote kick?

2Next

Replies

• ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    Stalemate wrote: »
    "playing on a key board is weird"

I agree.

Play Mass Effect 2 and Enemy Territory Quake Wars on Console and PC one after the other and than get back to me
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • I'll pass thanks.
  • Stalemate wrote: »
    I'll pass thanks.

A controller may be more comfortable but you have a huge mobility disadvantage using a controller. If you were to play a pc user on your xbox or ps4 you would get rekted just becasue of the fact that a keyboard and mouse have a quicker response time over a controller. Also pc players can change their FOV which will allow the line of sight to be wider than yours. It may seem weird but a key board and mouse is better.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    I would like to have this feature even on console to get rid of back of the map campers/people doing nothing.

We'd end up with 2 people on each team

Again if you actually played games where this feature was done well(Red orchestra), being kicked is very rare and only when almost an entire server votes yes to kick a person. I'm one of the biggest **** trolls in Rising Storm Vietnam and I've only ever been kicked once..
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    Again if you actually played games where this feature was done well(Red orchestra), being kicked is very rare and only when almost an entire server votes yes to kick a person. I'm one of the biggest **** trolls in Rising Storm Vietnam and I've only ever been kicked once..

This game will not and should not have vote kick. DICE needs to spend their efforts bolstering their counter-cheat, rather than on a useless feature which will just get abused. Let's move on from this topic, hmm?
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Blazur wrote: »

This game will not and should not have vote kick. DICE needs to spend their efforts bolstering their counter-cheat, rather than on a useless feature which will just get abused. Let's move on from this topic, hmm?

They wont.
    EA is all about money. This is not battlefield 2 or back when they actually needed players. All they need now is a good advertising campaign and to sell you the game. After that EA abandons you. If we rely on an anti cheat system by EA, it'll last as long as their money does(until the last update/content release).

We need something controlled by the player base so that the game lasts a lot longer.

I'm on PC right now looking for a server.. its been 30 minutes. What other STAR WARS game within a year was this dead? None.. Because most players have left due to the massive cheating. We cannot rely on EA, all they care about is $$$$.
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    They wont.
    EA is all about money. This is not battlefield 2 or back when they actually needed players. All they need now is a good advertising campaign and to sell you the game. After that EA abandons you. If we rely on an anti cheat system by EA, it'll last as long as their money does(until the last update/content release).

We need something controlled by the player base so that the game lasts a lot longer.

I'm on PC right now looking for a server.. its been 30 minutes. What other STAR WARS game within a year was this dead? None.. Because most players have left due to the massive cheating. We cannot rely on EA, all they care about is $$$$.

Enough with the EA is the devil hate. To say the developers don't care about the success of this game is incredibly naive and quite frankly rude. Sure they dropped the ball with cheaters in the last game, but they're not doing it because they're evil and out to make your life miserable. More than likely It was a combination of flawed programming and the team being too focused on DLC and the sequel.

The lack of players on PC is unfortunate and I understand your frustration, but I place much of the blame for that on the DLC matchmaking and community divide.

The next game has ongoing potential for increased revenue with crate purchases. It behooves them to keep the game free of cheaters so they can sell more of these. Sure they've got a lot to prove, but the power needs to rest in their hands and not the community.

Vote kicking would be the absolute worst thing they can do to this game. Any rational person can sense that.
  • ROMG4 wrote: »

I agree.

Play Mass Effect 2 and Enemy Territory Quake Wars on Console and PC one after the other and than get back to me

Lol no those games aren't even worth the time they'd waste
  • ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »

I agree.

You DARE insult Enemy Territory Quake Wars to my face?!
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    Since EA cannot rid Battlefront of cheaters and likely will abandon us on the upcoming Battlefront once they rush out the last update and sucked the last dollar out of players..

Can we have a kick vote system where players can vote to kick a player from the server for an hour?

That wouldn't be fair because it could easily be abused and used against people who aren't cheating, but just really good.
  • This would be awful.
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    ROMG4 wrote: »

I agree.

You DARE insult Enemy Territory Quake Wars to my face?!

Mainly talking about mass effect I hated it
  • This would be awful.
    We know.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Blazur wrote: »
    They wont.

Enough with the EA is the devil hate. To say the developers don't care about the success of this game is incredibly naive and quite frankly rude. Sure they dropped the ball with cheaters in the last game, but they're not doing it because they're evil and out to make your life miserable. More than likely It was a combination of flawed programming and the team being too focused on DLC and the sequel.

The lack of players on PC is unfortunate and I understand your frustration, but I place much of the blame for that on the DLC matchmaking and community divide.

The next game has ongoing potential for increased revenue with crate purchases. It behooves them to keep the game free of cheaters so they can sell more of these. Sure they've got a lot to prove, but the power needs to rest in their hands and not the community.

Vote kicking would be the absolute worst thing they can do to this game. Any rational person can sense that.

No offense meant to you. But you just outed yourself as a console player. You're telling me(a lifeless loser who sits and plays PC games when I'm not selling firearms to make a living) what the problem with is on MY platform? Well excuse me all to hell!

The problem with PC IS the modding/cheaters. Go 5 months back and the community was thriving. There were servers up everywhere. Since the abandonment of the game by the developers, cheating is everywhere and people like myself who were on every day of our lives finally uninstalled. You're lucky to find a busy server on any weekday at any time now.

EA is a business, they are out to make money. Much like COD, their approach has been instead of making a good game, rely on the name(oooooo star wars) and put a fancy box and label on the product. The game may be very fun, but they will abandon it once they've made what they see as the majority of income from the product.

Looking at it from a business standpoint it's smart. Why waste your money and your employees time(where that money is going) to have them keep the anti cheat system up to date on a game you're making a trickle of income on and have to put at 60% off on origin just to get a few people to buy it?

EA is not the devil, they're just like any other greedy company.
  • "Sure they've got a lot to prove, but the power needs to rest in their hands and not the community."

Wow do you sound like a big government type goon..
    The power should always be with the people because the government gets big, fat, lazy and does whats best for it in the end which in this case the government being EA.. it does what it needs to make money and then abandons the people(us).

You saying "THE NEXT GAME" reminds me of John Hammond from Jurassic Park(That may be a bit before your time) saying "THE NEXT TIME WE'LL BE BETTER". Sorry but all you're doing is kicking an empty can down the road once every couple years hoping it will be full of food the next time you catch up with it.

Why am I bit**ing? It's certainly not to stir the pot. It's because I'm hoping those greedy little sh*ts at EA see this and do something about the cheating.. But quite frankly sir, you're that enabler.. You're that guy that lives a town over(console) and does not deal with the problem like we do but gosh darn you're going to stuff your huge nose into our business and give your thoughts because you're just so darn important and your opinion must be heard!

Go get your shine box..
  • Danxoln wrote: »
    Since EA cannot rid Battlefront of cheaters and likely will abandon us on the upcoming Battlefront once they rush out the last update and sucked the last dollar out of players..

Can we have a kick vote system where players can vote to kick a player from the server for an hour?

That wouldn't be fair because it could easily be abused and used against people who aren't cheating, but just really good.

Please tell me your experiences in games using this?
    I've played Red Orchestra for a long time and I've seen it abused twice in the 6+ years playing. Please tell me your experiences? Or are you talking out of your *** as I think you are?

People like you are why this game will be dead in a year..

Thanks for your opinion enabler!
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    No offense meant to you. But you just outed yourself as a console player. You're telling me(a lifeless loser who sits and plays PC games when I'm not selling firearms to make a living) what the problem with is on MY platform? Well excuse me all to ****!

I'm a fellow PC player just like you, and fully understand and sympathize with the cheating problem here. In fact I've been openly vocal on forums about it and highly critical of their failure to prevent cheating.

They absolutely need to improve on their anti cheat, and I'd argue that was the biggest flaw with the last game. But adding player vote kick would not be an improvement in any stretch of the imagination.
  • It sucks in Rainbow Six siege for solo player I was kicked many times immediately for no reason or I took someones operator.
    Have any of you actually played a game with this option or are you just speaking from opinion?