criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Fighter Squadron hear me out.

Ok, I don't know about you guys but, I'm a massive fighter squadron fan, I played the crap out of that game mode to rank up to level 100 on the first game, racking up around 3,703 Kills which is only 9% of my total kills.

In a sense it feels like I have nothing to show for it. my X-wing looks the same as everyone else's and so do my other ships. I want people to know when they see my black x wing in the sky they are going to die.

Another thing which I would love an improvement is squads, I want to see exactly where my friends are when I play with them, It was hard enough to find a yellow marker pointing towards your partner however I feel like there should be a system where you can see all your squad members, maybe by not having player names above the other friendly ships.

I'm super excited to see that now we can freely roll with the ships I'm wondering how smooth it is and what controls have become available with the d-pad not doing silly manoeuvres. it would be cool to maybe add the option to close your wings while you are piloting an xwing or a Uwing or some kind of taunt so when you kill a player you can show a little personality in the kill cam. tumblr_nhk3m4Nm8m1qgbp1jo1_500.gif

I want to change patterns and the colours of my fighters so I can actually look like a squadron when I play with my friends. That can be done in loads of ways - like each squad is branded differently etc....

Honestly gamescom can not get here quick enough!

What do you guys think?

Replies

• Shinjuku
    1760 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I think this is great. Personally I disliked Fighter Squadron because of how shallow and arcadey the mechanics were, it looks like they've improved it a lot more which is good so I'll actually play it this time. However I definitely do like what you're suggesting, the sqauds, the option to be able to customise your fighter and to see your team members. This is something that can be done and implemented easily to help enhance the gameplay.
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • I completely understand why people never liked the gameplay side of fighter squadron there were so many things I wanted them to take from the old battlefront games and even battlefield 3 and 4. I'm a big ace combat fan so I love simulators, when I played the VR mission I thought to myself if they freed up the controls to roll and kept the little fun mechanics that they had added they would have something really special, however I have massive issues with the pace of the space battles that they have added on battlefront so far, the ships feel really slow and I don't like that. Even in cloud city there was just too much space between you and the enemy.
  • +1 Best explanation of what fighter squadron should be
  • I agree with you, absolutely love Fighter Squadron and your ideas.
  • Space battles will be far better. I don't like tdm game modes, they feel pointless.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Definitely need a better progression system and a customization system. I would play it much more if I could change things up.

Space Battles will be much better in all aspects

Dang you played FS a lot I'm kinda jealous.

• Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Also, what system do you play on?

If PC, what type of hacking is in Fighter squadron?
  • isn't there another trailer/gameplay for this mode thise month ???
    giphy.gif

• Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    isn't there another trailer/gameplay for this mode thise month ???
    Should be

• +1, OP
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    isn't there another trailer/gameplay for this mode thise month ???
    Should be

There will be one at Gamescom. The livestream is on the 21st.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    I have very high hopes for the work Criterion is doing on space battles. While I'm not expecting there to be much in the way of cosmetic ship customization, I do anticipate a starcard upgrade system similar to what we have for infantry and heroes.

Can't wait for Gamescon!
    http://www.gamescom-cologne.com/gamescom/trade-fair/dates-and-opening-times/
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Yes, I am totally stoked for the next version of flying. I love FS as rudimentary as it is and have high hopes that it will be 100% better.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Blazur wrote: »
    a starcard upgrade system similar to what we have for infantry and heroes.
    That all I want
  • LA_RaZa
    9 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I case you guys have missed it all the info for the Starfighter Assault gameplay stream is here:

Fingers crossed this blows our minds!
  • I really hope so. I played some death star last night and was ripping fighters to pieces.

Can't wait for some more depth to flying and hearing the roar of my twin ion engines. :)
  • FS on PC was terrible apparently. On Ps4 at least it was fun but 99% of people were terrible flyers and just used the standard builtin manuevous instead of using the sticks and speed controls. Personally hate these visual customisers except it give me someone to attack MUCH Easier.So fill your boots ...You will be as in Infantry a standout target
  • lowell
    1090 posts Member
    In the old Battlefronts, there was full aim and Battlefront 2015 had temporary targeting. It just felt like playing the mode wasn't worth it anymore. I'm glad targeting in Battlefront II 2017 is more like the old Battlefronts.
  • Excited to see some game play. Loved Fighter Sqaudron when the game first released, but it just got stale fast. Hoping theres added depth while keeping it fun to pick up and play.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Fighter Squadron isn't going to be in the game.
  • Yes I know... Guess I meant I liked the star fighter battling in the first game but it got old for me and hope it's seeing much improvement.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13