criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Player base gone

Ok, it has been several months now since I've been able to play any of the DLC that I paid dearly for.
I understand they don't want us to enjoy ourselves offline but at least add some bots (that get kicked when players enter and have very little reward if you kill them) to the DLC when playing online. I simply want to play those maps but can't since I fell for EA's shenanigans.

Anyone have any suggestions? I play on Xbox in western Europe, got a solid Internet connection and have tried round the clock from Monday through Sunday (I make my own schedules so have some freedom in when I can game). When are there people playing Death Star and Rogue One Battlestation and Infiltration game modes? Or fighter battles from Bespin/Death Star/Rogue One DLC?

EA is probably too busy screwing up the sequel to fix what they have now. Oh, what happened to the days when you could buy a game, play it, put it down for a little while and then play it again?

Replies

• Wrong section.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    Wrong section, and they likely won't be touching the first game anymore.
  • Danxoln wrote: »
    They already said no more updates planned for this game, it's for the best. Battlefront 2 will be better in every way, they have to focus all their resources on BF2.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Danxoln wrote: »
    They already said no more updates planned for this game, it's for the best. Battlefront 2 will be better in every way, they have to focus all their resources on BF2.

Like that will be difficult to achieve.
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Danxoln wrote: »

Like that will be difficult to achieve.

Let's hope so.

I'd hate to see them ditch this game after a year and have people defend that too.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member

• lol hopefully they don't give up on BF2 as fast as that disgrace they call battlefront (2015)
  • bfloo
    15023 posts Member
    lol hopefully they don't give up on BF2 as fast as that disgrace they call battlefront (2015)

Hopefully it doesn't end up being another arcade shooter.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    lol hopefully they don't give up on BF2 as fast as that disgrace they call battlefront (2015)

Exactly, everyone who said BF is unique and already unlike any other shooter is a fool, just another SW game need to step it up with BF 2
  • Unless all content (esp. maps) migrates over to BF 2, it must be frustrating for developers to watch all of thier creativity, sweat, and work become obsolete in such a short time.
  • Can we just forget that Battlefront (2015) existed?
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

I won't be entirely forgetting Battlefront 2015, I had some good memories with that game.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
    I won't be entirely forgetting Battlefront 2015, I had some good memories with that game.

I had more disappointed and bad memories with it. Beside that it was after 10 years no competitor to Battlefront II (2005).
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

I had more disappointed and bad memories with it. Beside that it was after 10 years no competitor to Battlefront II (2005).

Not even close and it was twice the price, your welcome dice
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member

No excuse for some major issues to not be fixed. I've put over a 100 dollars in the game and deserve a playable game in every mode. There are some issues that seem like they would be simple fixes.
    A perfect example is that hero hunt is unplayable on some maps because people are flying into rocks and you can't get to them.

Some people new to the Battlefront series will play Battlefront 2 and wonder how the previous game was, then they'll buy it only to find out that matchmaking is dead and offline play is very limited compared to Pandemic's BF2. :D
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »

No excuse for some major issues to not be fixed. I've put over a 100 dollars in the game and deserve a playable game in every mode. There are some issues that seem like they would be simple fixes.
    A perfect example is that hero hunt is unplayable on some maps because people are flying into rocks and you can't get to them.
    Oh yeah, those major issues were ignored for too long. But whatever, this game will be put out of its misery shortly after Battlefront 2's release.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif

Some people new to the Battlefront series will play Battlefront 2 and wonder how the previous game was, then they'll buy it only to find out that matchmaking is dead and offline play is very limited compared to Pandemic's BF2. :D

And even more so if you look at what they could do with Elite Squadron on the PSP.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    Can we just forget that Battlefront (2015) existed?

And even more so if you look at what they could do with Elite Squadron on the PSP.

Renegade squadron was also a nice game on the PSP
  • WarfareKiller41
    6724 posts Member
    edited August 2017

I actually still play Renegade and Elite Squadron sometimes, I loved the Ground to Space feature in Elite. Too bad Free Radical Design couldn't finish Battlefront 3, imagine that game with mods!
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif

Like everyone did with Jaws: The Revenge? ;)

I did have a few good experiences from EABF though.
    To think that once I could not see beyond the veil of our reality, to see those who dwell behind.

No still play it regularly and will do until BF2.
  • Me too ...plenty of fun with fast pace..tactical , competitive close games in DZ in last couple of days...
  • bfloo
    15023 posts Member

I actually had a lot of fun with it, especially the DS dlc.

The pace of the game is great.

I'm not saying it is the best shooter ever made.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Doc_Holliday
    319 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Xbox playerbase has gone down pretty bad but I have no problems finding full games on ps4. And I loved BF15 as well, still do, these guys talking **** that only played a few weeks can speak for themselves.

It wasn't meant to compete with Battlefront II (2005) it was meant to be its own take on a star wars shooter. It had plenty of good qualities. It's core issue is that it was a rushed product.

It wasn't meant to compete with Battlefront II (2005) it was meant to be its own take on a star wars shooter. It had plenty of good qualities. It's core issue is that it was a rushed product.

That also had poor developer to community interaction.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif

Lol that game was never playable, it actually wasn't that bad when teams were competitive with each other but lobbies with everyone doing emotes and just running into the objective to get killed instantly happened almost every time

That also had poor developer to community interaction.

Yeah, I notice there's some different lead devs working on this game. But developer to community interaction was poor.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    Cad_Bane wrote: »

Lol that game was never playable, it actually wasn't that bad when teams were competitive with each other but lobbies with everyone doing emotes and just running into the objective to get killed instantly happened almost every time

Not playable cause you don't know how to play it
  • I loved the game but you guys are right, there's no excuse for so many bugs and glitches for such a big game. I've also never experienced a game that averages so much lag no matter the signal. Imo they also ruined a lot of useable weapons because people said they were to op, things like homing shot, are you kidding me, and team balance is still terrible. I understand why everyone wanted more, with such a large and loved franchise and a company the size of EA, you would think the game should have been epic. I guess one worry I have for bf2 is how long have they actually been working on it, seems like a lot to do for such a big game for just a year of work. Hears to hoping bf2 trumps BF15 in every way. Maybe we'll get an awsome game don't right and I'll see all u guys playing on the battlefield.
    Cad_Bane wrote: »

Not playable cause you don't know how to play it

Lol you just turn it on and search for a match (BF 2015 btw), too bad when you jump into a game and you find out you got no heros you want and the heros you did want don't have any abilities added to them from the original BF games. That games not hard at all it's just not fun

If I don't like the new one for whatever reason, I would go back to the current one. I'm still not sure how to feel about classes, the lack of the EE-3 and EE-4, the cross era hero and weapons play, the squad system, the overhaul for the heroes and reinforcements, and not to mention, I don't really want to even see any content from the new trilogy or from rebels.
  • bfloo wrote: »

This.