criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Explosive Shot users

Prev13
You are the worst. That is all.

Replies

• Thanks. :)
  • You are the worst. That is all.

Correct.
  • So true. I ran into one this morning. To make matters worse, he was using shock grenade as well.

I used to switch to ES myself when I run into these sorts of people, just to give them a taste of their own medicine. But I have since decided it is way better to kill them without, just to prove (at least in my own head) that they suck even with those crutches.
  • MWB33
    1253 posts Member
    Agreed x 1,000,000
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • Stop using bacta and the personal shield and I'll stop using explosive shot. I usually use focus fire and cooling cell, but I use ES from time to time.
  • Explosive shot is one of the worst things in the game, even in its nerfed form. It's not only the increased damage but the splash damage it gives.
  • Explosive shot is one of the worst things in the game, even in its nerfed form. It's not only the increased damage but the splash damage it gives.
    and what's the worst part about it?
    Using or against I got no problems with it at all.
    Heroes and Villains get better/instant kill abilities and you guys are complaining about the good thing about being a trooper.
    It's not over powered it's just that good.
    What does DX in my name stand for?
  • +1

Even worse are explosive shot users desperately defending their crutch. Either admit you suck or stop using it. Fact: Nothing except sucking beyond belief at this game and being a complete POS warrants using this card.
  • parsec67 wrote: »
    +1

Even worse are explosive shot users desperately defending their crutch. Either admit you suck or stop using it. Fact: Nothing except sucking beyond belief at this game and being a complete POS warrants using this card.

Which cards do you use? Probably bacta and personal shield, right?
  • Different day, same crying over ES... It's in the game... get over it.. No amount of calling it a crutch will sooth your tears. lol
  • Explosive card is pretty awesome. I love when my gun looks orangish!
    +1

+1
  • AaronM1978 wrote: »
    parsec67 wrote: »
    +1

+1

Seriously, people complain about half the charge cards in the game. Ion shot, Cooling cell, and focus fire are the only ones I haven't seen complaints about (and if enough people get good with the 19x and cooling cell I bet that'd be off this short list too). OH and stinger pistol. Forgot nobody complains about that.
  • Explosive shot is pretty bad. But what is very good is killing the noobs that sink to the level of using it.
  • Any star card can be a nuisance in this game. In one match you may see most of the enemy team using explosive shot, and in another it's personal shield. You may be in a match where you can't move anywhere due to dioxis all over the place or there could be grenades flying from all angles.

Just use the system you're given to fight it and don't limit yourself by being "morally opposed" to any card in the game. Your enemies won't give you the same consideration.
  • AaronM1978
    136 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Any star card can be a nuisance in this game. In one match you may see most of the enemy team using explosive shot, and in another it's personal shield. You may be in a match where you can't move anywhere due to dioxis all over the place or there could be grenades flying from all angles.

Just use the system you're given to fight it and don't limit yourself by being "morally opposed" to any card in the game. Your enemies won't give you the same consideration.

+1; If the game gives you a tool to use, use it. I'll use explosive shot to give bacta guards less opportunity to toss their bacta grenades. If there are a bunch of players using personal shields or I recognize someone that uses Krennnic a lot, I'll use ion shot or an ion grenade. If I need good long distance accuracy to suppress snipers, I'll use focus fire. The kit I carry depends on the threats I expect to face and the objective I need to assault.
    +1

Wrong. And, both bacta and PS can be dealt with by opponents by using e.g. scatter gun. There is no other single card or combo even close to the utter lameness of ES.
    Any star card can be a nuisance in this game. In one match you may see most of the enemy team using explosive shot, and in another it's personal shield. You may be in a match where you can't move anywhere due to dioxis all over the place or there could be grenades flying from all angles.

+1; If the game gives you a tool to use, use it. I'll use explosive shot to give bacta guards less opportunity to toss their bacta grenades. If there are a bunch of players using personal shields or I recognize someone that uses Krennnic a lot, I'll use ion shot or an ion grenade. If I need good long distance accuracy to suppress snipers, I'll use focus fire. The kit I carry depends on the threats I expect to face and the objective I need to assault.

There are collision detection glitches on some maps, you feel that this is okay to exploit too? Explosive shot is just a small notch below this in terms of lameness.
  • MWB33
    1253 posts Member
    Multiple good points about ES. It's in the game, it's not leaving, and due to splash damage it really doesn't have a counter...so yes we have to deal with those that use it as their primary crutch. This is the internet though, so we will exercise our electronic rights to complain. :D B)

I believe we almost all can all agree on this point though...

If it were truly used as a situational solution, then no one would be that opposed to it. However, there is a RIDICULOUS number of people that spam the frak out of it.

We've all seen them. They spawn, and before the 2 seconds of spawn protection have worn off, or they even move, the blaster starts glowing. They run around everywhere with their beloved glowing hand protrusion. Then they die, use the partner hand refresh trick, spawn, and repeat. (Also, I've personally seen when it runs out, many of them run and hide while it refreshes. They're too scared to engage, and feel without apparel in game, when it's unavailable.)

The players that fit this description are just fraking clown shoes.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • The other day I ran into a team that had literally four or five of their players all using explosive shot, so when you came around the corner one of them was there to send you flying with just one shot.
    PSN: DarthTindalus
    I am one with the Force and the Force is with me.
  • I own many people who uses explosive shoot. GG overheat.
  • I too dislike it when it is spammed on regular infantry however it is 100% required if you play extraction these days because you need all you can get to kill the heroes that don't belong there.
    "Make ready to land our troops beyond their energy field, then deploy the fleet so that nothing gets off the system. You are in command now, Admiral Piett". -Darth Vader, to Admiral Piett
    78cabnmrpu90.png
    PSN: Empire_TW

• Clone201
    2931 posts Member

Man! Could this game get any worse?

• I look forward to the class system. I really hope it brings more balance to Battlefront.
  • You are the worst. That is all.

what do you run?
    +1

I would like to know what you run.
  • I like ES(I don't use it very often due to PS being more useful)

If you use it against me, go ahead. It is there to be used.
    Sorry it was because you're salty
    PSN:deltagodzilla
    Join my SW Discord: https://discord.gg/XzT9C7g
  • Such cry babies. Explosive shot is nowhere near the troll load out as the bacta, bubble, jumpack users. I keep ES in my hand, why? Because it is an effective tool against Heroes. I play with many people on these forums, and they can vouch for me. I am not a spammer of ES, however when a Hero needs to be taken down no one seems to complain I have it.

Fact is any card can be singled out. I can say that people who run focus fire are horrible at aiming and need the crutch. Cooling cell means you cannot hit your target and need more shots. Stim and shield means you are not good enough to survive a gun fight.

Get over yourselves, and have fun playing the game. You run into an ES user, kill them. It isn't hard. Lately, there is a surge in the ultimate troll load out bacta, bubble, jump pack, body guard load out. I had to adjust. To counter I run scatter gun and ion shot. It is called adapting.
  • Wallofman wrote: »
    Such cry babies. Explosive shot is nowhere near the troll load out as the bacta, bubble, jumpack users. I keep ES in my hand, why? Because it is an effective tool against Heroes. I play with many people on these forums, and they can vouch for me. I am not a spammer of ES, however when a Hero needs to be taken down no one seems to complain I have it.

Fact is any card can be singled out. I can say that people who run focus fire are horrible at aiming and need the crutch. Cooling cell means you cannot hit your target and need more shots. Stim and shield means you are not good enough to survive a gun fight.

Get over yourselves, and have fun playing the game. You run into an ES user, kill them. It isn't hard. Lately, there is a surge in the ultimate troll load out bacta, bubble, jump pack, body guard load out. I had to adjust. To counter I run scatter gun and ion shot. It is called adapting.

Agree?
    Agree.

Hey, if you really want to show those ES users

no cards
    Dlt19-x only

oh
    and a thumbs up
    Such cry babies. Explosive shot is nowhere near the troll load out as the bacta, bubble, jumpack users. I keep ES in my hand, why? Because it is an effective tool against Heroes. I play with many people on these forums, and they can vouch for me. I am not a spammer of ES, however when a Hero needs to be taken down no one seems to complain I have it.

Spot on. It's like the people who run with bacta or adrenaline stim can't stand that their load out is made less effective by some other load out. If I use ES, it doesn't make me any more difficult to kill (unlike other load outs). Any card or combination of cards can be viewed as a crutch. They are there to enhance the soldier's abilities.

Agree?
    Agree.

Hey, if you really want to show those ES users

no cards
    Dlt19-x only

oh
    and a thumbs up

Let me re-do this paragraph, since i am half asleep...

Loadouts have only 4 slots
    star card
    something card(forgot the name)
    and trait card
    out of 30+

of course some loadouts are more effective than others

I like to use the PS like a riot shield, force my self thru heavy fire to a better point.
    Bacta, that can help you if you are going to die
    Med. Droid, You have set up a general spot to heal while also getting up your trait.
    ES, you annihilate heroes(and infantry)
    Sharpshooter/Beserker, you are focusing on one aiming condition(???) to adapt to your enviroment
    ion series, You can take down some of the heavy hitters
    Pulse/cycler, sniper... thats about it

others:
    idfk
  • For those who are pro-ES when playing matches with Heroes, cool, go for it. It makes sense to bring something that can deal max damage to Heroes.

In large maps, I might could see its use. When it is 20 on 20, its impact seems minimal unless you get into some CQC.

But in smaller modes like 6x6 cargo, it is overkill, even with Bactaguards or PS running around.
  • jaydee121083
    147 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Admit it...No Charge card makes you happy you Miserable POS.
    giphy.gif
  • jaydee121083
    147 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    You are the worst. That is all.
    giphy.gif

• I look forward to the class system. I really hope it brings more balance to Battlefront.

have a feeling that they will not limit how many of any class is allowed per team ....so will be balancing issues ?

have a feeling that they will not limit how many of any class is allowed per team ....so will be balancing issues ?

Maybe at first. The devs should be able to monitor the ratio of what classes are getting played compared to others and see any imbalances there and work on them.

And the whole class system is meant to help prevent OP combinations in loadouts. You can't take all the best stuff in the game and put it together because they're all in separate classes.
  • Old_fella_1963
    3891 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    They monitored last time aswell
  • ROMG4
    2049 posts Member
    For those who are pro-ES when playing matches with Heroes, cool, go for it. It makes sense to bring something that can deal max damage to Heroes.

In large maps, I might could see its use. When it is 20 on 20, its impact seems minimal unless you get into some CQC.

But in smaller modes like 6x6 cargo, it is overkill, even with Bactaguards or PS running around.

Hero Hunt I am fine with use anything you want

It's incredibly lame in HVV when you are trying to duel Vader and some doofus comes alone and activates his Explosive Shot and starts dealing as much damage as a Royal Guard
    Wallofman wrote: »
    I run scatter gun

Gross

Yeah there are a lot of Body-Guards lately

Bloody Trait 3 Body-Guard. I shot Chrono29 in the back with E-11 a while back in Cargo while he was corner camping and I flanked him and he still survived even though I put a whole magazine on him

I actually overheated the blaster and I was not missing shots

Personally I just hate anything that increases your damage or Resistance to Damage. same thing with the Random Crits of Team Fortress 2 they are bloody lame
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava

https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First

Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."

The OOM-9 Thread

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Dont see the issue with ES. It is there to be used, you either use it or you don't. i have used it before, most probably will use it again.
  • YODA100
    707 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    AaronM1978 wrote: »
    +1

+1

Seriously, people complain about half the charge cards in the game. Ion shot, Cooling cell, and focus fire are the only ones I haven't seen complaints about (and if enough people get good with the 19x and cooling cell I bet that'd be off this short list too). OH and stinger pistol. Forgot nobody complains about that.
    Cards get nerf because of little kids. They also ruined the Homing Shot period!
  • ROMG4
    2049 posts Member
    Either way I have come to one conclusion regarding the Death of the Game, it wasn't the Cheaters or the lack of support or even it's minimal content. no they sped it along and helped it but what really killed this game was well

You

You are the reason the game died sure you can rationalize why this thing isn't bad or this and that but the point is sure Dice gave you the tools that's their fault blame goes to them on that

But they didn't make you use them no you are the one who made the decision to use Shock, Explosive Shot, EE4, C487, Scatter Gun, Bowcaster, Bodyguard and all the rest

The fault and ultimate failure of the game

Is your fault
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."

The OOM-9 Thread

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    Either way I have come to one conclusion regarding the Death of the Game, it wasn't the Cheaters or the lack of support or even it's minimal content. no they sped it along and helped it but what really killed this game was well

You

You are the reason the game died sure you can rationalize why this thing isn't bad or this and that but the point is sure Dice gave you the tools that's their fault blame goes to them on that

But they didn't make you use them no you are the one who made the decision to use Shock, Explosive Shot, EE4, C487, Scatter Gun, Bowcaster, Bodyguard and all the rest

Is your fault

that makes absolutely no sense. So you are saying we are at fault for killing the game because we played it the way it was intended? You might want to re-think your logic
  • designingsean
    104 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Reasons the game is "dead"

1. Player base was fractured by DLC.
    B. Game has no real offline content.
    III. Cheaters on PC.
    Four. Game isn't dead on console.

I may be mistaken, but I am pretty sure I wasn't responsible for any of those things. But maybe I missed the memo.
  • Reasons the game is "dead"

III. Cheaters on PC.

I may be mistaken, but I am pretty sure I wasn't responsible for any of those things. But maybe I missed the memo.

+1

Like it ... Yes Most of the Whiners were and are BAD PC users ( IMHO there is no Good one)who Thankfully Ill Never deal with. Computers are for Work and Wikileaks not Wookies... Get a Consol Ashat! Also I joined post Nerfs most of them and just Whiners left and Right. I use Disruptor, Bacta, Shield, AS, ... I snipe Spawn Scouts and begin Firing and am Just as good if not better than any 50 level player. BUT I go for the OBJECTIVE. Oh and ES in Hero vs Villan... Yeah It is Awesome to use a Blaster pistol to take out any hero. The Game
    has reborn on Consol at least PS4 from most of my friends tell me. I Didn't play online the first year because of all the WHINEY Crybaby PC users but then it dawned on me that What they lack downstairs (and I do not mean in their mamas Basement) they make up for it Hacks, Tears and overall Suckiness of play... CONSOL RULES!!
    giphy.gif
  • Any star card can be a nuisance in this game. In one match you may see most of the enemy team using explosive shot, and in another it's personal shield. You may be in a match where you can't move anywhere due to dioxis all over the place or there could be grenades flying from all angles.

^This. ES is certainly nothing to complain about especially compared to jump packers using a shield and sitting up on ledges and partner spawning the few times they get killed. You can go anywhere, escape with one button push or bubble up, and almost never get killed when in trouble-- what a pansy way to play. But you can't change it or argue that spamming gas and secondary explosions at choke points all game is any higher game play. My wish: I'd get rid of shield, bacta, ES and jump packs altogether and make players really maneuver and fight.

^This. ES is certainly nothing to complain about especially compared to jump packers using a shield and sitting up on ledges and partner spawning the few times they get killed. You can go anywhere, escape with one button push or bubble up, and almost never get killed when in trouble-- what a pansy way to play. But you can't change it or argue that spamming gas and secondary explosions at choke points all game is any higher game play. My wish: I'd get rid of shield, bacta, ES and jump packs altogether and make players really maneuver and fight.

I am okay with the jump pack. I use it as a regular card on large maps. The maps are so big it takes forever to get around. I tired a round without the jump pack and I spent more time trying to get into position to attack an uplink than I did actual fighting.

Smaller maps I drop it and run barrage.
  • ROMG4 wrote: »

You

Is your fault[/quote
    You're probably one of those kids asking things to be your way.
  • I have never asked anything to be nerf or anything. Everytime there is a nerf or update i Learn and adapt to it unlike funny kids. Still owned.
  • Reasons the game is "dead"

III. Cheaters on PC.

+1

Like it ... Yes Most of the Whiners were and are BAD PC users ( IMHO there is no Good one)who Thankfully Ill Never deal with. Computers are for Work and Wikileaks not Wookies... Get a Consol Ashat! Also I joined post Nerfs most of them and just Whiners left and Right. I use Disruptor, Bacta, Shield, AS, ... I snipe Spawn Scouts and begin Firing and am Just as good if not better than any 50 level player. BUT I go for the OBJECTIVE. Oh and ES in Hero vs Villan... Yeah It is Awesome to use a Blaster pistol to take out any hero. The Game
    has reborn on Consol at least PS4 from most of my friends tell me. I Didn't play online the first year because of all the WHINEY Crybaby PC users but then it dawned on me that What they lack downstairs (and I do not mean in their mamas Basement) they make up for it Hacks, Tears and overall Suckiness of play... CONSOL RULES!!
    giphy.gif

Don't **** on the entire PC playerbase just because some of them are hackers. If people want to play on PC they should be able to do so without hackers ruining the game. And the nerfherders were on all the platforms.
  • ROMG4
    2049 posts Member
    Wallofman wrote: »
    ROMG4 wrote: »

You

Is your fault

that makes absolutely no sense. So you are saying we are at fault for killing the game because we played it the way it was intended? You might want to re-think your logic

You can choose to be a Cheese-Ball and be the Little Monkey EA's Executives expected you to be. and hide around Corners and the moment you find a Enemy Player, you Press 1+M1 for the easy kill

Or you can choose to be a good player and not do that. it's a simple choice

In all honesty, I do like the Game. it's a fun game sure it may lack content, has a Hacking problem and was abandoned after a year but I still play it as that stuff doesn't bother me enough

What bothers me is the Try-Hards they are the reason I am almost burned out from the game

Cargo was once the best mode in the game in my opinion. It was a simple enough objective that required Tactics and Team-Work with a objective different from the standard Holding E Down and than standing there or standing in a bloody circle. but the try hards have ruined it

Now all you will see is Corner-Scatters, Corner-Pulses, Panic Scatter Noobs (Immediately scatter you on sight), Shotgun users and Bodyguard try hards

But worst of all the bloody EE4

Basically it's a Cycle of Escalation, for example take this. you find a new player you kill him repeatedly with Explosive Shot than his Objective from then on will most likely be acquiring Explosive Shot or Personal Shield. than when his Explosive Shot or Shield fails him because he keeps dying so much from blah blah say Scatter, than his objective from than on will be to acquire Scatter I can go on but you get the picture

Same thing with Normal Players now most Players that aren't filthy Casuals won't go for the OHK. but depending on their Shield for that sort of stuff they eventually will, and when they break and use that stuff they meet others and do the same thing to them, it's a Viral pickup that never ends

And others just leave like I have done several times in the past. the only reason I have returned is because of Mods I was pretty much done for a month and a half

Ultimately it's all a result of people having no standards and breaking under pressure

Now of course you'll say blah, blah what you use? well for about the first 2 Months of the year give or take I used Nade, Cooling Cell and Scout Pistol. eventually after losing many games because it's a severe disadvantage I had to use the Classic Jump-Pack, Shield and Bacta though I set rules in place regarding their usage

Rolled with Berzerker for quite a bit but towards the end and my final return I rolled with Escape Artist and did very well without the crutches. only going back to berserker because I wanted to use Lower Damage weapons like DL-18 and because the Body-Guard resurgent trend was up and ready about 3 weeks ago

Though I have a feeling I will eventually go back to Escape Artist very soon
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread