criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Welcome to the Star Wars Battlefront Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Star Wars Battlefront and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Explosive Shot users

Prev1345
You are the worst. That is all.

Replies

• Thanks. :)
  • You are the worst. That is all.

Correct.
  • So true. I ran into one this morning. To make matters worse, he was using shock grenade as well.

I used to switch to ES myself when I run into these sorts of people, just to give them a taste of their own medicine. But I have since decided it is way better to kill them without, just to prove (at least in my own head) that they suck even with those crutches.
  • MWB33
    433 posts Member
    Agreed x 1,000,000
  • Stop using bacta and the personal shield and I'll stop using explosive shot. I usually use focus fire and cooling cell, but I use ES from time to time.
  • Explosive shot is one of the worst things in the game, even in its nerfed form. It's not only the increased damage but the splash damage it gives.
  • Explosive shot is one of the worst things in the game, even in its nerfed form. It's not only the increased damage but the splash damage it gives.
    and what's the worst part about it?
    Using or against I got no problems with it at all.
    Heroes and Villains get better/instant kill abilities and you guys are complaining about the good thing about being a trooper.
    It's not over powered it's just that good.
    What does DX in my name stand for?
  • +1

Even worse are explosive shot users desperately defending their crutch. Either admit you suck or stop using it. Fact: Nothing except sucking beyond belief at this game and being a complete POS warrants using this card.
  • parsec67 wrote: »
    +1

Even worse are explosive shot users desperately defending their crutch. Either admit you suck or stop using it. Fact: Nothing except sucking beyond belief at this game and being a complete POS warrants using this card.

Which cards do you use? Probably bacta and personal shield, right?
  • Different day, same crying over ES... It's in the game... get over it.. No amount of calling it a crutch will sooth your tears. lol
  • Explosive card is pretty awesome. I love when my gun looks orangish!
  • parsec67 wrote: »
    +1

+1
  • AaronM1978 wrote: »
    parsec67 wrote: »
    +1

+1

Seriously, people complain about half the charge cards in the game. Ion shot, Cooling cell, and focus fire are the only ones I haven't seen complaints about (and if enough people get good with the 19x and cooling cell I bet that'd be off this short list too). OH and stinger pistol. Forgot nobody complains about that.
  • Explosive shot is pretty bad. But what is very good is killing the noobs that sink to the level of using it.
  • Any star card can be a nuisance in this game. In one match you may see most of the enemy team using explosive shot, and in another it's personal shield. You may be in a match where you can't move anywhere due to dioxis all over the place or there could be grenades flying from all angles.

Just use the system you're given to fight it and don't limit yourself by being "morally opposed" to any card in the game. Your enemies won't give you the same consideration.
  • AaronM1978
    104 posts Member
    edited August 13
    Any star card can be a nuisance in this game. In one match you may see most of the enemy team using explosive shot, and in another it's personal shield. You may be in a match where you can't move anywhere due to dioxis all over the place or there could be grenades flying from all angles.

Just use the system you're given to fight it and don't limit yourself by being "morally opposed" to any card in the game. Your enemies won't give you the same consideration.

+1; If the game gives you a tool to use, use it. I'll use explosive shot to give bacta guards less opportunity to toss their bacta grenades. If there are a bunch of players using personal shields or I recognize someone that uses Krennnic a lot, I'll use ion shot or an ion grenade. If I need good long distance accuracy to suppress snipers, I'll use focus fire. The kit I carry depends on the threats I expect to face and the objective I need to assault.
    parsec67 wrote: »
    +1

Wrong. And, both bacta and PS can be dealt with by opponents by using e.g. scatter gun. There is no other single card or combo even close to the utter lameness of ES.
    Any star card can be a nuisance in this game. In one match you may see most of the enemy team using explosive shot, and in another it's personal shield. You may be in a match where you can't move anywhere due to dioxis all over the place or there could be grenades flying from all angles.

+1; If the game gives you a tool to use, use it. I'll use explosive shot to give bacta guards less opportunity to toss their bacta grenades. If there are a bunch of players using personal shields or I recognize someone that uses Krennnic a lot, I'll use ion shot or an ion grenade. If I need good long distance accuracy to suppress snipers, I'll use focus fire. The kit I carry depends on the threats I expect to face and the objective I need to assault.

There are collision detection glitches on some maps, you feel that this is okay to exploit too? Explosive shot is just a small notch below this in terms of lameness.
  • MWB33
    433 posts Member
    Multiple good points about ES. It's in the game, it's not leaving, and due to splash damage it really doesn't have a counter...so yes we have to deal with those that use it as their primary crutch. This is the internet though, so we will exercise our electronic rights to complain. :D B)

I believe we almost all can all agree on this point though...

If it were truly used as a situational solution, then no one would be that opposed to it. However, there is a RIDICULOUS number of people that spam the frak out of it.

We've all seen them. They spawn, and before the 2 seconds of spawn protection have worn off, or they even move, the blaster starts glowing. They run around everywhere with their beloved glowing hand protrusion. Then they die, use the partner hand refresh trick, spawn, and repeat. (Also, I've personally seen when it runs out, many of them run and hide while it refreshes. They're too scared to engage, and feel without apparel in game, when it's unavailable.)

The players that fit this description are just fraking clown shoes.
  • The other day I ran into a team that had literally four or five of their players all using explosive shot, so when you came around the corner one of them was there to send you flying with just one shot.
    PSN: DarthTindalus
    I am one with the Force and the Force is with me.
  • I own many people who uses explosive shoot. GG overheat.
  • I too dislike it when it is spammed on regular infantry however it is 100% required if you play extraction these days because you need all you can get to kill the heroes that don't belong there.
  • Any star card can be a nuisance in this game. In one match you may see most of the enemy team using explosive shot, and in another it's personal shield. You may be in a match where you can't move anywhere due to dioxis all over the place or there could be grenades flying from all angles.

Man! Could this game got any better?
  • I look forward to the class system. I really hope it brings more balance to Battlefront.
  • You are the worst. That is all.

what do you run?