criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Welcome to the Star Wars Battlefront Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Star Wars Battlefront and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

The Last Jedi Death Predictions

Something I always like to do when a new Star Wars film is coming out is speculate who will die in the movie. I'll just give a short idea on the fates of our favorite (or least favorite) characters in TLJ.

Rey: Definitely she'll live. I can see her probably living through the whole sequel trilogy.

Finn: I think Finn will end up alive at the end of TLJ, but I think he may be a captive in Snoke's grasp by the end of the film.

Poe: Poe will most likely live as well, but he is the most likely candidate of the "big three" to die in the movie.

Kylo: I think Kylo will live too, but he'll probably go out in IX.

Luke: Luke is safe, I'm sure, especially with Carrie Fisher's passing. I couldn't see them killing him off in what is basically his debut in the ST, since he only stared on in TFA.

Leia: I think Leia may die, even if it means some last minute editing in TLJ. I just think they'll do something in this film to account for her absence in IX, with Carrie's passing.

Chewbacca, C-3PO, R2-D2, and BB-8: Chewie and the droids (R2, BB-8, and 3PO) are the safest of the bunch in my opinion, because they don't need an actor to portray them (at least all but 3PO, although I'm sure there's at least one other actor out there who can do a very good portrayal of 3PO.

Snoke: Snoke will also probably make it out of this film too. I'm sure he'll live on to be the primary villain in IX.

Hux: I think Hux is the most likely to die of all the characters in TLJ. He doesn't have much of a part, even though he is the First Order's commander. I could see him going out as a test that Snoke may give to see how dark Ren is, by having him kill one of his allies. Although, I guess (inserted this in case no one here has seen TFA)
killing Han
may be enough to prove Ren to Snoke.

Phasma: Phasma may also be one that could die, although the push she's been receiving (her own novel and comic) may be a sign that she's going to have a larger role in TLJ.

Those are the main characters I think are worth mentioning here. I'd love to hear your thoughts about this subject too, though, so have at it!
PSN: DarthTindalus
I am one with the Force and the Force is with me.

Replies

• They said Leia would have a huge role in EP 9, and TLJ will not change after Carrie's unfortunate passing. I think Leia will make it out of TLJ alive, I don't know about her future though.

A fight between Finn and Phasma was confirmed in TLJ as well, Phasma may die there, but I don't think she will. She will most likely die in EP 9.
    I am the leader of the most powerful Droid Army the galaxy has ever seen!
    Army or not, you must realize you are doomed!
    Your lightsabers will make a fine addition to my collection.
    Is it murder to rid the galaxy of you Jedi filth?
    I've been trained in your Jedi Arts by Count Dooku!
    I've always been greater than you!
    Your screams are like music to my audioreceptors!
    This is a waste of my training, bring me more Jedi!
    I could do this with two... no... THREE arms tied behind my back!
    Jedi. You are surrounded. Your army is decimated. Make peace with the force, now. For this is your final hour. But know that I, General Grievous, am not completely without mercy. I will grant you a warrior's death. Prepare!
    Run, Jedi, run! You have only prolonged the inevitable.
    And so it ends. A valiant effort, but as you can see, ultimately futille. Now Jedi, prepare yourself, for you are about to leave this world.
    You will never defeat Grievous! NEVER!!!
  • They said Leia would have a huge role in EP 9, and TLJ will not change after Carrie's unfortunate passing. I think Leia will make it out of TLJ alive, I don't know about her future though.

A fight between Finn and Phasma was confirmed in TLJ as well, Phasma may die there, but I don't think she will. She will most likely die in EP 9.

Yes. I just hope they don't write Leia out of the story by having Poe or someone say to Luke or Rey, "Hey, Leia's gone off on a random mission!" And it'd be a bit wonky to have someone else play Leia, unless they look exactly like Carrie Fisher. I trust them to make the right choices though.

Yes, I could see one of the two being wounded in the fight though. I just don't know which.
  • I don't know why, but I don't think Rose will make it. We've barely seen or heard anything about her character thus far. Either she barely plays a part, or dies.

It's also quite obvious her sister will die since info is even more scarce on her.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    For my ally is The Force, and a powerful ally it is.
    59321e0c4db7a968718825.gif
  • Rey, Finn, Poe, Kylo, C-3PO, R2-D2, Chewie, BB-8, Rose: 100% chance of survival

Luke and Leia are maybes but I think they'll keep Luke around

DJ: I have a feeling he'll betray Finn and Rose to the first order and then get killed

Snoke: (According to leaks)
    Snoke's super star destroyer is reportedly blown up in the second act and he isn't seen anywhere in the third act. I think he'll survive to become the big bad of 9 (I need moar of those gold pyjamas in my life) but I'm not 100% sure

Hux: unsure but I'm leading towards dead

Phasma: 100% dead
    Wake me up when Knack 2 comes out
  • I don't know why, but I don't think Rose will make it. We've barely seen or heard anything about her character thus far. Either she barely plays a part, or dies.

It's also quite obvious her sister will die since info is even more scarce on her.

I forgot to mention Paige. Yes, she definitely seems like she's likely to be killed early on, probably in the space battle that'll take place early on in the film. I think her death would be the point that'd cause for Rose to join Finn on his special mission, kind of how his teammate's death helped him defect from the First Order in TFA.
    Rey, Finn, Poe, Kylo, C-3PO, R2-D2, Chewie, BB-8, Rose: 100% chance of survival

Luke and Leia are maybes but I think they'll keep Luke around

DJ: I have a feeling he'll betray Finn and Rose to the first order and then get killed

Snoke: (According to leaks)
    Snoke's super star destroyer is reportedly blown up in the second act and he isn't seen anywhere in the third act. I think he'll survive to become the big bad of 9 (I need moar of those gold pyjamas in my life) but I'm not 100% sure

Hux: unsure but I'm leading towards dead

Phasma: 100% dead

DJ is another I forgot to mention. I don't think he'll die, just because they've built him up so much and it seems as if he won't have a big part. Also, do you think the rumor that
    he's Boba Fett
    has any credence?
  • bfloo
    5536 posts Member
    Random Storm Trooper #6 is toast.
  • ROMG4
    1333 posts Member
    Phasma gets one big cool word scene and the standard walking past fire. before accidentally tripping on a hidden Vacuum Cleaner Plug (That may or may not have been disconnected by a certain Gungan) and falls into the fire and BURNS ALIVE

IN DA FIRE
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
  • If Luke dies, I will walk out of the goddamn theatre
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    If Luke dies, I will walk out of the goddamn theatre
    SAME.
    Jedi. You are surrounded. Your army is decimated. Make peace with the force, now. For this is your final hour. But know that I, General Grievous, am not completely without mercy. I will grant you a warrior's death. Prepare!
    And so it ends. A valiant effort, but as you can see, ultimately futille. Now Jedi, prepare yourself, for you are about to leave this world.
  • What! Phasma can't die! She's going to tell everyone who Rey's parents are and Snoke's identity when a blaster is put to her head in the second act.
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    If Luke dies, I will walk out of the goddamn theatre

He will probably die right at the end.
  • What! Phasma can't die! She's going to tell everyone who Rey's parents are and Snoke's identity when a blaster is put to her head in the second act.

I still can't believe she revealed how to disable the shields to Starkiller Base. She basically betrayed the First Order at that point. Some military commander they've got...
  • bfloo
    5536 posts Member
    What! Phasma can't die! She's going to tell everyone who Rey's parents are and Snoke's identity when a blaster is put to her head in the second act.

I still can't believe she revealed how to disable the shields to Starkiller Base. She basically betrayed the First Order at that point. Some military commander they've got...

She was very good at telling Storm Troopers to put their helmets on....
  • bfloo wrote: »
    What! Phasma can't die! She's going to tell everyone who Rey's parents are and Snoke's identity when a blaster is put to her head in the second act.

That she was.
  • The Phasma book comes out 1st of September, should learn more about her then.
  • There is a 67.5% chance of Luke's survival.
    Except he is on the Millenium Falcon which navigates through an asteroid field.
    Then it's low.
    Very low.
    Battlefront II has a 91.6% chance of success.
  • bfloo
    5536 posts Member
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    There is a 67.5% chance of Luke's survival.
    Then it's low.
    Very low.

If Mary Sue is flying the Falcon he'll be fine.
    Then it's low.
    Very low.

I honestly hope Rey doesn't get the Falcon. If anyone should get it, it's Chewie. If not him, then Lando.
    Then it's low.
    Very low.

I honestly hope Rey doesn't get the Falcon. If anyone should get it, it's Chewie. If not him, then Lando.

I can see an option that the Falcon could be destroyed in the following movies.
    Battlefront II has a 91.6% chance of success.
  • Cad_Bane
    1029 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

She's was a horrible character imo, a real let down
    Then it's low.
    Very low.

I'd rather they have their own ship that would be iconic to rey and the new crew, instead of taking something that's iconic to Han and the OT
    Then it's low.
    Very low.

Yeah, Chewie deserves it. Lando was confirmed not to be in TLJ, so that's a bummer.
  • DarthTindalus
    105 posts Member
    edited August 16
    Then it's low.
    Very low.

I can see an option that the Falcon could be destroyed in the following movies.

I could too. Am I the only one that feels like they'd get sad if the Falcon was "killed," almost as if it's its own character?
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Then it's low.
    Very low.

I'd rather they have their own ship that would be iconic to rey and the new crew, instead of taking something that's iconic to Han and the OT

I'd like to see them get a new ship. The only one we've really seen, though, is Poe's Black One, and the "big three" definitely aren't all fitting in that.
    Then it's low.
    Very low.

Yeah, Chewie deserves it. Lando was confirmed not to be in TLJ, so that's a bummer.

Yeah, it is. Hopefully Lando (and Wedge, but I doubt it) are in the films somehow, even if it's only a mention. They're too big not I mean, Lando wound up being a main character in TESB and ROTJ, and Wedge was the only Rebel pilot to survive both Death Star attacks.