criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Fondor is meh

Mastahpeece
1729 posts Member
edited August 2017
Fondor's space battle will be featured at gamescom, but is anyone actually excited about that battle? Does anyone remember hearing about that battle in the movies? Where is Endor, Scarif, Coruscant?

The battle of Endor is an iconic part of cinema and to me it is a terrible idea to prioritize a battle that nobody knows.

They are presenting the space battles as a big event and choosing a planet that does not create hype, great way to kill the hype.

And lastly, Battle of Fondor is a cheap copy of the battle of Scarif in smaller scale, Same type of shield and some capital ships, nothing original.

Walrus_pdp_screenhi_1920x1080_en_ww_CorvusFight_v1.jpg
PSN - Gingertom_ add me if you feel like it

i hate this game why am i here

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
uruzea55jgr4.png

Replies

• Don't think space battles is really much about the planet.

I like that they are bringing in a planet from canon that isn't in movies. As long as we get the iconic battles I'm fine with Fondor as a map.

Does seem like an odd choice for the beta but I'm guessing Fondor was just closest to completion.

• At least we have space battles in the game.
  • YouKnowWhoIAm
    114 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    Don't think space battles is really much about the planet.

It is when its such a heavily objective based game mode .

you think battle of endor , you think MULTIPLE capital ships for both sides with the rebels trying break into their defenses , its the ultimate battle for the galaxy , its the last one , all sides going at each other with everything they have , the emperor himself is present for crying out loud.

In the death star , there's the iconic trench run , that speaks for itself .

In scarif , you have another battle , again , with MULTIPLE capital ships for both sides , but with a different objective that is destroying the shield gate , so jyn can transmit the message , its either the first victory of the rebellion , or is a huge failure already on their first attack .

We just can't emmotionaly connect with lets say , the battle of fondor , and thats what im looking for on a SW product , to get emotionally satisfied .
  • Scariff space was beautiful. Meh to play though. Love the U wings, undoubtedly my favorite new ship in the star wars universe
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    Sorry for your loss, many people are excited
  • My loss? Oh I'm excited as hell. Took a week off work lol
  • And lastly, Battle of Fondor is a cheap copy of the battle of Scarif in smaller scale, Same type of shield and some capital ships, nothing original.

Isn't it a shipyard though and not a shield gate?
  • And lastly, Battle of Fondor is a cheap copy of the battle of Scarif in smaller scale, Same type of shield and some capital ships, nothing original.

Not really. If anything I'd wager this Battle of Fondor is much larger than Scarif.
    "In my book, experience outranks everything."
  • lowell
    257 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Fondor's space battle will be featured at gamescom, but is anyone actually excited about that battle? Does anyone remember hearing about that battle in the movies? Where is Endor, Scarif, Coruscant?

The battle of Endor is an iconic part of cinema and to me it is a terrible idea to prioritize a battle that nobody knows.

They are presenting the space battles as a big event and choosing a planet that does not create hype, great way to kill the hype.

And lastly, Battle of Fondor is a cheap copy of the battle of Scarif in smaller scale, Same type of shield and some capital ships, nothing original.

Walrus_pdp_screenhi_1920x1080_en_ww_CorvusFight_v1.jpg

The whole idea to expand from the Assault on Theed to this is because the canon is growing and the game is following in its journey so undoubtedly over time, you will see elements from movies followed by TV shows, other video games, books, comics, Galaxy's Edge, hotel, VR experiences, and original concepts in the game. I mean, even before the game came out, we have a tie-in novel geared up to help you anticipate to play the campaign. It's something to help get you through the waiting time. And also, a Space Endor map wasn't in Battlefront 2015 so it's on their mind and Scarif's DLC was lacking in representing the movie so their will be more Rogue One content. It will be paired with Rebels content probably in a "Birth of the Rebellion" Season DLC since Rebels is ending and Hera got mentioned in it along with appearances of Chopper on Yavin base and the Ghost docked there and in the battle along with Hammerhead corvettes from "A Princess on Lothal" and vice versa, Saw, Mon, death troopers, Dodonna, and the founding of the Alliance in Season 3 and U-Wings, Imperial combat tanks, Partisans forming & more in Season 4.
  • Does anyone wonder if the current generation of consoles even have the power to do something like The Battle of Endor justice at the same level of graphics as the rest of the game? I mean Battlefront is a gorgeous looking game, but there's only so much they can process at that level of detail. Keep in mind, by the time this game launches, both the PS4 and Xbox One will be four year old pieces of hardware.

Not trying to be pessimistic, but I really do wonder how much further they can push the current generation of consoles at this point.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • I could care less what planet they highlight gameplay on.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Trooper8059
    10190 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    They most likely chose it because of the campaign. Still, Fondor itself isn't too special of a planet, not even in Legends. It's largest contribution was it's construction of The Executor, but that has now been handed down to Kuat in canon.

If I had to choose a shipyard/driveyard battle, I'd have it at Kuat. Lots of interesting ways to play there alongside a unique structure.
    imagen3.jpg
    latest?cb=20160926055627
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Does anyone wonder if the current generation of consoles even have the power to do something like The Battle of Endor justice at the same level of graphics as the rest of the game? I mean Battlefront is a gorgeous looking game, but there's only so much they can process at that level of detail. Keep in mind, by the time this game launches, both the PS4 and Xbox One will be four year old pieces of hardware.

Not trying to be pessimistic, but I really do wonder how much further they can push the current generation of consoles at this point.

i really wish theyd dump the uber graphics so we could get more content. ... im assuming thats how it would work anyways. Theres a reason the originals still have a great following...
    But ofc, EA dont really care about that..
    Offline multiplayer with bots for all maps, with co-op and AI Heroes. #singleplayersmatter #soloplayersmatter
  • Gothic_Mando
    1752 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    A space battle is a space battle, unless youre asking for unique mechanics like taking down the 2nd death star i dont see how it really matters if its Endor, Fondor or **** Mountain. If the first game taught us anything, its that 'iconic' didnt really matter in the long run.
    star_wars_battlefront_outer_rim-600x373.jpg
    Offline multiplayer with bots for all maps, with co-op and AI Heroes. #singleplayersmatter #soloplayersmatter
  • ROMG4
    2049 posts Member
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    Scariff space was beautiful. Meh to play though. Love the U wings, undoubtedly my favorite new ship in the star wars universe

It was. The Lighting and everything in that map looked so cool

Than you realize it's full of nothing but recycled debris and Random appearing and exploding Rebel ships

CURSE YOU EA AND YOUR TIME RESTRICTIONS!
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava

https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First

Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."

The OOM-9 Thread

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    Don't think space battles is really much about the planet.

It is when its such a heavily objective based game mode .

you think battle of endor , you think MULTIPLE capital ships for both sides with the rebels trying break into their defenses , its the ultimate battle for the galaxy , its the last one , all sides going at each other with everything they have , the emperor himself is present for crying out loud.

In the death star , there's the iconic trench run , that speaks for itself .

In scarif , you have another battle , again , with MULTIPLE capital ships for both sides , but with a different objective that is destroying the shield gate , so jyn can transmit the message , its either the first victory of the rebellion , or is a huge failure already on their first attack .

We just can't emmotionaly connect with lets say , the battle of fondor , and thats what im looking for on a SW product , to get emotionally satisfied .
    There can still be multiple capital ships on Fondor.
    And just because Fondor is a planet doesn't mean a movie planet won't be included. There aren't many space battles TBH.

-Battle over Naboo
    -Battle over Coruscant
    -Battle over Endor
    -Battle over Scarif

In atmosphere:
    -Battle of Takodana (kinda)
    -Battle of Starkiller Base
    -Battle of Yavin

7 planets is doable especially since you don't have to remake capital ship models everytime.
    Putting that in to Eras:
    -2 Prequel
    -3 Original
    -2 New

Lacking in all eras.
    Again, I understand that it is a bit odd picking Fondor as the beta planet. I assume they have good reasoning behind it.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Does anyone wonder if the current generation of consoles even have the power to do something like The Battle of Endor justice at the same level of graphics as the rest of the game? I mean Battlefront is a gorgeous looking game, but there's only so much they can process at that level of detail. Keep in mind, by the time this game launches, both the PS4 and Xbox One will be four year old pieces of hardware.

Space battles are mostly, well, empty space

Compared to say Jakku (ships) or Kamino (rain) to bring down FPS.
  • Don't forget the trench run @EvazanJr
  • Don't forget the trench run @EvazanJr
    Battle of Yavin was the Trench Run.

• Sorry Repost cuz of approval thing.
    @YouKnowWhoIAm
    There can still be multiple capital ships on Fondor.
    And just because Fondor is a planet doesn't mean a movie planet won't be included. There aren't many space battles TBH.

-Battle over Naboo
    -Battle over Coruscant
    -Battle over Endor
    -Battle over Scarif

In atmosphere:
    -Battle of Takodana (Kinda)
    -Battle of Starkiller Base
    -Battle of Yavin

7 planets is doable especially since you don't have to remake capital ship models everytime.
    Putting that in to Eras:
    -2 Prequel
    -3 Original
    -2 New

Lacking in all eras.
    Again, I understand that it is a bit odd picking Fondor as the beta planet. I assume they have good reasoning behind it.

Isn't it a shipyard though and not a shield gate?

Yes it is a shipyard