criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Hero Priorities

The idea that Anakin and other staple characters will not make the cut is nonsensical. There should have been a clear plan set out for which characters are the most important and used that hierarchy to decide which to create first.

This is a list of heroes based on importance for the first three spots (minimum expectation at launch):

PT Villains:
1. Sidious
2. Dooku
3. Grievous

PT Heroes:
1. Anakin
2. Obi Wan
3. Padme

OT Heroes:
1. Luke Skywalker
2. Leia Organa
3. Han Solo

OT Villains:
1. Vader
2. Palpatine
3. Boba Fett

ST Villains:
7. Kylo Ten
8. General Hux
9. Captain Phasma

ST Heroes:
1. Rey
2. Finn
3. Poe Dameron

Replies

  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    YES! This is the ideal and what should be obvious choices. Main characters of each era first. I would replace sidious with maul though, other than that your list is perfect imo
  • Master_Cunha
    4562 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    YES! This is the ideal and what should be obvious choices. Main characters of each era first. I would replace sidious with maul though, other than that your list is perfect imo

    Sidious is the main Villain of the prequels and the only one in all three films. Maul would probably be four and Jango five just because of his clone wars appearances.

    I would rather ahsoka over padme but I can't deny that padme is a bigger character.
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    YES! This is the ideal and what should be obvious choices. Main characters of each era first. I would replace sidious with maul though, other than that your list is perfect imo

    Sidious is the main Villain of the prequels and the only one in all three films. Maul would probably be four and Jango five just because of his clone wars appearances.

    I would rather ahsoka over padme but I can't deny that padme is a bigger character.

    I agree with your point but they wouldn't do that if palps is in the OT era as a villain
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    YES! This is the ideal and what should be obvious choices. Main characters of each era first. I would replace sidious with maul though, other than that your list is perfect imo

    Sidious is the main Villain of the prequels and the only one in all three films. Maul would probably be four and Jango five just because of his clone wars appearances.

    I would rather ahsoka over padme but I can't deny that padme is a bigger character.

    I agree with your point but they wouldn't do that if palps is in the OT era as a villain

    Then Maul would be there as well but both must be in the era.
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    YES! This is the ideal and what should be obvious choices. Main characters of each era first. I would replace sidious with maul though, other than that your list is perfect imo

    Sidious is the main Villain of the prequels and the only one in all three films. Maul would probably be four and Jango five just because of his clone wars appearances.

    I would rather ahsoka over padme but I can't deny that padme is a bigger character.

    I agree with your point but they wouldn't do that if palps is in the OT era as a villain

    Then Maul would be there as well but sidious must be in the era.

  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    Nice list, it doesn't change anything
  • Danxoln wrote: »
    Nice list, it doesn't change anything

    What's your point?

    This is me expressing how heroes should be developed.
  • I like that Maul and Yoda were prioritized

    But I think Anakin, Obi-Wan, Dooku and Jango should definitely be in the game.

  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    I like that Maul and Yoda were prioritized

    But I think Anakin, Obi-Wan, Dooku and Jango should definitely be in the game.

    There were either no priorities or the priorities were wrong.
  • Darth Maul (fan favorite and very cool villain) is in my opinion a very good choice and I prefer Ahsoka over Padmé. She should come together with Anakin. Furthermore, I only expect Darth Maul and Yoda as well as Rey and Kylo at launch.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

  • The idea that Anakin and other staple characters will not make the cut is nonsensical. There should have been a clear plan set out for which characters are the most important and used that hierarchy to decide which to create first.

    This is a list of heroes based on importance for the first three spots (minimum expectation at launch):

    PT Villains:
    1. Sidious
    2. Dooku
    3. Grievous

    PT Heroes:
    1. Anakin
    2. Obi Wan
    3. Padme

    OT Heroes:
    1. Luke Skywalker
    2. Leia Organa
    3. Han Solo

    OT Villains:
    1. Vader
    2. Palpatine
    3. Boba Fett

    ST Villains:
    7. Kylo Ten
    8. General Hux
    9. Captain Phasma

    ST Heroes:
    1. Rey
    2. Finn
    3. Poe Dameron

    Dice would disagree
  • Darth Maul (fan favorite and very cool villain) is in my opinion a very good choice and I prefer Ahsoka over Padmé. She should come together with Anakin. Furthermore, I only expect Darth Maul and Yoda as well as Rey and Kylo at launch.

    I would also prefer Ahsoka over Padme however I can accept the lists above is truely the most important characters.

    I also think only 4 new heroes as you expect would be incredibly disappointing.
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    YES! This is the ideal and what should be obvious choices. Main characters of each era first. I would replace sidious with maul though, other than that your list is perfect imo

    Sidious is the main Villain of the prequels and the only one in all three films. Maul would probably be four and Jango five just because of his clone wars appearances.

    I would rather ahsoka over padme but I can't deny that padme is a bigger character.

    He is the main villain, but he just can't fight against clones on the droids side. It just wouldn't work. It would feel weird.
    Other than that I agree with your list.
    But characters like Maul or Yoda are more popular, so they can sell their game better if they include them first.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Whodunnit wrote: »
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    YES! This is the ideal and what should be obvious choices. Main characters of each era first. I would replace sidious with maul though, other than that your list is perfect imo

    Sidious is the main Villain of the prequels and the only one in all three films. Maul would probably be four and Jango five just because of his clone wars appearances.

    I would rather ahsoka over padme but I can't deny that padme is a bigger character.

    He is the main villain, but he just can't fight against clones on the droids side. It just wouldn't work. It would feel weird.
    Other than that I agree with your list.
    But characters like Maul or Yoda are more popular, so they can sell their game better if they include them first.

    Yes they can give palpatine a lightsaber and letem kill clones it doesn't feel weird just try it. Don't lose the opportunity to fight yoda again as the emporer it's been too long for me
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    I like that Maul and Yoda were prioritized

    But I think Anakin, Obi-Wan, Dooku and Jango should definitely be in the game.

    There were either no priorities or the priorities were wrong.
    Maul (especially how Dice made him with his speed) is much cooler and unique than dooku or Palpatine (Of course Grevious is better but he is tough).

    Obi-Wan, Anakin and Luke are similar when compared to Yoda. Yes they can be made unique and I have no doubt dice could but not as far as they could make Yoda.
  • WhiteWolf28
    84 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    The idea that Anakin and other staple characters will not make the cut is nonsensical. There should have been a clear plan set out for which characters are the most important and used that hierarchy to decide which to create first.

    This is a list of heroes based on importance for the first three spots (minimum expectation at launch):

    PT Villains:
    1. Sidious
    2. Dooku
    3. Grievous

    PT Heroes:
    1. Anakin
    2. Obi Wan
    3. Padme

    OT Heroes:
    1. Luke Skywalker
    2. Leia Organa
    3. Han Solo

    OT Villains:
    1. Vader
    2. Palpatine
    3. Boba Fett

    ST Villains:
    7. Kylo Ten
    8. General Hux
    9. Captain Phasma

    ST Heroes:
    1. Rey
    2. Finn
    3. Poe Dameron

    I REALLY like this list. But do bear in mind this highly depends on what you consider "importance". You see, I completely agree with your list if we're going by in-universe importance. However, another approach that maybe DICE might take is more of a "uniqueness" approach. What do I mean about this? Forget for a second the relevance of a character in-universe. What brings the most variety to the heroes in the game?

    Why was Yoda chosen over, say, Anakin? Same goes for Maul over Dooku. Because they are both very visually unique. Yoda for obvious reasons. His small stature, alien physiology, green skin and tiny green lightsaber. Maul for his red and black tattoos, and his double bladed red lightsaber. Also his really quick and acrobatic combat style. I think this is something that should also be considered. By this logic, characters like General Grieovus would take priority over Dooku. And Ahsoka over Padme. Obviously everyone has their own preferences, but this is something that should at least be considered when speculating. The only exception to this, in my opinion, would be the big three. Luke, Leia and Han.

    And one more thing, I really doubt we'll be seeing Sidious in the game. Prequels Sidious I mean, the Emperor is almost a given in my mind. I just have a feeling that if the Emperor is in the game then there's no need to have Sidious in the prequels.
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    I like that Maul and Yoda were prioritized

    But I think Anakin, Obi-Wan, Dooku and Jango should definitely be in the game.

    There were either no priorities or the priorities were wrong.
    Maul (especially how Dice made him with his speed) is much cooler and unique than dooku or Palpatine (Of course Grevious is better but he is tough).

    Obi-Wan, Anakin and Luke are similar when compared to Yoda. Yes they can be made unique and I have no doubt dice could but not as far as they could make Yoda.

    Are we talking about the same Dooku and Palp here? The ones with lightsabers, force lightning, force choke, force push, pull, lifting objects and so on, and the same Maul who had ... um, acrobatics in the movie?
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    Danxoln wrote: »
    Nice list, it doesn't change anything

    What's your point?

    This is me expressing how heroes should be developed.

    My point is exactly what I said...it won't change anything for this coming game...
  • Danxoln wrote: »
    Danxoln wrote: »
    Nice list, it doesn't change anything

    What's your point?

    This is me expressing how heroes should be developed.

    My point is exactly what I said...it won't change anything for this coming game...

    ...just like 97.6% of the threads here?
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    Danxoln wrote: »
    Danxoln wrote: »
    Nice list, it doesn't change anything

    What's your point?

    This is me expressing how heroes should be developed.

    My point is exactly what I said...it won't change anything for this coming game...

    ...just like 97.6% of the threads here?

    Hey K2 would you like to tell us the odds of the developers reading these forums and considering our suggestions?
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    Danxoln wrote: »
    Danxoln wrote: »
    Nice list, it doesn't change anything

    What's your point?

    This is me expressing how heroes should be developed.

    My point is exactly what I said...it won't change anything for this coming game...

    ...just like 97.6% of the threads here?

    Hey K2 would you like to tell us the odds of the developers reading these forums and considering our suggestions?

    BAAAAHAHAHA
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    Danxoln wrote: »
    Danxoln wrote: »
    Nice list, it doesn't change anything

    What's your point?

    This is me expressing how heroes should be developed.

    My point is exactly what I said...it won't change anything for this coming game...

    ...just like 97.6% of the threads here?

    Hey K2 would you like to tell us the odds of the developers reading these forums and considering our suggestions?
    Well I believe @ThePoolshark has stated that the devs do read the forums.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    Danxoln wrote: »
    Danxoln wrote: »
    Nice list, it doesn't change anything

    What's your point?

    This is me expressing how heroes should be developed.

    My point is exactly what I said...it won't change anything for this coming game...

    ...just like 97.6% of the threads here?

    Hey K2 would you like to tell us the odds of the developers reading these forums and considering our suggestions?
    Well I believe @ThePoolshark has stated that the devs do read the forums.

    They watch over us. And judge upon I and thee.

    (Although they probably look down on me in annoyance and I don't blame 'em)
    We're finally getting the High Ground man! Wooooooooo!
  • Piscettios
    5814 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    There should have been a clear plan set out for which characters are the most important and used that hierarchy to decide which to create first.

    So you're implying there wasn't a clear cut plan, just because it doesn't gel with your wants and expectations?

    Each characters level of importance is subjective. Take the many varing opinions around here for example. I for one, could care less if Anakin makes the cut.

    This is their work and creative vision, take it or leave it.



    Post edited by Piscettios on
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • I agree with this list, except, as mentioned, with Sidious. I think they should combine the traits of both PT and OT Palpatine into one hero: give him either one or two lightsabers and then make his lightning an ability, give him the spinning ability, and then add a third, and you're all set. That way both versions of him are present without sacrificing one open slot.

    I also agree with @WhiteWolf28. DICE will most likely choose the characters with more interesting playstyles than their importance to the films. As he said, Grievous and Maul are both unique heroes, with Grievous having four arms and four lightsabers and Maul with his speed and dual-sided lightsaber. However, I still think that your list is very good. I would say, though, that Yoda should be on the list, just because of his importance to the saga as a whole. He isn't one of the "big three" in either trilogy, but he is still in the top ten most important characters of the saga. Moreso than people like Padme, I believe.
    In my book, experience outranks everything.
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    There should have been a clear plan set out for which characters are the most important and used that hierarchy to decide which to create first.

    So you're implying there wasn't a clear cut plan, just because it doesn't gel with your wants and expectations?

    Each characters level of importance is subjective. Take the many varing opinions around here for example. I for one, could care less if Anakin makes the cut.

    This is their work and creative vision, take it or leave it.



    We are the consumers. Our opinions are what matter. Without us they would have nothing to create. The game is a money scheme so what the consumer thinks is most important.
  • I agree with this list, except, as mentioned, with Sidious. I think they should combine the traits of both PT and OT Palpatine into one hero: give him either one or two lightsabers and then make his lightning an ability, give him the spinning ability, and then add a third, and you're all set. That way both versions of him are present without sacrificing one open slot.

    I also agree with @WhiteWolf28. DICE will most likely choose the characters with more interesting playstyles than their importance to the films. As he said, Grievous and Maul are both unique heroes, with Grievous having four arms and four lightsabers and Maul with his speed and dual-sided lightsaber. However, I still think that your list is very good. I would say, though, that Yoda should be on the list, just because of his importance to the saga as a whole. He isn't one of the "big three" in either trilogy, but he is still in the top ten most important characters of the saga. Moreso than people like Padme, I believe.

    Ot and pt Palpatine are the same. Lightsabers and lightening.
  • This is not my opinion. This list is based off screen time. There are other characters I would like to see and I don't really want padme at all. However this is the most sensible route that dice should have taken for the base game. Once the essentials are there, then let the community choose their favourites like maul, yoda, ahsoka.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »
    There should have been a clear plan set out for which characters are the most important and used that hierarchy to decide which to create first.

    So you're implying there wasn't a clear cut plan, just because it doesn't gel with your wants and expectations?

    Each characters level of importance is subjective. Take the many varing opinions around here for example. I for one, could care less if Anakin makes the cut.

    This is their work and creative vision, take it or leave it.



    We are the consumers. Our opinions are what matter. Without us they would have nothing to create. The game is a money scheme so what the consumer thinks is most important.

    We would like to think our opinions matter, but why should the developers care that much? Only one studio has the rights to make battlefront so if you want battlefront this game will be your only choice. It isn't like some other studio can say "hey let's make a better game and listen to what the community wants." so sadly I really wonder how much our opinions matter cause the game will sell regardless
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »
    There should have been a clear plan set out for which characters are the most important and used that hierarchy to decide which to create first.

    So you're implying there wasn't a clear cut plan, just because it doesn't gel with your wants and expectations?

    Each characters level of importance is subjective. Take the many varing opinions around here for example. I for one, could care less if Anakin makes the cut.

    This is their work and creative vision, take it or leave it.



    We are the consumers. Our opinions are what matter. Without us they would have nothing to create. The game is a money scheme so what the consumer thinks is most important.

    We would like to think our opinions matter, but why should the developers care that much? Only one studio has the rights to make battlefront so if you want battlefront this game will be your only choice. It isn't like some other studio can say "hey let's make a better game and listen to what the community wants." so sadly I really wonder how much our opinions matter cause the game will sell regardless

    It is only going to sell because there will be vast improvements from the last game.
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    There should have been a clear plan set out for which characters are the most important and used that hierarchy to decide which to create first.

    So you're implying there wasn't a clear cut plan, just because it doesn't gel with your wants and expectations?

    Each characters level of importance is subjective. Take the many varing opinions around here for example. I for one, could care less if Anakin makes the cut.

    This is their work and creative vision, take it or leave it.



    We are the consumers. Our opinions are what matter. Without us they would have nothing to create. The game is a money scheme so what the consumer thinks is most important.

    +1
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • This is not my opinion. This list is based off screen time. There are other characters I would like to see and I don't really want padme at all. However this is the most sensible route that dice should have taken for the base game. Once the essentials are there, then let the community choose their favourites like maul, yoda, ahsoka.

    Oh, alright. I understand.
    In my book, experience outranks everything.
  • I think Danny Devito should be a Jedi hero choice. Just saying.
  • bfloo
    15001 posts Member
    I think Danny Devito should be a Jedi hero choice. Just saying.

    Can Joe Pesci be the off-setting villain?
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    Danxoln wrote: »
    Danxoln wrote: »
    Nice list, it doesn't change anything

    What's your point?

    This is me expressing how heroes should be developed.

    My point is exactly what I said...it won't change anything for this coming game...

    ...just like 97.6% of the threads here?

    Hey K2 would you like to tell us the odds of the developers reading these forums and considering our suggestions?

    It's low.
    Very low.
    Clear of hostiles.
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    Danxoln wrote: »
    Danxoln wrote: »
    Nice list, it doesn't change anything

    What's your point?

    This is me expressing how heroes should be developed.

    My point is exactly what I said...it won't change anything for this coming game...

    ...just like 97.6% of the threads here?

    Hey K2 would you like to tell us the odds of the developers reading these forums and considering our suggestions?
    Well I believe @ThePoolshark has stated that the devs do read the forums.

    One hostile!
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Whodunnit wrote: »
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    Danxoln wrote: »
    Danxoln wrote: »
    Nice list, it doesn't change anything

    What's your point?

    This is me expressing how heroes should be developed.

    My point is exactly what I said...it won't change anything for this coming game...

    ...just like 97.6% of the threads here?

    Hey K2 would you like to tell us the odds of the developers reading these forums and considering our suggestions?

    It's low.
    Very low.
    Clear of hostiles.
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    Danxoln wrote: »
    Danxoln wrote: »
    Nice list, it doesn't change anything

    What's your point?

    This is me expressing how heroes should be developed.

    My point is exactly what I said...it won't change anything for this coming game...

    ...just like 97.6% of the threads here?

    Hey K2 would you like to tell us the odds of the developers reading these forums and considering our suggestions?
    Well I believe @ThePoolshark has stated that the devs do read the forums.

    One hostile!

    I find your lack of faith disturbing...
    In my book, experience outranks everything.
  • Whodunnit wrote: »
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    Danxoln wrote: »
    Danxoln wrote: »
    Nice list, it doesn't change anything

    What's your point?

    This is me expressing how heroes should be developed.

    My point is exactly what I said...it won't change anything for this coming game...

    ...just like 97.6% of the threads here?

    Hey K2 would you like to tell us the odds of the developers reading these forums and considering our suggestions?

    It's low.
    Very low.
    Clear of hostiles.
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    Danxoln wrote: »
    Danxoln wrote: »
    Nice list, it doesn't change anything

    What's your point?

    This is me expressing how heroes should be developed.

    My point is exactly what I said...it won't change anything for this coming game...

    ...just like 97.6% of the threads here?

    Hey K2 would you like to tell us the odds of the developers reading these forums and considering our suggestions?
    Well I believe @ThePoolshark has stated that the devs do read the forums.

    One hostile!

    I find your lack of faith disturbing...

    I wonder if your feelings on this matter are clear..
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Whodunnit wrote: »
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    Danxoln wrote: »
    Danxoln wrote: »
    Nice list, it doesn't change anything

    What's your point?

    This is me expressing how heroes should be developed.

    My point is exactly what I said...it won't change anything for this coming game...

    ...just like 97.6% of the threads here?

    Hey K2 would you like to tell us the odds of the developers reading these forums and considering our suggestions?

    It's low.
    Very low.
    Clear of hostiles.
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    Danxoln wrote: »
    Danxoln wrote: »
    Nice list, it doesn't change anything

    What's your point?

    This is me expressing how heroes should be developed.

    My point is exactly what I said...it won't change anything for this coming game...

    ...just like 97.6% of the threads here?

    Hey K2 would you like to tell us the odds of the developers reading these forums and considering our suggestions?
    Well I believe @ThePoolshark has stated that the devs do read the forums.

    One hostile!

    I find your lack of faith disturbing...

    I wonder if your feelings on this matter are clear..

    Not clear...not clear...
    In my book, experience outranks everything.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!