criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

CAPITAL SHIPS

xpek
71 posts Member
It gives me the feeling that we will not be able to enter the capital ships again ... Anyone know anything about this?

Replies

• No. We will have to wait until the stream. I really hope so or space battles will be disappointing.
  • xpek
    71 posts Member
    No. We will have to wait until the stream. I really hope so or space battles will be disappointing.

I can not imagine the ship for example of darth maul landing in a capital ship and leaving it with darth maul
  • Brace for disappointment.

I am fine with making space battles purely fighter experience but I do want to see capital ships use their cannons and stuff. Perhaps as reinforcement class?

• xpek wrote: »
    No. We will have to wait until the stream. I really hope so or space battles will be disappointing.

I can not imagine the ship for example of darth maul landing in a capital ship and leaving it with darth maul

Why?
  • HeavyTeemu wrote: »
    Brace for disappointment.

I am fine with making space battles purely fighter experience but I do want to see capital ships use their cannons and stuff. Perhaps as reinforcement class?

Definitely need capital ships to offer a threat through turrets etc. to make them feel like less of a large object and more like a behemoth.
    It gives me the feeling that we will not be able to enter the capital ships again ... Anyone know anything about this?

I am afraid of that Space Battles will be FS in Space and "boarding capitals" will be the 2nd stage of this stage mode...
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

I am afraid of that Space Battles will be FS in Space and "boarding capitals" will be the 2nd stage of this stage mode...

That would be awful.
  • It would be cool to be able to man turrets in a capital ship, towards taking out pesky fighters, defending against incoming missiles, and attacking enemy capital ship. But, turrets can also be destroyed, eventually forcing players back into their fighters.
  • Laser921
    1871 posts Member
    Even though the onboard ship combat in pandemic BF2 was the same with all factions, I was fun fo take a commando squad onboard a star destroyer
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • xpek
    71 posts Member
    It seems that he was wrong, now that it has all the look that we will be able to enter inside.

https://gyazo.com/3b119ff08acce9690a325310feeb7b64
  • Learn to fly?

I hope it's not another low-res cutscene.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • lowell
    1009 posts Member
    I wonder if this will be like Thane and the rebels at Jakku in Lost Stars or like the Harbinger at the Blockade of Tureen VII in the Marvel Star Wars comic. It would be good to see ships flying into the overloading reactor of a Star Destroyer like Luke did.

Mixing those 2 in any way (via phases or board-able capital ships) makes me frown.

Fighter Squadron was boring because bad flight mechanics and it was basically one game mode which just happened to be one of the most boring ones... deathmatch.
    If they add clear objectives like take out shields/life support/engine then it gets interesting.
    With new flying mechanics I have high hopes for fighter gameplay. Lets hope they deliver.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    x
    HeavyTeemu wrote: »
    xpek wrote: »

Mixing those 2 in any way (via phases or board-able capital ships) makes me frown.

Fighter Squadron was boring because bad flight mechanics and it was basically one game mode which just happened to be one of the most boring ones... deathmatch.
    If they add clear objectives like take out shields/life support/engine then it gets interesting.
    With new flying mechanics I have high hopes for fighter gameplay. Lets hope they deliver.

We need these objectives, otherwise bombers wouldn't make sense in Space Battles. And imagine how awesome it would be to board with General Grievous a Republic cruiser or vice versa with Anakin.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png