criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Community Transmission

Rebel Heavy Trooper

Is this where their design came from?

qaYFXJR.jpg

The guy on the left is on the cover of BF2, the dudes on the left are Bail Organa's Bodyguards from The Force Unleashed (Wii, PS2 and PSP versions only).

It'd be cool if this was actually the case.
We're finally getting the High Ground man! Wooooooooo!

Replies

• You said the same thing on Reddit :D. And it does really look like they took inspiration from them.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • You said the same thing on Reddit :D. And it does really look like they took inspiration from them.

I often cross-post on here and Reddit now. Just to get a more diverse response since not everyone's on both sites.
  • I don't see it. Like with the heavy B1, it looks like they just changed some color palettes and added a backpack.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • I don't see it. Like with the heavy B1, it looks like they just changed some color palettes and added a backpack.

It's not just a simple palette swap tho.

The Assault Rebels just wear the standard blue shirt and black vest. These guys are wearing jackets/coats instead.
  • Maybe, though it's also entirely possible they could have just taken the rebel soldier from A New Hope and made them look more "Heavy". Give them a backpack, padded clothes, pouches/bags, a large vest and brown coloring instead of the blue/grey coloring and BOOM! You got yourself a heavy!

In essence, no, I don't think it was direct inspiration. I think these two designs came out of the same thought process however. (taking the already iconic Rebel Trooper design and modifying it to the needs of the story)

It's not just a simple palette swap tho.

The Assault Rebels just wear the standard blue shirt and black vest. These guys are wearing jackets/coats instead.

I still see a vest on top of it. You can see it a bit better if you mess with some lighting options.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Laser921
    1969 posts Member
    I just want a rebel with some battle armor
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force