criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Lightsaber modes

lowell
1009 posts Member
Maul's original skin (TPM) should have a one-blade mode (duel with Qui-Gon on Tatooine) or two-blade mode (regular form). The TCW Maul should just always have one-blade, except for Savage who can be like Maul's two options for TPM. Maul in Rebels would also be like his TPM form and a also a cane-walking form in case he just wants to rely on the force. This is just talking about customizing preferences for players. More characters would be the Inquisitors, with their double-bladed spinning lightsaber, there are some distinct choices: crescent mode (one blade), regular mode (two blades), Grand Inquistor's (force disc release), Eighth Brother's (saw ring), and flying mode.

Replies

• I like this but I don't think costumes should have an effect on how the lightsabers work, TCW maul should have his double bladed lightsaber at all times, to ignite both blades at will. Why limit the fun?

Also they should let maul have his inquisitor saber from rebels, it looks ornate.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• lowell
    1009 posts Member
    DeFaLt17 wrote: »
    I like this but I don't think costumes should have an effect on how the lightsabers work, TCW maul should have his double bladed lightsaber at all times, to ignite both blades at will. Why limit the fun?

Also they should let maul have his inquisitor saber from rebels, it looks ornate.

Actually for Maul's TCW look, he had cyborg legs but only half of his lightsaber since the other part was missing somehow when Savage found him on Lotho Minor.
  • lowell wrote: »
    I like this but I don't think costumes should have an effect on how the lightsabers work, TCW maul should have his double bladed lightsaber at all times, to ignite both blades at will. Why limit the fun?

Actually for Maul's TCW look, he had cyborg legs but only half of his lightsaber since the other part was missing somehow when Savage found him on Lotho Minor.

Yes I know how the story goes, but that would just be another skin in the game. I don't think skins should affect the actually game experience. If anything Mauls lightsaber that was cut should be a customization option.
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• lowell
    1009 posts Member
    lowell wrote: »

Yes I know how the story goes, but that would just be another skin in the game. I don't think skins should affect the actually game experience. If anything Mauls lightsaber that was cut should be a customization option.

It depends what version of Maul players would want to play and I mean, he didn't learn any new abilities. All of what he knows from TPM and his comic and further back are still in his brain so the moves he used in the series are just untold. I mean, I guess we could have a map of the Battle of Ord Mantell or Sundari or Zanbar or the Second Battle of Dathomir with the Shadow Collective he built up. But if that content would be released in a TCW Part 2 Season DLC, players would want a TCW Maul skin similar to how TLJ has Rey and Kylo's skin, (Finn and Phasma skins unconfirmed beside their TFA look as the main appearance). But after all, we haven't seen how skins would look or work yet, so we could just wait until launch to speculate. Maul in Rebels is the same, he possibly hasn't learn anything new unless he discovered things not shown in Twilight of the Aprprentice or S3. It depends on what the Story Group, Dave Filoni, the Lucasfilm Games Team want Maul to have in the game.
  • lowell wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »

It depends what version of Maul players would want to play and I mean, he didn't learn any new abilities. All of what he knows from TPM and his comic and further back are still in his brain so the moves he used in the series are just untold. I mean, I guess we could have a map of the Battle of Ord Mantell or Sundari or Zanbar or the Second Battle of Dathomir with the Shadow Collective he built up. But if that content would be released in a TCW Part 2 Season DLC, players would want a TCW Maul skin similar to how TLJ has Rey and Kylo's skin, (Finn and Phasma skins unconfirmed beside their TFA look as the main appearance). But after all, we haven't seen how skins would look or work yet, so we could just wait until launch to speculate. Maul in Rebels is the same, he possibly hasn't learn anything new unless he discovered things not shown in Twilight of the Aprprentice or S3. It depends on what the Story Group, Dave Filoni, the Lucasfilm Games Team want Maul to have in the game.

I mean its quite obvious how the skins would work, its the same character but with different clothing, the way they play & their abilities will remain unchanged but the physical appearance remains the same.

Doesn't look like maul learned anything while in hiding tbh. He's just a monster with a lust for revenge and power.

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Alex64
    7036 posts Member
    This is a shooter
  • lowell
    1009 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Alex64 wrote: »
    This is a shooter

Well, it is but it is also a Star Wars game so besides soldiers, smugglers, mercenaries, there are Jedis and Siths and other dark siders leading the conflicts, turning the tides of war. And I haven't seen Maul with a blaster so it would be odd to see him in the game holding one. And force users with blasters I've seen so far: Luke and Kanan (DL-18), Ezra (DL-44)/(his first saber-lightsaber blaster hybrid), Rey (NN-14).
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    This is a shooter

Then why are there characters based around magic and melee entanglements with laser swords?

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Alex64
    7036 posts Member
    This is a shooter

Then why are there characters based around magic and melee entanglements with laser swords?

They are heroes "special people" so everyone else are ordinary people "troopers"
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    This is a shooter

They are heroes "special people" so everyone else are ordinary people "troopers"

This game doubles as a lightsaber slaughter simulator though B)

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• DeFaLt17 wrote: »
    This is a shooter

Why I buy battlefront games
  • Alex64
    7036 posts Member
    This is a shooter

Why I buy battlefront games

Why we dye our hair? Why we use Shampoo?
    It's Life!