criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

A Question on Pre-Ordering

I am certain I'll get Battlefront II around the release date, and part of me wants to preorder the game now. However, the only thing holding me back is the question of preorder bonuses.

I know that any preorder before the release grants me the exclusive TLJ Rey and Kylo skins, the upgrades to both of them, the Falcon, and the TIE Silencer, and the Yoda upgrade. I'm just wondering if anyone who was around at the time of Battlefront 2015's release can remember if there were any preorder bonuses revealed after or around the beta. I'd hate to preorder and then a reveal comes out that a hero (or something similar) is exclusively available in a preorder after I've ordered the game.

Just asking for your thoughts on this. The only thing that I am worried about not preordering for is that I may miss out on the early access of the beta or something else. Thanks in advance!
In my book, experience outranks everything.

Replies

• DXlolman
    608 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Last one didn't have much pre-order bonuses just early access couple of maps and a new game mode… on a new game?
    Why they didn't release it with the game idk but that was kinda of a rip off on the first game.
    But again it was a rushed game and mistakes were made.
    Most of the pre order stuff for this game is on the deluxe edition for after release. So only thing your missing out on preordering is yodas lightsaber upgrade and early access to beta and game(deluxe only) if you don't pre-order.
    Post edited by DXlolman on
    What does DX in my name stand for?
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    Yeah, I don't think there were any besides jakku, just keep in mind the Yoda mastery is only given to those who pre-order before the BETA
  • The only pre-order bonus for 2015 that I can remember was the Battle of Jakku early access. Came out for everyone else 2 weeks later.
  • Okay, thanks a lot. I just didn't want to miss out on something by waiting to see if any other bonuses were going to be revealed!
  • They might have more deluxe edition bonuses but I doubt it
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    They might have more deluxe edition bonuses but I doubt it

Yeah, this may just be me, but I prefer to get the game and start from scratch, no early access weapons or anything. It makes me feel better to rank up and earn the upgrades than getting them for dishing out an extra $20. On the other hand, skins and the like I don't mind as much, because they don't affect the gameplay itself. They're just an added bonus.

Yeah, this may just be me, but I prefer to get the game and start from scratch, no early access weapons or anything. It makes me feel better to rank up and earn the upgrades than getting them for dishing out an extra $20. On the other hand, skins and the like I don't mind as much, because they don't affect the gameplay itself. They're just an added bonus.
    I agree a little. I mainly want the 3 day early access.
    EvazanJr wrote: »

I agree a little. I mainly want the 3 day early access.

Yeah, the skins and the early access are really the only incentives (for me) I see from preordering, at least for now. And I agree, I definitely want the extra three days!