criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Please.. for the love of Star Wars. No jarjar or gungans.

I understand Lucas's mind was mush at that point and relied on green screens and jake lloyd to make a movie(with minor strokes of his old brilliance tossed in here and there with awesome choices like Christopher Lee.. RIP!) that instead of being an epic as it should have been was a family friendly and stupid movie(Phantom Menace).

Please for the love of what star was should be.. Don't include gungans.

That's my opinion..

Replies

• Jar Jar I can agree with, but Gungan Soldiers? Nah. They'd be a cool special unit with their shields and boombas.
    Make E-Web decent again.
    5c8ghz781ado.gif
  • Jar Jar I can agree with, but Gungan Soldiers? Nah. They'd be a cool special unit with their shields and boombas.

Yeah I think if we get a Naboo map outside of Theed, gungan soldiers would be a cool reinforcement. People often mistake Jar Jars antics as beimg similar among all gungans. Nut this ain't the case. Skip Jar Jar, but gungans would be cool.
  • Jar Jar can suck it but ain't nothing wrong with regular gungan soldiers.
    "In my book, experience outranks everything."
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Jar Jar I can agree with, but Gungan Soldiers? Nah. They'd be a cool special unit with their shields and boombas.

I'd love to see Gungan soldiers as a reinforcement. But I have to wonder, if they'll only be applicable to Theed and possibly the only Naboo ground map, would they bother with the effort of making a new reinforcement skin with unique abilities/weapons/sounds?

I wouldn't even mind if they made these available to all maps for the clones. But of course there will be plenty of "immersion" zealots who will complain about this.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • ROMG4
    2613 posts Member
    Get out of here Dork Lord
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • You really should read the Darth jar jar reddit post.

George Lucas is an ingenious story creator.
  • The Gungans and the Ewoks shouldn't be in this game.
  • The Gungans and the Ewoks shouldn't be in this game.

We will get naboo and endor, so they should.
  • bfloo
    15030 posts Member
    Gungans are fine. Don't forget, they kicked Jar Jar out too.

If they could get Jar Jar right, he'd be a lot of fun.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• ROMG4
    2613 posts Member
    Boss Nass be like

latest?cb=20071231010036
    bfloo wrote: »
    Gungans are fine. Don't forget, they kicked Jar Jar out too.

8f63c3383a5c1e2cc0ed53df2b5c9ed2.jpg
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • YouKnowWhoIAm
    114 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Blazur wrote: »
    Jar Jar I can agree with, but Gungan Soldiers? Nah. They'd be a cool special unit with their shields and boombas.

I'd love to see Gungan soldiers as a reinforcement. But I have to wonder, if they'll only be applicable to Theed and possibly the only Naboo ground map, would they bother with the effort of making a new reinforcement skin with unique abilities/weapons/sounds?

I wouldn't even mind if they made these available to all maps for the clones. But of course there will be plenty of "immersion" zealots who will complain about this.

With this logic , the planets will be as barebones and dull as EAfraud 1 maps were

No tauntauns , no Mos eisley creatures , no Ewoks , no N1 starighters , no Geonosians , no Wampas , no Wookiees etc ...

I say they should make gungans a reinforcement on naboo maps , just like the wookiees on kashyyyk.
  • They're making Wookie Warriors a Kashyyk specific reinforcement, so it'll be safe to assume that if they were to ever make Gungan soldiers it would stay on Naboo.
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    r3y3s00 wrote: »
    They're making Wookie Warriors a Kashyyk specific reinforcement, so it'll be safe to assume that if they were to ever make Gungan soldiers it would stay on Naboo.

How do you know it's Kashyyk specific and not global to that faction? Also with these they already have assets to work with from the last game.
  • Look it up on Star Wars HQ and other news. The Devs have said that Wookies and Flametroopers are map specific. it even says so on this website.
  • Nah, I say give us Jar Jar as a hero. I shall then use him to troll players like yourself. ;)
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    r3y3s00 wrote: »
    Look it up on Star Wars HQ and other news. The Devs have said that Wookies and Flametroopers are map specific. it even says so on this website.

From the website: "Special characters typically appear on maps where their presence is thematically appropriate. You’ll encounter First Order Flametroopers on Starkiller Base, but you're not likely to see them on Theed."

Maps are tied to eras, so that could be what they're referring to. It's possible all maps with First Order will get the flametroopers. Likewise with the Wookies. Who knows, still too early to tell.

Edit: Looks like a dev response confirmed the wookies? Must have missed that...
  • r3y3s00 wrote: »
    Look it up on Star Wars HQ and other news. The Devs have said that Wookies and Flametroopers are map specific. it even says so on this website.
    This is wrong

Dennis confirmed Wookiees will be exclusive to kashyyyk , but there's nothing saying flametroopers will be map specific , they'll be available on all ST maps .
  • yeah i was wrong about flametroopers, but wookies are still likely to only appear on Kashyyk.
  • I'm fine with Gungans, but Jar Jar has to stay far from the battle. He can still be an easter egg somewhere in the menus tho.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Give me Jar Jar as a skin and I'll take it. I'll buy it as a micro transaction if I have to. I would love to play as Jar Jar.

#infantrylivesmatter
  • But I love the gungans & jar jar! It would suck if they aren't a reinforcement on Naboo.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• They both deserve to be in the game.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Alex64
    7040 posts Member
    Yes to Gungans
  • Captain Tarpals would be a cool character to play as

• They said in interview with Angryjoe that they think about it in lucasfilm
  • I want it just for the trolling. Imagine killing someone pvp with Jar Jar and crying 'icky icky goo!' and the salt we are dealing with here is immeasurable.
  • I want it just for the trolling. Imagine killing someone pvp with Jar Jar and crying 'icky icky goo!' and the salt we are dealing with here is immeasurable.

That's what I'm saying. The trolling potential is just too irresistible.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Nah, I say give us Jar Jar as a hero. I shall then use him to troll players like yourself. ;)

me to
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    Jar Jar laugh emote?

<picard>Make it so</picard>
  • snakebro25 wrote: »

Yeah I think if we get a Naboo map outside of Theed, gungan soldiers would be a cool reinforcement. People often mistake Jar Jars antics as beimg similar among all gungans. Nut this ain't the case. Skip Jar Jar, but gungans would be cool.

They're basically a bunch of weird star wars Jamaicans. Sorry just can't take them seriously.
  • r3y3s00 wrote: »
    They're making Wookie Warriors a Kashyyk specific reinforcement, so it'll be safe to assume that if they were to ever make Gungan soldiers it would stay on Naboo.

Wookies are awesome, that's why.

Oh my goodness that sounds amazing. The shear amount of salt is to great to pass up.
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• We don't want Jar Jar on Battlefront 2, but of course we want the Gungans
  • ROMG4
    2613 posts Member
    I'd like to finally set Galactic History right and finally have OOM-9 fight and defeat Captain Tarpals
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • mariogsh wrote: »
    We don't want Jar Jar on Battlefront 2, but of course we want the Gungans
    Jar Jar for BF2!
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    I'd like to finally set Galactic History right and finally have OOM-9 fight and defeat Captain Tarpals

We need to see if the plains of Naboo are in the game though. That way we can truly live out our battle fantasies.

aakkhwbkosde.gif