criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Beta Map & Mode Repeat??

So as we saw in the alpha, the map and mode EA decided to display to us was Assault on Theed, which was amazing and looked decently polished, what worries me though is why are they repeating the same mode AND map for the beta? It's either because they're lazy and it's their most polished map, because the other maps aren't ready yet, or they don't want to reveal another map and mode which hopefully won't be the case because that brings up the question of will releasing another map and mode make the rest of the game look small? Is there not enough content to the point where revealing another map and mode would make you question whether there's enough content in the game?

Replies

• The primary point of a beta is to test stuff like balancing, severs etc. they can do that on the maps they've already shown us, so there's no point in preparing another one, especially when the actual game is only coming out a month later.

• Most people weren't in the closed alpha.

It's pretty much this:
    EA Play: in atmosphere
    Gamescom: Space battles
    Beta: Both aspects combined
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    Most people weren't in the closed alpha.

It's pretty much this:

Yes, but it's not about who gets to play it, it's about the content that they're revealing, so far they've revealed no gameplay of campaign (I mean actual gameplay like focused on campaign not just 4 second clips) and ZERO gameplay or details about the singleplayer modes that aren't campaign. I'm just saying it looks like they have a lot of content to cover and so far we don't have enough proof to know they're successfully covering it.
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    Kavian wrote: »
    EvazanJr wrote: »

It's pretty much this:

Yes, but it's not about who gets to play it, it's about the content that they're revealing, so far they've revealed no gameplay of campaign (I mean actual gameplay like focused on campaign not just 4 second clips) and ZERO gameplay or details about the singleplayer modes that aren't campaign. I'm just saying it looks like they have a lot of content to cover and so far we don't have enough proof to know they're successfully covering it.

Again...they do not need to reveal more. The point of a BETA test is to TEST not reveal. Also they did the same thing two years ago with Hoth
  • lowell
    617 posts Member
    Kavian wrote: »

It's pretty much this:

I mean, the tie-in novel is a beta without gameplay and without spoiling the campaign of the story. The mood of the origin story is the way the campaign will begin with, so by reading it, you might be able to tell you want the campaign or not. Just read it and you'll find out if you want more.
  • Kavian wrote: »

It's pretty much this:

They are confident enough in the game that they don't need to show half the content in the beta (like in Battlefront 1 where they stretched the truth).

They only need to show that hey fixed all the problems of the first game and how much the gameplay has improved but not the overall content.
  • Hopefully we get to see more clips/screenshots of more content.
    For the beta it makes sense to do theed again.
    As we get closer to launch we'll see more locations/maps.
    But this is EA, doesn't matter what they show, they know how to make it look good.
    We won't know how much content there actually is until launch
  • While your concern is legit (based on the last game) I still think you have been thinking about this way too long to draw conclusion like that. :smiley:

I agree it seem lazy to not have other ground map besides Theed but you must remember that we will be getting space battle on Fondor to beta.
  • I would like to see another map and mode we haven't seen yet. Will be disappointed if the beta is stuff we've already seen.
  • It's exactly what we've already seen, plus the starfighter assault game mode we will be seeing Monday .