criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

With regards to the Space Battles TV Spot

I gotta say that I'm a bit miffed that they're using Yoda as a Ship Hero.

Considering the fact that we've never seen him dogfight or fly a regular Eta-2 (unless there's some old thing from Legends I'm not aware of). Not to mention that it seems like quite a slap in the face after they teased Obi-Wan's Delta-7 (and Obi-Wan in general) back at Star Wars Celebration.

Wouldn't it make more sense to use a Jedi/Republic character who's more known for their piloting skills like Anakin, or Plo Koon (seriously I'd take Plo over Yoda as a Hero Ship any day of the week).

Perhaps I'm just over-reacting (actually yeah, I am), so for now I'll just sit and wait in hopes that the full trailer sheds some more light on this.

What do ya'll think?
We're finally getting the High Ground man! Wooooooooo!

Replies

• I feel this choice is the final nail in the coffin for Anakin.

He's by far the most logical choice when discussing flying for the PT.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • I feel this choice is the final nail in the coffin for Anakin.

He's by far the most logical choice when discussing flying for the PT.

RIP Skyguy the Flyguy
    We're finally getting the High Ground man! Wooooooooo!
  • I don't mind seeing any Jedi characters as flying heroes honestly. It makes sense that they would all be good pilots. I don't want to see Yoda before characters like Anakin and Obi-Wan though, but that goes for ground combat as well.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Not having seen the clone wars series
    I'd almost wish they would stick strictly to the movies.
    I feel jipped we aren't gonna get obi wan or anakin in this game.
    Makes no sense whatsoever

Just being a prequel fanboy though. I'm sure there will be oodles of OT stuff
  • I gotta say that I'm a bit miffed that they're using Yoda as a Ship Hero.

Considering the fact that we've never seen him dogfight or fly a regular Eta-2 (unless there's some old thing from Legends I'm not aware of). Not to mention that it seems like quite a slap in the face after they teased Obi-Wan's Delta-7 (and Obi-Wan in general) back at Star Wars Celebration.

Wouldn't it make more sense to use a Jedi/Republic character who's more known for their piloting skills like Anakin, or Plo Koon (seriously I'd take Plo over Yoda as a Hero Ship any day of the week).

Perhaps I'm just over-reacting (actually yeah, I am), so for now I'll just sit and wait in hopes that the full trailer sheds some more light on this.

What do ya'll think?

It doesn't bother me in the least to be completely honest. Sure, Anakin would make more sense, but just because we've never seen Yoda fighting in a starfighter doesn't mean he never did. Plus, and this is pure speculation on my part nothing confirmed, I'd imagine they'd want to only add heroes who are already in the game in the starfighter aspect.

By this I mean, it's probable they want every Starfighter Hero to have an equivalent on the ground side of things. This does not mean, however, that the opposite is true. Not all ground heroes would or should get ship combat.
    Basically "all space heroes need to also be on the ground, but not all ground heroes need also be in space".
    This is also why I think that Poe might be a hero in the ground as well, just unannounced as of yet.
  • JMaster
    2183 posts Member
    Hmm... I feel weird, on one hand I get to play as even more Yoda! But, for them to show Maul's Infiltrator fighting Yoda's little craft instead of a new, unannounced, or more sensible given the location pairing of say... Obi-Wan's Delta craft and Jango's Slave 1, or even Anakin and Grievous's star fighters, I'm a little bummed currently. It still looks awesome, though, but I just want more new stuff.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Really? Yoda is a hero ship? Where is anakin or obi wan? Like seriously what kind of logic are they using?
  • You know you want it. Now all we need is for Yoda to laugh after he shoots someone down
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • I am not complaining. Actually, I am suprised that Yoda got a hero ship. In the series he seemed to be not a pilot and just used his ship for transporting himself.
    I was really forwarding to Anakin's yellow interceptor which was great fun to fly 2005.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Yoda's Ship is in season 6 of the Clone Wars.
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    Yoda has a ship in clone wars.
  • Yoda's Ship is in season 6 of the Clone Wars.

• I'm happy. I'm hoping most, if not all heroes get their own ship.

Yoda and maul are only there because they are already confirmed.
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Really? Yoda is a hero ship? Where is anakin or obi wan? Like seriously what kind of logic are they using?

Yeah for real tho
  • I wish we had Anakins Starfighter in the trailer.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• I wish Anakin was in the game, period.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Does seem a bit weird but possibly because he doesn't have a delta-7 (or era-2 later) like the rest of the Jedi.

We'll still definitely see obi wan in a delta-7 and probably Anakin in a eta-2.

latest?cb=20160630041515
    Anakin's Eta-2

latest?cb=20150722030412
    Obi-Wan's Delta-7b

latest?cb=20151112050610
    Yoda's modified Jedi Starfighter

See how all are unique