criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Yoda and Darth maul only?

Prev1
xpek
71 posts Member
I hope this game does not start at all only with yoda and darth maul, if so, it would be very disappointing after all they are doing, I hope all this is to generate more debate and illusions about the game.

Replies

• I wouldn't put it past them.
    It's seeming more and more likely to be the case
  • NickygUrl wrote: »
    I wouldn't put it past them.
    It's seeming more and more likely to be the case

Agreed.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Just wait
  • It is a bit concerning that they haven't shown off or talked about any other prequel heroes. I mean having Kamino in this new trailer was the perfect opportunity to reveal Obi Wan and Jango Fett. I'm starting to worry Darth Maul and Yoda are the only PT heroes at launch.
  • xpek
    71 posts Member
    Cool_Dog wrote: »
    It is a bit concerning that they haven't shown off or talked about any other prequel heroes. I mean having Kamino in this new trailer was the perfect opportunity to reveal Obi Wan and Jango Fett. I'm starting to worry Darth Maul and Yoda are the only PT heroes at launch.

This is the feeling that is giving me

Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Alex64
    5875 posts Member
    4 heroes in PT.
  • ^^
    Best.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    4 heroes in PT.

Doubt it
  • ROMG4
    2421 posts Member

YOU DARE?!

Palpatine Reactions are my thing! MY THING!

You got your Mace Windu stuff I got my stuff

Don't touch my Palpatine Stuff
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Alex64
    5875 posts Member
    NickygUrl wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    4 heroes in PT.

Doubt it

Dennis said that the PT Trio will make it(maybe post launch)
  • ROMG4 wrote: »

YOU DARE?!

• at least 3 prequel heroes / villains.. it would be really a bad move if it wasnt like this at launch.

heroes - obi-wan, anakin or padme, yoda (cause confirmed)
    villains - grievous, maul, dooku or jango

this should be the list we get at launch.
  • Cool_Dog wrote: »
    It is a bit concerning that they haven't shown off or talked about any other prequel heroes. I mean having Kamino in this new trailer was the perfect opportunity to reveal Obi Wan and Jango Fett. I'm starting to worry Darth Maul and Yoda are the only PT heroes at launch.

If those are the only prequels heroes at launch, how can EA justly say that this game has 3 times as much content? We had 3 heroes and 3 villains at launch last time...... Bare minimum, that would mean 9 heroes and 9 villains at launch this time....... wouldn't that mean at least 3 heroes and 3 villains per era?...... Minimum??,,,,,, Having only Yoda and Maul at launch would be unsatisfactory
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    NickygUrl wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    4 heroes in PT.

Doubt it

Dennis said that the PT Trio will make it(maybe post launch)

Yeah, it's too "Tricky" to initially include more than two characters for $70 I suppose...
  • They still haven't revealed very much and people are already assuming this is it at launch. Be patient, I'm sure closer to release and beta we'll get alot more info
  • gcardoso wrote: »
    at least 3 prequel heroes / villains.. it would be really a bad move if it wasnt like this at launch.

yep i agree, i just want more content
  • OP is wise. I've long suspected this was the case. Maul and yoda are more than likely the only PT heroes
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    OP is wise. I've long suspected this was the case. Maul and yoda are more than likely the only PT heroes

And how do you feel about that?
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    Looks like there will be more PT hero ships at launch than normal ground heroes.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • critcher wrote: »
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    OP is wise. I've long suspected this was the case. Maul and yoda are more than likely the only PT heroes

Obi wan seems like a must have, but what do I know? They'll squeak by with the bare minimum like the last game.
    at least 3 prequel heroes / villains.. it would be really a bad move if it wasnt like this at launch.

Someone's gonna be very disappointed ...
  • Darkaid wrote: »
    Looks like there will be more PT hero ships at launch than normal ground heroes.

That would be mortifying
    critcher wrote: »

Obi wan seems like a must have, but what do I know? They'll squeak by with the bare minimum like the last game.

Sigh....... I hope you're not right..... but you probably are
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    Darkaid wrote: »

That would be mortifying

Agreed :mask:
  • JMaster
    2117 posts Member

That would be mortifying
    I'm curious, does seeing Poe's ship for the ST mean he's confirmed as a ground hero? It would suck if not.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.

I don't want to be right either man, but EA hasn't changed in 2 years. So I'm sure I'll buy it, but I expect less. I haven't forgot EA front 1
  • Should I mention what was leaked in the alpha files?
  • JMaster wrote: »

That would be mortifying
    I'm curious, does seeing Poe's ship for the ST mean he's confirmed as a ground hero? It would suck if not.

Poe is not confirmed for ground combat

I don't want to be right either man, but EA hasn't changed in 2 years. So I'm sure I'll buy it, but I expect less. I haven't forgot EA front 1

I will say that I'm impressed by quite a few vehicles..... but planets and heroes are not where they should be.... at least that we know of
  • Nope. Time will tell. I want to be wrong, but I have a feeling
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    Strange decisions, if maul is the only villain, they picked a character that didn't even ever fight in the clone wars alongside droids and had less than 15 minutes movie screen time. Dooku (the leader of the separatists) or the droid commander grievous would have been the more logical choice.
  • Should I mention what was leaked in the alpha files?

Yeah

p98qmth.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    Should I mention what was leaked in the alpha files?

giphy.gif

Someone's gonna be very disappointed ...

not me. i lost all hope after last trailer. they always are amazing at disappointing people at the end after all
  • kylenpain
    1305 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    i dont care if theyre the only two heroes but then i only expect like 5 each team towards the end of seasons, which is fine
  • 5 each faction? Or 5 villains, 5 heroes total? Damn even I expect more than that lol but I shouldn't. Because we'll probably get less
    5 each faction? Or 5 villains, 5 heroes total? **** even I expect more than that lol but I shouldn't. Because we'll probably get less

maybe 5 each faction, **** i almost only expect 4 for the pt factions
  • Haha oh okay I was worried.
  • Pretty sure at E3 they said all of the hero's and villains from the first would be in the new one at launch. They said they didn't just want to throw them away. It's the same engine and graphics I believe.
  • So 14 heros for the OT? 2 confirmed for PT and 2 for ST? Eh this seems like way more than we're gonna get. Love the optimism though
  • Honestly getting rid of paid dlc you can only expect less.

This is why I'm really opposed to it.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    Honestly getting rid of paid dlc you can only expect less.

They will make more money with micro transactions
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »

Oh definitely. They will make a killing with micro transactions. Remember how lackluster each of the last DLCs were? Those were 50 bucks. What the hell is free gonna look like?
    Cad_Bane wrote: »

Oh definitely. They will make a killing with micro transactions. Remember how lackluster each of the last DLCs were? Those were 50 bucks. What the **** is free gonna look like?

scared37.gif
  • Be afraid my friend. The dark side of the force surrounds everything
  • Alex64
    5875 posts Member
    I don't know what to do and I'm always in the dark, we're living in a powder keg and giving off sparks!
  • ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »

YOU DARE?!

OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • So 2 prequel heroes then?