criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Good graphics or a good game?

Like in EA Battlefront, they focus them self only in making a good looking game not in making a good game.

Replies

• Both. battlefield 1 did it

they aren't gonna rush this game like the last and have 3 teams working on the game.
  • Both. I enjoyed the first one , i hope i enjoy this one even more.
  • OmarFive5
    3 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Please take a look to this fan made game call Star Wars The Galactic Civil War.
    https://youtu.be/7FI7RDUVJkc
    This video is in spanish

This game is a good game. Imagine that you put DICE graphics and art in this game. Would this game compete with Battlefront if it had good graphics?
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    Both. battlefield 1 did it

they aren't gonna rush this game like the last and have 3 teams working on the game.
    "Army or not. You must realize, you are doomed." ~General Grievous
    giphy.gif
  • bfloo
    15029 posts Member
    I'd rather have them tone down the graphics a bit and focus on game play.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Grand_Admiral_Thrawn
    106 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    OmarFive5 wrote: »
    This video is in spanish

This game is a good game. Imagine that you put DICE graphics and art in this game. Would this game compete with Battlefront if it had good graphics?

No, it wouldn't. Because it would be shut down by Disney/EA. And say that it did run on the Frostbite engine, the next question would be if a computer can handle ground to space battles with that much stuff going on at once.
  • OmarFive5 wrote: »
    This video is in spanish

No, it wouldn't. Because it would be shut down by Disney/EA. And say that it did run on the Frostbite engine, the next question would be if a computer can handle ground to space battles with that much stuff going on at once.

Jajajaja lol good point with EA shutting down the game. About the graphics it could be a issue. But I really prefer a good game with decent graphics, not perfect but decent.
  • kez432
    149 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

• EvazanJr wrote: »
    Both. battlefield 1 did it

I think sequel and prequel era were a bit rushed for this game. I would've give this game 3 months more developing time, but EA wants to cash.
  • Someone care to explain to me exactly what's bad about the gameplay? Battlefront gameplay is amazing and original compared to other shooters.
  • OmarFive5 wrote: »
    This video is in spanish

No
  • Someone care to explain to me exactly what's bad about the gameplay? Battlefront gameplay is amazing and original compared to other shooters.

They're just asking for what you prefer. Honestly, I'd rather the game itself be good than the graphics, since that can always be made better in the future. It would take more work to rebuild the game mechanics and such than to amp up the graphics.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames

The complainers seem to be people who cannot adapt their techniques from standardised FPSs?

People get used to the cookie cutter FPS's out there and want another cookie with a different color frosting.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • bfloo
    15029 posts Member
    Someone care to explain to me exactly what's bad about the gameplay? Battlefront gameplay is amazing and original compared to other shooters.

The complainers seem to be people who cannot adapt their techniques from standardised FPSs?

Actually, my issue is going back the other way :(

h846398gb27k.png

• rollind24 wrote: »
    Someone care to explain to me exactly what's bad about the gameplay? Battlefront gameplay is amazing and original compared to other shooters.

People get used to the cookie cutter FPS's out there and want another cookie with a different color frosting.

Nicely stated. Ammo and medics anyone? Nah !!!!
  • bfloo wrote: »

This.
  • JigglybeanTV
    1093 posts Member
    edited August 2017

Lack of functionality and game features have nothing to do with adapting player techniques. SWBF EA 1 was a huge cash grab, removing everything that made the original Battlefront games popular in 2005, and churning out a generic below standard shooter. There's a reason why it was on sale just one month after release - then came the hackers on the PC version, closely followed by game breaking bugs untouched for months (lando glitch anyone?
    Or map stuck on end game scene) and it was adios player base.
  • Agree about focusing to gameplay rather than pretty face.

I want it to run 60fps on consoles like the first game did. If they tone up the graphics enough it will eventually lead to performance loss.

• GAMEPLAY

Why would anyone say graphics??

I would much rather reduced graphics to allow for destruction, larger player count, bigger maps, ground to space, boardable ships.

I would also rather more money and resources were spent on creating more content, rather than improving graphics.
  • Good graphics, because I like to get borded quickly.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Good graphics, because I like to get borded quickly.

Lol :D
  • bfloo
    15029 posts Member
    Good graphics, because I like to get borded quickly.

We need to work on your priorities... ;)

h846398gb27k.png

Lack of functionality and game features have nothing to do with adapting player techniques. SWBF EA 1 was a huge cash grab, removing everything that made the original Battlefront games popular in 2005, and churning out a generic below standard shooter. There's a reason why it was on sale just one month after release - then came the hackers on the PC version, closely followed by game breaking bugs untouched for months (lando glitch anyone?
    Or map stuck on end game scene) and it was adios player base.

Exactly!

• bfloo wrote: »

Agreed. There's so much they could do, but they tone it down because of graphics.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif