criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

GAMESCOM Discussion Thread

Prev1
LordByrney
298 posts Member
edited August 2017
Because nobody else will make one.

Link:

Hype!

Replies

• Shinjuku
    1758 posts Member
    Hmmm, is there a link to the live stream?
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • I'm just excited to see gameplay and some hero announcements hopefully, less than an hour wait!
    RIP Sig Gifs, It would be nice to have coruscant, and big offline content modes, and these heroes at launch:
    Prequel era : yoda, obi wan, Anakin, padme, maul, jango, dooku, grievous,
    Original era: Luke, leia, Han, chewy, Vader, palps, boba, bossk
    New era: Rey, kylo
  • Looks great but they didn't really show much
  • So, no playable B-Wings or TIE Defenders I guess since the selection screen only shows 3 options for ship classes.
    That sucks.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • Looks amazing!! Can't wait to fly around as Darth Maul. B)
    tumblr_ok3vbxE5Vm1w3bauvo1_540.gif
  • Honestly, I was highly impressed. Visuals look incredible, handling looks pretty good, the ability reworks look great. Can't wait to get my hands on it myself. With this, the campaign, multiple eras, galactic assault, and whatever the heck Skirmish turns out to be (doesn't even matter to me at this point, just bonus content as icing) I think I'm ready to pre-order. I see myself thoroughly enjoying this game.
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • Right now, i prefer the current game
  • That went by way too fast :( Really hope another livestream link comes up with more footage soon.
  • I think it's something that people will have to actually get their hands on in order to determine how much of a step up this mode is from the previous game's Fighter Squadron. Looks fun, though.
  • So, no playable B-Wings or TIE Defenders I guess since the selection screen only shows 3 options for ship classes.
    That sucks.

Hopefully it just means they aren't done yet.
    "In my book, experience outranks everything."
  • BTL-A4_Ace
    709 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Wow. The gameplay looked absolutely incredible. Fantastic stuff!

There's a few things I really hope DICE and Criterion address, though:
    • The hit markers are kind of big and a bit distracting.
    • I feel the max speed for all ships should be increased so players have a much better sense of speed.
    • I didn't see any cockpit free-look, and that's a must-have, IMO (the cockpits looked insanely gorgeous). I sincerely hope that will get implemented by launch.
    • I really, really don't like the forced cross-era elements (weapons, heroes, hero vehicles). At least for ranked online matches. It ruins the immersion.
    • No playable B-wings and TIE Defenders. Playable B-wings and TIE Defenders needs to happen.

This said, I'm extremely hyped. :smiley:
    "All wings report in."
    That sucks.
    So far
  • Lonnisity wrote: »
    Honestly, I was highly impressed. Visuals look incredible, handling looks pretty good, the ability reworks look great. Can't wait to get my hands on it myself. With this, the campaign, multiple eras, galactic assault, and whatever the heck Skirmish turns out to be (doesn't even matter to me at this point, just bonus content as icing) I think I'm ready to pre-order. I see myself thoroughly enjoying this game.
    Agree with everything. You should Definitely pre-order.

I've been wanting to since April but finally did it about a week ago because there's really no rush.
  • BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »

There's a few things I really hope DICE and Criterion address, though:
    • The hit markers are kind of big and a bit distracting.
    • I feel the max speed for all ships should be increased so players have a much better sense of speed.
    • I didn't see any cockpit free-look, and that's a must-have, IMO (the cockpits looked insanely gorgeous). I sincerely hope that will get implemented by launch.
    • I really, really don't like the forced cross-era elements (weapons, heroes, hero vehicles). At least for ranked online matches. It ruins the immersion.
    • No playable B-wings and TIE Defenders. Playable B-wings and TIE Defenders needs to happen.

-Hit markers are whatever

-don't care about max speed.

-there was a look behind in 3rd person so maybe there will be in 1st.

-Cross-era is a big debate and probably isn't decided yet

-no b-wings or tie defenders yet

• EvazanJr wrote: »
    Lonnisity wrote: »
    Honestly, I was highly impressed. Visuals look incredible, handling looks pretty good, the ability reworks look great. Can't wait to get my hands on it myself. With this, the campaign, multiple eras, galactic assault, and whatever the heck Skirmish turns out to be (doesn't even matter to me at this point, just bonus content as icing) I think I'm ready to pre-order. I see myself thoroughly enjoying this game.

I've been wanting to since April but finally did it about a week ago because there's really no rush.

I'm still waiting to get my hands on the beta, even though I know I'm probably gonna buy the game anyway. Don't really wanna encourage the preorder culture, y'know? The only reason I'm considering it is because of those skins for Rey, Kylo, and the Falcon.

[*] I really, really don't like the forced cross-era elements (weapons, heroes, hero vehicles). At least for ranked online matches. It ruins the immersion.
    [*] No playable B-wings and TIE Defenders. Playable B-wings and TIE Defenders needs to happen.
    [/list]

I have a feeling that the cross-era elements are only there so that people can get a taste of for the different ships. I think it would be a big mistake for them to make cross-era gameplay the go-to for multiplayer.

As for the other playable ships, I expect them to be included in a DLC update. I don't think it's possible to add EVERYTHING we want within a year's time.
  • Pretty messy OSD screens again
  • Does anyone else find the voice that's guiding the rebel troops to be annoying and super evil sounding?
  • what a disappointement..only space battles shown and possibly all gamescom will be about this mode.
    to be fair, the new gameplay looks much better than previews game and more fluid with much more to do at map, but then again i was expecting more at this event DICE
  • Is it ackbar?
    RIP Sig Gifs, It would be nice to have coruscant, and big offline content modes, and these heroes at launch:
    Prequel era : yoda, obi wan, Anakin, padme, maul, jango, dooku, grievous,
    Original era: Luke, leia, Han, chewy, Vader, palps, boba, bossk
    New era: Rey, kylo
  • RogueKarp wrote: »
    Does anyone else find the voice that's guiding the rebel troops to be annoying and super evil sounding?

They could be punching through an Imperial Jammer. I honestly didn't hate it.
    Does anyone else find the voice that's guiding the rebel troops to be annoying and super evil sounding?

Maybe the rebels are the bad guys in this game.
    I had a dream, that one day on the sweet hills of Georgia, everybody will be able to play the Star Wars game they've always wanted.
  • BTL-A4_Ace
    709 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    gcardoso wrote: »
    what a disappointement..only space battles shown and possibly all gamescom will be about this mode.
    to be fair, the new gameplay looks much better than previews game and more fluid with much more to do at map, but then again i was expecting more at this event DICE

Where have you been? They said Starfighter Assault (and only Starfighter Assault) was going to be given an in depth reveal at Gamescom a long time ago.
    RogueKarp wrote: »

I didn't find him annoying, but more perplexing. I'm trying to figure out who it's suppose to be. Possibly a new character altogether? He did sound unusually sinister, though. Part of me wonders if it's a droid.
    "All wings report in."
  • I liked it except for the voice actors of the commanders on both sides. Could they not get the same people as last game?
  • gcardoso wrote: »
    what a disappointement..only space battles shown and possibly all gamescom will be about this mode.

EA is going for the slow reveal to build up hype. It might annoy players who are on the fence about pre-ordering (cuz we just want to know all of the details), but it gives them a chance to have their 'game changing partners' do in-depth breakdowns of each game mode.

I understand your frustrations, but I didn't expect more from Gamescom because they've been utilizing this strategy throughout the entire marketing campaign.
  • Kyloren421 wrote: »
    I liked it except for the voice actors of the commanders on both sides. Could they not get the same people as last game?

I always liked hearing Vesemir ordering me around as a rebel.
  • so you can not land in the ships on ea

still got my pr order
  • My hype incrementally decreased as they announced "here's an epic battle between the Empire and the Rebellion, now here comes Darth Maul, now here's Poe Dameron, followed closely by iconic 1980's Liverpool goalkeeper Bruce Grobbelaar..."

bruce-grobbelaar.jpg
  • So you pick Hero ships just fun around
  • My hype incrementally decreased as they announced "here's an epic battle between the Empire and the Rebellion, now here comes Darth Maul, now here's Poe Dameron, followed closely by iconic 1980's Liverpool goalkeeper Bruce Grobbelaar..."

bruce-grobbelaar.jpg

I have a feeling that it's only like that for the reveal. Since they're only showing so much it's basically them saying Just a reminder, we cover different eras!

You can't fit everything into a demo
  • RIFRIG
    480 posts Member
    Any links to cockpit gameplay would be good.......nothing in the show stream.
    My hype incrementally decreased as they announced "here's an epic battle between the Empire and the Rebellion, now here comes Darth Maul, now here's Poe Dameron, followed closely by iconic 1980's Liverpool goalkeeper Bruce Grobbelaar..."

bruce-grobbelaar.jpg

I have a feeling that it's only like that for the reveal. Since they're only showing so much it's basically them saying Just a reminder, we cover different eras!

We're getting very close to release now and guessing that it's just for demo purposes when they've announced no such thing is wishful thinking. I think they're doing this.
    Lonnisity wrote: »

I'm still waiting to get my hands on the beta, even though I know I'm probably gonna buy the game anyway. Don't really wanna encourage the preorder culture, y'know? The only reason I'm considering it is because of those skins for Rey, Kylo, and the Falcon.
    Ah that's a good reason not to pre-order (rather than people saying they won't buy the game ever).

Just wait till the last day to pre-order still get all the rewards except early beta.
    My hype incrementally decreased as they announced "here's an epic battle between the Empire and the Rebellion, now here comes Darth Maul, now here's Poe Dameron, followed closely by iconic 1980's Liverpool goalkeeper Bruce Grobbelaar..."

bruce-grobbelaar.jpg

We're getting very close to release now and guessing that it's just for demo purposes when they've announced no such thing is wishful thinking. I think they're doing this.
    I bet it is for demo purposes but there is a high chance it will stay like that for launch.
    Is a bit weird but keep note:

IT ISNT ADMIRAL ACKBAR JUST A MON CALA. So for canon, the voice is fine

bruce-grobbelaar.jpg

Their trailers only show hero ships in their respective eras. I might be making an assumption, but to state it as wishful thinking is being a little too cynical for my tastes. They've also stated in the past that certain planets and game modes would be linked to specific eras/era opponents. I think crossing heroes into those game modes seems highly irregular given that information.
    gcardoso wrote: »

EA is going for the slow reveal to build up hype. It might annoy players who are on the fence about pre-ordering (cuz we just want to know all of the details), but it gives them a chance to have their 'game changing partners' do in-depth breakdowns of each game mode.

I understand your frustrations, but I didn't expect more from Gamescom because they've been utilizing this strategy throughout the entire marketing campaign.

yeah i pre order it for the hype it is ok there is no land your ship
  • DICE themselves have even stated they're divided on including cross-era elements. So who knows?

Personally, I find it absurd and it destroys the immersion factor. I feel if it should end up in the game, it should be an optional feature for private online matches and Skirmish, and not forced in ranked online matches with the exception being Hero specific game modes like Hero Blast, Hero vs. Villains, etc.

As much as it bothers me, it's not nearly enough to deter me from getting the game. I just hope they listen to reason. Otherwise, it's the whole helmet-less Stormtrooper debacle all over again (which, they did eventually fix).
    "All wings report in."
    DICE themselves have even stated they're divided on including cross-era elements. So who knows?

Personally, I find it absurd and it destroys the immersion factor. I feel if it should end up in the game, it should be an optional feature for private online matches and Skirmish, and not forced in ranked online matches with the exception being Hero specific game modes like Hero Blast, Hero vs. Villains, etc.

As much as it bothers me, it's not nearly enough to deter me from getting the game. I just hope they listen to reason. Otherwise, it's the whole helmet-less Stormtrooper debacle all over again (which, they did eventually fix).

Oh yeah I've preordered. I haven't been posting here for months for no reason, I enjoyed playing BF1 despite itself, and I'm sure I'll enjoy playing BF2, I just think cross era heroes is absolutely awful.
  • ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    DICE themselves have even stated they're divided on including cross-era elements. So who knows?

Oh yeah I've preordered. I haven't been posting here for months for no reason, I enjoyed playing BF1 despite itself, and I'm sure I'll enjoy playing BF2, I just think cross era heroes is absolutely awful.

I'm not sure if I would laugh or cry if I saw Boss Nass on Hoth
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Also the Rebel Admiral needs to sound more like Ackbar and less like Satan.
  • ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    Oh come on the Rebel Voice Actor can't be that bad

*Finally finds a video without Commentary*

Oh wow that's terrifying

It's a better Darth Vader than Matthew
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Yoda sounded pretty far off the mark in the trailer too.

(PS Dice I do a pretty pro level Obi-Wan so HIT ME UP I GIVE U MY DIGITS)
  • Landing Ships
    Did I miss something or was it wrongly communicated during the last 2 years?
    Almost everyone was requesting boardable capitals ships as well as landable vehicles.
    (At least the smaller cruisers are now destroyable +1).

Will it come or did DICE fail again? Did fail the game changers?

Can someone explain me the mode they showed? Is it called Space Battles or will we actually get a similar Space Battle mode which was requested for Battlefront 2 (2017)?

One of the coolest moments is to leave the hangar while hearing the empire or rebels speaker. DICE/Criterion claim that they want to deliver a realistic game, but the ships are still spawning out of nowhere.

However, it looks a lot more fun than FS in Space.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Is it a phase mode or can I decide when and what I want to destroy?
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• RIFRIG
    480 posts Member
    No cockpit options for hero ships...?
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Landing Ships
    Almost everyone was requesting boardable capitals ships as well as landable vehicles.
    I don't think boarding ships is needed. I would like to see taking off though when it makes sense (like on Fondor the imperials should take off from a hangar) but then comes the problem of spawn camping)
    Is it a phase mode or can I decide when and what I want to destroy?
    It is a phase based mode yet there are side objectives (like turrets and corvettes) and no respawn in between.
  • They still need some shorter flying mode game not just a long multiphase flying game
    Landing Ships
    I don't think boarding ships is needed. I would like to see taking off though when it makes sense (like on Fondor the imperials should take off from a hangar) but then comes the problem of spawn camping)
    Is it a phase mode or can I decide when and what I want to destroy?
    It is a phase based mode yet there are side objectives (like turrets and corvettes) and no respawn in between.

Not really, the ships have different hangars and own cannons in order to defend the hangars this would never be a problem. The capitals have a certain distance, but in my opinion it would be a nice tactical option when they also move.
    (Some mentioned that spawn camping was a problem on the Naboo map.)
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Seriously, what is up with that rebel voice. That sounded unbelievably bad. Also not a big fan of the imperial female voice, should have got the other female from the last game for the imperials
    Post edited by Cad_Bane on