criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

GAMESCOM Discussion Thread

2Next

Replies

• Alex64
    5791 posts Member
    Still no B-Wings yet.
  • What's interesting is that there's no radar/scanner, and there should be. Hopefully DICE will add it by launch (or open beta).

Also, I noticed the A-wing has the wrong sfx for it's blaster cannons. That should be corrected.
    "All wings report in."
  • BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    What's interesting is that there's no radar/scanner, and there should be. Hopefully DICE will add it by launch (or open beta).
    I think, this was Criterion's work not DICE's.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Alex64
    5791 posts Member
    No ship classes and no customization yet...
  • Yoda sounded pretty far off the mark in the trailer too.

(PS Dice I do a pretty pro level Obi-Wan so HIT ME UP I GIVE U MY DIGITS)

Yoda and Maul were both voiced by the TCW actors Sam Witwer and Tom Kane.
  • Indiana_Jim
    2049 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Seriously, what is up with that rebel voice. That sounded unbelievably bad. Also not a big fan of the imperial female voice, should have got the other female from the last game for the imperials

The voice was masked so that either A ) It's Fulcrum or B ) They don't reveal whose voice it is.
  • Alex64 wrote: »

Um... Yes ship classes. Interceptor, Bomber, and Fighter.
    "In my book, experience outranks everything."

And this is still Alpha gameplay, too.
  • CPT_Rex wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »

Um... Yes ship classes. Interceptor, Bomber, and Fighter.

Finally, I will be able to play my TIE Bomber^^
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    Seriously, what is up with that rebel voice. That sounded unbelievably bad. Also not a big fan of the imperial female voice, should have got the other female from the last game for the imperials

The voice was masked so that either A ) It's Fulcrum or B ) They don't reveal whose voice it is.

The imperial voice wasn't masked and it was horrible.
  • BTL-A4_Ace
    708 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    What's interesting is that there's no radar/scanner, and there should be. Hopefully DICE will add it by launch (or open beta).

Isn't Criterion only assisting DICE with this portion of the game? Well, either way, having a radar/scanner would be really helpful.
    "All wings report in."
  • Yoda sounded pretty far off the mark in the trailer too.

(PS Dice I do a pretty pro level Obi-Wan so HIT ME UP I GIVE U MY DIGITS)

Yoda and Maul were both voiced by the TCW actors Sam Witwer and Tom Kane.

All I can tell you is the trailer doesn't sound like Yoda and Sam Witwer might be wonderful but he could have got a better take for that line.
  • Alex64
    5791 posts Member
    Finally space combat is great in Battlefront.
  • Why does condor look so much like coruscant lol
    RIP Sig Gifs, It would be nice to have coruscant, and big offline content modes, and these heroes at launch:
    Prequel era : yoda, obi wan, Anakin, padme, maul, jango, dooku, grievous,
    Original era: Luke, leia, Han, chewy, Vader, palps, boba, bossk
    New era: Rey, kylo
  • dude so many planets look like coruscant lol.
  • Alex64
    5791 posts Member
    SandyAni wrote: »
    Why does condor look so much like coruscant lol

Condor?
  • Fondor lol
    RIP Sig Gifs, It would be nice to have coruscant, and big offline content modes, and these heroes at launch:
    Prequel era : yoda, obi wan, Anakin, padme, maul, jango, dooku, grievous,
    Original era: Luke, leia, Han, chewy, Vader, palps, boba, bossk
    New era: Rey, kylo
  • Space Battles look way better than Pandemic's BF2 Space Battles.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Alex64
    5791 posts Member

Just like Rogue One on 4:14
  • I and many other Battlefront players are dissapointed at the starfighter assault gamemode as they really didn't listen to the community. Players wanted to be able to board the ships, destroy them from the inside, not really have an objective, just seems like an objective fighter squadron or a death star 2.0 gameplay.

Just like Rogue One on 4:14
    Oooh that's really cool, same with all those TIE Fighters flying out of the hangar.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Alex64
    5791 posts Member
    ItsAThreat wrote: »
    I and many other Battlefront players are dissapointed at the starfighter assault gamemode as they really didn't listen to the community. Players wanted to be able to board the ships, destroy them from the inside, not really have an objective, just seems like an objective fighter squadron or a death star 2.0 gameplay.

This is a space combat mode, me and other players are happy to see this change with new game mechanics in space combats.
  • Lonnisity
    1941 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I and many other Battlefront players are dissapointed at the starfighter assault gamemode as they really didn't listen to the community. Players wanted to be able to board the ships, destroy them from the inside, not really have an objective, just seems like an objective fighter squadron or a death star 2.0 gameplay.

Stop. Not nearly as many people agree with you as you think, and we've heard enough of this complaint already. Either play the game and stop criticizing something you're obviously not even paying attention to (the entire gamemode is objective-based lol) or just be content with the old games.

Furthermore, they DID listen to the community. Space battles are now more dynamic and intense, pilots are allowed much more control over their craft, and there is just generally more variety of space content.

What they DIDN'T listen to was nostalgia-fueled nonsense about putting the most tedious and boring part of Pandemic's BF2 in this game.
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • Lonnisity wrote: »

Stop.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »

Isn't Criterion only assisting DICE with this portion of the game? Well, either way, having a radar/scanner would be really helpful.

Basically, yes. Criterion were brought on board because their studio is good at developing vehicular aerial combat, something that many people felt DICE didn't do quite as good a job of in the last game. Their main focus was on not only improving the gameplay mechanics of the fighter combat but also developing a fighter mode with more depth to it than Fighter Squadron, and thus we have Starfighter Assault. It's possible we may also get FS as a kind of free-for-all mode for those who don't want to play an objective-based mode, but for now that we have this new Assault mode.
    Since DICE are the ones in charge of developing all the assets for the game (sounds, vehicles, character models, etc) and putting this game together with all the different content that the 3 studios have developed, it's possible that they would be able to add in a radar for the beta or, at the very least, the final game.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • Am I one of the only people that picked up that the Rebel announcer was Fulcrum?

• who is Fulcrum?
  • r3y3s00 wrote: »
    who is Fulcrum?

Fulcrum was a code name used by various spies in the Rebel Alliance. They used a modulator on their voice that sounded like the one the announcer was using in the Starfighter Assault gameplay.

• oh ok. those voice modulators make em sound a little sinister lol.
  • Lonnisity wrote: »

Stop. Not nearly as many people agree with you as you think, and we've heard enough of this complaint already. Either play the game and stop criticizing something you're obviously not even paying attention to (the entire gamemode is objective-based lol) or just be content with the old games.

Furthermore, they DID listen to the community. Space battles are now more dynamic and intense, pilots are allowed much more control over their craft, and there is just generally more variety of space content.

What they DIDN'T listen to was nostalgia-fueled nonsense about putting the most tedious and boring part of Pandemic's BF2 in this game.

He can make a "complaint" if he wants, this is a discussion to talk about the good and bad from the gameplay. So should we just not voice any concerns about the gameplay and features we want? Games don't improve if you don't voice what you would like to see added
  • Shinjuku
    1758 posts Member
    Lonnisity wrote: »

He can make a "complaint" if he wants, this is a discussion to talk about the good and bad from the gameplay. So should we just not voice any concerns about the gameplay and features we want? Games don't improve if you don't voice what you would like to see added

You hit the nail on the head

@Lonnisity Don't confuse we with I, let others have their say without you attempting to shut them down. He's simply voicing his concerns & ideas that he has with the game in order to help further enhance it, this is a forum after all. I'm sure you wouldn't like it if this was done to you. As you were.
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • Overall I really enjoyed it and am hyped as it's a bug improvement over the current game. A few thoughts and observations

The Rebel commander voice is one I'm not familiar with and thought it was a bad General Grievous until I realized it was for the Rebels. . I'm hoping it's a placeholder for Admiral Ackbar.

Cross-era heroes - it'd be nice if the 2 flagship Assault modes were locked to their respective eras but is in no way a deal breaker if not.

Ships seemed to be balanced, each having a good toolkit.

I noticed if a teammate kills an enemy who's shooting at you it give you a notification including the players name.

Health regeneration seems fairly quick, looked quicker then infantry health regeneration in the current game.

Starfighter Assault is based on a ticket system like Battlefield.

• The game will disappoint everyone in one way or another. I am glad the forums are filled with action once again :p
  • HTH52
    56 posts Member
    Rebel Announcer voice might relate to something from campaign?
  • Am I the only one a bit worried about how this will play in a live environment? If the first game taught me anything, it's that people can't accomplish simple objectives.

Now there needs to really be a bit of coordination, and i'm not sure how well that will pan out.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Am I the only one a bit worried about how this will play in a live environment? If the first game taught me anything, it's that people can't accomplish simple objectives.

Now there needs to really be a bit of coordination, and i'm not sure how well that will pan out.

Haha I thought exactly the same thing, most players just try to kill other players. Hope that doesn't mean a situation where the Rebels fail a high percentage of the time.

Haha I thought exactly the same thing, most players just try to kill other players. Hope that doesn't mean a situation where the Rebels fail a high percentage of the time.

What platform were you playing on? On Xbox, everyone always played the objective if it involved shooting (so the Trench Fun was the only bad one)
    442nd And 332nd are the BEST
  • HTH52
    56 posts Member
    They'll learn, just like with Walker Assault.

What platform were you playing on? On Xbox, everyone always played the objective if it involved shooting (so the Trench Fun was the only bad one)

Xbox and PS4, mostly Xbox. There are a lot of bad players on both, they'll often run right by an objective or ignore the transport ship.
  • Old_fella_1963
    4697 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Am I the only one a bit worried about how this will play in a live environment? If the first game taught me anything, it's that people can't accomplish simple objectives.

My thoughts too. It's another mode where as Imperials you're just going to rack up kills kills kills and lots of time spent respawning on both sides. I love flying but I worry such a long mode is not going to fill up with full teams for the duration?
  • Shinjuku wrote: »
    Lonnisity wrote: »

You hit the nail on the head

@Lonnisity Don't confuse we with I, let others have their say without you attempting to shut them down. He's simply voicing his concerns & ideas that he has with the game in order to help further enhance it, this is a forum after all. I'm sure you wouldn't like it if this was done to you. As you were.

Well the same people have been banging on about this landing tosh ad nausem - I do not think it is a good addition