criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Why Maul Can't Block

2Next

Replies

• DeFaLt17 wrote: »
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    Kavian wrote: »
    Seriously your explanation is so horrible it makes me want to rip my eyes out just so I do not have to see it again
    explanation of what? hero fights last seconds, maul gets slaughtered and is forced to play in a way that ruins that character, ea has not and will not add block because they don't listen and are afraid he'd be "op". don't rip ur eyes out pls
    but now that I think about it, the reason is clear. EA is too lazy to animate his block
    Yes, of course! the character they have promoted relentlessly through every single Trailer and had playable in every single Public Game-Play event, doesn't have a block because They were just too lazy to animate his block. but weren't too lazy to give Yoda and Rey a Block for some reason as well as everyone else we know about

But the character they relentlessly campaign and show everywhere doesn't have one because laziness and not any other reason like a unique Character design or something

GG. much sense

I didn't see anything on Yoda blocking.

It works just like in Attack of the Clones with his fight against Dooku.
    He absorbs incoming damage with the force & directs it toward the enemy. Acting as a 'block' of sorts.
    Pretty cool eh?

That's one of his supposedly "leaked" abilities. It isn't his actual block. At least, that's what I saw.
    Seriously your explanation is so horrible it makes me want to rip my eyes out just so I do not have to see it again
    explanation of what? hero fights last seconds, maul gets slaughtered and is forced to play in a way that ruins that character, ea has not and will not add block because they don't listen and are afraid he'd be "op". don't rip ur eyes out pls
    but now that I think about it, the reason is clear. EA is too lazy to animate his block
    Yes, of course! the character they have promoted relentlessly through every single Trailer and had playable in every single Public Game-Play event, doesn't have a block because They were just too lazy to animate his block. but weren't too lazy to give Yoda and Rey a Block for some reason as well as everyone else we know about

But the character they relentlessly campaign and show everywhere doesn't have one because laziness and not any other reason like a unique Character design or something

GG. much sense

I didn't see anything on Yoda blocking.

So far. They might not have made Yoda yet, so this statement can be valid and Yoda doesn't block.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Kavian
    319 posts Member
    DeFaLt17 wrote: »

GG. much sense

thats because those guys all have single blade sabers, mauls block would have to use both sabers and they can't animate that. can you think about anyway they could go about doing it?? even if he spun his saber around alot the center of his saber (his huge hilt) would still be exposed and he couldnt deflect weapons with a high rate of fire.

Okay where do I start with this one? Do you Really think a light saber block in a videogame cant deflect blaster bolts with high rates of fire? Because in a few star wars games, you could deflect as much blaster fire as you want & it was animated fairly well. Same with EA battlefront. The hilt he has will not affect a block At all. If he's blocking he's just going to block, you will not be able to short circuit his light saber by shooting at his hilt in this game. Its just not going to happen.
    I'm sure a man of Guillaumes talent can manage to make a block for Maul, if Pandemic can do it, Dice can do it.
    In the end, it really doesn't matter how he blocks, he's just gonna block & whatever animation they give him for that will be good.

Pandemics block was literally just when you hold the block button, no matter where you shoot him, the bolts will be deflected back at you, he doesn't even move his lightsber fast enough to be deflecting 80 bolts from different angles. Pandemics block did not look good. Nothing in that game looked good. with dice an ea you have to understand that when they have a game that polished, they wouldnt want to mess it up with a maul animation that didn't look great, bolts deflecting off of places of maul where he didn't move his saber and stuff like that would be too hard to make look good.