criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

New Things i found out about Battlefront II

They will fix the 3 person view very happy and thinking to put voice chat in the game

Replies

• They will fix the 3 person view very happy and thinking to put voice chat in the game

I like to have sources, but it's sounds great. Also there is a back view in space battles.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• What's wrong with third person view? :'(
  • rattler87
    152 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    They will fix the 3 person view very happy and thinking to put voice chat in the game

What's your source on them removing 3rd person view? I don't see this happening. Any gameplay footage i've seen has been in 3rd person (except some space battles), now all of a sudden they're going to remove it? I call ****.
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    What's wrong with third person view? :'(

Too close
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

Too close
    I thought it was put in to prevent corner peeking.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif

Too close

It was, but many not competitive players don't care about it and at the current stage it doesn't look like fun. Everyone can choose the cam he likes, there is no need to ruin the experience of 3rd person players. Anyway, the hero cams are all 3rd person.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

Too close

It was, but many not competitive players don't care about it and at the current stage it doesn't look like fun. Everyone can choose the cam he likes, there is no need to ruin the experience of 3rd person players. Anyway, the hero cams are all 3rd person.
    Yeah, somehow keeping the 3rd person view to the shoulder is a bit unsettling.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • I like to see my troopers and heroes body, but that's just my opinion
    RIP Sig Gifs, It would be nice to have coruscant, and big offline content modes, and these heroes at launch:
    Prequel era : yoda, obi wan, Anakin, padme, maul, jango, dooku, grievous,
    Original era: Luke, leia, Han, chewy, Vader, palps, boba, bossk
    New era: Rey, kylo
  • BTL-A4_Ace
    709 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    mastery0ta wrote: »

Too close

The problem with this is, on the flip side, it puts players who like playing in 1P at more of a disadvantage. It ruins it for them. This is not good.

Having an optional "Hardcore" mode where everyone is forced to play 1P and HUD elements are minimized would be nice.

At the very least, both 1P/cockpit and 3P views should be available for all 4 infantry classes, special infantry, turrets, vehicles, heroes and hero vehicles. I really don't like how some have both views while others have either only 1P/cockpit or 3P view.
    "All wings report in."
  • UrbanGlitch
    2540 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    rattler87 wrote: »

What's your source on them removing 3rd person view? I don't see this happening. Any gameplay footage i've seen has been in 3rd person (except some space battles), now all of a sudden they're going to remove it? I call ****.

They never said they were removing 3P, just fixing it, for both limiting corner peaking, but still being able to see your Trooper without being too close
    442nd And 332nd are the BEST
  • BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    mastery0ta wrote: »

Too close

Having an optional "Hardcore" mode where everyone is forced to play 1P and HUD elements are minimized would be nice.

This'd be pretty fun to see. Just full-on war with no advantages or disadvantages to player -- it'd be cool if, for this mode or the game as a whole, they went back to the Republic Commando days and showed your ammo status on the blaster itself. It'd also be cool if they had a button you could press that'd pull up a holo-map of the surrounding areas, instead of a mini-map.
    In my book, experience outranks everything.
  • RIFRIG
    480 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I liked the 3rd person view shown at E3 hope they don't change it to much or maybe have two 3p options aswell as 1st person.
  • I hope they just give you an option to change how close the FOV is in-game, so each player has the ability to change it. Some players, myself among them, don't want the camera to be too close to the body, whereas those who play first-person would be at a disadvantage by not being able to peek around corners. However, it's just one of those things that makes you change your playstyle.
    In my book, experience outranks everything.
  • Alex64
    5803 posts Member
    they'll change it back to the original 3P view