criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Why there are no reinforcements in starfighter assault??

I noticed that in the Gamescom-Demonstration many players have stayed on their battlepoints, because the hero-ships are always in use.

The question comes up:
Why there are no reinforcements in starfighter assault, such as the B-Wing for the Rebels and a Tie-Defender for the Empire?
Or a ki-squad consisting of 2 y-wings, which cause damage to objects in your environment for a certain time? (for example)

It is clear that this is not yet possible for the sequel-era due to the lack of content, but definitely in the others.

Please EA, give us something where we can invest our points.

Replies

• There will be much more hero ships to use battlepoints on, meaning they will not always be taken.

I think it would be fun to spend points on light cruisers but unfortunately they are ai controlled.
  • I'm guessing there will be more than just hero ships to buy at launch.

They may also bump up the cost of the hero ships. It could be lowered for demo purposes.
  • Could very well be what they're aiming for in the DLC. Be a good opportunity for them to add the V-19 Torrent and the Grievous fighter if that doesn't end up being a hero ship for him
  • it'd be cool if the frigates were controllable through battlepoint system, maybe even moving a star destroyer tactically from one point to another and use it as a spawn point, like transport ships in the old BF.
  • They could have it call in backup for the sides like light cruisers for the Empire and blockade runners for the rebels, maybe turret control of those reinforcements?
  • r3y3s00 wrote: »
    it'd be cool if the frigates were controllable through battlepoint system, maybe even moving a star destroyer tactically from one point to another and use it as a spawn point, like transport ships in the old BF.

Yes! The frigates should be reinforcements with man able guns, not ai controlled.

Also why tf are there still ai y-wings?
    it'd be cool if the frigates were controllable through battlepoint system, maybe even moving a star destroyer tactically from one point to another and use it as a spawn point, like transport ships in the old BF.

Yes! The frigates should be reinforcements with man able guns, not ai controlled.

I could see the frigates having manable guns for battle points. Would essentially be like using the walkers in Walker Assault. I can get on board with that.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • HTH52
    56 posts Member
    r3y3s00 wrote: »

There are 20 AI ships on each team.
  • @Master_Cunha the y wings are not AI controlled, its a class. there are three classes that we know of so far: Fighters, Interceptors, and Bombers. Tie bombers and Y wings are playable.
    @Master_Cunha the y wings are not AI controlled, its a class. there are three classes that we know of so far: Fighters, Interceptors, and Bombers. Tie bombers and Y wings are playable.
    There are also AI y-wings flying around (on a certain stage I believe) that only target the objective.
    @Master_Cunha the y wings are not AI controlled, its a class. there are three classes that we know of so far: Fighters, Interceptors, and Bombers. Tie bombers and Y wings are playable.

Y-wings are playable but there are ai y-wings that bomb the objective in one of the stages. I don't understand the point in this. Let the players pto.
  • B WING for life!
  • @Master_Cunha the only reason there are AI ships is to boost the number of players without crashing the game. so it won't be uncommon to see AI controlled ships in Starfighter Assault. it even says 12 players and 40 AI ships.
  • JustinReade
    527 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Since they seem to like creating modes with "stages", why isn't there a stage in one of the starfighter assault modes that culminates in the Rebel alliance entering hyperspace to get to the next destination/stage of battle? And perhaps in a way that feels integrative, and not just in the form of those impersonal cut-away scenes from BF1 in between stages.

Light speed seemed like a pretty popular concept in Star Wars (he says, dripping with irony). Why not make use of it somehow in the game mechanics?

#duh?