criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

What happened to Obiwan and Jango?

Some of the first concept art shown for BF2 included Jango's Slave 1 chasing Obiwan's Jedi Starfighter, hinting at their being in the game, but given comments by the devs it looks like Obiwan may not be in the game at launch. And now given (Boba's) Slave 1's abilities in the gamescom build it seems like Jango's wouldn't be in since it'd have too similar abilities; it then looks like Jango as a hero is out too unfortunately. Perhaps they would have the Slave one be universal between eras and just have a Jango skin for Clone Wars?

Replies

• It wouldn't make sense for them to have a Jango Skin, as he is pretty different in the way he fights. Boba is more of a sniper, and Jango is more of a warrior. As for Obi wan, maybe they're waiting for a huge reveal or something.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • I think they're Hero ships will still be in the game, just the version we have been seeing at Gamescom doesn't have them, it's still alpha.
  • Pretend they don't exist. Why? Because obviously Yoda's a better a choice for a pilot than Obi-Wan.
    We're finally getting the High Ground man! Wooooooooo!
  • It's early days yet.
  • I bet obi-wans Delta-7b will be in the game at launch and the Slave 1 will most definitely have a skin for the prequels.
  • It wouldn't make sense for them to have a Jango Skin, as he is pretty different in the way he fights. Boba is more of a sniper, and Jango is more of a warrior. As for Obi wan, maybe they're waiting for a huge reveal or something.
    Jango Skin on the Slave 1 not on his actual character
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    It wouldn't make sense for them to have a Jango Skin, as he is pretty different in the way he fights. Boba is more of a sniper, and Jango is more of a warrior. As for Obi wan, maybe they're waiting for a huge reveal or something.
    Jango Skin on the Slave 1 not on his actual character

I though we were going back to them as heroes, not hero ships. Sorry 'bout that.

Anyway, pretty sure they'll just make it a Prequel Skin on the Slave 1.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • I'm 90% sure that Jango's Slave I is going to be a skin

Obi-Wan's ship could've been Yoda's or they're saving his ship reveal for a later date
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Apidooom wrote: »
    Some of the first concept art shown for BF2 included Jango's Slave 1 chasing Obiwan's Jedi Starfighter, hinting at their being in the game, but given comments by the devs it looks like Obiwan may not be in the game at launch. And now given (Boba's) Slave 1's abilities in the gamescom build it seems like Jango's wouldn't be in since it'd have too similar abilities; it then looks like Jango as a hero is out too unfortunately. Perhaps they would have the Slave one be universal between eras and just have a Jango skin for Clone Wars?

I think Ben is helping Jango look for his head