criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Shields for X-Wings

X-Wings have shields and Tie Fighters don't. It has become a canonical fact. Now I don't except EA to constantly follow canon, especially when they decide not to to make the gameplay richer. But this would be a great addition to the X-Wing gameplay and I believe it should be added.

Replies

• it would be cool if it was a star card ability that you could either choose an astromech droid or a shield.
  • BTL-A4_Ace
    708 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    SolalC wrote: »
    X-Wings have shields and Tie Fighters don't. It has become a canonical fact. Now I don't except EA to constantly follow canon, especially when they decide not to to make the gameplay richer. But this would be a great addition to the X-Wing gameplay and I believe it should be added.

Check the video below. Deflector shields do appear to be a functional gameplay mechanic in Battlefront II, and it looks like it operates more in line with canon than the last Battlefront.

The white bracket to the right of the targeting reticle is a gauge that represents your ship's hull integrity, but all ships in the video (except the TIE Fighter, Interceptor and Bomber) have an additional thin blue gauge to the right of the white gauge that looks like it represents deflector shield strength. It diminishes when damage is received, and the white gauge depletes only after the blue one is gone.
    "All wings report in."
  • As @BTL-A4_Ace stated, it's already a feature in the game.
    "One may be outnumbered, but that doesn't mean they're outmatched."
  • Already there. @BTL-A4_Ace is correct.
    "In my book, experience outranks everything."
  • It's similar to Halo's health. You no longer need to activate shields, but instead (and more canon like) its automatically there and recharges soon after escaping damage. Look for a thin white bar next to the health, it goes down before your health when taking damage. Y-Wings also share this feature.
  • I didn't notice, thanks !
  • ZmanGames wrote: »
    As @BTL-A4_Ace stated, it's already a feature in the game.