criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Fighter Reinforcements?

I noticed in Star Fighter Assault there was only hero units for reinforcements. I think there should also be, for example, B-Wing for rebels and Tie Defender for the Imperials. They would obviously be an upgrade from the regular fighters and it gives you something to spend points on instead of just 2 hero ships...

Maybe the B-Wing could have a laser blast ability like in rebels where it charges up a shot and does massive damage. For balance reasons it should be a long cooldown and after you shoot it your primary weapon overheats. The other 2 abilities can be proton torpedoes and cooling cell.

For the Tie Defender I was thinking it's special ability would be heavy shield, also shown in rebels. It activates a temporary shield to the ship that can take lots of hits. Again, for balancing reasons it should be a long cool down and reduce your damage by 15%. It's other two abilities would be laser barrage and after burner.

What do you guys think?

Replies

• yes. i also believe that capital ships should be a reinforcement like ATATs, except you can control its range of motion anywhere and tactically move the star destroyer to key points, and tie fighters constantly spawn from the destroyer. it would also be cool to control corvettes and frigates, and man the turrets on them.
  • r3y3s00 wrote: »
    yes. i also believe that capital ships should be a reinforcement like ATATs, except you can control its range of motion anywhere and tactically move the star destroyer to key points, and tie fighters constantly spawn from the destroyer. it would also be cool to control corvettes and frigates, and man the turrets on them.

I feel like that could be a little awkward going from fighter to cruiser, but if they found a good way to implement that it could be a cool. Also I want to mention that the Tie Defender's shield ability can be toggled off when on too, so you don't have to activate it then have it on while you're chasing someone and do less damage.
  • what u mean about it being akward?
  • I mean that I don't see a point in it on this certain map, but maybe on other maps it could be cool.
    r3y3s00 wrote: »
    what u mean about it being akward?

• I wouldnt mind just taking over a capital ship turret for a short duration
  • Seeing as how capital ships and Frigates are most likely objectives, I don't think players should be able to move them. I have nothing against letting people use their guns though.
    "In my book, experience outranks everything."
  • Alex64
    5847 posts Member
    B-Wings
    latest?cb=20141129145703
    VS.
    T-16
    latest?cb=20170411234939
  • HTH52
    56 posts Member
    What about the T-16? You want it as a fighter?
  • Alex64
    5847 posts Member
    HTH52 wrote: »
    What about the T-16? You want it as a fighter?

Those are the only starfighters to add as reinforcements(maybe tie defenders too) in OT
  • *Tie Avengers and Tie Punishers:

ansel-hsiao-ta15.jpg
    Tie Avenger

swx34_preview.jpg
    Tie Punisher
  • HTH52
    56 posts Member
    Punisher is ugly.
  • its ugly but anything ugly does a lot of damage and takes a lot of damage. it would be like a superbomber!
  • Alex64
    5847 posts Member
    r3y3s00 wrote: »
    *Tie Avengers and Tie Punishers:

ansel-hsiao-ta15.jpg
    Tie Avenger

swx34_preview.jpg
    Tie Punisher
    those aren't canon
  • r3y3s00
    338 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    they could bring em back like they did with Thrawn and Shadow Troopers and Clone Commandos.

Edit: even Fondor was not canon until EA brought it back in Battlefront 2, Lucasfilm can bring it back.
  • HTH52
    56 posts Member
    Can a T-16 operate in space? I always thought it was atmospheric like a T-47.
  • Alex64
    5847 posts Member

It's like a Lambda.
  • HTH52
    56 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »

It's like a Lambda.

How? I just checked, it is an airspeeder. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T-16_skyhopper/Canon
  • This has been requested a ton and I agree. Wouldn't be suprised if we saw some more at launch.

It's really cool the amount of things you can get with battlepoints on the ground so I hope a little of that carries over to the air.
    I noticed in Star Fighter Assault there was only hero units for reinforcements.
    Thank you for mentioning Heros are reinforcements. People keep saying there are none yet reinforcements are anything you use battlepoints on.
  • Alex64
    5847 posts Member

It's like a Lambda.

How? I just checked, it is an airspeeder. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T-16_skyhopper/Canon

both are transport ships, that's what i mean to say.
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    This has been requested a ton and I agree. Wouldn't be suprised if we saw some more at launch.

It's really cool the amount of things you can get with battlepoints on the ground so I hope a little of that carries over to the air.
    I noticed in Star Fighter Assault there was only hero units for reinforcements.
    Thank you for mentioning Heros are reinforcements. People keep saying there are none yet reinforcements are anything you use battlepoints on.

Yeah there can be a lot more to spend battle points on in space battles. I'm really happy with what they've done but there can definitely be more like ground battles as you said.
  • Another potential option would be Imperial ace ships with the red stripes. Maybe they could have slightly boosted stats.

#JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    B-Wings
    latest?cb=20141129145703
    VS.
    T-16
    latest?cb=20170411234939

T-16s are incapable of operating in space so I guess the B-Wing wins by default.
  • Alex64
    5847 posts Member
    CPT_Rex wrote: »
    B-Wings
    latest?cb=20141129145703
    VS.
    T-16
    latest?cb=20170411234939

T-16s are incapable of operating in space so I guess the B-Wing wins by default.

Yah, but Those are The only reinforcements we could receive in OT(also Tie Defender)
    And i don't really know, which class could they be?
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    CPT_Rex wrote: »
    B-Wings
    latest?cb=20141129145703
    VS.
    T-16
    latest?cb=20170411234939

Yah, but Those are The only reinforcements we could receive in OT(also Tie Defender)
    And i don't really know, which class could they be?

If B-Wings and TIE Defenders are reinforcements that you spend your battle points on, they could be their own class. B-Wings would be tougher than Y-Wings, slower than X-Wings, and have enough weapons to make even hero ships rethink an engagement. TIE Defenders would be faster than TIE Interceptors, have powerful shields, interceptor hull strength, and a nice variety of weapons available.
  • rebel_and_republic_starfighters_by_majestic_msfc-d5rj86t.png

all the reinforcements a rebel could ask for.
  • also to add off topic a bit, when i was watching the starfighter assault gameplay i noticed that the tie interceptor had for lasers shooting from its wings rather than two lasers from its pod, why is that?
  • wait nvm i realized that the interceptor has been like that in rebels carry on.