criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

Real reason for Cross-Era Heroes?

LHPLAYS
11 posts Member
edited August 2017
Recently, I started thinking about what EA said about being undecided about Cross Era Heroes being a thing, i started looking at what Heroes are officially confirmed by EA via gameplay or images that are playable.

Prequel Trilogy:
Yoda and Maul

Original Trilogy:
Han, Luke, Darth Vader, Boba Fett

Sequel Trilogy:
Kylo, Rey

And let's say the leaked alpha codes are 100% true:

Prequel Trilogy:
General Grievous, Maul and Yoda

Original Trilogy:
Luke, Vader, Bossk, Chewbacca, Boba Fett, Leia, Emperor, Lando, Han

Sequel Trilogy:
Rey, Kylo and Phasma, Finn (December)

I had a thought about why they were contemplating having Cross Era Heroes in most game modes, is it because they knew or had a very good idea that they weren't going to have a massive Hero Roster for the Prequel (Especially) and the Sequels at Launch and they thought if we merge it together it won't seem too bad.

As there are going to be maps that are Prequel based (Sequel also) and from what we have confirmed so far, we have Yoda and Darth Maul one for each side. EA have said that they wanted multiple heroes on the Battlefront at the same time, so maybe that is a way to make it work, merge all ERAS together, maybe permanently or temporarily (depending on feedback).

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to play Battlefront II and play with the Heroes and see what they have to offer. I'm not saying EA aren't doing a good job as we will all agree, they have surpassed most of our expectations for this game and given most of what the community wanted, which is brilliant! I'm sure they have plenty to show us, but it just seems they are keeping quite about the Heroes for a while now (I know Starfighter Assault just happened) and the release date is looming. But can you imagine EA just casually one afternoon on a Tuesday releasing a picture of a new hero and them saying that are in the game, it just feels a bit anti climactic. There are no big game events left before the release date (Correct me if I'm wrong). It would have to be a trailer right?

I just wanted to see what you thought about my thought. :)