criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Real reason for Cross-Era Heroes?

Recently, I have been thinking about what EA said about being undecided about Cross Era Heores and I thought about why. Obviously, there are loads of reasons why e.g. Battle fantasies, Player satisfaction etc. But EA have already confirmed already that on certain modes you can have Cross Era Heores fighting one another, but they were undecided on the bigger modes like Galatic Assault, let's say Theed you would only expect to see Prequel Heroes at the location but for the moment we have Yoda and Maul and EA have stated that they want multiple heroes on the Battlefront at the one time and with Prequel and Sequel maps (Before December) won't have more than one Hero per side and per Era, which won't work for them.

So is one of the reasons they wanted to do Cross Era Heroes was because they knew or had a very good idea that they wouldn't have a big hero roster for the Prequels (Especially) and the Sequels at Launch and they thought that it wouldn't seem so bad if they merged all ERAS together.

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to see what EA's final version looks like and play as any Heroes that I can get my hands on with Battlefront II.

I could be completely wrong, but I just wanted to see what you thought about my thought. :)

Replies

• I think the real reason is that there just aren't enough Prequel and Sequel heroes at launch. Most likely, PT and ST will only have two heroes at launch (which is a shame imo).
  • I think the real reason is that there just aren't enough Prequel and Sequel heroes at launch. Most likely, PT and ST will only have two heroes at launch (which is a shame imo).

Hit the nail right right on the head. Lack of characters
  • i don't understand why heroes in the clone wars is in shortage. i can understand ST but PT?

there needs to be mandatory heroes like Anakin, Ahsoka, Obiwan, and Padme whle villians have Count Dooku, Ventress, Grievous, and Jango. you can even add bounty hunters like Cad Bane and Aura Sing while adding Mace Windu and some other jedi.
  • LHPLAYS
    11 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I think the real reason is that there just aren't enough Prequel and Sequel heroes at launch. Most likely, PT and ST will only have two heroes at launch (which is a shame imo).

It is a shame. I know they said there is 3x the content the the first game, which I'm very interested to see and how it plays out. But do you think that Yoda and Maul will be the only lightsaber wielders for the Prequels? Surely not. As they currently have two lightsaber wielders from each Era so far. Would they increase that? Or will just be gun wielding heroes from Launch? Omg just imagine that. My heart...
  • r3y3s00 wrote: »
    i don't understand why heroes in the clone wars is in shortage. i can understand ST but PT?

there needs to be mandatory heroes like Anakin, Ahsoka, Obiwan, and Padme whle villians have Count Dooku, Ventress, Grievous, and Jango. you can even add bounty hunters like Cad Bane and Aura Sing while adding Mace Windu and some other jedi.

There is no shortage at all. I just hope and pray that EA do listen to us.
  • WHOA! De ja vu
  • Getting tired of all these threads full of people assuming what we're getting at launch solely based on what we've seen so far. There was an alpha datamine that confirmed several characters, a few of them were prequel
  • Yeah. Its not confined until they confirm it captain
  • yeah Darth G but the main concern is that datamined info is not true when launch of game is here. i could be wrong, i hope i'm wrong.
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    Yeah. Its not confined until they confirm it captain

Then there's no reason to assume that Yoda and Maul are the only prequel heroes

Then there is no reason to assume what we've seen so far is all were getting
  • If be shocked if there is only 2 Heros in the prequels but yes a big reason is probably for more choices.

There is no reason to assume more either boss
    mastery0ta wrote: »

Why on earth would they only have 2 prequel heroes, surely you must realize how stupid that sounds?

After all the hubub about content in the previous game do you honestly think they would be dumb enough to not have at least the same amount or close to it?

Theyve even confirmed the amount of content from prequel and sequel would be comparable to OT stuff and that includes heroes. Obviously thats more difficult with sequel but theyre only 2 movies in and were getting dlc for that a month later. Prequels have no issues in terms of possible content.

Just cause they dont reveal everything right off the bat doesnt mean thats all they have. Thats the mindset too many people are operating under

mastery0ta wrote: »

Why on earth would they only have 2 prequel heroes, surely you must realize how **** that sounds?

After all the hubub about content in the previous game do you honestly think they would be dumb enough to not have at least the same amount or close to it?

Theyve even confirmed the amount of content from prequel and sequel would be comparable to OT stuff and that includes heroes. Obviously thats more difficult with sequel but theyre only 2 movies in and were getting dlc for that a month later. Prequels have no issues in terms of possible content.

Just cause they dont reveal everything right off the bat doesnt mean thats all they have. Thats the mindset too many people are operating under

They said that the amount of Prequel and Sequel content will be similar but the OT will have the most, because of all the assets that can be carried over from the previous game.

Since the ST is pretty small atm this is probably why everyone's saying the PT stuff is gonna be small.

• HTH52
    56 posts Member
    Assume nothing!