criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Anakin's Eta-2 Starfighter - Abilities

So after a very amazing display of the flying gamemode for the next game at Gamescom I figured I would drop this thread to talk about some abilities that Anakins personal starfighter from Episode III could have as a hero ship. Considering he was an amazing pilot, I think he should definitely have a hero ship in the game. Here are some ideas for abilities this ship could have to make it unique.

FORESIGHT: For a few seconds, Anakin draws on the force and automatically dodges any blasterfire that is being shot at his ship. The game takes control for this ability, avoiding damage for you. This will allow the player to survive when he is being pummeled from enemy ships and is surrounded.

REVERSE THRUSTERS: At the push of a button, Anakin's ship stops and starts flying in reverse, so anyone trailing him goes ahead of him, now putting him behind them and in the perfect position to finish them off.

R2-D2 REPAIR: R2 repairs the ships health when Anakin is losing the fight

I know that Poe and probably Red 5 will have a repair ability, but it fits this ship just as well as them. For anyone that thinks any of these abilites could be unrealistic, I hear you, but since Slave 1 has seismic charges, something I didn't expect could be implemented into a game, and the Scimitar can turn invisible, anything's possible tbh.
CIS: OOM-9, Sebulba, Nute Gunray
Republic: Coleman Trebor, Shmi Skywalker, The clone that fell with Padme
Rebels: Lobot, Willrow Hood, Rebel Friend
Empire: Rancor Keeper, Walrus Man, Dagobah Luke-Face Vader
First Order: The stormtrooper with blood on his face
Resistance: I couldn't care less

Replies

• Maybe him and Vader can face off MOH FUNNNNNN
    RIP Sig Gifs, It would be nice to have coruscant, and big offline content modes, and these heroes at launch:
    Prequel era : yoda, obi wan, Anakin, padme, maul, jango, dooku, grievous,
    Original era: Luke, leia, Han, chewy, Vader, palps, boba, bossk
    New era: Rey, kylo
  • YO i have an idea for obi wans Eta 2 and Delta 7. in the back of his ship he should have an ejection port for spare parts, so when a missile comes at him from behind, he can eject spare parts and lose the missiles.
  • I don't know how they'd be able to code it so he dodged lazer. The 3rd ability would Definitely have to be some sort of crazy maneuver similar to that though.

I like reverse thrusters

Rather than an R2 repair ability maybe he does something else. That made me think.... Maybe the arc-170 has an ability where the astromech (AI) controls the back gun temporarily.
  • bfloo
    15029 posts Member
    They need to change the repair ability from the last game.

It got to the point it was easier to just ignore Red 5 or try and make him crash.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    They need to change the repair ability from the last game.

It got to the point it was easier to just ignore Red 5 or try and make him crash.

Oh yeah I know that is true. Red 5 could just pop a shield and repair over and over and never die. I think they ditched having shields though, none of the ships in the gamescom build had a shield so we'll see. That would make the repair less OP.
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    I don't know how they'd be able to code it so he dodged lazer. The 3rd ability would Definitely have to be some sort of crazy maneuver similar to that though.

I like reverse thrusters

Rather than an R2 repair ability maybe he does something else. That made me think.... Maybe the arc-170 has an ability where the astromech (AI) controls the back gun temporarily.

Yeah I wondered if coding the first ability would be possible too. It doesn't have to have some crazy animation just so none of the blasterfire hits him, but yes I could see this getting complicated. Maybe he could do a 180 turn and immediately turn around.