criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Starfighter Assault why ???

Why can not we still use the turrets of the bombardiers of the corvette cruisers of the spacial yard, the Millennium Falcon ex
To land and enter an inside of bases or ships in fps as in 2005 ???

Replies

• It is called starighter assault, not ground battles in space or turret camping simulator
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
  • Clone201
    3617 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    solo59229 wrote: »
    Why can not we still use the turrets of the bombardiers of the corvette cruisers of the spacial yard, the Millennium Falcon ex.

Mainly due to the absurdly low player count. There are 12 players per side, you want your team to have at least 6 or so ships fighting? That is almost literally half the effective damage towards the enemy team.
    solo59229 wrote: »
    To land and enter an inside of bases or ships in fps as in 2005 ???

They only showed you a single game mode that features star fighter combat (and ONLY starfighter combat, nothing more). I guess they wouldn't spoil all the intel right away, but I doubt manually landing your ship & entering capital ships is a thing 100%.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • You should not have played version 2005 of the game I think test you will see ;)
  • Probably player count. 12v12 is absurdly low
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Less and less players the muti will finish 4 vs 4 :(
  • What happened to space battles being 32 vs 32 which was the case earlier in the year ?
  • What happened to space battles being 32 vs 32 which was the case earlier in the year ?

it was never 32v32
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.

it was never 32v32

it was 12 years ago ... just sayin :|
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    What happened to space battles being 32 vs 32 which was the case earlier in the year ?

it was never 32v32

St-fu do you know how hard it is to make games on frostbite?? :angry: thought so.
  • Clone201
    3617 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    What happened to space battles being 32 vs 32 which was the case earlier in the year ?

You mean in the 'years', not this year?

Games are using different engines, both have heavy pros & cons that limit the games.

• YouKnowWhoIAm
    114 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Jrob122 wrote: »

it was never 32v32

St-fu do you know how hard it is to make games on frostbite?? :angry: thought so.

The frostbite, the so called ''amazing'' engine that limits gameplay in exchange of better graphics :|
  • HTH52
    56 posts Member

For this game? It was never that. Its 12v12 with 20 AI on each team.
  • Jrob122 wrote: »

it was never 32v32

The frostbite, the so called ''amazing'' engine that limits gameplay in exchange of better graphics :|

Graphics are literally the most important thing of all tbh. Can't stand the old games because they look ugly
    Ponds main

uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Clone201
    3617 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    HTH52 wrote: »

32 on 32 there....

There are A.I. seen in the starfighter assault mode as far as I have seen that make up for the low player count. It can't be too bad.

• Clone201 wrote: »

Games are using different engines, both have heavy pros & cons that limit the games.

Hmm I could have sworn that on the initial release website that on the space battles section it had 64 count with 24 players and the rest bots...

Unless I was seeing things.
  • bfloo
    14398 posts Member
    Clone201 wrote: »

32 on 32 there....

There are A.I. seen in the starfighter assault mode as far as I have seen that make up for the low player count. It can't be too bad.

So we get to play a mp mode with more bots than players ....... yay

:(
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Clone201 wrote: »

Hmm I could have sworn that on the initial release website that on the space battles section it had 64 count with 24 players and the rest bots...

Unless I was seeing things.

It did say that there would be 40 bots
    Ponds main

uruzea55jgr4.png
  • bfloo wrote: »

32 on 32 there....

''TAKE OFF YOUR NOSTALGIA GOGGLES'' :| LOL
  • HTH52
    56 posts Member

32 on 32 there....

I assume they were preferring 32 v 32 actual players.
  • Clone201
    3617 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

32 on 32 there....

How is this even that bad? Players still take an extremely important role in the game mode itself, despite the low amount.
  • bfloo
    14398 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

32 on 32 there....

How is this even that bad? Players still take an extremely important role in the game mode itself, despite the low amount.

If I want to play against bots I would just play skirmish.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png