criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Where can we reach the Devs in the most effective way making them forget the Cross-Era stuff?

seriously if they realize most of us dont want this nonsense then they maybe considering to forget cross era

Replies

• Mastahpeece
    2063 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    They know we don't want it. Probably keeping it around to hide a lack of heroes
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Most people don't care. It's only us hardcore people which is less than 1% that care
  • YouKnowWhoIAm
    114 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    Most people don't care.It's only us hardcore people which is less than 1% that care

Source ?
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    You can try creating an online petition. Those are usually instrumental at enacting change.
    :P
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • bfloo
    15023 posts Member
    Ozzyhun wrote: »
    seriously if they realize most of us dont want this nonsense then they maybe considering to forget cross era

Don't buy it, the sales number is the most effective way to go about it.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    In game polling during the beta to see what the entire community wants
  • I can't understand why DICE chose to implement this sort of thing, and why they're apparently determined to keep it. Cross-era gameplay throws canon out the window, takes away from the uniqueness of each era, and just plain ruins the immersion factor.

If they really do want to keep it so badly, okay then. There are some in the community who want it, too. I believe a good compromise would be to remove cross-era elements for all game modes in ranked online matches except for Hero specific game modes (Hero Blast, Heroes vs. Villains, etc.), but give players the option to enable cross-era elements for all game modes in private online matches and Skirmish (even going as far as allowing cross-era factions, locations, vehicles, etc.). What do you guys think of this?

The thing is, we need to make this clear to them. Battlefront II is still in pre-alpha stage, and it's a few months from launch. Hopefully that's plenty of time for them to address this issue before then.
    "All wings report in."
  • They know we don't want it. Probably keeping it around to hide a lack of heroes

This is my hypothesis too. I have a bad feeling about how disappointed we're all going to be with the hero count at launch.
  • Jrob122 wrote: »
    In game polling during the beta to see what the entire community wants

This. Or similar. Can someone tweet a dev over here or something because I want them to witness the righteous nerd fury on page 1 of the forum right now.
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    Most people don't care. It's only us hardcore people which is less than 1% that care

If the majority don't care, look to the majority of the minority. I don't know who the majority of the minority is in this case, but I'd wager it's those against cross-era heroes.
    "In my book, experience outranks everything."
  • Ozzyhun wrote: »

Twitter > Reddit > YouTube > Forum
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• We all get on a plane to Stockholm and throw sausages at DICE's windows.

That'll probably get their attention.
    We're finally getting the High Ground man! Wooooooooo!
  • bfloo
    15023 posts Member
    We all get on a plane to Stockholm and throw sausages at DICE's windows.

They might think we are giving them food as an added bonus ;)
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• They don't have to get rid of Cross-era.
  • TacoBell2016
    530 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Keep it for Heroes vs. Villains
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Keep it for Heroes vs. Villains

This. If it is in other modes, keep it to very few of them.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    We all get on a plane to Stockholm and throw sausages at DICE's windows.

They might think we are giving them food as an added bonus ;)

If they give us ST heroes in the PT era we should just send them Chinese food with hamburgers in it.
  • To be honest, we just need to keep doing what we're doing. Right now it feels like it did during "Helmetgate". So many threads and comments from people expresing how much they don't like it with just a few voices saying that they do, and most of the people on the "pro" side of this argument were on the "pro" side of helmetless Stormtroopers, so that tells you a lot right there.
    All I'll say is, keep up the fight. A lot of people on the "pro" side like to think we're in the minority but that's what they thought during Helmetgate and look how that turned out.
    Also, if anyone's interested here's another poll on cross-era - http://www.strawpoll.me/13771804
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • They know we don't want it. Probably keeping it around to hide a lack of heroes

Boom goes the dynamite
  • SAmulticore
    3322 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    The main problem with your poll is the question and answers are too 'forumy'. We all know what you you mean by cross-era play but the average Battlefront player (the disputed 'do they/don't they' group) wouldn't.

You need to word it simply but more completely.

"In Battlefront 2 would you like to see all Heroes and Villains available in all eras? (For example Rey leading Clones on Naboo or Darth Maul leading Stormtroopers on Hoth)?

Yes, in all game modes.

No, but yes for some Hero modes without infantry.

No, not in any mode.

And then get it out on social media, otherwise anyone who disagrees with you here is just going to tell you the same thing they're already saying, 'this forum isn't the wider playerbase.'

If you can get a poll pushed out to a much wider audience and the findings support your case it might give the devs something to think (briefly) about. It won't change a thing for launch, but the helmets didn't get put on for months so it's still worth the effort if you have the time.
  • @SAmulticore
    Well then how about this poll from Reddit - https://strawpoll.com/1yh2rzgc
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
  • @SAmulticore

It's better, but it's still written a little awkwardly.
  • I hope they keep it, I've always wanted to see Darth Maul fighting in Walker Assault.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• @SAmulticore

Yeah I pretty much assumed anyone who's gonna see the poll would already know what cross-era means.

Also lol @ my poll finding it's way from reddit to here.
  • DeFaLt17 wrote: »
    I hope they keep it, I've always wanted to see Darth Maul fighting in Walker Assault.

I think you may need to seek help if you're having those kinds of thoughts.
    My Concepts
  • @SAmulticore

Yeah I pretty much assumed anyone who's gonna see the poll would already know what cross-era means.

Also lol @ my poll finding it's way from reddit to here.

Oh it's fine mate, just nitpicking. A lot of people here insist the views of the rest of the potential market beyond the hardcore players isn't being represented, I'm just suggesting a fix for that.
    I hope they keep it, I've always wanted to see Darth Maul fighting in Walker Assault.

let's try to avoid this type of talk here. just because he likes something you don't doesn't mean there is anything wrong with him.
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.

I'm just a simple man advocating for cross era in Battlefront B)
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/

aakkhwbkosde.gif

let's try to avoid this type of talk here. just because he likes something you don't doesn't mean there is anything wrong with him.

It was intended as a joke, no harm meant.
    But I suppose if I did want to mock people on these forums I guess I could just do it offline with my friends, right? ;)
    My Concepts

But I suppose if I did want to mock people on these forums I guess I could just do it offline with my friends, right? ;)

No offense taken :)

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• RogueKarp wrote: »

This is my hypothesis too. I have a bad feeling about how disappointed we're all going to be with the hero count at launch.

But TBH lack of heroes should not be an issue in "regular" game modes like Galactic Assault or something. Those modes are the big infantry modes like WA in the first game. where heroes should play a much smaller role. Would be okay to have only 2 heroes/villains per era for those modes. Just don't allow more than 2 hereos/villains in those modes.

Lack of era specific heroes is only an issue in hero only modes. If you have only 4 characters from ST, you can't have an 8 player mode. So cross era hero mode is only needed for hero only modes but not regular main modes which focus on infantry & vehicle gameplay.

So I say it again: Remove cross era heroes from all main modes (Galactic Assault/Starfighter Assault, etc.) but make a special hero only mode which includes all eras and heroes. This way most players would be satisfied IMO.
  • Only have cross era in hero based modes
  • ross42899 wrote: »
    RogueKarp wrote: »

But TBH lack of heroes should not be an issue in "regular" game modes like Galactic Assault or something. Those modes are the big infantry modes like WA in the first game. where heroes should play a much smaller role. Would be okay to have only 2 heroes/villains per era for those modes. Just don't allow more than 2 hereos/villains in those modes.

Lack of era specific heroes is only an issue in hero only modes. If you have only 4 characters from ST, you can't have an 8 player mode. So cross era hero mode is only needed for hero only modes but not regular main modes which focus on infantry & vehicle gameplay.

So I say it again: Remove cross era heroes from all main modes (Galactic Assault/Starfighter Assault, etc.) but make a special hero only mode which includes all eras and heroes. This way most players would be satisfied IMO.

Galatic assault is already confirmed to have AT LEAST 3 heroes per side.
  • ross42899 wrote: »
    RogueKarp wrote: »

Galatic assault is already confirmed to have AT LEAST 3 heroes per side.

I thought it was only 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

yea, it is much funnier when you can do it in a group
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    Most people don't care. It's only us hardcore people which is less than 1% that care

And that doesn't mean the casuals want the exact opposite of us. So if the majority don't care then why implement cross era
  • EvazanJr wrote: »

I don't think just the hardcore fans are against cross era heroes. Hardcore fans are against things like Krennic was right handed in the last game but left handed in the movie or the DH-17 was a two handed blaster in the movie..
    There are a lot more people against cross era.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • I made a post a while back when cross-era weapons were something the forums were having a stink about. I'm just gonna repost that here, edited somewhat to encompass heroes and hero ships as well:

As I see it, there are three strong arguments to be made against cross-era stuff (including weapons, heroes, and ships):

1. Authenticity: This is the most obvious complaint concerning cross-era stuff. Simply put, having clone troopers use First Order blasters that were invented decades after the Clone Wars ended, or having Maul fight alongside First Order stormtroopers, makes absolutely no sense whatsoever; I don't think anyone is willing to deny that. Immersion is a key selling point of this game, and something like this could potentially ruin a player's immersion. For DICE to pay lip service to authenticity in regards to limiting visual customization for ships but then blatantly break canon by crossing time periods like this strikes me as incredibly disingenuous. I know I'm not alone in thinking that.

2. Skill Gap: DICE stated when talking about cross-era weapons that a primary concern of theirs as far as this design choice goes is that it would be potentially frustrating for players to not be able to use a favorite gun of theirs two-thirds of the time. I assume a similar concern is in play in regards to heroes and hero ships. Here's the thing, though: allow for cross-era stuff and players are just going to pick one gun/hero/ship they like using and use that all the time. They'll pick one heavy blaster for their heavy class and not even bother using any of the others, or use just one hero or villain to the exclusion of the rest; as a result, they won't get any better at using said weapons or heroes. Era-locking weapons and heroes on the other hand means that players will have to learn to use a wide variety of different gameplay tools. This will result in a greater skill gap between players that are able to adapt to these different tools across different eras and those that can't. After the last game was derided for being too casual, any means of increasing the skill gap should be welcomed.

3. Gameplay Diversity: This ties back into players just using one gun/hero/ship all the time if given the chance. If you give players unrestricted access to a bunch of gameplay tools, the majority are just going to drift toward a few ideal setups. We saw this with the Star Card system in the last game: so many potential tools and gadgets for players to use, and what did we end up seeing all the time? Jump packs, personal shields, and bacta bombs. If you didn't have that stuff in your loadout, you were putting yourself at a disadvantage. That's a major reason the reintroduction of classes to this game was such a good decision; we can stop seeing everybody using the same dang thing. It's an example of using smartly placed restrictions to (almost paradoxically) increase gameplay diversity.

Cross-era stuff would have the same effect (to a lesser extent, but still an extent) as Star Cards in the last game; most players are just going to use a few weapons and heroes. You guys better get used to that FWMB-10, because that's the only heavy blaster you're going to see people using. Vader and Kylo Ren? Forget about them, because it's going to be Maul all day every day. And you might as well not even bother hoping to see any villain ships that aren't that Scimitar. Maybe it won't be those specific things, but there'll be particular guns, heroes, and hero ships that the community decides are the best, and those are what we'll see over and over again ad nauseam. The result will be monotony, not diversity. What's the point of having different eras in the game if all of them feel the same because no matter which era you're in everybody is using the exact same weapons and heroes.

Era-lock the weapons and heroes, on the other hand, and the eras will feel unique. Players will have the opportunity to play with and against a wider variety of weapons and heroes more often than if everybody had unrestricted access to all gameplay tools across all eras. Again, it will be a case of using smart restrictions to increase the diversity of gameplay experiences.

I'm not saying crossing eras couldn't be fun or lead to interesting combinations and experiences; I'm pretty sure we all want cross-era hero modes to create impossible fantasy battles, and cross-era stuff would be a fantastic option for Skirmish and private matches. But it should be an option; it shouldn't be mandatory. A lot of people want to buy this game and be immersed in the setting; to feel like they're actually a part of iconic battles in the Star Wars universe. If cross-era is forced on all the big playlists, that authentic experience is lost; denied to all those that want it. That'd be a really sad thing, regardless of whether or not those that value such an experience are in the majority or minority. There'll be those that like to mix and match, but that doesn't mean you have to take a dump on those looking for something pure and immersive. Please DICE, just give us options.
  • I made a post a while back when cross-era weapons were something the forums were having a stink about. I'm just gonna repost that here, edited somewhat to encompass heroes and hero ships as well:

As I see it, there are three strong arguments to be made against cross-era stuff (including weapons, heroes, and ships):

1. Authenticity: This is the most obvious complaint concerning cross-era stuff. Simply put, having clone troopers use First Order blasters that were invented decades after the Clone Wars ended, or having Maul fight alongside First Order stormtroopers, makes absolutely no sense whatsoever; I don't think anyone is willing to deny that. Immersion is a key selling point of this game, and something like this could potentially ruin a player's immersion. For DICE to pay lip service to authenticity in regards to limiting visual customization for ships but then blatantly break canon by crossing time periods like this strikes me as incredibly disingenuous. I know I'm not alone in thinking that.

2. Skill Gap: DICE stated when talking about cross-era weapons that a primary concern of theirs as far as this design choice goes is that it would be potentially frustrating for players to not be able to use a favorite gun of theirs two-thirds of the time. I assume a similar concern is in play in regards to heroes and hero ships. Here's the thing, though: allow for cross-era stuff and players are just going to pick one gun/hero/ship they like using and use that all the time. They'll pick one heavy blaster for their heavy class and not even bother using any of the others, or use just one hero or villain to the exclusion of the rest; as a result, they won't get any better at using said weapons or heroes. Era-locking weapons and heroes on the other hand means that players will have to learn to use a wide variety of different gameplay tools. This will result in a greater skill gap between players that are able to adapt to these different tools across different eras and those that can't. After the last game was derided for being too casual, any means of increasing the skill gap should be welcomed.

3. Gameplay Diversity: This ties back into players just using one gun/hero/ship all the time if given the chance. If you give players unrestricted access to a bunch of gameplay tools, the majority are just going to drift toward a few ideal setups. We saw this with the Star Card system in the last game: so many potential tools and gadgets for players to use, and what did we end up seeing all the time? Jump packs, personal shields, and bacta bombs. If you didn't have that stuff in your loadout, you were putting yourself at a disadvantage. That's a major reason the reintroduction of classes to this game was such a good decision; we can stop seeing everybody using the same dang thing. It's an example of using smartly placed restrictions to (almost paradoxically) increase gameplay diversity.

Cross-era stuff would have the same effect (to a lesser extent, but still an extent) as Star Cards in the last game; most players are just going to use a few weapons and heroes. You guys better get used to that FWMB-10, because that's the only heavy blaster you're going to see people using. Vader and Kylo Ren? Forget about them, because it's going to be Maul all day every day. And you might as well not even bother hoping to see any villain ships that aren't that Scimitar. Maybe it won't be those specific things, but there'll be particular guns, heroes, and hero ships that the community decides are the best, and those are what we'll see over and over again ad nauseam. The result will be monotony, not diversity. What's the point of having different eras in the game if all of them feel the same because no matter which era you're in everybody is using the exact same weapons and heroes.

Era-lock the weapons and heroes, on the other hand, and the eras will feel unique. Players will have the opportunity to play with and against a wider variety of weapons and heroes more often than if everybody had unrestricted access to all gameplay tools across all eras. Again, it will be a case of using smart restrictions to increase the diversity of gameplay experiences.

I'm not saying crossing eras couldn't be fun or lead to interesting combinations and experiences; I'm pretty sure we all want cross-era hero modes to create impossible fantasy battles, and cross-era stuff would be a fantastic option for Skirmish and private matches. But it should be an option; it shouldn't be mandatory. A lot of people want to buy this game and be immersed in the setting; to feel like they're actually a part of iconic battles in the Star Wars universe. If cross-era is forced on all the big playlists, that authentic experience is lost; denied to all those that want it. That'd be a really sad thing, regardless of whether or not those that value such an experience are in the majority or minority. There'll be those that like to mix and match, but that doesn't mean you have to take a dump on those looking for something pure and immersive. Please DICE, just give us options.

7b1b36600a9788f48098c5051ec882937cac3d928654b086b1f614f4f0fc9d67.jpg
    "In my book, experience outranks everything."

+1

Fantastic post. I agree 100%.
    "All wings report in."
  • I'd rather not have it, but I can and will get used to it. Just as long as Skirmish lets us have canon battles.

• For me i am ok with the cross play a little