criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

STOP CROSS ERA HEROES AND STARSHIPS

SaiV
7 posts Member
edited August 2017
I felt sick to my stomach when I heard that dev in that BattlefrontUpdates interview said that cross era heroes were here to stay. I am appalled by the lack of vision and clarity the developers have despite their careful and long decision making for this particular topic. If cross era heroes are allowed, why not have Galactic Assault matches where resistance fighters battle against droids and have first order ties shooting down clone ships overhead. Honestly there is no logic behind this decision. EA said that they wanted to give us an authentic Star Wars experience when we play the game, well I can't see how that's gonna happen when you have Darth Maul's Scimitar shooting down X-wings and Rey doing mind tricks on battle droids. What was the point of making helmets mandatory for troopers if they are gonna flat out destroy the canon universe by having this decision in effect. It just doesn't make sense. I would understand this decision if it was for a heroes vs villains/ hero blast mode or some sandbox kind of mode. In fact I would very much prefer that and would highly suggest that this be done so it can satisfy the part of the community that are pro-cross era heroes. But to implement this in the whole game is just horrifying. What's next, Yoda fighting First Order stormtroopers on Starkiller Base? Absurd! Doing this is a big kick in the face for all fans who care about authenticity and immersion. And frankly it just takes away the fun out of playing the game, Not just for me but for many others as well.

Please, please, please for the love of the Star Wars Universe get rid of cross era stuff.
Post edited by SaiV on

Replies

  • They should keep it for Heroes vs. Villains
  • It is a game people want to play for fun. If the game did not have it everyone would be saying " wouldn't it be so awesome if Rey could fight Darth Maul". Well now it looks like the awesomeness will happen!!! Only the single player is considered to be canon. Enjoy the fun that is awaiting!!
  • Clone201
    3618 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    -Comment Deleted-... by my authorization...




    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • It is a game people want to play for fun. If the game did not have it everyone would be saying " wouldn't it be so awesome if Rey could fight Darth Maul". Well now it looks like the awesomeness will happen!!! Only the single player is considered to be canon. Enjoy the fun that is awaiting!!

    Nope, we'd be saying 'it's awesome that we have cross-era HvV, but thank the maker we don't have that nonsense in the main game.'
  • bfloo
    14398 posts Member
    I've never heard anyone suggest 'Maul vs Rey'
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Clone201
    3618 posts Member
    I personally now think that the cross-era would be just for the alpha & beta builds, keep in mind that they have not finished all the assets in-game, but are just desperately wanting to show off the characters from all eras quickly as possible.

    I doubt this would be in the 'full' game, that would heavily disappoint everyone in my opinion.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Clone201 wrote: »
    I personally now think that the cross-era would be just for the alpha & beta builds, keep in mind that they have not finished all the assets in-game, but are just desperately wanting to show off the characters from all eras quickly as possible.

    I doubt this would be in the 'full' game, that would heavily disappoint everyone in my opinion.

    It was confirmed by a dev at Gamescom. It's happening.
  • Cross era ships will just make me mad it's not like Star Wars then. The time thing is all messed up
    "Oh well it's my programming." -Battle droid Star Wars Clone wars Ep 1
  • Clone201
    3618 posts Member
    Clone201 wrote: »
    I personally now think that the cross-era would be just for the alpha & beta builds, keep in mind that they have not finished all the assets in-game, but are just desperately wanting to show off the characters from all eras quickly as possible.

    I doubt this would be in the 'full' game, that would heavily disappoint everyone in my opinion.

    It was confirmed by a dev at Gamescom. It's happening.

    Oh well... darn...

    No hard feelings here, I am fine at the moment. :neutral:
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • It is a game people want to play for fun. If the game did not have it everyone would be saying " wouldn't it be so awesome if Rey could fight Darth Maul". Well now it looks like the awesomeness will happen!!! Only the single player is considered to be canon. Enjoy the fun that is awaiting!!

    That's what hero-only modes are for.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • Oh my god Yoda fighting the First Order!?! That's freakin awesome man why haven't I thought of that?!
    I am so very excited for cross era heroes I just wish we could expand on this type of fantasy battle, like Republic vs the Resistance or Battledroids vs the Empire. Or maybe have the First Order raid the Jedi temple or something. Take notes Dice B) you guys have the power to manipulate the star wars universe at will. Put it to good use!
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

    aakkhwbkosde.gif

  • Clone201
    3618 posts Member
    DeFaLt17 wrote: »
    Oh my god Yoda fighting the First Order!?! That's freakin awesome man why haven't I thought of that?!
    I am so very excited for cross era heroes I just wish we could expand on this type of fantasy battle, like Republic vs the Resistance or Battledroids vs the Empire. Or maybe have the First Order raid the Jedi temple or something. Take notes Dice B) you guys have the power to manipulate the star wars universe at will. Put it to good use!

    lol...
    A troll, this post is... >:)

    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Alex64
    5796 posts Member
    Cross-era It's a good thing for me, bc i will play with my favorite hero Boba, across all eras.
  • The only reason they are keeping cross-era heroes is because there just aren't enough heroes and villians for the sequel and prequel era.
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    Cross-era It's a good thing for me, bc i will play with my favorite hero Boba, across all eras.

    See, this right here is one of the many reasons I'm against it. It shallows the learning curve for players who will only ever use the 1 hero they're most proficient with because they'll have to use heroes they're not that good with an therefore develop greater skill with them.
    Locking heroes to their respecive eras increases the number of heroes people can play as and gives them different experiences each time because there's more variety in the gameplay.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Cross-era It's a good thing for me, bc i will play with my favorite hero Boba, across all eras.

    Yes and I will be playing as Prequel heroes all the time :-)
  • meshugene89
    3142 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Edalin007 wrote: »
    The only reason they are keeping cross-era heroes is because there just aren't enough heroes and villians for the sequel and prequel era.

    Correction: they haven't MADE enough heroes and villains for the NT and PT. There's a ton of heroes and villains to choose from in the PT and at most 3 per side for the NT, but the tight development schedule being put on them by Disney is probably what hasn't allowed them to make enough of them for launch, hence why Finn & Phasma are post-launch DLC rather than in the base game because they need more time to develop them.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • Danxoln wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Cross-era It's a good thing for me, bc i will play with my favorite hero Boba, across all eras.

    Yes and I will be playing as Prequel heroes all the time :-)

    If I see you in a GCW battle I will merc you so hard.
  • Danxoln wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Cross-era It's a good thing for me, bc i will play with my favorite hero Boba, across all eras.

    Yes and I will be playing as Prequel heroes all the time :-)

    If I see you in a GCW battle I will merc you so hard.

    I will beat you with darth maul :wink:
    RIP Sig Gifs, It would be nice to have coruscant, and big offline content modes, and these heroes at launch:
    Prequel era : yoda, obi wan, Anakin, padme, maul, jango, dooku, grievous,
    Original era: Luke, leia, Han, chewy, Vader, palps, boba, bossk
    New era: Rey, kylo
  • Alex64
    5796 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Cross-era It's a good thing for me, bc i will play with my favorite hero Boba, across all eras.

    See, this right here is one of the many reasons I'm against it. It shallows the learning curve for players who will only ever use the 1 hero they're most proficient with because they'll have to use heroes they're not that good with an therefore develop greater skill with them.
    Locking heroes to their respecive eras increases the number of heroes people can play as and gives them different experiences each time because there's more variety in the gameplay.

    Your point doesn't make any sense.
  • Clone201 wrote: »
    DeFaLt17 wrote: »
    Oh my god Yoda fighting the First Order!?! That's freakin awesome man why haven't I thought of that?!
    I am so very excited for cross era heroes I just wish we could expand on this type of fantasy battle, like Republic vs the Resistance or Battledroids vs the Empire. Or maybe have the First Order raid the Jedi temple or something. Take notes Dice B) you guys have the power to manipulate the star wars universe at will. Put it to good use!

    lol...
    A troll, this post is... >:)

    I'm not sure about that anymore :lol:
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • We don't need another thread on this topic.

    Also, avoid posting in all caps please
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
This discussion has been closed.