criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Starfighters: Able to shoot down ordinance?

I think it would be cool if you could shoot down torpedoes and missiles with your lasers. It would add a desperate element to defending the objective, shooting a missile off a friendly's tail, or even your own. Make it so it can only be done with lasers, i.e., you can't lock onto a missile with another missile, and so that you can only shoot down enemy ordinance to prevent trolling.

Also, I think it would be cool if each class of fighter heard a different commander in addition to the one overall commander heard by all classes. So in addition to the voice giving objective based info on the overall battle, each class would hear info tailored to them to create a sense of multiple squadrons being in play. Interceptors would hear more about stopping bombers, bombers would hear more about the objective in play, and fighters would get some sort of average. It would be especially cool if the class based voices were reactive/dynamic to what was happening.

Replies

• I think it would be cool if you could shoot down torpedoes and missiles with your lasers. It would add a desperate element to defending the objective, shooting a missile off a friendly's tail, or even your own. Make it so it can only be done with lasers, i.e., you can't lock onto a missile with another missile, and so that you can only shoot down enemy ordinance to prevent trolling.

Also, I think it would be cool if each class of fighter heard a different commander in addition to the one overall commander heard by all classes. So in addition to the voice giving objective based info on the overall battle, each class would hear info tailored to them to create a sense of multiple squadrons being in play. Interceptors would hear more about stopping bombers, bombers would hear more about the objective in play, and fighters would get some sort of average. It would be especially cool if the class based voices were reactive/dynamic to what was happening.

We will never know whether you can shoot down middles cuz no one would be able to do it (lol).

I do like your idea about class specific commanders but it seems like a lot of work to get all the voice actors and organize all the sounds.

Got me thinking though that when certain hero vehicles are near you, you should hear them give orders (at least the leaders like Vader and Poe)