criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The Occam's Razor Solution to the Cross-Era Hero Controversy

As I said in my other thread, Galactic Assault and Starfighter Assault feel like their purpose is to give players the feeling that they're living a moment from the canon and cross-era heroes undercuts this.
So then why not have a separate large infantry and starfighter mode where cross-era is allowed and keep it out of GA & SA to preserve it's canon-like feel? They could make Supremacy the cross-era infantry mode and Fighter Squadron the cross-era starfighter mode.
Simple as that.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Concepts
Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu

Replies

• Supermecy is too spammy/linear and Fighter Squadron is a worse version of Starfighter assault.

It's not that simple.
  • I personally don't want modes separating the community based on their own likings. Having a mode with no cross-era features, and having another version of the mode but with cross-era heroes is just not right to me. Just keep cross-era features to Hero-based modes and as an option on all Skirmish modes.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I think there should be 2 versions of each mode. People will always switch back and forth. One for realism and one for variety. When one gets boring there will be another to change things up and so forth.
  • I think there should be 2 versions of each mode. People will always switch back and forth. One for realism and one for variety. When one gets boring there will be another to chsnge things up and so forth.
    It splits the community, they said they wanted to reduce the number of modes.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Nah it won't. There will be plenty on either side and people will switch between because reasons.
  • Nah it won't. There will be plenty on either side and people will switch between because reasons.
    Hopefully.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • I think there should be 2 versions of each mode. People will always switch back and forth. One for realism and one for variety. When one gets boring there will be another to change things up and so forth.

This sounds like a solution I could get behind
  • JMaster
    2117 posts Member
    They could just call it "Supremacy" or "Fighter Squadron", even if it's not...
    And dang, this is all I can think of when I hear Occam's Razor...
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • The Absolute LAST thing we need is a player base split again !!!!!!!!!!
  • Alex64
    5847 posts Member
    As I said in my other thread, Galactic Assault and Starfighter Assault feel like their purpose is to give players the feeling that they're living a moment from the canon and cross-era heroes undercuts this.
    So then why not have a separate large infantry and starfighter mode where cross-era is allowed and keep it out of GA & SA to preserve it's canon-like feel? They could make Supremacy the cross-era infantry mode and Fighter Squadron the cross-era starfighter mode.
    Simple as that.

"Canon-like feel"
    Everything is going to be canon!
  • Nah it won't. There will be plenty on either side and people will switch between because reasons.

Tell that to PC players.
  • Perhaps a single playlist with a bunch of different modes in which cross era is allowed rather than separate playlists for each mode?