criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Yes, I will defend cross era

Prev1
One of the new features of Battlefront is its cross-era gameplay when it comes to heroes.
Now I think a vast majority of the community doesn't sit well with this decision, but the alternative is much worse ! Imagine being in the original trilogy on Starfighter Assault and only have the Millenium Falcon and Luke's X-Wing to fight with ! Or in regular modes, it's likely there's only going to be three heroes on each side per era, and in 40 players game modes the odds for all of them to be on the battlefield at the same time are gigantic, so when you have enough battle points you won't be able to spawn as a hero since all of them will be taken. It's about accessibility and content. I think EA is genuinely traumatized after all the heat they got from the first game gameplay-wise and this is a way to make sure the game feels deep enough.
Having said that, I wasn't a big fan of the concept until I actually saw it and seeing Rey slice droids in half is kind of a fantasy in the end, but I understand how some of you can be bothered by it. But even if you don't like it, I think the graphics and sound designs are going to be so amazing this will barely spoil the immersion. And don't you think gameplay is still more important than authenticity ?

Replies

• So your suggesting cross era because dice failed to produce enough content? No thanks.

Gameplay is dependant on authenticity.

If we have cross era heroes, why not have cross factions, special units and vehicles?

Cross era is awful. Save it for custom games.
  • As for me, i'm not completely against cross era, I mean it's fun to watch Rey destroying droids. But the MAIN and BIGGEST game modes meant to represent a story and objective based gameplay where you have to assault with authentic reinforcements. Recreating battles from the Star Wars universe. It's just unlogical to have cross era things there. Save it for other modes or custom games.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • SolalC wrote: »
    Imagine being in the original trilogy on Starfighter Assault and only have the Millenium Falcon and Luke's X-Wing to fight with!

That actually sounds perfect to me.
    SolalC wrote: »
    And don't you think gameplay is still more important than authenticity?

The problem is that this isn't a black and white issue of whether or not cross-era should be included at all, it's how they implement it and I think a lot of lot people are getting confused by this concept.
    No-one is really saying we shouldn't have cross-era modes in this game. What most people have an issue with, and I have made a thread pointing this out, is that what we've seen so far is modes that are centred around the concept of providing players an immersive, canon-like experience, but when cross-era heroes show up, it takes away that feeling that you're part of a moment in Star Wars history. Additionally, it runs counter to DICE's self-proclaimed commitment to providing an authentic Star Wars experience if they're not providing it in modes that truly lend themselves to said authenticity.
    Now, if DICE were to come out and say that there will not be in cross-era in these new modes but that there would be other large ground and space battle modes that will have it, as well as the obligatory hero-only modes, then I think that this should satisfy everyone. After all, they are the ones who said that cross-era will not be in "every mode", so this would align quite well with that statement.
    At the end of the day, authenticity matters as much as, if not more than, gameplay because it's what DICE promised, and most players just want them to deliver on that promise.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • Whodunnit wrote: »
    As for me, i'm not completely against cross era, I mean it's fun to watch Rey destroying droids. But the MAIN and BIGGEST game modes meant to represent a story and objective based gameplay where you have to assault with authentic reinforcements. Recreating battles from the Star Wars universe. It's just unlogical to have cross era things there. Save it for other modes or custom games.

This
  • Yea your right. It makes sense from a gameplay perspective.

Also, what people don't think about is that some Heros are in multiple eras which won't work without cross era. This is especially prominent with space Heros.
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    Yea your right. It makes sense from a gameplay perspective.

Also, what people don't think about is that some Heros are in multiple eras which won't work without cross era. This is especially prominent with space Heros.

There aren't really as many mutliple era heroes as people think, and even the ones that are can easily work without cross-era play.
    To my mind, there's only about 4 ground heroes and 1 starfighter hero ship that would be multiple era heroes; Luke, Han, Chewbacca, Obi-Wan, and the Millenium Falcon. For Luke, Han & Obi-Wan, they should be separate playable characters from their younger era counterparts since they will have different levels of mobility and Luke & Obi-Wan in particular would definitely have different abilities. As for Chewbacca, he hasn't changed all that much between eras, so they could just make him unlockable with in-game credits for use on NT era-locked maps.
    The Falcon could be similar to Luke, Han & Obi-Wan in that it is a separate playable hero ship for NT era-locked maps due to the fact that it has a slight aesthetical difference with it's rectangular dish. It would also have the added difference of Rey's voice instead of Han's alongside Chewbacca's roars.
    With regards to how this would be handled in cross-era modes, that too is quite simple. For ground heroes, both era versions could be on the battlefield at the same time so, yes, old Han and young Han could fight alongside one another in a game of HvV. As for the Falcon, I feel like this one would be better off restricted to one at a time simply because the Falcon is a bit of a tank and 2 of them in the fight at the same time could prove to be an unfair advantage.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
  • Bossk could also be played in all 3 eras @meshugene89
  • IMO, I don't care. Cross-era is fine by me as far as heros and hero ships are concerned.

I really like how differently you can attack an objective based on which hero you chose. I enjoy being able to select whomever I want to play as when I get to be a hero.

Personally, it doesn't bother me that I never saw Dengar on Hoth in ESB...I can still play as him on Hoth, and it doesn't take away any "immersion" for me. When I'm on Scariff, I'm not ticked off when someone chooses Luke Skywalker b/c it takes away my immersion. I mean, during the battle of Scariff, Luke WAS still on Tatooine at his uncle's moisture farm.

It's just a game. Maybe, if this was a VR experience I might feel differently. But, it's not. It's a 3rd person shooter that's meant to be fun. And so far, SWBF2 looks like it's gonna be a blast!

• I'm surprised people didn't complain about seeing Greedo on the Battle of Jakku map.
  • And he was dead at that time.

PT and OT for sure, but we don't know if he's still around in the NT. For those eras though, he could be similar to Chebacca; available as standard in the OT, unlocked via credits for the PT.
    Mroll44 wrote: »
    IMO, I don't care. Cross-era is fine by me as far as heroes and hero ships are concerned.

I really like how differently you can attack an objective based on which hero you chose. I enjoy being able to select whomever I want to play as when I get to be a hero.

Personally, it doesn't bother me that I never saw Dengar on Hoth in ESB...I can still play as him on Hoth, and it doesn't take away any "immersion" for me. When I'm on Scariff, I'm not ticked off when someone chooses Luke Skywalker b/c it takes away my immersion. I mean, during the battle of Scariff, Luke WAS still on Tatooine at his uncle's moisture farm.

It's just a game. Maybe, if this was a VR experience I might feel differently. But, it's not. It's a 3rd person shooter that's meant to be fun. And so far, SWBF2 looks like it's gonna be a blast!

Did you not see what did I just said? There's a clear difference between modes that are meant to be a fun mash-up of all things Star Wars and ones that are meant to be about creating an authentic Star Wars experience. What we're looking at here are modes in the latter category that lose their purpose when cross-era is added to them.
    Yes, this is a game and games should be fun, but as folk like myself are exasperatingly trying to make clear is that you can have it both ways. Era-locked modes that provide authentic Star Wars moments and cross-era modes that allow for fantasy Star Wars play can both be fun because of the varied experiences that can be had.
    Why anyone who calls themselves a Star Wars fan wouldn't want to play a game where they can, in some way, feel like they're a part of an actual moment in Star Wars lore is beyond me. To me, there is nothing more "fun" than that.
    My Concepts
  • I'm surprised people didn't complain about seeing Greedo on the Battle of Jakku map.
    And he was dead at that time.

Because it's not where they're fighting, it's about who they're fighting with. Greedo is at least appropriate to that time period so seeing him fight with Stormtroopers fits that era. However, to see Greedo fighting alongside First Orders troopers would be jarring since that is well beyong his time period.
    My Concepts
  • bfloo
    15725 posts Member
    I'm surprised people didn't complain about seeing Greedo on the Battle of Jakku map.

People complained about Greedo and Nien from day 1.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    I'm surprised people didn't complain about seeing Greedo on the Battle of Jakku map.

Only because they weren't the heroes they were expecting or wanted, not because they could be used on maps outside of their canon appearances.
    My Concepts
  • There are always enough hero ships to choose from each era.
  • bfloo
    15725 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

Only because they weren't the heroes they were expecting or wanted, not because they could be used on maps outside of their canon appearances.

We never got that far.

h846398gb27k.png

• 2000sGuy
    5855 posts Member
    They dont seem to be allowing at least one immersion mode atm, which is odd considering the amount of negative feedback
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
    Yea your right. It makes sense from a gameplay perspective.

There aren't really as many mutliple era heroes as people think, and even the ones that are can easily work without cross-era play.
    To my mind, there's only about 4 ground heroes and 1 starfighter hero ship that would be multiple era heroes; Luke, Han, Chewbacca, Obi-Wan, and the Millenium Falcon. For Luke, Han & Obi-Wan, they should be separate playable characters from their younger era counterparts since they will have different levels of mobility and Luke & Obi-Wan in particular would definitely have different abilities. As for Chewbacca, he hasn't changed all that much between eras, so they could just make him unlockable with in-game credits for use on NT era-locked maps.
    The Falcon could be similar to Luke, Han & Obi-Wan in that it is a separate playable hero ship for NT era-locked maps due to the fact that it has a slight aesthetical difference with it's rectangular dish. It would also have the added difference of Rey's voice instead of Han's alongside Chewbacca's roars.
    With regards to how this would be handled in cross-era modes, that too is quite simple. For ground heroes, both era versions could be on the battlefield at the same time so, yes, old Han and young Han could fight alongside one another in a game of HvV. As for the Falcon, I feel like this one would be better off restricted to one at a time simply because the Falcon is a bit of a tank and 2 of them in the fight at the same time could prove to be an unfair advantage.
    Even just a few can throw it off.

There can't be 2 of the same hero just at different ages. It's not worth it from a business standpoint
    I wasn't a big fan of the concept until I actually saw it and seeing Rey slice droids in half is kind of a fantasy in the end

This is honestly the recurring takeaway from people who didn't like cross era when I was at EA Play. People weren't comfortable with it prior to playing, but after playing cross era, they didn't mind it because they still had fun.

In the end, you can't please everyone
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
    I wasn't a big fan of the concept until I actually saw it and seeing Rey slice droids in half is kind of a fantasy in the end

This is honestly the recurring takeaway from people who didn't like cross era when I was at EA Play. People weren't comfortable with it prior to playing, but after playing cross era, they didn't mind it because they still had fun.

PT and OT for sure, but we don't know if he's still around in the NT. For those eras though, he could be similar to Chebacca; available as standard in the OT, unlocked via credits for the PT.
    IMO, I don't care. Cross-era is fine by me as far as heroes and hero ships are concerned.

Did you not see what did I just said? There's a clear difference between modes that are meant to be a fun mash-up of all things Star Wars and ones that are meant to be about creating an authentic Star Wars experience. What we're looking at here are modes in the latter category that lose their purpose when cross-era is added to them.
    Yes, this is a game and games should be fun, but as folk like myself are exasperatingly trying to make clear is that you can have it both ways. Era-locked modes that provide authentic Star Wars moments and cross-era modes that allow for fantasy Star Wars play can both be fun because of the varied experiences that can be had.
    Why anyone who calls themselves a Star Wars fan wouldn't want to play a game where they can, in some way, feel like they're a part of an actual moment in Star Wars lore is beyond me. To me, there is nothing more "fun" than that.

I wasn't responding directly to you. I was replying to the topic "Yes, I will defend cross era". It had nothing to do with anything you've said.

I'm sorry you have an issue with what I've said. I'll explain myself further. For me, era-locking heroes in any game mode takes away some of the "fun". If I feel like using Boba on Starkiller base b/c I think his ability to fly around helps me lock down an objective for my team, then I'd like to be able to choose Boba.
    I've been a Star Wars fan my whole life. There have been PLENTY of games that have relived battles from the actual movies. IMO, Battlefront isn't meant to be one of those games. There were no walkers on Tatooine in any of the movies (not to mention Bespin, but Walker Assault on Tatooine is fun. There was no scenario where the empire and rebels were trying to steal each other's cargo to see who could have the most, but I LOVE me some Cargo on SWBF.
    For me, SWBF is a sandbox game, not a VR experience. I did not like helmetless stormtroopers in SWBF (only b/c I thought they looked stupid), but that did not stop me from trying to shoot them, and they did not make me want to shoot them any more than the ones wearing helmets. Also, they did not prevent me from having fun.
    I simply want a game that plays well and offers tons of variety from the Star Wars universe. That's just my opinion.
    Sorry if my opinion has offended anyone.

• Yate123
    420 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    It's better if they make the game cross era for everything, and call it star wars battlefront 2 fantasy edition.
    SolalC wrote: »

Goody two shoes....
    RIP Sig Gifs, It would be nice to have coruscant, and big offline content modes, and these heroes at launch:
    Prequel era : yoda, obi wan, Anakin, padme, maul, jango, dooku, grievous,
    Original era: Luke, leia, Han, chewy, Vader, palps, boba, bossk
    New era: Rey, kylo
  • Mroll44 wrote: »
    Bossk could also be played in all 3 eras @meshugene89

I wasn't responding directly to you. I was replying to the topic "Yes, I will defend cross era". It had nothing to do with anything you've said.

There have been PLENTY of games that have relived battles from the actual movies. IMO, Battlefront isn't meant to be one of those games. There were no walkers on Tatooine in any of the movies (not to mention Bespin, but Walker Assault on Tatooine is fun. There was no scenario where the empire and rebels were trying to steal each other's cargo to see who could have the most, but I LOVE me some Cargo on SWBF.

Eh, that's actually exactly what Battlefront is about, experiencing battles set in the Star Wars universe, both from the movies and within the general universe itself. It doesn't matter that we don't see AT-ATs on Tattooine in the films, what matters is that it seems totally plausible that if the Rebels and the Empire fought on Tattooine that the Empire would deploy AT-ATs. As for modes like Cargo, those are the modes where immersion matters less, and those aren't the modes that concern those of us who aren't crazy about cross era. In fact, just about everyone welcomes some modes where era locking isn't a thing, we just don't want cross era in the larger more cinematic modes.

I'm not as gungho as some here on the forums, I think I'll still be able to enjoy the game with cross era heroes, but it will definitely mar the experience. It's helmetless Storm Troopers all over again. Helmetgate 2.0.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • What rule did my last thread broke milord , the greatest of all mods, the one who holds the one and only truthly and logical opnion thinking-face_1f914.png @ThePoolshark
  • Oh sorry I forgot that aanything that goes against the great opinion isnt alloweed :pensive:
    Bossk could also be played in all 3 eras @meshugene89

There have been PLENTY of games that have relived battles from the actual movies. IMO, Battlefront isn't meant to be one of those games. There were no walkers on Tatooine in any of the movies (not to mention Bespin, but Walker Assault on Tatooine is fun. There was no scenario where the empire and rebels were trying to steal each other's cargo to see who could have the most, but I LOVE me some Cargo on SWBF.

Eh, that's actually exactly what Battlefront is about, experiencing battles set in the Star Wars universe, both from the movies and within the general universe itself. It doesn't matter that we don't see AT-ATs on Tattooine in the films, what matters is that it seems totally plausible that if the Rebels and the Empire fought on Tattooine that the Empire would deploy AT-ATs. As for modes like Cargo, those are the modes where immersion matters less, and those aren't the modes that concern those of us who aren't crazy about cross era. In fact, just about everyone welcomes some modes where era locking isn't a thing, we just don't want cross era in the larger more cinematic modes.

I'm not as gungho as some here on the forums, I think I'll still be able to enjoy the game with cross era heroes, but it will definitely mar the experience. It's helmetless Storm Troopers all over again. Helmetgate 2.0.

And this is exactly what I mean when I say that it's becoming increasingly frustrating trying to explain to people that there is a distinction between modes that are designed to be sandbox-y and fun, and others that are designed to provide authentic Star Wars experiences. GA and SA are the latter types of modes and that is why most people are against cross-era here but are not against having cross-era in other less immersive modes.
    My Concepts

• [/quote]

I'm not as gungho as some here on the forums, I think I'll still be able to enjoy the game with cross era heroes, but it will definitely mar the experience. It's helmetless Storm Troopers all over again. Helmetgate 2.0.[/quote]

I do see you're point to a certain extent, though I don't think the Empire would ever deploy AT-AT's on Bespin. I guess my main point with that is...when I am playing walker assault, I am not thinking about whether or not something is canon, whether or not the hero from the other team is supposed to be on this particular battlefield at this particular moment, or whether or not the blaster I'm using didn't exist yet in the Star Wars time-continuum. I'm, again, just concerned with having a lot of fun. And I'm not going to let my brain get in the way of me having a good time.

• bfloo
    15725 posts Member

I'm not as gungho as some here on the forums, I think I'll still be able to enjoy the game with cross era heroes, but it will definitely mar the experience. It's helmetless Storm Troopers all over again. Helmetgate 2.0.[/quote]

I do see you're point to a certain extent, though I don't think the Empire would ever deploy AT-AT's on Bespin. I guess my main point with that is...when I am playing walker assault, I am not thinking about whether or not something is canon, whether or not the hero from the other team is supposed to be on this particular battlefield at this particular moment, or whether or not the blaster I'm using didn't exist yet in the Star Wars time-continuum. I'm, again, just concerned with having a lot of fun. And I'm not going to let my brain get in the way of me having a good time.

[/quote]

The Empire would deploy AT-At's everywhere. They were designed to intimidate.

Why else give them legs?
    Aside from the plot convenience of taking 1 down with a cable

h846398gb27k.png

• meshugene89
    3531 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    What rule did my last thread broke milord , the greatest of all mods, the one who holds the one and only truthly and logical opnion thinking-face_1f914.png @ThePoolshark

OK, OK, we all know of his penchant for closing treads that differ with his opinions, but you could've DM'd him about your grievance rather than muddying up this thread with it.
    I'm, again, just concerned with having a lot of fun.

And again I'll the ask the question: why can an immersive Star Wars experience that lets you feel like you're part of a moment in its history not be fun?
    My Concepts

[/quote]

In all honesty I can respect that. For the cross era heroes does mar the fun somewhat though. It takes me out of the battle. It's akin to playing an authentic game set in the wild west, you're going along enjoying the experience and the setting, but then you turn the corner and see a Toyota Camry sitting there, it just feels wrong. That's what cross era heroes feels like to me, it just doesn't feel right.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • So your suggesting cross era because dice failed to produce enough content? No thanks.

This basically describes my view.

And again I'll the ask the question: why can an immersive Star Wars experience that lets you feel like you're part of a moment in its history not be fun?[/quote]

I have answered that, but I will elaborate...a truly immersive Star Wars experience CAN be fun. But, I think those experiences will be best in a VR-type of experience. REALISTIC IMMERSION.

Like I said above, if I want to play as Boba Fett on Starkiller base b/c I think using Boba will help my team the most, i'd like to be able to chose him...not get blocked out.
  • Alex64
    7671 posts Member
    Cross-era it's here to stay.
    Why so serious?
    What rule did my last thread broke milord , the greatest of all mods, the one who holds the one and only truthly and logical opnion thinking-face_1f914.png @ThePoolshark

OK, OK, we all know of his penchant for closing treads that differ with his opinions, but you could've DM'd him about your grievance rather than muddying up this thread with it.

And again I'll the ask the question: why can an immersive Star Wars experience that lets you feel like you're part of a moment in its history not be fun?

I have answered that, but I will elaborate...a truly immersive Star Wars experience CAN be fun. But, I think those experiences will be best in a VR-type of experience. REALISTIC IMMERSION.

Like I said above, if I want to play as Boba Fett on Starkiller base b/c I think using Boba will help my team the most, i'd like to be able to chose him...not get blocked out.

VR has got a long way to go before it can provide the kind of experience you're looking for, so have fun waiting for it.
    In the meantime, what we have right now is a traditional gaming platform that can offer an immersive experience within these new modes and a cross-era experience in other large ground and space battle modes.
    If you can't accept that both of these experiences can and should be catered for in a way that satisifes both parties, then we have nothing further to discuss.
    Alex64 wrote: »

Solid input once again, Alex.

giphy.gif
    My Concepts

VR has got a long way to go before it can provide the kind of experience you're looking for, so have fun waiting for it.
    In the meantime, what we have right now is a traditional gaming platform that can offer an immersive experience within these new modes and a cross-era experience in other large ground and space battle modes.
    If you can't accept that both of these experiences can and should be catered for in a way that satisifes both parties, then we have nothing further to discuss.
    Alex64 wrote: »

Solid input once again, Alex.

giphy.gif

Dude - I CAN deal with it being more "immersive" or by-the-book, or however you'd like to phrase it. My whole point of view is that FOR ME, it doesn't HAVE TO BE. I can deal with it being either way...I just think it would be more fun if cross-era is in the game, for any mode. I'm here to defend cross-era b/c it offers more options and b/c for me, it would be more fun.

Again, that's JMO.

• Oh sorry I forgot that aanything that goes against the great opinion isnt alloweed :pensive:

No, I just forgot to ban you and am locking all of your threads. Situation has been fixed
  • ROMG4
    2893 posts Member
    Oh sorry I forgot that aanything that goes against the great opinion isnt alloweed :pensive:

No, I just forgot to ban you and am locking all of your threads. Situation has been fixed
    So how long is he banned?
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    tenor.gif
    ______
  • RIP my bro :pensive:
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    Oh sorry I forgot that aanything that goes against the great opinion isnt alloweed :pensive:

So how long is he banned?

200.gif
  • Alex64
    7671 posts Member
    Coruscant_Celebration.jpg
    Too much technology, but they still using powder to light up the skies.
    Sorry this is just an epiphany.
    *Ironic.
    Why so serious?
  • cross era because dice failed to produce enough content?.

;)
  • Laser921
    2072 posts Member
    So your suggesting cross era because dice failed to produce enough content? No thanks.

Gameplay is dependant on authenticity.

If we have cross era heroes, why not have cross factions, special units and vehicles?

Yes yes and yes
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • I could care less tbh, I do hope there is cross-era modes at least. The most fun I've had with a Star Wars game ever was probably cross-era Mos Eisley in og BF2. For you cross era sticklers, did you try the Missions? ;) Single player for the story/immersion, multi-player for the chaos.
  • ROMG4
    2893 posts Member
    You know I wouldn't mind Cross Era weapons or vehicles if this was done

Take the Rebels for example, they could use salvaged Clone Wars Era tech like the DC-15 and the DC-15A. as well as Clone Wars Vehicles, whereas the Empire to counter this has on average stronger weapons in some degree as well as their vehicles being much more powerful
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Laser921
    2072 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »

Take the Rebels for example, they could use salvaged Clone Wars Era tech like the DC-15 and the DC-15A. as well as Clone Wars Vehicles, whereas the Empire to counter this has on average stronger weapons in some degree as well as their vehicles being much more powerful

Something like that im good with cause its feasible
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • ROMG4 wrote: »

I dunno why the devs don't just take asymmetrical balancing to a new level.

It's already in the game to certain extent with the hero "classes" and Dark-Side/Light-Side weapons.
    We're finally getting the High Ground man! Wooooooooo!
  • Elusive_DJ
    3141 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Glad to see another cross era supporter B)
    I hope they keep it in the game, I don't want my options limited in galactic or Starfighter assault. Cross era enhances MY battle fantasy, limiting it would just limit my fun.
    Besides, there are modes that don't have cross era. Just for the hardcore fans that clamor for an 'authentic' battle fantasy.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• DeFaLt17 wrote: »
    Glad to see another cross era supporter B)
    I hope they keep it in the game, I don't want my options limited in galactic or Starfighter assault. Cross era enhances MY battle fantasy, limiting it would just limit my fun.
    Besides, there are modes that don't have cross era for the hardcore fans.
    Hmm, having Luke against Kylo Ren would be fun....
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif