criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

EA, tell us what to except

SolalC
28 posts Member
edited August 2017
More than three times the content. That's a hell of a promise. I've been happy with pretty much all that has been announced/shown up to this date but Dice has come to a point where they have to tell us what is in the game !
Some people are taking the "three times the content" statement far too literally, others are still mad about the lack of content from the first and fear the second will suffer the same fate. The community is getting its hopes up and it the longer EA waits, the more let down we'll feel if it doesn't live up to our expectations. I'm honestly starting to have conspiracy theories that Battlefront 2 will have a ridiculous amount of maps or heroes and EA is just covering it up as long as they can to get more pre orders.
I believe in EA and I'm a big fan of the game so I'm probably gonna buy it anyway. But by not telling us what to except you're not keeping the hype alive, you're keeping the frustration alive.
Injustice 2 announced a character every two weeks. You can do sort of the same thing : on a regular basis, give us a hero, a map, a game mode, anything really so we can know what we're getting into

Replies

• It won't affect how many people buy the game if they wait to disclose information until close to launch.

If your worried about lack of content there is a simple solution. Wait.
  • But what's the point ? Have you seen the number of threads about predictions on maps and heroes ? Everyone is arguing about this, whereas if they start revealing it, it won't be something to be concerned about and it would get us more hyped for the game. Besides if they don't detail the heroes, the community won't be able to have its input and even if our opinion is a small factor in the developing process of the game, EA still cares about our opinion
  • bfloo
    15725 posts Member
    SolalC wrote: »
    But what's the point ? Have you seen the number of threads about predictions on maps and heroes ? Everyone is arguing about this, whereas if they start revealing it, it won't be something to be concerned about and it would get us more hyped for the game. Besides if they don't detail the heroes, the community won't be able to have its input and even if our opinion is a small factor in the developing process of the game, EA still cares about our opinion

They have the hype machine going while sharing minimal info.

While they should, as long as there is excitement about the game, they don't 'need' to reveal more from a marketing perspective.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    They have the hype machine going while sharing minimal info.

While they should, as long as there is excitement about the game, they don't 'need' to reveal more from a marketing perspective.

I don't know maybe I'm just frustrated. I just think saying at least the number of planets, maps, heroes without actually revealing them could end all the bickering on this blog and gives us answers we should have had long ago
  • Patience is something I can say for this one.
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
  • they cant tell us too much bc if they say something the community will take it too literal, if we dont get something they talked about everyone will rage
  • Patience is something I can say for this one.

I agree, I think a lot has been learned since the first one.
  • I just want confirmation that this wont be a pay to play game. I want to be able to earn stuff thru playing but if people can pay to get better gear off the bat, it'll be a bad game
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Laser921 wrote: »
    I just want confirmation that this wont be a pay to play game. I want to be able to earn stuff thru playing but if people can pay to get better gear off the bat, it'll be a bad game

I'm with you there. It's my main concern at this point. It takes priority over what heroes or features I want in the game. If the game becomes unfair to play, then what's the point? You lose any sense of immersion in the game. Personally, I had this happen a lot during the DLC release cycle of the first game.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • I want to expect no more gamebreaking glitches, Battlefront 2015 had the worst heavily gameplay affecting glitches I've ever seen.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • I want to expect no more gamebreaking glitches, Battlefront 2015 had the worst heavily gameplay affecting glitches I've ever seen.

The invincibility glitch from the TIE Interceptor token was infuriating.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif

The amount of time it took them to patch the gamebreaking glitches was unacceptable as well.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    I want to expect no more gamebreaking glitches, Battlefront 2015 had the worst heavily gameplay affecting glitches I've ever seen.

The amount of time it took them to patch the gamebreaking glitches was unacceptable as well.

There also still are game breaking map glitches that aren't going to get fixed. Which should be unacceptable
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    I want to expect no more gamebreaking glitches, Battlefront 2015 had the worst heavily gameplay affecting glitches I've ever seen.

There also still are game breaking map glitches that aren't going to get fixed. Which should be unacceptable

The final state of the first game is one of the reasons why i'm still very critical of this new game.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif

Plus the glitch where you can have more than 1 hero on 40 player modes is still not patched, they abandoned this game like nothing yet always had updates for Battlefield 1.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif

Plus the glitch where you can have more than 1 hero on 40 player modes is still not patched, they abandoned this game like nothing yet always had updates for Battlefield 1.

I remember @ThePoolshark once saying that people tend to blame EA/DICE for things that are actually Disney/Lucasfilm's fault, and blame Disney/LF for stuff that's actually EA/DICE's fault.

I wasn't active on the forums when dev support for this game stopped, but from what I heard they were giving announcements as if support was coming then suddenly it was said they were gonna stop and put all focus on BF2. Since the release of both Battlefronts have been set for the month just before a new ST film releases I wouldn't be surprised if it's Disney who forced them to abandon the first game so they could have the second game ready by TLJ's release.

However I will agree that even when dev support was a thing they took way too long fixing some of the glitches. I will never forget the broken A-wing hitboxes.

I remember @ThePoolshark once saying that people tend to blame EA/DICE for things that are actually Disney/Lucasfilm's fault, and blame Disney/LF for stuff that's actually EA/DICE's fault.

I wasn't active on the forums when dev support for this game stopped, but from what I heard they were giving announcements as if support was coming then suddenly it was said they were gonna stop and put all focus on BF2. Since the release of both Battlefronts have been set for the month just before a new ST film releases I wouldn't be surprised if it's Disney who forced them to abandon the first game so they could have the second game ready by TLJ's release.

However I will agree that even when dev support was a thing they took way too long fixing some of the glitches. I will never forget the broken A-wing hitboxes.
    Oh well, we know that BF2 will be better than BF 2015 in pretty much every aspect. They might as well put all their work into the next game.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • I bet they regret ever making that claim now, it's all people seem to be talking about. They should have said it will have more content than the last game and left it at that, people are taking it too literally.
  • bfloo
    15725 posts Member
    Cad_Bane wrote: »

That glitch was more of an improvement.

The 40 player modes were kind of stale.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Did you mean expect and not except?

And some never were fixed
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force

If it was an official thing for both sides it'd be enjoyable

It seemed to me that villains were usually the ones dominating.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • It's still a dogs breakfast if the player selection (MM) and servers Netcode has not been massively improved .