criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Resistance star ships

We haven't any info on the New Trilogy space battles and I'm assuming most of that is because The Force Awakens has an almost 'carbon copy' approach to the space ships. The TIEs and X-Wings are 'more powerful' but they look extremely similar to their OT counterparts.

With that being said... I was going through some of the Star Wars books that are due out this year and came upon this new version of the A-Wing: TLJ_awing.jpeg

I really hope that EA/Criterion are able to include this updated version of the ship into the NT space battles. What do you guys think about the ship, and how do you think they'll go about implementing the NT into space battle modes?

Replies

• It'll probably just be their Interceptor. There's nowhere else it could go.
    "In my book, experience outranks everything."
  • Why wouldn't it be. They need 3 classes in the new trilogy
  • I really hope they make an original fighter not just a copy, I mean come on theres a thirty year gap, youre telling me no new designs were made in the meantime?
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Laser921 wrote: »
    I really hope they make an original fighter not just a copy, I mean come on theres a thirty year gap, youre telling me no new designs were made in the meantime?

Well we got the new bomber but I bet that's about it
  • snakebro25 wrote: »
    Laser921 wrote: »
    I really hope they make an original fighter not just a copy, I mean come on theres a thirty year gap, youre telling me no new designs were made in the meantime?

I highly doubt that thing in the EP VIII trailer will be flyable.
    "In my book, experience outranks everything."
  • CPT_Rex wrote: »
    snakebro25 wrote: »

Those look more like corvettes or light frigates rather than flyable bombers to me. Those things will probably be AI controlled like the CR90 Corvettes and Arquitens-class Light Cruisers.
    To think that once I could not see beyond the veil of our reality, to see those who dwell behind.
  • Well is there really any difference between the Resistance and the Rebellion!?
  • CPT_Rex wrote: »
    snakebro25 wrote: »

It was an ugly ship
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Apidooom wrote: »
    Well is there really any difference between the Resistance and the Rebellion!?

Nope which is why I wasnt a huge fan. Of TFA, story felt like a recycled new hope
  • They probably have the go-ahead from Lucasfilm to include never before seen Resistance and First Order ships and content (e.g. Kylo Ren's Tie Silencer) a month before The Last Jedi.
    Honesty is transparency, and transparency is trust.
  • So I've heard the a wing is returning, it looks the same albeit different color? have I missed Anything else?
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    So I've heard the a wing is returning, it looks the same albeit different color? have I missed Anything else?

It looks a bit thinner at the front.

Other than that its pretty much the same thing aside from the Resistance colouring.
    We're finally getting the High Ground man! Wooooooooo!
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    So I've heard the a wing is returning, it looks the same albeit different color? have I missed Anything else?

It looks a bit thinner at the front.

Other than that its pretty much the same thing aside from the Resistance colouring.

I'd say there's even less difference between the old and new A-Wing than there was between the old and new X-Wing.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • What about the T-85s? It maybe possible that what's left of the Republic fleet joins the Resistance.
  • lowell wrote: »
    What about the T-85s? It maybe possible that what's left of the Republic fleet joins the Resistance.

Whats left? If the republic had one fleet that be the dumbest idea ever. No government would have their entire military focused in one area especially a galactic government spanning thousands of systems. Id rather see a coalition between the two then a merging
    lowell wrote: »
    What about the T-85s? It maybe possible that what's left of the Republic fleet joins the Resistance.

Whats left? If the republic had one fleet that be the dumbest idea ever. No government would have their entire military focused in one area especially a galactic government spanning thousands of systems. Id rather see a coalition between the two then a merging
    Well they probably didn't want to be like the empire controlling systems like crazy as far out as the outer rim so they went overboard
    (Same thing happened with the articles of the confederation in the US)

Also, keep in mind it was an entire freaking solar system that was destroyed.

The fact that the Raddus is still around also suggests that the New Republic had fleets elsewhere. I'm doubtful that the Resistance, which is a small rag tag group of fighters had a ship like the Raddus just hanging out somewhere. The New Republic was no doubt devastated, but it's safe to say that their armed forces aren't entirely gone.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo

The fact that the Raddus is still around also suggests that the New Republic had fleets elsewhere. I'm doubtful that the Resistance, which is a small rag tag group of fighters had a ship like the Raddus just hanging out somewhere. The New Republic was no doubt devastated, but it's safe to say that their armed forces aren't entirely gone.

It'd be like saying the east coast of the US was nuked. Would that mean the us is gone? No severely weakened sure but not gone. Also, im pretty sure any government worth its salt would have a designated survivor policy too
  • Am I making sense here @WodiQuix
    Am I making sense here @WodiQuix

Yep. The New Republic, from what we can gather in canon, had more than one fleet patrolling and keeping the peace in the galaxy after the surrender of the Galactic Empire. Also in canon, the capital of the New Republic shifts between several different planets, among them Chandrila and Haidoral Prime. When Haidoral was destroyed along with its fleet, the remaining fleets and leaders likely gathered at another planet (the new secret acting capital) to plan their next move.
  • Considering the fact that the NR spans much more than a solar system, and coupled with the fact that they would not have ALL their political/military leaders in one place(thinking real world, like at every State Of The Union there's some people missing in physical attendance) I think its reasonable to say the NR military is weakened yes but not gone and if Disney says otherwise thats going to raise some ire seeing as how the creation of the NR is one of the main goals of the original trilogy. Im not saying that they need screen time all though it would be nice, but to have the New Republic get 30 seconds of screen time and then they are destroyed is the most stupid idea I can think of
    Considering the fact that the NR spans much more than a solar system, and coupled with the fact that they would not have ALL their political/military leaders in one place(thinking real world, like at every State Of The Union there's some people missing in physical attendance) I think its reasonable to say the NR military is weakened yes but not gone and if Disney says otherwise thats going to raise some ire seeing as how the creation of the NR is one of the main goals of the original trilogy. Im not saying that they need screen time all though it would be nice, but to have the New Republic get 30 seconds of screen time and then they are destroyed is the most **** idea I can think of

I still think it's gone. I feel we would've at least seen something New Republic related in the merchandise, but we still have nothing.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
    Considering the fact that the NR spans much more than a solar system, and coupled with the fact that they would not have ALL their political/military leaders in one place(thinking real world, like at every State Of The Union there's some people missing in physical attendance) I think its reasonable to say the NR military is weakened yes but not gone and if Disney says otherwise thats going to raise some ire seeing as how the creation of the NR is one of the main goals of the original trilogy. Im not saying that they need screen time all though it would be nice, but to have the New Republic get 30 seconds of screen time and then they are destroyed is the most **** idea I can think of

I still think it's gone. I feel we would've at least seen something New Republic related in the merchandise, but we still have nothing.

A man can hope right?

I think it's in so much disarray after the events of TFA that for most intents and purposes it is seemingly gone. Even though there are surely other fleets elsewhere, the primary commanders of the military, not to mention the entire ruling class of Senators, was taken out. The New Republic was effectively decapitated.

I think, considering the fact that Leia and the other Resistance leaders are war heroes, who both served in the original Rebel Alliance and stopped Starkiller Base, that the remaining New Republic forces will band behind them to fight back against the First Order.

While the New Republic may not be truly dead, since The Last Jedi apparently starts up directly after TFA, for all intents and purposes they would be dead for the duration of the events that take place in the film.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Maybe so but it'd be nice to see a new republic remnant, kinda harkening to the GA remnant from old eu. I still think its not that hard to still have the New Republic, the resistance could join them and then it'd be a proper war between two official governments
    Maybe so but it'd be nice to see a new republic remnant, kinda harkening to the GA remnant from old eu. I still think its not that hard to still have the New Republic, the resistance could join them and then it'd be a proper war between two official governments

I'd be alright with that, provided they turn command over to Leia, Ackbar and the other Resistance leaders who were right about the First Order all along. The New Republic really dropped the ball on the whole First Order thing. ;)
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Admiral_Petty
    2412 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Maybe so but it'd be nice to see a new republic remnant, kinda harkening to the GA remnant from old eu. I still think its not that hard to still have the New Republic, the resistance could join them and then it'd be a proper war between two official governments

Double post

The forums are acting a little wonky tonight.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Republic Command actually was aware of the threat but was overruled by the senate. And I dont think its fair to say all of the senate is to blame, because theres the possibility some were like yes lets put an end to the imperial remnants and then the populists were like no military focus on peace and democracy
    Republic Command actually was aware of the threat but was overruled by the senate. And I dont think its fair to say all of the senate is to blame, because theres the possibility some were like yes lets put an end to the imperial remnants and then the populists were like no military focus on peace and democracy

Indeed, and most of the Republic command that felt that way left the New Republic military and joined Leia and the Resistance. Additionally, the officers in the Resistance have the most experience and also stopped Starkiller Base. They definitely deserve to be in charge.

As for the Senate, while there were certainly senators who were wise to the First Order, the Senate as a whole still failed. It's kind of a moot point though, seeing as how they're all dead.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Exactly, just like how the jedi thing was in the old eu, when the order became corrupt there was a purge and a rejuvenated order cane into being, the same should happen with the new republic because they still have a military and more than likely have someone to appoint as an interim chancellor until a senate could be rebuilt

I'd be alright with that, provided they turn command over to Leia, Ackbar and the other Resistance leaders who were right about the First Order all along. The New Republic really dropped the ball on the whole First Order thing. ;)

I also don't see it adding because of what's rumored to be going on in The Resistance. Apparently there's a divide in the Resistance on who should lead, Leia, or Admiral Holdo. A bit of a inner conflict there. Adding yet another divide in forces with the potential NR remnants might confuse the general audience.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif

I also don't see it adding because of what's rumored to be going on in The Resistance. Apparently there's a divide in the Resistance on who should lead, Leia, or Admiral Holdo. A bit of a inner conflict there. Adding yet another divide in forces with the potential NR remnants might confuse the general audience.

Still, Cobalt Squadron, the one who comes to space D'Qar with the bombers would have A-Wings and X-Wings (but hopefully both T-70s and T-85s.
  • Admiral_Petty
    2412 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Another duplicate post that popped up hours later. These forums are really strange sometimes.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Its just annoying how it feels like Disney is basically making the ot null and void since apparently the rebels hard work was for nothing
  • I mean they dont even need screen time, just a mention that they're focusing on rebuilding or something. If the argument on Disney's part is it ne too confusing to have two "good guy" groups, thats just a lack of effort and a cop out. At least I can take solace in the fanfiction that @WodiQuix and I made even though its mot canon (but would work easily since theres no media covering the time frame) that places the bew republic in a much better light
  • Heck I can even see them doing a Pearl Harbor-esque theme. The devastating attack (Pearl Harbor and Hosnian Prime respectively) achieves the opposite of what was intended. Instead of crippling the military/government, it galvanizes the remains into action. What bugs me is when people say oh the NR is gone....its a GALACTIC government, maybe not quite spread out like its predecessors but still, its more than just a solar system, that'd be a system level government, and they wouldnt put all their military around one world when they would have to cover thousands. A defense fleet for the roving capital yes but not the entire army and navy.