criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

General Star Wars discussions

Prev13456711
I know a lot of us like to discuss random topics on various different subjects so I thought I would make a thread for discussing any subject related to Star Wars. Also now TLJ thread can stay more on topic.

The PT villains all represent something that Vader is. Maul was manipulated from birth by Palpatine, Count dooku is a former Jedi who became palps apprentice, and general grievous is a cyborg. Vader is all three of those things.
giphy.gif
I didn't come up with that

Replies

• Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    That's really cool.

Doubt this will become a TLJ thread though.
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    That's really cool.

Doubt this will become a TLJ thread though.

Not sure what you mean. This thread was made so TLJ thread can stay on topic
  • Trooper8059
    10190 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I'm surprised that Bothans haven't been utilized much if at all in canon yet. Anyone else?
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • I'm surprised that Bothans haven't been utilized much if at all in canon yet. Anyone else?

I've wondered the same thing. Especially since they played a big part in episode 6
  • I hope they explore General Grievous' canon backstory after they're done with the Sequel Trilogy, they have a lot of catching up to do after they wiped out the EU.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
  • I hope they explore General Grievous' canon backstory after they're done with the Sequel Trilogy, they have a lot of catching up to do after they wiped out the EU.

Grievous solo film would be amazing
  • Trooper8059
    10190 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    I hope they explore General Grievous' canon backstory after they're done with the Sequel Trilogy, they have a lot of catching up to do after they wiped out the EU.

Are we talking live action or animated? I can't see Lucasfilm investing in a live action film due to the costs of CGI for the main character; they'd probably have to make the environment CG to not have the character feel out of place.

It's why you don't see films that are like the SWTOR cinematics.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    I hope they explore General Grievous' canon backstory after they're done with the Sequel Trilogy, they have a lot of catching up to do after they wiped out the EU.

Are we talking live action or animated? I can't see Lucasfilm investing in a live action film due to the costs of CGI for the main character; they'd probably have to make the environment CG to not have the character feel out of place.

I would be fine with animated. TBH I would even be happy with a canon book dedicated to grievous' backstory

I would be fine with animated. TBH I would even be happy with a canon book dedicated to grievous' backstory

I'd be fine with a comic too. Or like with Thrawn, a comic based on the book.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • bfloo
    12991 posts Member
    Maul wasn't manipulated, he was trained as a Sith the same way Jedi take children and train them to be Jedi.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited September 2017

Nooooooooo. Everybody plan on unnecessary mystery behind everything in the hopes to keep the story interesting. This is unbelievable
  • bfloo
    12991 posts Member

Nooooooooo. Everybody plan on unnecessary mystery behind everything in the hopes to keep the story interesting. This is unbelievable

A mystery behind everything failed to make the first film interesting.

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

Yeah I hope the reveals in TLJ don't fall short just because JJ decided to add the mystery box element and get everything hyped up.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif

Yeah I hope the reveals in TLJ don't fall short just because JJ decided to add the mystery box element and get everything hyped up.

I'm honestly not expecting much reveals. Apparently it's already been stated snoke's origin or backstory won't be discussed and rian has already said that Rey's parents would be addressed but possibly not revealed. IMO the whole "who is Rey's parents" thing is being built up too much.
  • Hey so not to change the subject at all , but in a new hope, why does Han solo apologize to the bartender and tip him " for the mess" , while obi wan straight up disarms this dude, blood everywhere, no apologies, no tip, and holding that lightsaber just asking anyone to say something and get disembodied. This has been bothering me. Thoughts?
    bfloo wrote: »

I'm honestly not expecting much reveals. Apparently it's already been stated snoke's origin or backstory won't be discussed and rian has already said that Rey's parents would be addressed but possibly not revealed. IMO the whole "who is Rey's parents" thing is being built up too much.
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    Hey so not to change the subject at all , but in a new hope, why does Han solo apologize to the bartender and tip him " for the mess" , while obi wan straight up disarms this dude, blood everywhere, no apologies, no tip, and holding that lightsaber just asking anyone to say something and get disembodied. This has been bothering me. Thoughts?

Lol these are the things that keep us fans up at night :D
    Okay to your question, there could be many reasons.

The most likely reason is that Han is probably a regular at the cantina and wanted to be nice for making a mess in that guys cantina. Old Ben didn't care because he thinks everyone there is nothing but villains.
    BTW you didn't make this thread off topic. This thread is to discuss anything ;)

• Ah I like that idea, as a regular Han would try to be polite. It indeed opens another can of worms with obi wan though. Apparently he thinks he's above everyone else, which he very well may be to be honest. Which would set an obi wan movie with an obi that is like Clint Eastwood , dissulsioned and craving vigilante justice. That's a movie I would stand in line for
  • bfloo
    12991 posts Member
    Hey so not to change the subject at all , but in a new hope, why does Han solo apologize to the bartender and tip him " for the mess" , while obi wan straight up disarms this dude, blood everywhere, no apologies, no tip, and holding that lightsaber just asking anyone to say something and get disembodied. This has been bothering me. Thoughts?

Jedi are merciless killers that have no remorse.

Don't forget, the 'peaceful' Jedi will drop everything to go kill a Sith all through out the old canon.

h846398gb27k.png

• mastery0ta wrote: »

Lol these are the things that keep us fans up at night :D
    Okay to your question, there could be many reasons.

The most likely reason is that Han is probably a regular at the cantina and wanted to be nice for making a mess in that guys cantina. Old Ben didn't care because he thinks everyone there is nothing but villains.
    BTW you didn't make this thread off topic. This thread is to discuss anything ;)
  • That's odd. I didn't post that comment twice.
    That scene always bothered me, too. My question is, "Is murder legal in the Outer Rim?" Because Han straight up murders Greedo, and flips a coin and says sorry about the mess? Isn't there a society in place that frowns upon murder? There is money, and there's a drinking hole. My point is, it doesn't seem like anarchy or uncivilized society. Han also wears his blaster in a holster, so I think in 1977 they were aiming at Han being viewed as a cool gunslinger of sorts from the Old West. A vigilante. Maybe that's the wrong word. Outlaw. Westerns were popular in the 70s, so I think a new hope was viewed as a "space western" to some people.
    "Poodoo!" - Sebulba
    That scene always bothered me, too. My question is, "Is murder legal in the Outer Rim?" Because Han straight up murders Greedo, and flips a coin and says sorry about the mess? Isn't there a society in place that frowns upon murder? There is money, and there's a drinking hole. My point is, it doesn't seem like anarchy or uncivilized society. Han also wears his blaster in a holster, so I think in 1977 they were aiming at Han being viewed as a cool gunslinger of sorts from the Old West. A vigilante. Maybe that's the wrong word. Outlaw. Westerns were popular in the 70s, so I think a new hope was viewed as a "space western" to some people.

Mos eisley was a place where all the scum and villains went. Old Ben said that himself. They probably disregarded what Han did because they knew greedo was a bounty hunter that was trying to kill Han. Seeing things like that is probably not unusual at the cantina
    Mos eisley was a place where all the scum and villains went. Old Ben said that himself. They probably disregarded what Han did because they knew greedo was a bounty hunter that was trying to kill Han. Seeing things like that is probably not unusual at the cantina

I can't disagree with that. I suppose the only "police" are the Empire's Stormtroopers, and they're more concerned with finding the droids they're looking for, not keeping bounty hunters in check.
    "Poodoo!" - Sebulba
  • bfloo
    12991 posts Member

Tattooine was run by the Hutts. As long as you were in Jabba's good graces, you could do pretty much anything you pleased.

h846398gb27k.png

• ROMG4
    2049 posts Member
    In the Comics it is mentioned Jabba has a Murder Tax
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava

https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First

Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."

The OOM-9 Thread

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Random fact: max rebo agreed to be jabba's musician for unlimited food :D
  • bfloo
    12991 posts Member
    Random fact: max rebo agreed to be jabba's musician for unlimited food :D

Best deal Jabba ever made ;)

h846398gb27k.png

• Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Had to share this!
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Anyone else really afraid of the rumors that snoke will make Palpatine look like a chump? And that he was no more than snoke's puppet? This would really ruin the stories other characters...
    Anyone else really afraid of the rumors that snoke will make Palpatine look like a chump? And that he was no more than snoke's puppet? This would really ruin the stories other characters...
    You seriously buying in to Star Wars Theories?
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."

The OOM-9 Thread

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • bfloo
    12991 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »

With the bigger is better theme they went with for the FO, this is sadly possible :(

h846398gb27k.png

With the bigger is better theme they went with for the FO, this is sadly possible :(
    Come on he's the Cheesy Ham Lord of the Internet

No one can beat Ian's Laugh not even Dr. Claw or Agent Smith

N O O N E

Not even Andy Serkis can beat it
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread

• bfloo
    12991 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

Come on he's the Cheesy Ham Lord of the Internet

No one can beat Ian's Laugh not even Dr. Claw or Agent Smith

N O O N E

Not even Andy Serkis can beat it

Darth Sidious is among the best villains of all time.

Can't really say either way with Snoke so far.

h846398gb27k.png

• ROMG4 wrote: »

It comes from a credible leak source that's been correct about previous stuff
  • I watched a video showing a theory on how Order 66 awakened Snoke and I fell in love with it.
  • I watched a video showing a theory on how Order 66 awakened Snoke and I fell in love with it.

I would be fine with that, just not snoke being massively more powerful than everybody else.

Oh you mean Star Wars Theory? I love that channel.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• What is your favorite droid?
    Mine is R5-D4. If you know the legends backstory of him he is quite the droid. He purposely blew himself up so R2 would get chosen cause he knew R2 had a special mission. What a hero :D
    What is your favorite droid?
    Mine is R5-D4. If you know the legends backstory of him he is quite the droid. He purposely blew himself up so R2 would get chosen cause he knew R2 had a special mission. What a hero :D

I love K2, he has so much sass its impossible to not like him.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

I prefer the idea that R2 sabotaged him somehow.
  • Stalemate wrote: »

Fits a lot when you think about it. R2 is merciless.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Stalemate wrote: »

Fits a lot when you think about it. R2 is merciless.

Yeah exactly it fits his character perfectly. No **** given.

HK-47
    PSN - Gingertom_ add me if you feel like it

i hate this game why am i here

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
    Had to share this!

I lost it at 4:22 hahaha! What was he thinking?
    Failed to connect to EA Online.
  • ROMG4
    2049 posts Member
    OOM-9 obviously
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread

What was it?

What was it?
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Don't know about you all but the most infuriating comment someone could make is when someone mentions the idea of Rey being the chosen one. Reading this lately on Reddit but it's just random silly ideas from people. But still, you just can't change something that's completed. Anakin brought balance not Rey. Rey can be her own character.
    Don't know about you all but the most infuriating comment someone could make is when someone mentions the idea of Rey being the chosen one. Reading this lately on Reddit but it's just random silly ideas from people. But still, you just can't change something that's completed. Anakin brought balance not Rey. Rey can be her own character.
    I hate when people say that, when someone brings up the idea that Rey is the Chosen One, or if anyone else (even Luke) was the Chosen One. Anakin was the Chosen One.