criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

General Star Wars discussions

15678911Next

Replies

• I just saw this GIF where Vader disappears, is this actually in one of the movie versions, because I don't recall ever seeing it before. Just curious. Any thoughts? Thanks.
    AiH2.gif
    "Rise."
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    I just saw this GIF where Vader disappears, is this actually in one of the movie versions, because I don't recall ever seeing it before. Just curious. Any thoughts? Thanks.
    AiH2.gif

That’s fake haha
    Psn: Jello770
  • Jello770 wrote: »
    I just saw this GIF where Vader disappears, is this actually in one of the movie versions, because I don't recall ever seeing it before. Just curious. Any thoughts? Thanks.
    AiH2.gif

That’s fake haha

I just like to keep you on your toes @Jello770. (I honestly thought for a sec that it was added to the special editions. I usually watch my old VHS copy, so I wouldn't know, but that would contradict the cremation scene, so yeah good call lol)
    "Rise."
  • I need to just get online and buy the Despecialized blu rays already. I know I would love them.
    "Rise."
  • Jello770 wrote: »
    AiH2.gif

That’s fake haha
    Good, otherwise the Mandela Effect debate would be raging again.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • I recently re-watched Attack of the Clones, and one of my favorite scenes is the part with the Geonosian speaking his native language and talking with Dooku about not letting his "designs for the ultimate weapon" get into the hands of the Jedi, and boy now I wish that Rogue One, even though I like it a lot, would've mentioned that the Death Star was designed by Geonosians and not Galen Erso, at least not entirely. What do you guys think about them not mentioning Geonosians in Rogue One?
    ed91e0975ee02270416321264d2a5837a210d8e9_hq.gif

"Rise."
  • DarthJ
    6757 posts Member
    I recently re-watched Attack of the Clones, and one of my favorite scenes is the part with the Geonosian speaking his native language and talking with Dooku about not letting his "designs for the ultimate weapon" get into the hands of the Jedi, and boy now I wish that Rogue One, even though I like it a lot, would've mentioned that the Death Star was designed by Geonosians and not Galen Erso, at least not entirely. What do you guys think about them not mentioning Geonosians in Rogue One?

I didn't mind so much - Galen Erso was involved in the engineering and technicalities, not necessarily the overall blueprint or design. Yeah he would have had some input but not overall design.

If you read Rogue One: Catalyst, that goes into more detail about it. Krennic is overseeing the start of the construction of it at Geonosis at the end of The Clone Wars. At that point, the Geonosians are prisoners and are helping construct it initially. Poggle The Lesser spends his time stirring up the workers and things like that.

However, at the end of Episode 3, you see the Death Star being constructed in space, not near Geonosis. So I assume it was moved not long after.

I need to reread Catalyst
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • bfloo
    15931 posts Member
    I recently re-watched Attack of the Clones, and one of my favorite scenes is the part with the Geonosian speaking his native language and talking with Dooku about not letting his "designs for the ultimate weapon" get into the hands of the Jedi, and boy now I wish that Rogue One, even though I like it a lot, would've mentioned that the Death Star was designed by Geonosians and not Galen Erso, at least not entirely. What do you guys think about them not mentioning Geonosians in Rogue One?

They never implied that Galen designed it, he worked on the weapons system.

Tarkin always claimed credit for the design, at least it is how it is implied.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• DarthJ wrote: »

I didn't mind so much - Galen Erso was involved in the engineering and technicalities, not necessarily the overall blueprint or design. Yeah he would have had some input but not overall design.

If you read Rogue One: Catalyst, that goes into more detail about it. Krennic is overseeing the start of the construction of it at Geonosis at the end of The Clone Wars. At that point, the Geonosians are prisoners and are helping construct it initially. Poggle The Lesser spends his time stirring up the workers and things like that.

However, at the end of Episode 3, you see the Death Star being constructed in space, not near Geonosis. So I assume it was moved not long after.

I need to reread Catalyst

Very cool, thanks for the reply.
    "Rise."
  • bfloo wrote: »

I agree. Good points.
    "Rise."
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    bfloo wrote: »

I agree. Good points.

Rogue One: Catalyst explains a lot more on how the geonosians helped with the Death Star post-Attack of The Clones.

Essentially, after Poggle died, the geonosians became very unreliable in terms of constructing the Death Star.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • bfloo wrote: »

I agree. Good points.

Rogue One: Catalyst explains a lot more on how the geonosians helped with the Death Star post-Attack of The Clones.

Essentially, after Poggle died, the geonosians became very unreliable in terms of constructing the Death Star.

Very Interesting. Thanks for that. I listened to Lucas' commentary on the blu-ray for AotC during that scene, and Lucas says, "...But Jay and Silent Bob think that all those Geonosians died during construction...." or something to that effect. I was like, "Actually it's Randall and Dante," but hey, getting a Clerks shout out in the official commentary from Lucas is still pretty cool. lol
    "Rise."
  • DarthJ
    6757 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

I agree. Good points.

And then the comics revealed that the Empire tested weapons on the Geonosians, effectively wiping them out.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I don't want to get my hopes up for anything, speculate with what you will though.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Too late - hope is all we have and this is a spark.
  • Happy Friday to you all. Hey, so I fell asleep watching The Force Awakens in 3D while wearing the PSVR headset last night! haha, woke up and was like, who turned out the lights, and why is it 1am? PS4's in rest mode already. lol But I noticed one thing I never noticed before: When Han tells Rey and Finn aboard the Falcon that the Jedi, the Force, it's all real, all of it; the LOOK on Rey's face just glows with happiness, as if she just got confirmation that the feelings inside of her, that she previously didn't understand, are the Force, which she previously didn't even think was real. I love the line when she tells Luke in TLJ, "Something inside me has always been there. But now it's awake. And I'm afraid." That's so cool that she just learned that she and Luke (the Legend) are cut from the same cloth, so to speak. But she doesn't say anything to Han or Finn, she keeps it to herself. who would believe her anyway? (BB-8 would.) Finn would scoff if she told him, "I''m just like Skywalker!" Yeah, sure you are. (but she is!) Anyway, love TFA, such a fun movie just dripping with nostalgia. I for one, LOVE that it's so similar to A New Hope.
    "Rise."