criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

General Star Wars discussions

Replies

• Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Don't know about you all but the most infuriating comment someone could make is when someone mentions the idea of Rey being the chosen one. Reading this lately on Reddit but it's just random silly ideas from people. But still, you just can't change something that's completed. Anakin brought balance not Rey. Rey can be her own character.
    I hate when people say that, when someone brings up the idea that Rey is the Chosen One, or if anyone else (even Luke) was the Chosen One. Anakin was the Chosen One.

Luke was simply the catalyst that allowed Anakin to fulfill his destiny. He set him on a path towards redemption following the duel on Bespin and his comments after his voluntary capture on Endor drew the light out from under the dark.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • Quizolio wrote: »
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Don't know about you all but the most infuriating comment someone could make is when someone mentions the idea of Rey being the chosen one. Reading this lately on Reddit but it's just random silly ideas from people. But still, you just can't change something that's completed. Anakin brought balance not Rey. Rey can be her own character.
    I hate when people say that, when someone brings up the idea that Rey is the Chosen One, or if anyone else (even Luke) was the Chosen One. Anakin was the Chosen One.

Luke was simply the catalyst that allowed Anakin to fulfill his destiny. He set him on a path towards redemption following the duel on Bespin and his comments after his voluntary capture on Endor drew the light out from under the dark.

This^ plus Anakin brought balance and destroyed the sith. Snoke and Kylo aren't sith!
  • Yeah, please no chosen one reincarnated. That will ruin it for me.

JJ Abrams doing episode 9 will be to leave some sort of mysterious ending so that 10, 11 and 12 come along
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Quizolio
    3221 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Yeah, please no chosen one reincarnated. That will ruin it for me.
    I agree. Besides:
    I'm a fan of the theory that Rey won't be the 'reincarnation' but something else entirely. It bases that, when Luke says 'its time for the Jedi to end' in the trailer, he is really alluding to the need for a user of the force not bound by either the light or the dark. A Gray Jedi. Rey steps out of the traditional boundaries set forth and becomes this entity.
    It is my personal opinion that the recent revelation that the Last Jedi is in fact Luke gives this some traction. But that's my opinion.
    - tankertoad
  • Trooper8059
    10190 posts Member
    edited September 2017

JJ Abrams doing episode 9 will be to leave some sort of mysterious ending so that 10, 11 and 12 come along

We need a break after 9 (+2020 film) IMO.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Quizolio wrote: »
    I agree. Besides:
    I'm a fan of the theory that Rey won't be the 'reincarnation' but something else entirely. It bases that, when Luke says 'its time for the Jedi to end' in the trailer, he is really alluding to the need for a user of the force not bound by either the light or the dark. A Gray Jedi. Rey steps out of the traditional boundaries set forth and becomes this entity.
    It is my personal opinion that the recent revelation that the Last Jedi is in fact Luke gives this some traction. But that's my opinion.

Ah that makes sense actually.
  • DarthJ wrote: »

I agree but what are the odds from, say, 2022 the next trilogy starts. It will get milked like my beloved superhero genre, until people get sick of them.
  • ROMG4
    2049 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Quizolio wrote: »
    I agree. Besides:
    Meh, I never like the Grey-Jedi Concept

So why is something that belongs to the Dark Side and needs Anger and Haterd to use suddenly good if you also Use The Light-Side?

Very contradictal since it seems like the moment anyone touches the Dark Side they begin to be corrupted

I liked when the Darth Plaguieus novel discredited it

Not to say Jole Bindo wasn't cool
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava

https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First

Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."

The OOM-9 Thread

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • I don't think they will ever use gray jedi in the new canon. Pablo doesn't like it.
  • bfloo
    12989 posts Member
    Stalemate wrote: »
    I don't think they will ever use gray jedi in the new canon. Pablo doesn't like it.

He shouldn't, the point of being a jedi is to be a light side fanatic
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    I don't think they will ever use gray jedi in the new canon. Pablo doesn't like it.

And rightfully so.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.

Definitely. As it is their plans are going to milk the franchise pretty hard. If they're not careful they'll fatigue the audience just as the Marvel Cinematic Universe has.
    - tankertoad

And hopefully they don't stop with the story and philosophy of the Jedi. If Luke thinks the Jedi are wrong and shouldn't be then ROTJ gets diminished. It should then be called return of the problem causer
  • bfloo
    12989 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

And hopefully they don't stop with the story and philosophy of the Jedi. If Luke thinks the Jedi are wrong and shouldn't be then ROTJ gets diminished. It should then be called return of the problem causer

Maybe he was a problem causer and that is why he ran away :o

h846398gb27k.png

LOL. Maybe. Or maybe smooth talking lando took his girl and asked her to join him for a little refreshment only to find luke there which then caused luke to burst out in anger and destroy lando. Feeling ashamed luke went in hiding. This is also why lando isn't in the new movies. This is canon :blush:
    :D
  • bfloo
    12989 posts Member

LOL. Maybe. Or maybe smooth talking lando took his girl and asked her to join him for a little refreshment only to find luke there which then caused luke to burst out in anger and destroy lando. Feeling ashamed luke went in hiding. This is also why lando isn't in the new movies. This is canon :blush:
    :D

Better plot than TFA so far :)

h846398gb27k.png

• ROMG4
    2049 posts Member
    Well I guess Cheesy Ham Lord's "Leaked news" about Luke isn't all that bad if his info about why Luke is hiding turns out to be real

IF they make Snoke laugh more evilly then Palpatine I'll still get really mad
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."

The OOM-9 Thread

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    Well I guess Cheesy Ham Lord's "Leaked news" about Luke isn't all that bad if his info about why Luke is hiding turns out to be real

If snoke is more powerful than Palpatine I'm going to be really mad
  • bfloo
    12989 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »

If snoke is more powerful than Palpatine I'm going to be really mad

+1 hue

h846398gb27k.png

• Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Anyone else getting tired of lucasfilm constantly trying to change things about the PT and the originals? The latest is that they are now saying luke was never meant to be trained and that Leia was the only one of anakin's kids that was supposed to be trained. Luke was supposed to be no more than a backup plan if something were to happen to Leia. This is getting ridiculous, and makes no sense other than the obvious. I'm really getting sick of male characters being cast aside and diminished just to fit Kathleen's SW is for girls to message (this isn't something debatable, she has constantly and publicly said this in interviews multiple times. Score you right some silly response, I'm fine with girls being in SW and thinks it great, but what they are doing is just silly message pushing in everything)I mean if luke wasn't even supposed to be trained then wasn't Obi-wan wasting his time on Tattooine? And why not train Leia earlier if it was so important for her to be the one getting trained instead of luke? I mean if luke wasn't even supposed to be trained then wasn't Obi-wan wasting his time on Tattooine? And why not train Leia earlier if it was so important for her to be the one getting trained instead of luke? It's just starting to get sad at this point
    Anyone else getting tired of lucasfilm constantly trying to change things about the PT and the originals? The latest is that they are now saying luke was never meant to be trained and that Leia was the only one of anakin's kids that was supposed to be trained. Luke was supposed to be no more than a backup plan if something were to happen to Leia. This is getting ridiculous, and makes no sense other than the obvious. I'm really getting sick of male characters being cast aside and diminished just to fit Kathleen's SW is for girls to message (this isn't something debatable, she has constantly and publicly said this in interviews multiple times. Score you right some silly response, I'm fine with girls being in SW and thinks it great, but what they are doing is just silly message pushing in everything)I mean if luke wasn't even supposed to be trained then wasn't Obi-wan wasting his time on Tattooine? And why not train Leia earlier if it was so important for her to be the one getting trained instead of luke? I mean if luke wasn't even supposed to be trained then wasn't Obi-wan wasting his time on Tattooine? And why not train Leia earlier if it was so important for her to be the one getting trained instead of luke? It's just starting to get sad at this point

Thats the way the world is these days. If they try to tarnish Luke it wont go down well, as much as I love Leia and she is a unique character in her own way. Thats why I struggle to enjoy TFA. I really want to like Finn but they just make him so incompetent so that Rey looks even better. Never felt such annoyance as when she knows the Falcon better than Han does, I mean come on....

I love Leia, Padme and Jyn, but Rey is just not likeable currently

Thats the way the world is these days. If they try to tarnish Luke it wont go down well, as much as I love Leia and she is a unique character in her own way. Thats why I struggle to enjoy TFA. I really want to like Finn but they just make him so incompetent so that Rey looks even better. Never felt such annoyance as when she knows the Falcon better than Han does, I mean come on....

I love Leia, Padme and Jyn, but Rey is just not likeable currently

Agreed, Yeah I really don't like Finn also. And the falcon scene where she tells Han how to fix his ship is infuriating
  • I'm honestly starting to question my own love for the ST. :/

Yes... search your feelings, give into the dark side. Use your hatred, it makes you stronger, more powerful :naughty:
    ;)
    Anyone else getting tired of lucasfilm constantly trying to change things about the PT and the originals? The latest is that they are now saying luke was never meant to be trained and that Leia was the only one of anakin's kids that was supposed to be trained. Luke was supposed to be no more than a backup plan if something were to happen to Leia. This is getting ridiculous, and makes no sense other than the obvious. I'm really getting sick of male characters being cast aside and diminished just to fit Kathleen's "SW is for girls too" message (this isn't something debatable, she has constantly and publicly said this in interviews multiple times. Before you right some silly response, I'm fine with girls being in SW and think its great, but what they are doing is just silly message pushing in everything)I mean if luke wasn't even supposed to be trained then wasn't Obi-wan wasting his time on Tattooine? And why not train Leia earlier if it was so important for her to be the one getting trained instead of luke? I mean if luke wasn't even supposed to be trained then wasn't Obi-wan wasting his time on Tattooine? And why not train Leia earlier if it was so important for her to be the one getting trained instead of luke? It's just starting to get sad at this point
    Fixed a few grammar errors that was too late to fix ^

Ever since I went to the internet after watching TFA I've been critical of the ST. It's fun when you don't think about what happens, but falls apart when you do.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • ROMG4
    2049 posts Member
    1484494847594203719.png

I don't know
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread

Ever since I went to the internet after watching TFA I've been critical of the ST. It's fun when you don't think about what happens, but falls apart when you do.

+1 million hues. It's like dating a beautiful,boring woman, after the first few times out, you start hating yourself for being into it in the first place..
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    They are making more forces of destiny episodes :(
  • bfloo
    12989 posts Member

After the whole paint bomb thing with IG-88, if they beat Boba with crayons I'm done with Disney Star Wars.

h846398gb27k.png

• Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member

After the whole paint bomb thing with IG-88, if they beat Boba with crayons I'm done with Disney Star Wars.

I'm starting to doubt whether they can just make a good series anymore without trying to pander to some select audience
  • bfloo
    12989 posts Member

I'm starting to doubt whether they can just make a good series anymore without trying to pander to some select audience

The audience of this show is pretty specific.

Disney needs a Star Wars 'princess' to take off with the lil girls.

h846398gb27k.png

• Bring Back The Clone Wars
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member

Your probably right. They should just make a show for everyone and for all audiences
  • bfloo
    12989 posts Member

Your probably right. They should just make a show for everyone and for all audiences

We had one, CW :'(

Maybe season 4 of Rebelz will be good.

h846398gb27k.png

• Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member

We had one, CW :'(

Maybe season 4 of Rebelz will be good.

Let's hope. Help is Dave filoni you're our only hope
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    Anyone noticed how Han and Leia refer to snoke as like someone they personally knew? They seem to know much about him
  • DarthJ
    5232 posts Member
    Anyone noticed how Han and Leia refer to snoke as like someone they personally knew? They seem to know much about him

I just took that as hes more of a known villain with them at that point, purely because he turned Kylo to the dark side, and would have been identified between eps 6 and 7, rather than personally knowing him. If that makes sense
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member

I just took that as hes more of a known villain with them at that point, purely because he turned Kylo to the dark side, and would have been identified between eps 6 and 7, rather than personally knowing him. If that makes sense

But they seem to act like they personally knew him. Also he likely would have had to been around Kylo a lot while he was younger to persuade Kylo to join him

But they seem to act like they personally knew him. Also he likely would have had to been around Kylo a lot while he was younger to persuade Kylo to join him

Or he could influence him through the Force, similar to Palpatine with Anakin here.

Not once does Palpatine say this line to Anakin prior, it's clearly through the force.

A better example would also be Snoke trying to motivate Rey to strike down Kylo in the TFA novelization.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited October 2017

Or he could influence him through the Force, similar to Palpatine with Anakin here.

Not once does Palpatine say this line to Anakin prior, it's clearly through the force.

A better example would also be Snoke trying to motivate Rey to strike down Kylo in the TFA novelization.

Palps was also around anakin a lot and influenced anakin into trusting him. You make A good point, and its Definitely possible. But my main point is that Han and Leia seem to act like they personally knew him and also know about him.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member

okay trooper you are really on to something now. I just found out through a recent leak that snoke does indeed use the force to talk and to influence people. This is a confirmed leak. It comes from TLJ everything you need to know book that was recently leaked

okay trooper you are really on to something now. I just found out through a recent leak that snoke does indeed use the force to talk and to influence people. This is a confirmed leak. It comes from TLJ everything you need to know book that was recently leaked
    Snoke is Darth Plagueis confirmed. :D
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    Anyone know which clone wars episode this is? It’s the episode where Jedi invade some separatists ship and when they get to the control room they see the droids operating the ship and the obvious B1 commander droid (with colors on his head) points at a basic droid and says “im not the commander, he’s the commander”
    My and some buddies were talking about this after while playing as the officer class and it made me think of that episode, but I can’t find which one it was.
    Anyone know which clone wars episode this is? It’s the episode where Jedi invade some separatists ship and when they get to the control room they see the droids operating the ship and the obvious B1 commander droid (with colors on his head) points at a basic droid and says “im not the commander, he’s the commander”
    My and some buddies were talking about this after while playing as the officer class and it made me think of that episode, but I can’t find which one it was.
    Cargo of Doom.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    Cargo of Doom.

Thanks! I owe you one. Here’s a cookie :cookie:
    Cargo of Doom.

Just like mother used to make!
  • bfloo
    12989 posts Member
    Cargo of Doom.

I want a cookie... :'(

h846398gb27k.png

Cargo of Doom.

I want a cookie... :'(

Okay here you go
    no
    jk
    here ya go :cookie:
  • s10j3ai4firz.png
    Two lost force users. One is manipulated by his mentor that just uses him for his power. The other just wants to find her place in all this but her mentor fears what she could be capable of. They find each other, both just wanting to be appreciated and for someone to show them their way. They join alliance and balance each other out.

Oh it’s beautiful