criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

General Star Wars discussions

Replies

• Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Two lost force users. One is manipulated by his mentor that just uses him for his power. The other just wants to find her place in all this but her mentor fears what she could be capable of. They find each other, both just wanting to be appreciated and for someone to show them their way. They join alliance and balance each other out.

Oh it’s beautiful
    Looking at it from this angle, we could be in for an epic wrap-up in Episode 9.

"A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • ROMG4
    3708 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    s10j3ai4fir.png
    Two lost force users. One is manipulated by his mentor that just uses him for his power. The other just wants to find her place in all this but her mentor fears what she could be capable of. They find each other, both just wanting to be appreciated and for someone to show them their way. They join alliance and balance each other out.

Oh it’s beautiful

Romance....

zO6FNKZ.gif
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

• bfloo
    16659 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    s10j3ai4fir.png

Oh it’s beautiful

Romance....

zO6FNKZ.gif

Sounds more like a chick flick :|
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• ROMG4 wrote: »
    s10j3ai4fir.png

Oh it’s beautiful

Romance....

zO6FNKZ.gif

No one said anything about it having to involve romance
  • I’m convinced snoke is darth Plagueis or at least was the plan at one point. I know you have heard this theory plenty of times before, just hear me out. I used to think it was possible but then stopped, but now I’m convinced he is Plagueis.

A few points
    - First is the music. When snoke is mentioned it plays the exact same note that is played when palps mentions Plagueis to anakin
    - snoke regenerated. Only Plagueis is thought to of had this power
    - the incredibly awkward line when ren says the surpreme leader is wise. It just came out of nowhere and seemed forced. Who else is also known as the wise? Plagueis
    - He looks like he’s been viciously attacked, likely by Palpatine.
    - it wouldn’t really make sense to have some incredibly strong force user to that we haven’t heard of before. It would tie all stories together nicely.
    - Snoke isn’t a sith but Plagueis was a sith? Correct but after Palpatine’s betrayal snoke stopped with the sith and the rule of 2
    - I’m aware of Pablo’s tweet. But he would haft to deny it because beating around the bush would be obvious. Also his tweet is technically right because they are different characters now. Snoke is way different than what he possibly used to be as Plagueis

Okay and this is the best and most compelling evidence!! So In this video somebody asked them about if they could have any ideas for Plagueis. Listen to when the guy asks the question, immediately after there an obvious awkward silence and daisy says is that sn- before jj quickly and nervously interrupts asking the other guy if he would like to answer the question. The guy obviously plays it dumb saying “darth Vegas” merging the words Plagueis and Vader together and then says do you mean Vader? Jj is obviously upset with his answer and quickly moves on to the next topic. Watch the video
  • bfloo
    16659 posts Member
    Darth Plagueis has no lower jaw.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• WarfareKiller41
    7192 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    bfloo wrote: »
    Darth Plagueis has no physical canon appearance.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited October 2017

He was mentioned in the movies. Plus that doesn’t matter. They constantly keep adding stuff from legends to canon. Plus he was palps mentor, Pablo confirmed it. The fact that not much about him is known is canon means they can literally do whatever they want with his character. The video really convinced me this is likely. Ridley literally was about to say “is that snoke?”
  • DarthJ
    6928 posts Member

He was mentioned in the movies. Plus that doesn’t matter. They constantly keep adding stuff from legends to canon. Plus he was palps mentor, Pablo confirmed it. The fact that not much about him is known is canon means they can literally do whatever they want with his character. The video really convinced me this is likely. Ridley literally was about to say “is that snoke?”

It would be the most credible theory, but then again it wouldnt surprise me if Disney have just thought 'lets make a bigger badder Palps' without thinking of the consequences. Surely someone in the Galaxy would have heard of an extremely powerful dark force user? Or the most powerful force users (i.e. Yoda/Palps) would have been aware of him? I imagine if he isn't Plagueis it'll be a case of 'he was just hiding in the unknown regions the whole time'
    PSN: ibrajoker59

I mean physical appearance, as in his face and stuff. I want to believe that Snoke is Plagueis, that was one of my theories after I saw TFA. But eh, I just can't find it happening anymore.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif

I mean physical appearance, as in his face and stuff. I want to believe that Snoke is Plagueis, that was one of my theories after I saw TFA. But eh, I just can't find it happening anymore.

The fact that he doesn’t have a physical appearance makes the idea even better. They can do whatever they want with Plagueis and make it canon. Also Did you check out the video? I really think regardless of what happens, snoke at least at some point was for sure going to turn out to be Plagueis. I used to think he was Plagueis then stopped and now am nearly convinced this is the most likely route they are going
  • DarthJ wrote: »

It would be the most credible theory, but then again it wouldnt surprise me if Disney have just thought 'lets make a bigger badder Palps' without thinking of the consequences. Surely someone in the Galaxy would have heard of an extremely powerful dark force user? Or the most powerful force users (i.e. Yoda/Palps) would have been aware of him? I imagine if he isn't Plagueis it'll be a case of 'he was just hiding in the unknown regions the whole time'

The fact that he doesn’t have a physical appearance makes the idea even better. They can do whatever they want with Plagueis and make it canon. Also Did you check out the video? I really think regardless of what happens, snoke at least at some point was for sure going to turn out to be Plagueis. I used to think he was Plagueis then stopped and now am nearly convinced this is the most likely route they are going
  • Ciao EA Star War, there's one thing I would like to bring up to you about the single player campaign mode. I have to say the multiplayer mode / BETA are amazing. I'm somewhat disappointed that I hear you only putting the story mode in the single player campaign mode. I'm really hoping you could heed my concerns because I'm very sure majority of the star war fan would like to have most of the modes from the multiplayer adds onto the single player campaign mode too like Heroes, Galactic Assault etc. Hey star war fan, please share with everyone and spread out to make some change before they release the game in NoV!
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Anyone else notice in the trailer when luke tells someone this isn’t going to go the way you thinkthat he is in the same position palps was before he unleashed unlimited power on windu? LOL
    He seems to have been in some type of conflict with someone and has been holding back and possibly is warning someone?
    Post edited by Cad_Bane on
  • DarthJ
    6928 posts Member
    Anyone else notice in the trailer when luke tells someone this isn’t going to go the way you thinkthat he is in the same position palps was before he unleashed unlimited power on windu? LOL
    He seems to have been in some type of conflict with someone and has been holding back and possibly is warning someone?

I noticed it was pouring of rain, which looked the same in Reys vision of Kylo killing with the Knights of Ren around him?

I noticed it was pouring of rain, which looked the same in Reys vision of Kylo killing with the Knights of Ren around him?

That’s a good point. It could be a flashback when Kylo is destroying the academy

That was my initial thought as well.
    "In my book, experience outranks everything."
  • DarthJ
    6928 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »

That’s a good point. It could be a flashback when Kylo is destroying the academy

Yeah, and Luke saying it won't end how you think...possibly hinting at Snoke using Kylo?
  • I’m incredibly disappointed with the from a certain point of view book. Anyone else checked it out? Of course it’s them making totally unnecessary changes to characters backstories and trying to put new spins on certain things. Very disappointing...
    I’m incredibly disappointed with the from a certain point of view book. Anyone else checked it out? Of course it’s them making totally unnecessary changes to characters backstories and trying to put new spins on certain things. Very disappointing...

I have only read the first 4/5 stories and I have been enjoying it.

I was a little annoyed the changed the name of the Tusken Raider that attacked Luke though.

I’m incredibly disappointed with the from a certain point of view book. Anyone else checked it out? Of course it’s them making totally unnecessary changes to characters backstories and trying to put new spins on certain things. Very disappointing...

Only 3 chapters/stories in this point. Started off strong with the Raymus story, but I wasn't a fan of the one involving the stormtrooper who stunned Leia. His story is trying to add personality to a stormtrooper and have Leia acknowledge it, but yet that never plays out at any other point in canon.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif

Only 3 chapters/stories in this point. Started off strong with the Raymus story, but I wasn't a fan of the one involving the stormtrooper who stunned Leia. His story is trying to add personality to a stormtrooper and have Leia acknowledge it, but yet that never plays out at any other point in canon.

Yeah a lot of the stories aren’t that enjoyable. I had high hopes for that book but it turned out to make me more angry with the direction of certain things than anything else. Wait till you get to a certain couple of the short stories, they are really unnecessary and are making huge unnecessary additions to characters backstories.
  • I actually enjoyed the Stormtrooper one I didn't feel it was out of place or anything.

The Jawa one with the Storyteller was kind of weird.
  • ROMG4
    3708 posts Member
    So wait they did a story on the StormTrooper that stunned Leia

And not OOM-9?!

UNACCEPTABLE
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

• Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Stalemate wrote: »
    I actually enjoyed the Stormtrooper one I didn't feel it was out of place or anything.

Yeah, that Storyteller could've really been handy for some situations in the films. Seeing that R2 can play his memory of escaping the Trade Federation blockade, couldn't that serve as the evidence Queen Amidala needed to rally support in the Senate?

ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Stalemate wrote: »
    I actually enjoyed the Stormtrooper one I didn't feel it was out of place or anything.

Yeah, that Storyteller could've really been handy for some situations in the films. Seeing that R2 can play his memory of escaping the Trade Federation blockade, couldn't that serve as the evidence Queen Amidala needed to rally support in the Senate?

Have you read the yoda or tarkin story yet?
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Stalemate wrote: »

I have only read the first 4/5 stories and I have been enjoying it.

I was a little annoyed the changed the name of the Tusken Raider that attacked Luke though.

I hate how they are trying to put a new spin on everything. They just can’t leave our OT alone without putting their own take on certain things
  • I haven't got that far yet. Last one I read was the Beru short story.

I'm a little confused as to what exactly "storyteller" is, is it a droid? I couldn't find it on the wiki only legends page about a Jawa called storyteller who could tell stories.
  • Some great news! JJ recently stated that the prequels will be referenced and that his movie will tie all 3 trilogies together.
    Some great news! JJ recently stated that the prequels will be referenced and that his movie will tie all 3 trilogies together.

Curious as to how they'll try and get the PT in there. As much as I love the PT, I don't want to have it feel forced.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
    Some great news! JJ recently stated that the prequels will be referenced and that his movie will tie all 3 trilogies together.

Curious as to how they'll try and get the PT in there. As much as I love the PT, I don't want to have it feel forced.

It’s all one big story. I don’t think it will be forced but have references possibly familiar locations and character mentions.
  • There were prequel references in the force awakens, mainly the flags at Maz's castle.
  • And Bail Organa (Jimmy Smits from TV's L.A. Law! What? You don't watch LA Law?)
    "Rise."
  • What? Bail Organa was not in The Force Awakens.
  • Oh, I was thinking of Rogue One. Sorry about that!
    "Rise."
  • No problem :)

Yeah well Rogue one technically is a prequel.
  • In the cinema I loved that part in RO when Jimmy came on the screen. I was giddy. I wish he had more dialogue in the prequel trilogy, because he's a great actor. RO had a few giddy moments for me. Like when Gold Leader chimed in. That was the coolest. I couldn't contain myself in my seat, snickering like a child.

Hey, did anyone notice that in RO, Darth Vader's line, "Prepare a boarding party," was the same as his line at the end of Empire Strikes Back? He was about to board the escaping Falcon but they got away. I thought that was a nice homage by the RO filmmakers.
    "Rise."
  • MAJOR campaign spoiler
    No joke. If you don’t want it spoiled don’t read
    in recent audio file leaked it’s confirmed that iden does ofcourse defect and her and one other squad member defect while one refuses to. Not surprised
  • Quizolio
    3221 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    MAJOR campaign spoiler
    in recent audio file leaked it’s confirmed that iden does ofcourse defect and her and one other squad member defect while one refuses to. Not surprised
    Honestly not surprising if legit. Now all that needs to be done with this is to have the whole scenario be believable and interesting to avoid being cliche.
    - tankertoad
  • Quizolio wrote: »
    MAJOR campaign spoiler
    Honestly not surprising if legit. Now all that needs to be done with this is to have the whole scenario be believable and interesting to avoid being cliche.
    ALso iden and another squad mate have a daughter! Iden is Rey’s mother theories Incoming!!
    Quizolio wrote: »
    MAJOR campaign spoiler
    ALso iden and another squad mate have a daughter! Iden is Rey’s mother theories Incoming!!

Too many theories! I'm already bogged down thinking about The Last Jedi enough as it is. I mean, I'm already at this state:
    DCaM16HVwAA5CIl.jpg
    - tankertoad
  • Quizolio wrote: »
    Quizolio wrote: »
    MAJOR campaign spoiler

Too many theories! I'm already bogged down thinking about The Last Jedi enough as it is. I mean, I'm already at this state:
    DCaM16HVwAA5CIl.jpg

LOL
  • What do you guys think of Canon Grievous?
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • What do you guys think of Canon Grievous?

I like canon grievous. He’s under appreciated imo. He almost defeated Obi Wan. I definitely would like more canon grievous with a proper backstory. Learning about Pre cyborg canon grievous would be cool and to see his rise to commander of the droid army.
  • WarfareKiller41
    7192 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    What do you guys think of Canon Grievous?

I like canon grievous. He’s under appreciated imo. He almost defeated Obi Wan. I definitely would like more canon grievous with a proper backstory. Learning about Pre cyborg canon grievous would be cool and to see his rise to commander of the droid army.
    His backstory needs attention, we will probably have information on his backstory once the ST is finished. Good thing TLJ looks very promising. By the way, he did actually beat Obi-Wan a few times.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • DarthJ
    6928 posts Member
    What do you guys think of Canon Grievous?

I liked him better in the old clone wars tv series. He was amazing there. Canon Grievous though...I like him overall, but I feel he ends up coming across quite poorly. In ROTS, he just seems fairly useless, other than spinning his arms like a windmill. In TCW series, he gets beat time and again. I did like the Grievous Lair episode, thought that showcased him well. But I think he has had a bit of a rough going with canon so far.
  • DarthJ
    6928 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    In fact I would say I prefer Dooku of the 2. Although felt he was not utilised enough in the films too, considering he was meant to be the big villain of episode 2. Hes basically in at the end of 2 and then dies at the start of 3. TCW put him across well I thought.
    In fact I would say I prefer Dooku of the 2. Although felt he was not utilised enough in the films too, considering he was meant to be the big villain of episode 2. Hes basically in at the end of 2 and then dies at the start of 3. TCW put him across well I thought.

TCW did indeed add a lot to the character of count dooku. Many great fight scenes in there
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Max rebo band or cantina band? :D

Max rebo

Cantina band

• I get chills everytime I watch Rogue One when they show Bail for the first time, the music and acting is perfect.