criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

General Star Wars discussions

Replies

• General Grievous was doomed from the start. :'(
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • I'm surprised that Bothans haven't been utilized much if at all in canon yet. Anyone else?

Personally I want more Trandoshans and Togrutas. I'd settle for just more Ahsoka and Bossk, but more of the characters and species would be ideal
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    Hey so not to change the subject at all , but in a new hope, why does Han solo apologize to the bartender and tip him " for the mess" , while obi wan straight up disarms this dude, blood everywhere, no apologies, no tip, and holding that lightsaber just asking anyone to say something and get disembodied. This has been bothering me. Thoughts?
    That scene always bothered me, too. My question is, "Is murder legal in the Outer Rim?" Because Han straight up murders Greedo, and flips a coin and says sorry about the mess? Isn't there a society in place that frowns upon murder? There is money, and there's a drinking hole. My point is, it doesn't seem like anarchy or uncivilized society. Han also wears his blaster in a holster, so I think in 1977 they were aiming at Han being viewed as a cool gunslinger of sorts from the Old West. A vigilante. Maybe that's the wrong word. Outlaw. Westerns were popular in the 70s, so I think a new hope was viewed as a "space western" to some people.

A lot of the stories in the 40th anniversary book touch on that from different points of view. But yea basically it is legal usually
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    On the topic of Palpatine manipulating or exploiting, I have a question in that area as well.

During the opera house scene, Palpatine informs Anakin that their "Clone Intelligence units have discovered the location of General Grievous." and that "He's hiding in the Utapau system."

I was wondering whether or not Palpatine simply gave away Grievous's location to Anakin to push his plans into motion quicker, or if Grievous was actually tracked so quickly by Intelligence.

I know that later on Anakin informs the council that "A partial message was intercepted in a diplomatic packet from the Chairman of Utapau." But this could easily just be nonsense Palpatine used as his "evidence".

I feel this is further supported when Obi-Wan actually arrives on Utapau and Tion Medon tries to discretely inform him that the Separatists are on the planet. Wouldn't they already know help was on the way?

Palpatine would obviously know grievous’ location so I’m sure palps just informed anakin. It makes sense since the people on Utapau didn’t seem to know help was coming. And also speaking of grievous, I’ve always wondered what if he escaped from Obi Wan and survived after the war ended? would the empire/Palpatine have used him for anything? I’m sure he would be obedient to palps if he asked him for something.

The plan was to charge Grievous with war crimes and execute him if Dooku survived his duel with Anakin in RotS.

What about Dooku? I guess if he lived the Anakin died so he would continue as the apprentice?
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    Anyone else think the the alien characters from the ST all seem pretty bland? They all seem to mostly be these bland colors. There isn’t any uniqueness to them like there is with species like rodian and duros. They had bright unique colors. Also speaking of them, it would be cool to see the ST introduce more familiar species instead of creating only new species. It makes the series it feel more whole..

That was one of my nitpicks. I get the galaxy is huge, but other than a Sullustan and a Wookie (Nien Nunb and Chewie), there was seriously not one of the older races on Jakku or Takodana? If Maz Castle is similar to the Mos Eisley Cantina, surely this would attract the more rogueish species like Rodians etc.

In the books we hear about more, like a Trandoshan on Jakku. The next two movies should definitely show more existing ones. Or at the very least, give general designs to races we've heard about but not seen in the new canon. I'd like to see a kaleesh or something
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Some cool info on ROTS:
    After Obi Wan cuts anakin down, anakin was supposed to reach out his hand and ask for help. Obi Wan would then respond saying that he loved him but can’t help him. Upon hearing that anakin would scream that he hates Obi Wan while his eyes then turn sith yellow while screaming at him. So many cool concepts they removed from the movies
    :cry:
  • bfloo
    15522 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    On the topic of Palpatine manipulating or exploiting, I have a question in that area as well.

During the opera house scene, Palpatine informs Anakin that their "Clone Intelligence units have discovered the location of General Grievous." and that "He's hiding in the Utapau system."

I was wondering whether or not Palpatine simply gave away Grievous's location to Anakin to push his plans into motion quicker, or if Grievous was actually tracked so quickly by Intelligence.

I know that later on Anakin informs the council that "A partial message was intercepted in a diplomatic packet from the Chairman of Utapau." But this could easily just be nonsense Palpatine used as his "evidence".

I feel this is further supported when Obi-Wan actually arrives on Utapau and Tion Medon tries to discretely inform him that the Separatists are on the planet. Wouldn't they already know help was on the way?

Palpatine would obviously know grievous’ location so I’m sure palps just informed anakin. It makes sense since the people on Utapau didn’t seem to know help was coming. And also speaking of grievous, I’ve always wondered what if he escaped from Obi Wan and survived after the war ended? would the empire/Palpatine have used him for anything? I’m sure he would be obedient to palps if he asked him for something.

The plan was to charge Grievous with war crimes and execute him if Dooku survived his duel with Anakin in RotS.

What about Dooku? I guess if he lived the Anakin died so he would continue as the apprentice?

He was supposed to get a pardon after Grievous took the fall for the entire thing.

I think this is the youtube video that describes it

The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Grievous over Dooku tho Dooku and Quin Gon would be cool to add as well

Darth Bane and others from old republic too
  • sorry im late to the party so havent read all 200+ posts. if this was already discussed please ignore. but what do you guys think of the implication of Rey holding her own against kylo ren in force awakens. at first he gets the best of her but later she honestly holds her own and could be argued she does better than him when they fight. she managed to get a hit on him despite having no force training. i was always confused by this. almost reminded of of episode 1 where anakin seems like he just randomly destroys the command center by blind firing the missles. did you feel that they should have protrayed kylo as more superior in combat since he already had training at that point and rey was a scavenger? does it mean maybe she was trained at some point when she was very young just doenst remember? maybe im missing the boat here?
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    stevenomes wrote: »
    sorry im late to the party so havent read all 200+ posts. if this was already discussed please ignore. but what do you guys think of the implication of Rey holding her own against kylo ren in force awakens. at first he gets the best of her but later she honestly holds her own and could be argued she does better than him when they fight. she managed to get a hit on him despite having no force training. i was always confused by this. almost reminded of of episode 1 where anakin seems like he just randomly destroys the command center by blind firing the missles. did you feel that they should have protrayed kylo as more superior in combat since he already had training at that point and rey was a scavenger? does it mean maybe she was trained at some point when she was very young just doenst remember? maybe im missing the boat here?

Kylo was injured by chewies bowcaster and he also was only trying to capture Rey. I don’t think she necessarily got the best of him. Still not that big of fan of that scene. Also not really a big fan of Rey being so self trained and acts like she can’t accept help from anyone. Not a fan of how she magically knew how to fly the falcon and out piloted highly trained pilots. Not a fan of how they made Finn look incompetent because of the way she was written.
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    sorry im late to the party so havent read all 200+ posts. if this was already discussed please ignore. but what do you guys think of the implication of Rey holding her own against kylo ren in force awakens. at first he gets the best of her but later she honestly holds her own and could be argued she does better than him when they fight. she managed to get a hit on him despite having no force training. i was always confused by this. almost reminded of of episode 1 where anakin seems like he just randomly destroys the command center by blind firing the missles. did you feel that they should have protrayed kylo as more superior in combat since he already had training at that point and rey was a scavenger? does it mean maybe she was trained at some point when she was very young just doenst remember? maybe im missing the boat here?

Kylo was injured by cheeked bowcaster and he also was only trying to capture Rey. I don’t think she necessarily got the best of him. Still not that big of fan of that scene. Also not really a big fan of Rey being so self trained and acts like she can’t accept help from anyone. That made Finn look incompetent because of the way she was written

yeah when i read the book it came off differently so i maybe it was just acting?
  • stevenomes wrote: »

Kylo was injured by cheeked bowcaster and he also was only trying to capture Rey. I don’t think she necessarily got the best of him. Still not that big of fan of that scene. Also not really a big fan of Rey being so self trained and acts like she can’t accept help from anyone. That made Finn look incompetent because of the way she was written

yeah when i read the book it came off differently so i maybe it was just acting?

Which part? The fight scene?
  • yeah. also her not accepting help from anyone. i think in the movie things seemed more random.
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    yeah. also her not accepting help from anyone. i think in the movie things seemed more random.

Yeah perhaps you’re right. Don’t get me wrong Rey seems like a likeable character but she wasn’t written well IMO in TFA
  • what did you think of force awakens in general? i was somewhat disappointed by it. felt like it was a reboot and was hoping for more of a sequel. it played out exactly like a new hope. there were many parts that were ripped from the triology. im sure the movie was made for new age but people like me who have seen the triology many times might remember those scenes.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    what did you think of force awakens in general? i was somewhat disappointed by it. felt like it was a reboot and was hoping for more of a sequel. it played out exactly like a new hope. there were many parts that were ripped from the triology. im sure the movie was made for new age but people like me who have seen the triology many times might remember those scenes.

Yeah same here. It was a complete rip off of ANH. It’s my least fav movie. I would even haft to put episode 1 slightly above TFA. Certain scenes are complete replicas. The whole plot is a ripoff. A droid with a secret mission gets lost on a desert planet and needs a rescue. Then the “good guys” need to attack a gigantic super weapon and destroy it. It was a disappointing movie. I can understand why casual fans would like the movie since they don’t recognize stuff like us lol
    Post edited by Cad_Bane on
  • stevenomes
    4670 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    i honestly like a new hope the most. to me its so classic and its about discovering what the force is. kind of like how the first matrix was really good but then the next ones they went overboard with his abilities and it lost that feeling of mystery. im not saying that they did that with the trilogy but maybe with the prequels. but a new hope to me is still the best. learning about what the force can do just those subtle scenes where you know its having an effect on the character. so many classic lines as well.

"his computer is off. luke you switched off your targeting computer. whats wrong?" nothing. im all right
    that line is one of my favorite of all the movies. you know hes figured out what hes doing with the force. he doesnt nee the computer, can do it himself, which is not normal. but once you discover what the force is in the later films, its not as special when they use it.

• Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    i honestly like a new hope the most. to me its so classic and its about discovering what the force is. kind of like how the first matrix was really good but then the next ones they went overboard with his abilities and it lost that feeling of mystery. im not saying that they did that with the trilogy but maybe with the prequels. but a new hope to me is still the best. learning about what the force can do just those subtle scenes where you know its having an effect on the character. so many classic lines as well.

"his computer is off. luke you switched off your targeting computer. whats wrong?" nothing. im all right
    that line is one of my favorite of all the movies. you know hes figured out what hes doing with the force. he doesnt nee the computer, can do it himself, which is not normal. but once you discover what the force is in the later films, its not as special when they use it.

Oh wow LOL. I meant I would haft to put Episode 1 above TFA. NOT ANH. ANH is one of favs also.
  • sorry i misread it. i thought when you said "it was a complete rip of ANH. it's my least favorite movie" i thought you were talking about ANH was your least favorite. good. glad it was misread.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    sorry i misread it. i thought when you said "it was a complete rip of ANH. it's my least favorite movie" i thought you were talking about ANH was your least favorite. good. glad it was misread.

Actually you didn’t misread. I just edited the original post to fix the error. accidentally put ANH when I meant TFA. Yeah glad we caught that cause ANH is definitely a classic and my favorite of the OT. What’s your list of favorites?
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Exciting news! The Boba Fett film is back in discussions of being produced. The film was scheduled and was abruptly cancelled when the then director’s other movies tanked at the box office he was fired from the production and the movie was scrapped. Apparently it’s now back in the discussions to be revived
    Exciting news! The Boba Fett film is back in discussions of being produced. The film was scheduled and was abruptly cancelled when the then director’s other movies tanked at the box office he was fired from the production and the movie was scrapped. Apparently it’s now back in the discussions to be revived

I definitely feel bounty hunting in this galaxy is a limitless storytelling potential. Even just for boba, there could be a great many movies
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited December 2017

I definitely feel bounty hunting in this galaxy is a limitless storytelling potential. Even just for boba, there could be a great many movies

Yeah exactly. I would love to get a Boba Fett and cad bane movie where they team up...That would be amazing. It could kinda be similar to the unfinished CW episodes where they team up and then have a falling out and start going after each other.
  • Finally!! I've been waiting long for a Boba Fett movie!
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Finally!! I've been waiting long for a Boba Fett movie!

It’s sad to think we would be getting a Fett movie instead of the Han movie right now if it wouldn’t of got cancelled
  • WarfareKiller41
    6779 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Finally!! I've been waiting long for a Boba Fett movie!

It’s sad to think we would be getting a Fett movie instead of the Han movie right now if it wouldn’t of got cancelled
    Yeah, a Han movie is highly unnecessary. But you know, it is Star Wars after all.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • After we were chatting about ROTS @WarfareKiller41 I came across this meme. LOL
    So true....
    sry4kqolyv201.png
    After we were chatting about ROTS @WarfareKiller41 I came across this meme. LOL
    So true....
    sry4kqolyv201.png
    Wow, that is so true. :D
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Something very ironic happened. So while a SW marathon was on TV and during a commercial break for ROTS, this incredibly ironic commercial comes on with Natalie Portman (Padme) where she asks “what would you do for Love?” It Then shortly after cuts back to anakin marching on the Jedi temple. :lol:
    I want to think that the advertiser knew what they were doing there lol
  • This one of the coolest legends stories I’ve heard about Vader. Cool to see him actually care for another person again. It’s worth checking out

Something very ironic happened.
    tenor.gif
    couldn't resist :smile: The perfume ad? That is pretty ironic.

"I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
    tenor.gif

Yes the perfume add :D
    This one of the coolest legends stories I’ve heard about Vader. Cool to see him actually care for another person again. It’s worth checking out

That was excellent man! Thanks for sharing. Feels good knowing Vader had some kind of friend.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    tenor.gif

Yes the perfume add :D

EDIT- Ad not Add
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    This one of the coolest legends stories I’ve heard about Vader. Cool to see him actually care for another person again. It’s worth checking out

That was excellent man! Thanks for sharing. Feels good knowing Vader had some kind of friend.

No problem, thought it was a cool story
    Post edited by Cad_Bane on
  • I didn't find any recent PS VR threads, so here goes: Yesterday I played the PS VR Battlefront Mission on the first BF game. Wow. I was blown away. I was IN AN X-WING COCKPIT. I couldn't believe how realistic it was. I thought the X-Wing would be on rails, but no, I had control. It was the coolest thing. I got nauseous, it was that real. I just had to share that with ya. Sure, BFII is plagued with problems, mainly for me it's been lag, but last night I was in another world, attacking Star Destroyers like I was there. Highly recommend this for any star wars gamer. i can't wait to try Skyrim VR, that's gonna be nuts I tells ya, N-V-T-S nuts.
  • I didn't intend to derail this thread...please keep discussing general star wars stuff....at work today a millennial co-worker said in a meeting, "I always thought Empire... (and then he couldn't quite remember the rest of the name of the movie!) was the weakest of the first trilogy..." and the rest of us kind of went off on him. lol Then he was like, "Oh, OK." what a pushover. haha
  • I didn't intend to derail this thread...please keep discussing general star wars stuff....at work today a millennial co-worker said in a meeting, "I always thought Empire... (and then he couldn't quite remember the rest of the name of the movie!) was the weakest of the first trilogy..." and the rest of us kind of went off on him. lol Then he was like, "Oh, OK." what a pushover. haha

Personally ANH is my favorite of the OT

• Conan Antonio Motti
    After watching ANH I realized that He has to be the one of the bravest officers the empire ever had. Lol. The way he dissed Vader was brave.
  • WarfareKiller41
    6779 posts Member
    edited December 2017

Conan Antonio Motti
    After watching ANH I realized that He has to be the one of the bravest officers the empire ever had. Lol. The way he dissed Vader was brave.
    And he was the only one in the entire room that took the Rebellion seriously, and of course, he was smart enough to do so.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited December 2017

Conan Antonio Motti
    And he was the only one in the entire room that took the Rebellion seriously, and of course, he was smart enough to do so.

Yep

Conan Antonio Motti

There’s also a missing seat in that meeting room, presumably where Krennic would of been :cry:

Conan Antonio Motti

Yep

Conan Antonio Motti

There’s also a missing seat in that meeting room, presumably where Krennic would of been :cry:
    So then we would have 2 arguments, with Vader and the Imperial Officer, and another argument between Krennic and Tarkin. :D
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif

Conan Antonio Motti

Yep

Conan Antonio Motti

So then we would have 2 arguments, with Vader and the Imperial Officer, and another argument between Krennic and Tarkin. :D

Haha
    I loved the arguments with tarkin and krennic.

Conan Antonio Motti

Yep

Conan Antonio Motti

Haha
    I loved the arguments with tarkin and krennic.
    We stand here amidst MY achievement, not yours!!
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif

Conan Antonio Motti

Yep

Conan Antonio Motti

it was confirmed in the 40 short stories book. I think there may have been more than one empty chair, though. Wonder who they were?
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Just play it cool palps
    0mdpg4f924501.jpg
  • Very Rare Photo Of Plagueis Sleeping After Teaching His Apprentice Everything He Knew
    j76z9mcy3b501.jpg
    Just play it cool palps
    0mdpg4f924501.jpg

Amazing.
    Failed to connect to EA Online.
  • Anyone ever thought that whenever Vader stops luke from striking the emperor in ROTJ he might of been stopping him from killing the emperor out of hatred to prevent his turn to the dark side? Vader was obviously very conflicted at this point and maybe he was saving luke by doing that. Cool way of looking at it
  • Thoughts? :D
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • kqb8z2bnho9u.png
    Thoughts? :D

0np8u7zs8tne.gif