criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

General Star Wars discussions

Replies

• Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Thoughts? :D

Lol. What’s that even from? Lols like some type of LEGO book
  • bfloo
    14747 posts Member
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    stevenomes wrote: »
    yeah. also her not accepting help from anyone. i think in the movie things seemed more random.

Yeah perhaps you’re right. Don’t get me wrong Rey seems like a likeable character but she wasn’t written well IMO in TFA

No she doesn't.

Conan Antonio Motti
    After watching ANH I realized that He has to be the one of the bravest officers the empire ever had. Lol. The way he dissed Vader was brave.

No one was that afraid of Vader in ANH.

Leia ripped right into it, his officer said it was all a bad idea, Motti outright insulted him, Tarkin treated him like a child...
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Another cool Vader story. @mastery0ta seems to always enjoy these posts lol.
  • Mastahpeece
    2025 posts Member
    edited December 2017

Conan Antonio Motti
    After watching ANH I realized that He has to be the one of the bravest officers the empire ever had. Lol. The way he dissed Vader was brave.
    And he was the only one in the entire room that took the Rebellion seriously, and of course, he was smart enough to do so.

Yep

Conan Antonio Motti
    And he was the only one in the entire room that took the Rebellion seriously, and of course, he was smart enough to do so.

There’s also a missing seat in that meeting room, presumably where Krennic would of been :cry:

I wouldn't be surprised if the big and fancy seat Tarkin sat in was originally Krennic's
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited December 2017

Conan Antonio Motti

Yep

Conan Antonio Motti

There’s also a missing seat in that meeting room, presumably where Krennic would of been :cry:

I wouldn't be surprised if the big and fancy seat Tarkin sat in was originally Krennic's

Good point. And new profile pic is on point!200.gif
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »

Conan Antonio Motti

Yep

Conan Antonio Motti

Good point. And new profile pic is on point!200.gif

ukjb20kbqely.jpg
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • DarthJ
    6330 posts Member
    Another cool Vader story. @mastery0ta seems to always enjoy these posts lol.

Loved the Shu-Torun arc. Queen Trios is in it currently again in the Ashes of Jedha arc in the main comic title
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ
    6330 posts Member
    Just to get this thread going again. Always wondered on this question and it seems to have most people I know divided:

Did Palpatine throw the fight against Windu to turn Anakin?

I still find it too much of a coincidence that Mace happened to get the better of Palps as soon as Anakin landed. Palps main talent as such was incredible foresight, and having multiple contingencies in place. So I have always thought he threw the fight to make himself look worse off at that exact time.

On the other hand, Mace is the strongest saber wielder in the Jedi Order at that point. Using Vaapad would have been a great tool against the Dark Side and Palps. But I just still think its too convenient he lost at that appropriate time. Palps also technically defeated Yoda, the strongest force user in the Jedi Order at the time.

Thoughts?
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    Just to get this thread going again. Always wondered on this question and it seems to have most people I know divided:

I still find it too much of a coincidence that Mace happened to get the better of Palps as soon as Anakin landed. Palps main talent as such was incredible foresight, and having multiple contingencies in place. So I have always thought he threw the fight to make himself look worse off at that exact time.

On the other hand, Mace is the strongest saber wielder in the Jedi Order at that point. Using Vaapad would have been a great tool against the Dark Side and Palps. But I just still think its too convenient he lost at that appropriate time. Palps also technically defeated Yoda, the strongest force user in the Jedi Order at the time.

Thoughts?

I’ve wondered about this too until I heard that Lucas said mace actually got the better of palpatine.
  • Anyone notice that the CIS symbol looks like the side of a TIE Fighter?
    553?cb=20121028124432
    star-wars-tie-fighter-with-interior.jpg
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Anyone notice that the CIS symbol looks like the side of a TIE Fighter?
    553?cb=20121028124432
    star-wars-tie-fighter-with-interior.jpg

Conspiracy confirmed! 15jisra4ef8l.jpg
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
    DarthJ wrote: »

Thoughts?

I’ve wondered about this too until I heard that Lucas said mace actually got the better of palpatine.

Because of his skill or did palps throw it? I'd think if it was a real fight it would have been even more grand and extreme. I could see either winning, to be clear
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited January 2018

Thoughts?

Because of his skill or did palps throw it? I'd think if it was a real fight it would have been even more grand and extreme. I could see either winning, to be clear

I just know George said mace actually got the better of palpatine. Which IMO means mace beat palpatine
  • DarthJ
    6330 posts Member

Thoughts?

I just know George said mace actually got the better of palpatine. Which IMO means mace beat palpatine

Ah well. I just find it too coincidental, despite how good we know that Mace is.
  • Here’s a video for @WarfareKiller41
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Which CW episodes are you’re favorite?
    Definitely the Umbara arc.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
    Definitely the Umbara arc.

For me it’s a tie between that and the season six story arc with fives. Fives almost completely changed everything and ruined palps plans. He’s my favorite clone by far.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    After watching ROTS it just makes my disappointment in the ST grow. I mean nothing in the ST even comes close to how epic the Obi wan and anakin Duel is. That scene is just amazing and it really makes the duels of Rey and Ben seem so underwhelming, awkward and almost childish. I mean you look at a movie like TFA and then compare it to ROTS and they couldn’t be farther apart.
    Even the soundtrack is miles ahead of anything in the ST. This is the best theme by far IMO
  • bfloo
    14747 posts Member

Thoughts?

Mace had Palps beat, but Palps had the power of the plot armor to save him.

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo
    14747 posts Member

The Maul Mandalore arc.

h846398gb27k.png

• WarfareKiller41
    6723 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    @Cad_Bane When you saw TFA for the first time, did you immediately see its similarities to ANH? Like did you look at the opening of TFA with that Star Destroyer and think "Wow, that reminds me of ANH's opening."
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • @Cad_Bane When you saw TFA for the first time, did you immediately see its similarities to ANH? Like did you look at the opening of TFA with that Star Destroyer and think "Wow, that reminds me of ANH's opening."

Not really. After thinking about it and watching it again it was glaringly obvious. My first viewing of TFA I was too disappointed with the plot and lack of post war setting to recognize any similarities.
    @Cad_Bane When you saw TFA for the first time, did you immediately see its similarities to ANH? Like did you look at the opening of TFA with that Star Destroyer and think "Wow, that reminds me of ANH's opening."

Not really. After thinking about it and watching it again it was glaringly obvious. My first viewing of TFA I was too disappointed with the plot and lack of post war setting to recognize any similarities.
    I’m in no way against your opinion, but why is Anakin your favorite character?
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited January 2018

Hmm good question.

The story of both his rise and fall-
    His rise from a junkers slave to being the hero of the clone wars is amazing. No one other than possibly Obi wan accomplished what anakin did during the CW. From winning multiple battles while fighting on the front lines, to defeating the presumed leader of the CIS, no one accomplished what anakin did in the CW.
    His fall is also an amazing and tragic story. He went from the hero of the CW and the Jedi’s poster boy to a powerful sith who lost everything he ever cared about it. No other character in SW has suffered as much as anakin. From loosing his mom, to then loosing his wife and assuming he lost his children as well, no one suffered like anakin. All anakin ever really cared about was protecting the ones he loved.

- His redemption
    After being completely destroyed both physically and emotionally he was able to realize (with the help from Luke) that there is still good in him and realize the only thing that always mattered to him was family. He was able to save the someone who he cared about (finally) and destroy the sith bringing a balance to the force.

And of course he’s the chosen one..... ;)
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited January 2018

Hmm good question.

The story of both his rise and fall-
    His rise from a junkers slave to being the hero of the clone wars is amazing. No one other than possibly Obi wan accomplished what anakin did during the CW. From winning multiple battles while fighting on the front lines, to defeating the presumed leader of the CIS, no one accomplished what anakin did in the CW.
    His fall is also an amazing and tragic story. He went from the hero of the CW and the Jedi’s poster boy to a powerful sith who lost everything he ever cared about it. No other character in SW has suffered as much as anakin. From loosing his mom, to then loosing his wife and assuming he lost his children as well, no one suffered like anakin. All anakin ever really cared about was protecting the ones he loved.

- His redemption
    After being completely destroyed both physically and emotionally he was able to realize (with the help from Luke) that there is still good in him and realize the only thing that always mattered to him was family. He was able to save the someone who he cared about (finally) and destroy the sith bringing a balance to the force.

And of course he’s the chosen one..... ;)

There’s many reasons but that helps to explain it^
  • So why is grievous your favorite character? @WarfareKiller41
    So why is grievous your favorite character? @WarfareKiller41
    I find so much enjoyment within his character. His intense hate for the Jedi greatly amuses me, his voice is just so good (I even try to talk like him in real life lol), and 4 lightsabers? Count me in. He shows that he doesn’t need the Force to evenly fight Jedi Masters like Obi-Wan. And I always laugh when he gets really annoyed, like when he just punches Battle Droids and completely destroys them lol. He is definitely one of the most unique SW characters, and I really hope they give him more canon backstory instead of entirely focusing on the ST. And I also find his spider crawl somewhat satisfying. :D
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
    I find so much enjoyment within his character. His intense hate for the Jedi greatly amuses me, his voice is just so good (I even try to talk like him in real life lol), and 4 lightsabers? Count me in. He shows that he doesn’t need the Force to evenly fight Jedi Masters like Obi-Wan. And I always laugh when he gets really annoyed, like when he just punches Battle Droids and completely destroys them lol. He is definitely one of the most unique SW characters, and I really hope they give him more canon backstory instead of entirely focusing on the ST. And I also find his spider crawl somewhat satisfying. :D

Star-Wars-Attack-of-the-Clones-image-star-wars-attack-of-the-clones-36217263-245-245.gif

I would like so more story to grievous as well. How about a solo film!? ;)

Star-Wars-Attack-of-the-Clones-image-star-wars-attack-of-the-clones-36217263-245-245.gif

Lol, gif is on point ;). Sorry to keep you waiting.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited January 2018

Did you read my anakin response to your question? I’ll have you know you caused the AFK timer to kick me from my match for inactivity because I was responding to your question.... ;)

Did you read my anakin response to your question? I’ll have you know you caused the AFK timer to kick me from my match for inactivity because I was responding to your question.... ;)
    Yep, I read it. Sorry about that lol. :D
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Yep, I read it. Sorry about that lol :D
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • I’d see a General Grievous origin story. Before and after he became a cyborg.
    Failed to connect to EA Online.
  • Vespervin wrote: »
    I’d see a General Grievous origin story. Before and after he became a cyborg.

Grievous trilogy of trilogies, then another for an even 10, then 90 more because 100 is a nice number
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Here’s a terrific anakin tribute video. Worth checking out.
    Some may have already seen it.
    Here’s a terrific anakin tribute video. Worth checking out.
    Lol, I saw it the same day it was uploaded.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
    Here’s a terrific anakin tribute video. Worth checking out.
    Lol, I saw it the same day it was uploaded.

It’s amazing isn’t it? Have you seen this one?
  • Both are awesome videos. Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader, easily my favourite Star Wars character with Obi-Wan Kenobi right on his tail.
    Failed to connect to EA Online.
  • OOM19
    2831 posts Member
    Yay! So Vader Force Choked Commander Fox in the last issue of Darth Vader

Finally
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • OOM19 wrote: »
    Yay! So Vader Force Choked Commander Fox in the last issue of Darth Vader

Finally

Aw I hoped he would live longer, his armor was so coool. But I like the subtle stories where Vader gets revenge on even the smallest players against him (because fox tried to arrest ahsoka)
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif

• This definitely gave me a deeper appreciation for Sir Alec Guinness and his acting skills. For him to portray a character who's backstory was not filled out at the time in this manner, truly superb acting.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • I think this does a great job summarizing the prequels by showing what a great overarching story it has.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • This does a pretty good job summarizing why Rey is terribly written character
  • 47k9l0xgbnb01.png
    Come on now, it's basically canon and you know it.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • 47k9l0xgbnb01.png
    Come on now, it's basically canon and you know it.

Yessssss long live Rex
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • UNSANE_fan75
    1469 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I mean nothing in the ST even comes close to how epic the Obi wan and anakin Duel is.
    You've revealed yourself as the Sith Lord we've been looking for. Only a Sith deals in absolutes. :o
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • I've just learned a terrible truth.
    @Cad_Bane is the Sith Lord we've been looking for.
    jedi_temple_hanger03.jpg

Kidding.
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • I've just learned a terrible truth.
    @Cad_Bane is the Sith Lord we've been looking for.
    jedi_temple_hanger03.jpg

Kidding.

Cad Bane is a Sith Lord?
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
    I mean nothing in the ST even comes close to how epic the Obi wan and anakin Duel is.
    You've revealed yourself as the Sith Lord we've been looking for. Only a Sith deals in absolutes. :o

tumblr_nmylelzbaV1sx2peuo1_500.gif