criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Favorite Hero abilities from the Star Wars Games You want back in BF2

Hey what's goin on my fellow Jedi & Sith friends? B)
What are your most favorite hero abilities from the previous star wars games over the years do You want too return in Battle Front 2?
These games can go all the way back to Republic Commando, Star Wars bounty hunter, Kotor, and the Jedi Knight / Dark forces games. You can include a cool iconic hero ability or Idea you want in the game.

But my favorite hero abilities are from Dice's battlefront & Pandemics battlefront 2.
Dice: Krennics over shield ability, Every single one of Dengar's abilities, Jyn's weapon switch, Leias Shield ability, and Chewies mighty roar.
Lastly I'd like the hero traits to return, they were very fun & added a lot of depth to the heroes gameplay.

Pandemic: The force pull, the ultra saber sprint, upgrading hero blasters after a certain amount of kills & Mauls horizontal saber throw.
⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
\⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

Replies

• BF2 already has maul's horizontal saber throw.

IMO most of them sucked from the original battlefront and most were good in Dice's game.

Also, I do really like dengar's abilities.
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    BF2 already has maul's horizontal saber throw.

Is that confirmed? I've only seen him throw it vertically. Unless your talking about the gameplay trailer, in it he does throw it horizontal but in the alpha demo at E3 we only saw him throw it vertically.
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• DeFaLt17 wrote: »
    EvazanJr wrote: »

Is that confirmed? I've only seen him throw it vertically. Unless your talking about the gameplay trailer, in it he does throw it horizontal but in the alpha demo at E3 we only saw him throw it vertically.
    Oh wait nevermind.

I like vertical better.

• EvazanJr wrote: »
    DeFaLt17 wrote: »

Oh wait nevermind.

I like vertical better.

I like both equally. But I'd prefer if the throw was horizontal so I can hit things easier.

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Force wave was amazing. Id also go for force absorb from jedi outcast and academy
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • I wish there was a for repulse/blast like from force unleashed. Also, a multiple force choke for Vader (as seen in the end of RO)
  • I'd like to see Darth Maul's horizontal saber through make a comeback too, the current vertical version of it has a really small hit box so you have to be accurate. I want Emperor Palpatine's Force Dash to make a comeback from SWBF15 but this time even bigger & better with the added use of his light saber, dealing damage to anyone who is in the way of it.
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."

Oh wait nevermind.

I like vertical better.

I like both equally. But I'd prefer if the throw was horizontal so I can hit things easier.

Too hard to model ;)
  • Shinjuku wrote: »
    I'd like to see Darth Maul's horizontal saber through make a comeback too, the current vertical version of it has a really small hit box so you have to be accurate. I want Emperor Palpatine's Force Dash to make a comeback from SWBF15 but this time even bigger & better with the added use of his light saber, dealing damage to anyone who is in the way of it.

Yeah I'm not to fond of the pitch perfect accuracy you have to master with Maul. Looks difficult, but I guess ill just have to manage.

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Force grip for all force users. I love lift and throw objects with the force
  • I'd like mace windus ground slam from og battlefront 2
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    I'd like mace windus ground slam from og battlefront 2

Yeah that was sweet.

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Luke's saber dash ability. Nothing better than dashing into a group of people in a tight corridor xD
  • Joonlar wrote: »
    Luke's saber dash ability. Nothing better than dashing into a group of people in a tight corridor xD

Your faith in Guillaume will be rewarded.

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Force barrier. I'd like to see Jedi/Sith survive unscathed from a fatal attack.
    Joonlar wrote: »
    Luke's saber dash ability. Nothing better than dashing into a group of people in a tight corridor xD

What?
  • Joonlar wrote: »
    Joonlar wrote: »

What?
    It's coming back.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Oh great so Luke is still going to be Over-Powered?
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    Oh great so Luke is still going to be Over-Powered?

We haven't seen any gameplay of him but I'd imagine he's very similar to how he played in the last game. Which is basically Maul, but he actually has a block :joy:

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• ROMG4 wrote: »

Pretty much, it looks like he'll be a upgraded version of Darth Maul with the added use of being able to block. Don't worry, he can still get it though

@DeFaLt17 Did Guillaume state that Saber Rush will be making a comeback? Receipts please.
    MLtmeEi.png
    ROMG4 wrote: »

Pretty much, it looks like he'll be a upgraded version of Darth Maul with the added use of being able to block. Don't worry, he can still get it though

@DeFaLt17 Did Guillaume state that Saber Rush will be making a comeback? Receipts please.
    Uninspired Zebra
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif

Uninspired Zebra

So they just renamed Saber Rush to Force Rush, interesting. I thought it would of been something more along the lines of having his trait as an ability where he can increase his movement speed at will.
    MLtmeEi.png
  • So playable ewoks are a thing ? right?
    Shinjuku wrote: »

Uninspired Zebra

So they just renamed Saber Rush to Force Rush, interesting. I thought it would of been something more along the lines of having his trait as an ability where he can increase his movement speed at will.
    Oh yeah, I forgot it was renamed to Force Rush.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Elusive_DJ
    3141 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Shinjuku wrote: »

I cannot discuss this here, but you can contact my GT on Xbox ( LID E F A L TIL )
    Post edited by Elusive_DJ on

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• I can't stand that Darth Maul is a copy of Darth Vader from the last one
  • Nice thread idea! Well... like you said, Dengar was incredibly fun to use, I hope he's back in all of his former glory. Han probably had one of the best ability sets in the game, being fun but not OP, so I'm really irritated they've taken away his Rapid Fire and Lucky Shot in place of... worse Rapid Fire and worse Proxy Bomb : /. Bossk had cool ideas and abilities, but that Health Regen + his Predatory Instincts AKA "The Make Everything Better Button" was just too much. Actually, most abilities were really cool, they just needed some refinement for a few (Heavy Strike, Precision Shots, Trooper Bane, etc...) but yeah. I'd just be fine seeing all the Heroes and Villains from this game back and updated. So, yeah, they would all be neat to see!
    514noah wrote: »
    I can't stand that Darth Maul is a copy of Darth Vader from the last one
    Maul's Choke only appears to kill very damaged opponents, and his Saber Throw appears to be far more precise. His spin attack seems to be his best ability in that regard, making him a fast and agile Lightsaber whirlwind : )
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Elusive_DJ
    3141 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    JMaster wrote: »
    Nice thread idea! Well... like you said, Dengar was incredibly fun to use, I hope he's back in all of his former glory. Han probably had one of the best ability sets in the game, being fun but not OP, so I'm really irritated they've taken away his Rapid Fire and Lucky Shot in place of... worse Rapid Fire and worse Proxy Bomb : /. Bossk had cool ideas and abilities, but that Health Regen + his Predatory Instincts AKA "The Make Everything Better Button" was just too much. Actually, most abilities were really cool, they just needed some refinement for a few (Heavy Strike, Precision Shots, Trooper Bane, etc...) but yeah. I'd just be fine seeing all the Heroes and Villains from this game back and updated. So, yeah, they would all be neat to see!
    514noah wrote: »
    I can't stand that Darth Maul is a copy of Darth Vader from the last one
    Maul's Choke only appears to kill very damaged opponents, and his Saber Throw appears to be far more precise. His spin attack seems to be his best ability in that regard, making him a fast and agile Lightsaber whirlwind : )

I think I like Hans new proxy bomb more than the lucky shot, it has a very large splash radius & does a lot of damage. Making him absolutely terrifying to fight but thankfully its on a long cool down.
    His shoulder charge is kind of lame tbh, but I mostly used it as an escape option before it got buffed in the last game so maybe ill just do the same thing for the new one.
    His rapid fire is the same as the last game, It might not seem good but trust me it does a lot of damage.

aakkhwbkosde.gif