criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Name one DLC from BF1 you want in BF2 & how you would improve it

Elusive_DJ
3141 posts Member
edited September 2017
If there were just One DLC you would absolutely want in Battlefront 2 what would it be?
Mine would be Death Star, It had the best close quarters maps, most engaging space combat & most engaging mode to play.

There's just something so satisfying about escourting R2 as a team & blowing up the Death Star as Red-Five. Its just so awesome. Its even better when I get too see all those amazing heroes participating in the battle!

Unlike other DLC's this one actually makes me feel like I'm actually in the star wars universe with the small narrative it has & thus made me have a more enjoyable experience! Attacking the imperial fleet head on & boarding the death star to rescue R2. None of which actually happened in the A New Hope film, but this DLC cooks up a brand new perspective on what could've been and masterfully so.

Things I would improve: 1. The first stage is incredibly tedious as most players cant grasp the simple concept of attack star fighters & engaging the star destroyers weak spots (Fix the skill based match making)

2. I think it would be so cool if we had other planets in the back ground like maybe Rhen Var, Kamino, Alderaan, [Starkiller base?!?!?] just to name a few. (More Planets)

3. Letting me take on the Death Star head on with the Republic or Resistance just like in the old battlefront 2! It was super cool fighting in the Death Star as a clone trooper back in the day in multiplayer & instant action and it would be even cooler thanks to frost bite. Just think of how cool it would be when your defending R2 with magna guards or droidekasI'd also like it because of it's brief appearance in Attack of the Clones [My favorite star wars movie, don't judge pls.] (Full Cross era Factions)

4. Make the droid you rescue possibly other types of astromechs like R-4 or Chopper. Maybe even 3PO or K2-SO. (Replayability options)

5. Instead of the droid you rescue how about letting it be an extraction pay load? That way you could stop those pesky R2 trolls. (Extraction Idea!)

6. How about having several sections of the mode where you have to complete several tasks over the course of a couple rounds. Like picture this, You board the death star & now you've rescued R2 but now he has to extract Data from a terminal and you have to defend him. (Side objectives)

7. More Maps! (Replayability options)

8. Maybe have the elevators be centric to the mode. Like maybe you could access an entirely different part of the death star and complete a (side objective.) ;)

9. Let us actually rescue a prisoner, maybe like Leia or a Jedi.

10. I want to actually board & escape the death star in my ship, (No cutscenes.)

11. Allow multiple hero ships to be present in the battle. I wanna fight with Han while I'm Luke B)

12. Last phase is perfect :smile:

All in all I love this mode just for what it is, It's almost like a perfect mode made just for star wars fans like me. It's all rooted in my love for Star Wars and this mode captured that love perfectly. Definitely worth those $50, well for all the fun I had in it of course!
Alright so that's my thoughts. Any questions, opinions, thoughts, or anything you'd like to add on?
⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
\⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

Replies

• Bespin dlc with sabotage. I played that sooo much. It was intense and hectic which imo makes it fun
  • JackTHorn
    3600 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    DeFaLt17 wrote: »
    If there were just One DLC you would absolutely want in Battlefront 2 what would it be?
    Bespin. LOVE that DLC. Beautiful maps, great overall design, fun showcase mode, flexible play.

Things I would improve: 1. Move OoB lines to prevent the rampant spawn-camping.

2. Fewer places where hopping over a railing to get onto some stairs runs you the risk of dying in a million-foot fall.

The rest of the current problems will be fixed just by it being Battlefront two instead of one. The hero tokens really mess with things, and the presence of Heroes on the battlefield can completely sway the tide of the battle. What Battlefront 2 is moving to a system with no hero tokens, and heroes should be less overpowered, so it should be great.

Mine would be Death Star, It had the best close quarters maps, most engaging space combat & most engaging mode to play.
    Death Star is definitely my second favorite DLC. =)

Though I think I like Extraction mode better than Battle Station mode. The only reasons that Outer Rim isn't my second favorite are A.) the maps aren't as cool as the Death Star maps, and B.) the mode-rotating Playlist is awful, I keep getting stuck in loooooong games of my least favorite mode, Heroes Vs Villains.

2. I think it would be so cool if we had other planets in the back ground like maybe Rhen Var, Kamino, Alderaan, [Starkiller base?!?!?] just to name a few. (More Planets)
    Death Star over other planets would be very cool!

Um, but not Starkiller Base, of course...

3. Letting me take on the Death Star head on with the Republic or Resistance just like in the old battlefront 2! It was super cool fighting in the Death Star as a clone trooper back in the day in multi-player... Just think of how cool it would be when your defending R2 with magna guards or Droidekas.
    Yeah,that sounds awful. Totally ridiculous. Ah, but I just realized who I'm responding to -- of course you love the idea of defending R2 with Droidekas while on the Death Star.

9_9
  • Outer rim. Just because of extraction :)
  • Outer Rim or Bespin all the way.
  • Elusive_DJ
    3141 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    JackTHorn wrote: »
    Bespin. LOVE that DLC. Beautiful maps, great overall design, fun showcase mode, flexible play.

Things I would improve: 1. Move OoB lines to prevent the rampant spawn-camping.

2. Fewer places where hopping over a railing to get onto some stairs runs you the risk of dying in a million-foot fall.

The rest of the current problems will be fixed just by it being Battlefront two instead of one. The hero tokens really mess with things, and the presence of Heroes on the battlefield can completely sway the tide of the battle. What Battlefront 2 is moving to a system with no hero tokens, and heroes should be less overpowered, so it should be great.

Lol exactly, its quite frustrating.

Death Star is definitely my second favorite DLC. =)

Though I think I like Extraction mode better than Battle Station mode. The only reasons that Outer Rim isn't my second favorite are A.) the maps aren't as cool as the Death Star maps, and B.) the mode-rotating Playlist is awful, I keep getting stuck in loooooong games of my least favorite mode, Heroes Vs Villains.

Goood.
    Death Star over other planets would be very cool!

Um, but not Starkiller Base, of course...

Yeah,that sounds awful. Totally ridiculous. Ah, but I just realized who I'm responding to -- of course you love the idea of defending R2 with Droidekas while on the Death Star.

9_9

You will pay the price for your lack of vision :joy:
    tumblr_lydinl6Bjs1qgkqy9o1_500.gif
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• KhilonaJ wrote: »
    Outer rim. Just because of extraction :)

That mode is actually painful. In my humble opinion of course.

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Oh my goodness I almost forgot to mention this!

13. If the Dark side wins, then the Death Star explodes whatever type of planet is present in the current map with its super laser. I don't know why they couldn't add this feature for that Jedha looking planet in the last game, but hey what can you do.

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Death Star DLC by far. All your points are exactly what it needs! And if Battle Station returns, I hope they add the Space Battle over Naboo where you destroy the Droid Control Ship, the Battle of Endor where you destroy Death Star II, the Battle of Starkiller Base where you destroy Starkiller Base, and obviously the Battle of Yavin where you destroy the Death Star like in Battlefront 2015. Oh, and I've learned to accept and love cross-era. :)
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Death Star #1

No idea how it could be implemented, but if there was a limit on the explosives available per team, that would be great. The explosives almost completely ruined it for me. It is still the best DLC, though Scarriff is close.

Bespin was, IMO, BY FAR, the worst DLC. The only decent map was the carbon freezing chamber map. The rest was garbage. WAY too open, hardly any cover. Turning Point on that map is an absolute joke if you're a rebel. And Sabotage is just not fun, imo. I enjoy being a foot soldier, and running into 4 heroes at the same time in the same room is just garbage.

The best maps belonged to the Outer Rim...excellent job on those.
  • DeFaLt17 wrote: »
    Oh my goodness I almost forgot to mention this!

13. If the Dark side wins, then the Death Star explodes whatever type of planet is present in the current map with its super laser. I don't know why they couldn't add this feature for that Jedha looking planet in the last game, but hey what can you do.

That's a great idea!
  • gcardoso wrote: »
    Outer Rim or Bespin all the way.

This by far, that is until the broken hero glitch on extraction. Love Bespin and OR. Death Star looked great but the forced flying killed it for me.
  • Seeing as death star was already defended in OP (and I agree fully so I won't add anything)

The mode I think was most successful, balanced, and replayable, IMO is Infiltration

What would I improve
    The hit boxes of the debris in space, I've killed myself by hitting nothing so many times.

More layouts for what happens in space (so more maps for phase one)

More maps/objectives on the ground, I think this mode could fit quite nicely into galactic assualt

More heroes! I hated that I rarely ever got to be the hero in this mode, and it always had to be Krennic or Jyn, and they could only be used for "one life" give us more!

Otherwise I love this mode
  • Death Star with the new Starfighter combat
  • I'd like to see the Death Star DLC become available for offline for BF2 and bring Bespin maps to both offline and to the new online modes.

Sabotage and Big Team Drop Zone are super fun and the maps are beautiful. I'd also like an eventual Sabotage/Hero Blast combo mode where it's 20v20 all Heroes and Villains and a smaller version of it.
  • I'll take the locations, but for the most part I'm completely fine with them chucking away everything that came along with it.

I'm hoping for fewer maps focused on CQC this time. It'll alleviate the pain of grenade spam. As long as this star card system is in place, there will be horrible grenade spam.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • I'll take the locations, but for the most part I'm completely fine with them chucking away everything that came along with it.

I'm hoping for fewer maps focused on CQC this time. It'll alleviate the pain of grenade spam. As long as this star card system is in place, there will be horrible grenade spam.

Better brace for impact then by the looks of it.

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Death Star DLC by far. All your points are exactly what it needs! And if Battle Station returns, I hope they add the Space Battle over Naboo where you destroy the Droid Control Ship, the Battle of Endor where you destroy Death Star II, the Battle of Starkiller Base where you destroy Starkiller Base, and obviously the Battle of Yavin where you destroy the Death Star like in Battlefront 2015. Oh, and I've learned to accept and love cross-era. :)

Fantastic ideas, how did I not think of that!? If they were to expand on Battle station they could definitely add in different variations of it, just to give some variety to the era.

I'd imagine the end game cutscene for the droid control ships would be the droid transports landing on the planet.

Glad to see another cross era supporter B)

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• I'd like to see the Death Star DLC become available for offline for BF2 and bring Bespin maps to both offline and to the new online modes.

Sabotage and Big Team Drop Zone are super fun and the maps are beautiful. I'd also like an eventual Sabotage/Hero Blast combo mode where it's 20v20 all Heroes and Villains and a smaller version of it.

They should make big drop zone its own mode! Hero blast should definitely be expanded upon.

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Just give me Extraction. Easily the best designed mode in the game.
  • Death Star was my favorite personally, although I'd love to see a different better version of Bespin. I enjoyed some of the smaller maps in that DLC but found the Walker Assault/Supremacy large map a little underwhelming and even a bit un-SW-like in appearance. A rare fail when it came to beautiful map making, something DICE is quite good at. (Not that the map was ugly but just very generic sci-fi IMO). We could have gotten something so much better IMO.

That all said, I'm totally fine if they don't return to any of these locales. Just hoping for some Hoth and Endor personally. The iconic big battle locales basically.
  • I choose all.
  • I want Death Star and bespin maps to make a return in BFII. They are such iconic locations, they shouldn't leave them out of a BF game.

It's looking a lot better.

Also, keep in mind Battlefield has some pretty annoying grenade spam and they don't have a star card system.
  • KlownShueS wrote: »
    I choose all.

Okay, but if you could only choose one what would it be? :)

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Id death star, specifically battlestation.
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • ross42899 wrote: »
    I want Death Star and bespin maps to make a return in BFII. They are such iconic locations, they shouldn't leave them out of a BF game.

But they should leave cross-era and helmetless stormtroopers out of the game.
  • Edalin007 wrote: »
    ross42899 wrote: »
    I want Death Star and bespin maps to make a return in BFII. They are such iconic locations, they shouldn't leave them out of a BF game.

But they should leave cross-era out of the game.

Well that's your opinion B)

aakkhwbkosde.gif

Edalin007 wrote: »

That's the opinion of a large group of Star Wars fans.
  • Edalin007 wrote: »

We're all entitled to our own opinion.

aakkhwbkosde.gif

I agree.

A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    I'll take the locations, but for the most part I'm completely fine with them chucking away everything that came along with it.

Also, keep in mind Battlefield has some pretty annoying grenade spam and they don't have a star card system.

Based on what I've seen of the palace interiors, it's not.

And Battlefield has limited a limited grenade capacity. Since it's bad there, it'll be even worse since star cards allow people to throw grenades until the moment they die.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    I'll take the locations, but for the most part I'm completely fine with them chucking away everything that came along with it.

And Battlefield has a limited grenade capacity. Since it's bad there, it'll be even worse since star cards allow people to throw grenades until the moment they die.

I'm pretty sure you can refill grenades in battlefield 1.

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• bfloo
    14785 posts Member
    EvazanJr wrote: »

And Battlefield has a limited grenade capacity. Since it's bad there, it'll be even worse since star cards allow people to throw grenades until the moment they die.

It usually isn't instant. I never timed how long it takes.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    EvazanJr wrote: »

It usually isn't instant. I never timed how long it takes.

It doesn't take long.

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• I loved the Scarif DLC with the jungle setting. It was a new and fun battle to fight. But if I had to rank:
    1. Scarif
    2. Bespin
    3. Death Star
    4. Jabbas Palace/Sullust
    giphy.gif
  • My own opinions:
    -Outer Rim didn't necessarily 'wow' me with its maps and content, so I generally wouldn't have a problem if it got left behind.

-Bespin would be great with a rework of the maps to prevent the exploits and trick areas from becoming the main points of play.

-I'd go for Death Star as a whole, but the tight corridors were just awful with all of the star cards. I vividly remember playing entire matches fighting over a single corridor.

-Scarif is unable to get a word from me. It released after I set sail and left the game behind.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • bfloo
    14785 posts Member
    -Outer Rim didn't necessarily 'wow' me with its maps and content, so I generally wouldn't have a problem if it got left behind.

I'd miss Jabba's Palace, The Rebels and Imperials trying to loot the palace after Jabba's death is feasible.

-I'd go for Death Star as a whole, but the tight corridors were just awful with all of the star cards. I vividly remember playing entire matches fighting over a single corridor.

This was the only feeling of a true front line I ever got out of the game.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I'd like the rancor to be alive